The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 11-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #101
steintym
Stay Frosty

Default Re: Survivor: Philippines

Ai was definitely having a meltdown moment. She is a complete loose cannon and a nut. She really didn't have much to gain other than "hey, look, I have an idol too".

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:52 AM   #102
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Abi-Maria should win! She's hilarious!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #103
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Abi's an idiot.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #104
steintym
Stay Frosty

Abi sure seems like a mean, little *****. Cute bod, but she's always working that pissy look of her's.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #105
Quasar
Side-Kick

I expected Abi to come in dead last at all the challenges once it went to individual immunity, but she's been surprisingly competitive. I still want her to get face planted at some point.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:54 PM   #106
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

lol Abi's face at the end. Deal with it *****.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:54 AM   #107
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Abi is such a c-word.

SolarTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #108
PemLam
I'll be the judge of that

I loved that Penner shut Abi up after they returned from last weeks tribal council by telling her to her face, in no uncertain terms that he voted for her. It made her look even more pathetic after she confronted Mike and Lisa about it.

Finally; a group was smart enough to start turning the tables on Abi, Pete and Artis. I was absolutely rooting for Lisa after last weeks tribal council to at least make it to the final tribal but now, after seeing her accept the brow beating from that ***** Abi after the reward challenge, I can't root for someone that's such a weak person. When you absolutely know you're not going to make it to the final three with a group, yet you continue to vote with them "out of loyalty", then you're just ignorant.

The look on Artis's face when the first vote was read was absolutely priceless and to add Abi's face at the end when Artis is voted out was pure gold. I am so looking forward to the next few weeks when Pete and Abi are voted out.

PemLam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #109
Quasar
Side-Kick

I was so rooting for Team Evil to go down! When it was tied 4-4, I was on the edge of my seat. But if I'd had more time to think about it, I would've expected Penner to go, since Team Evil only had 3 votes, and Lisa and Stubin were expected to vote together. So for Penner to receive 4 votes, that means one of them voted with Team Evil, and ergo it was logical the other one did too. THANK YOU STUBIN FOR GOING AGAINST EXPECTATIONS!!!

I was thinking they should've tried blindsiding Abi to get rid of the idol, but the vote was really too close to take that risk, and their logic was sound for getting rid of Artis. Now they could split the vote to work around the idol, but only if they get Lisa on board. She could still be a fly in the ointment, and if they consider her to be too much of an x factor, their best bet would be to vote her out, knowing Abi wouldn't give her the idol under any circumstance.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #110
steintym
Stay Frosty

I loved seeing the tables get turned, blindside city. I hope Abi is next on the chopping block.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #111
Quasar
Side-Kick

I loved it when she wasn't picked for the reward challenge so had no chance of going! Plus the rest of Team Evil was on the losing team, so once again, no reward! Fantastic!

Old 11-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #112
steintym
Stay Frosty

I thought that was funny as well. I'm surprised Abi didn't flip out more at not being picked.

Even in her Alliance of Prick, I don't think she is liked or respected at all.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #113
PemLam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
I loved it when she wasn't picked for the reward challenge so had no chance of going! Plus the rest of Team Evil was on the losing team, so once again, no reward! Fantastic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
I thought that was funny as well. I'm surprised Abi didn't flip out more at not being picked.

Did you see the way she lowered her head when he announced that she wasn't picked and wouldn't be entitled to the reward regardless? Fantastic.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #114
PemLam

Quote:
I was so rooting for Team Evil to go down! When it was tied 4-4, I was on the edge of my seat. But if I'd had more time to think about it, I would've expected Penner to go, since Team Evil only had 3 votes, and Lisa and Stubin were expected to vote together. So for Penner to receive 4 votes, that means one of them voted with Team Evil, and ergo it was logical the other one did too. THANK YOU STUBIN FOR GOING AGAINST EXPECTATIONS!!!

I was thinking they should've tried blindsiding Abi to get rid of the idol, but the vote was really too close to take that risk, and their logic was sound for getting rid of Artis. Now they could split the vote to work around the idol, but only if they get Lisa on board. She could still be a fly in the ointment, and if they consider her to be too much of an x factor, their best bet would be to vote her out, knowing Abi wouldn't give her the idol under any circumstance.
After seeing her continue to vote along with the axis of evil, even after the treatment she's received both at camp and at tribal, I have absolutely zero faith that she will switch her voting now that they're so close to the end.

Hopefully the other five continue to vote them out...this time taking out Pete. Abi doesn't strike me as the type of person who will give up the idol to anyone, even Pete.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #115
steintym
Stay Frosty

I agree, I don't see that idol leaving Abi's mean, little grip.

I really wanted to like Lisa, but she's becoming way too wishy, washy for me. The crying every week is becoming a bit much.

I liked how Penner weaves this entire story trying to manipulate and influence Lisa and then said "I'm not trying manipulate or influence you" (or something to that effect).

My wife and I also thought it was kind of cute and funny when Penner was talking to the kids:

Penner: "I'm Jonathan, in my country my name is normal"
Kids: "Hi Normal"

Reminded me of Harold Ramis teaching English class at the beginning of Stripes.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #116
Quasar
Side-Kick

How slick was Penner pulling out all the bags at the reward challenge so his teammates didn't have to dig them up? That move gave them the gigantic lead that ended up (just barely) winning the challenge for them. And the other team never caught on, even with Probst shouting out the strategy and how well it was working for Team Penner.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #117
PemLam

Quote:
I agree, I don't see that idol leaving Abi's mean, little grip.

I really wanted to like Lisa, but she's becoming way too wishy, washy for me. The crying every week is becoming a bit much.

I liked how Penner weaves this entire story trying to manipulate and influence Lisa and then said "I'm not trying manipulate or influence you" (or something to that effect).

My wife and I also thought it was kind of cute and funny when Penner was talking to the kids:

Penner: "I'm Jonathan, in my country my name is normal"
Kids: "Hi Normal"

Reminded me of Harold Ramis teaching English class at the beginning of Stripes.
My wife and I laughed at that as well. Both Penner and Malcolm seemed to genuinely enjoy being there with the kids.

Quote:
How slick was Penner pulling out all the bags at the reward challenge so his teammates didn't have to dig them up? That move gave them the gigantic lead that ended up (just barely) winning the challenge for them. And the other team never caught on, even with Probst shouting out the strategy and how well it was working for Team Penner.
That move single-handedly won the challenge for them. It's things like that that remind me why other people consider him such a threat. Not only is he a great manipulator (though it's not that difficult with Lisa), but he's very good with the challenges.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #118
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:

Pete doesn't like Abi. Last week he said in a confessional that he wishes he could vote out Abi, but he knows taking her to the end is good for him.

SolarTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #119
Black Dynamite
Side-Kick

i dont really get the whole team evil thing. Its really only abi who is evil.

Black Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #120
steintym
Stay Frosty

Abi is the worst, but Pete and Artis are pretty surly characters, too.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #121
Quasar
Side-Kick

Allied with Evil = Evil.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #122
Harry_Lime02
That perfect girl is gone

I bet Lisa knew Artis was going and her vote was just for show. A ploy to keep Abi and Pete's trust, perhaps. Otherwise, why make a point of showing Mike and Lisa are a tight pair when they didn't even vote together? Doesn't make sense.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #123
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

I think that Mike just got feed up by Abi's antics and decided to switch without Lisa. There are two way's to have integrity in this game, one is to stick with your alliance and the other is to go with people you truly respect and feel are more deserving of the win. I think that Lisa chose the former while Scubin went with the later.

I was so thrilled when Artis got voted out, I was practically jumping for joy as all of my favorite players where finally voting together to get rid of the three players I really don't like. And yes, the expression on Artis's face was priceless The guy clearly didn't expect to be the one targeted that night.

Speaking of targeting, it was really stupid of the evil three to target Penner at that tribal as it was very obvious and could easily have led to Malcolm playing the idol to defend Penner. Im sort of surprised that it didn't come up since it was an obvious move to make if Penner and co didn't think they had the numbers.

Wyrminarrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #124
Quasar
Side-Kick

So normally Wednesday would be the annual Thanksgiving recap show showing "new footage" that I always skip, but I'm not sure that's the case this time. The description at CBS.com makes it sound like an entirely new episode.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #125
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by PemLam View Post
Last nights episode was fantastic, all the way up to the end when the votes were read. At that point I thought I was going to have a stroke; it boggles my mind how they could have screwed that up so badly and wasted a perfect opportunity to tear apart the "sinister 3's" alliance. What the **** was Penner thinking voting Abi? He knew the others were voting Pete? Even Jeff said it was an completely blown opportunity.

I can only hope that the previews are actually telling the whole truth for once and Lisa does actually split from the original alliance. Abi makes you wonder if she's ever seen a final tribal council before; she has to realize that being that much of a ***** kills your shot at the million. (It was nice seeing Pete get after her when she tried to get *****y with him on the beach though).

Up the to the end it was great though; Penner ruining everyone's chances by winning immunity, Lisa finally showing some spine and making blindside plans, the scrambling in the camp up to the last minute before leaving. That tribal council discussion was awesome; Lisa will spill anything at tribal and the move Malcolm made by flaunting the idol was perfect...and then not playing it at the end was brilliant.

The only thing that could have made this episode better would have been either Pete or Abi going home.

I finally caught up with this season of Survivor. It's been really enjoyable so far. Abby is one of the craziest and most paranoid players ever. I thought she'd be dragged to the finals because no one would give her a million , but she seems intolerable.

The tribal you mentioned was hilarious. I like Malcolm and was hoping he would refrain from playing the idol. Definately a smart move. I don't mind if Penner makes it to the end. It's surprising he's made it this far , but his experience with the game has paid off.

Also glad RC made it to the jury , it's nice to see her every week.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote