The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 11-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #126
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Default Re: Survivor: Philippines

Glad that this weeks episode wasn't a clip show.

Good episode and glad to see that the likeable people are sticking together. Abie once again showed that she is both self centered and stupid. If she had thought things through she would have kept the idol and voted for Pete, that way she is certain to stick around through another tribal council and just might find herself as a crucial vote when the other six have to target one of theirs.

Though I have to say that Im almost surprised that Abie didn't just keep the idol and let herself be voted out, she really looked miserable at the tribal council.

Wyrminarrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #127
PemLam
I'll be the judge of that

I'm glad that all the maneuvering and scrambling didn't get Skupin to change his vote; had he voted for Malcolm, then the arrogance of Pete and Abi would have been unbearable. That being said, I felt a glimmer of sympathy for Abi....okay, all of about .6 seconds, and then I realized that in addition to her being a *****, she's also a completely self-absorbed ***** that doesn't even realize that she's being horrible to other people.

Quite the ballsy move by Malcolm not to play the idol; if my nervousness during this tribal was any indication considering I was sitting in my recliner at home, I can only imagine how stressful it must have been for him.

All told, I'm definitely liking this season more than I have most of the more recent one's (past 5 years or so).

PemLam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #128
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

No doubt about it, this is the best season in a long time. Great players and interesting dynamics going on where things get shaken up a lot.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #129
bullets
bang bang

I thought Pete's last minute scrambling might of convinced Skupin. It really surprised me Malcolm took a chance with not playing the idol , he needs to watch his back more than anybody. I don't know what type of strategy Abi could use. I think her gloating might of been unintentional , but she deserves the criticism for the way she treats people. I don't care for Abi , but you never know what can happen with this group.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #130
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

There's always the hope that when your the last one standing and facing a large group that the large group will fragment and the factions will need your vote to form a majority. I don't think that this will happen this season as it looks like there is already a firm four alliance in play. Penner really was an idiot to not jump at Lisa's offer, you never say no to something like this.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #131
Quasar
Side-Kick

I swear I've never seen a challenge advantage as beneficial as the one Abi bought. You skip past 2 legs of an exerting challenge, you don't have any accumulated weights attached to you, apparently you don't even have to answer the question before the final leg like everybody else. WTF? Before, the best we've seen is something like "move forward a square."

Old 11-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #132
PemLam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
I swear I've never seen a challenge advantage as beneficial as the one Abi bought. You skip past 2 legs of an exerting challenge, you don't have any accumulated weights attached to you, apparently you don't even have to answer the question before the final leg like everybody else. WTF? Before, the best we've seen is something like "move forward a square."
As much as I despise Abi, I blame a couple of the others for being ignorant of Survivor history. Pretty much all the Survivor auctions have always had a big challenge advantage or family related item at the end. I know they're hungry but I can't believe Abi was the only one to give this any consideration.

Either way, it sucks that she won immunity but I take solace in the fact that there is almost 0% chance she will win. I say almost because the stupidity and pettyness of the jury members in the past is mind-boggling so there's no telling what their thought process will be.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #133
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

That was the ONE challenge Abi could have won, seriously untieing knots? Kinda slated towards a girl (no offense). No physical aspect to it like the previous two legs. Felt kinda fixed for TV purposes.

And BTW Abi was being SOOOOOO subtle about her fake idol. I bet none of them bought it.

SolarTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #134
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

I was really disappointed when Abi won the challenge and even more disappointed when it became clear that Penner was going home as I was rooting for him.

Penner really did make a huge mistake in not taking Lisa up on her offer in the previous episode, it was incredibly stupid of him. Almost as stupid as Abi's hidden immunity plan I swear I've never seen anyone try that play so ineptly.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #135
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

I was a big Penner fan, but I think we've still got enough interesting personalities left in for these last few episodes to still be good. I've been rooting for Denise and Malcolm from the start and I think it's virtually guaranteed one of them will win now so yay.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #136
steintym
Stay Frosty

I hate to say it, but wow, that sure did seem set up for Abi. I hate that she is still sticking around, but on the other hand, she is fun to hate. A good villain is fun to have around to watch.

She just seems mean to the core and doesn't even see it. She is real, true crazy.

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #137
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I don't like her class of villainy. By that I mean, less like Hantz where he stirs **** up for the fun of the game, and more likely that she's just a selfish, bratty ***** with a bad attitude in and out of the game.

Like Naonka for instance. Not so much villainous as just really really unlikable.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #138
steintym
Stay Frosty

For the most part, I do agree with you Sawyer. I just like having her around to hate. There really isn't anything "fun" about her being around, though.

Some of the past "villains" I've actually rooted for because they were entertaining, humorous, played an intelligent game, etc. Not so with human garbage like Abi or Naonka.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #139
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

So who would you guys pick from this season to be in a "Heroes vs. Villains" season if you could pick two of each? Let's also say that the returning players can't be picked. My choices would be:

Heroes - Malcolm & Denise

Villians - Pete & Artis

This season really has a poor selection of villains, I picked those two more be default since there really weren't any other people worthy who made it far enough in the game. Maybe RC could replace Artis but we didn't see enough of her to judge accurately.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #140
PemLam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
So who would you guys pick from this season to be in a "Heroes vs. Villains" season if you could pick two of each? Let's also say that the returning players can't be picked. My choices would be:

Heroes - Malcolm & Denise

Villians - Pete & Artis

This season really has a poor selection of villains, I picked those two more be default since there really weren't any other people worthy who made it far enough in the game. Maybe RC could replace Artis but we didn't see enough of her to judge accurately.
I'm not seeing any "heroes" this time around. Malcolm and Denise seem like nice, hard working players but they've both schemed and plotted against others, nearly as much as most of the other teams.

As for villains, I'd agree with Pete but Artis seemed like a follower on his tribe; not as much as that useless bag of flesh Lisa, but a follower nonetheless. He definitely needs to be replaced with Abi. Of course I couldn't see Abi lasting very long in a true "villains" tribe. She'd get eaten alive by the Russell's of the world.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #141
Dugath
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PemLam View Post
I'm not seeing any "heroes" this time around. Malcolm and Denise seem like nice, hard working players but they've both schemed and plotted against others, nearly as much as most of the other teams.

As for villains, I'd agree with Pete but Artis seemed like a follower on his tribe; not as much as that useless bag of flesh Lisa, but a follower nonetheless. He definitely needs to be replaced with Abi. Of course I couldn't see Abi lasting very long in a true "villains" tribe. She'd get eaten alive by the Russell's of the world.
I do not see how Pete was any more of a "Villain" than anyone else this season. It is not like he did anything mean or "evil", I surely did not see him put anyone down or act like a jerk. (Like Abi, who I just think does not know how to act towards others and is a "Me" person). Pete just tried to play the game and stick with "his people".

Dugath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #142
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugath View Post
I do not see how Pete was any more of a "Villain" than anyone else this season. It is not like he did anything mean or "evil", I surely did not see him put anyone down or act like a jerk. (Like Abi, who I just think does not know how to act towards others and is a "Me" person). Pete just tried to play the game and stick with "his people".
You don't remember him betraying RC and hidding the immunity clue in her bag? The guy flat out said that he intended to create chaos.

He was then obnoxious and often pretty mean towards people he thought were on the outside.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #143
PemLam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugath View Post
Quote:
You don't remember him betraying RC and hidding the immunity clue in her bag? The guy flat out said that he intended to create chaos.

He was then obnoxious and often pretty mean towards people he thought were on the outside.
This.

I wonder if Abi will have the decency to apologize at the reunion (or before) since she knows by now that RC never did anything to "betray" her.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #144
Dugath
Side-Kick

Quote:

Nah that was not evil, good strategy to get rid of someone
(But ya I forgot.. but still only 1 incident)

As for talking mean behind peoples back.. about 99% of people on Survivor do that.

I just do not view him as a true "villain" Just someone the "editing" try to make into for entertainment purposes.

If they edited it right you could be saying Penner is a "villain" I am sure.

Dugath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #145
Quasar
Side-Kick

If Abi isn't horribly tortured and run through with a pole or spear on tonight's episode, I'm going to go pout in a corner!

Old 12-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #146
steintym
Stay Frosty

She'll be unbearable tonight (not much different than past weeks, I know).

Old 12-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #147
dynamic
Side-Kick

Heroes: Denise, Malcolm, Lisa.

Villains: Abi, Pete.

dynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #148
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

God, Abi is just obnoxious.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #149
PemLam

We might as well get used to Abi being around through the final because none of them will get rid of her now because she's pretty much guaranteed no votes. If Malcolm is smart, he uses his immunity idol next week (unless he wins it again), votes off Skupin and goes to the final 4 with Abi, Denise and Lisa. If he can win immunity at 4, he'd be better off taking Lisa and Abi. The only thing Lisa has going for her is "loyalty" and Abi is worthless.

I loved how Abi wouldn't even look anyone in the eye after the votes were written down and Jeff asked about immunity idols. Just like a child that won't look you in the eye when they've been caught in a lie.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #150
steintym
Stay Frosty

I really hate the family reunion shows, they always come across as so cheesy to me. I know it must be emotional to reunite with a loved one like that, but some of the reactions are just cringe worthy. Lisa, Skupkin and Denise actually had me laughing out loud. I don't know, I might just be heartless.