The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 05-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
RockSP

Default Character interaction for part 2?

Let's pretend no new heroes will be introduced in the sequel. What moments would you like to see happen between the 6 current Avengers? Classic Hawkeye vs. Cap banter (kind of done already but with Stark)? Stark and Thor debating magic vs. technology? Whatta ya got?

Last edited by RockSP; 05-19-2012 at 02:53 AM.
RockSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
Silvermoth
Avenger

Default Re: Character interaction for part 2?

I wouldn't mind a scene of Iron Man introducing Thor to an iphone.

Also, it would be cool to see Tony and Steve start to become really good friends and even idolise each other.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

It'd be interesting if Thor, when he realizes what a phone is instantly grabs it, throws it on the table and smashes it, warning about the dangers of such magics. Of course, everyone thinks he's crazy, until Ultron uses their reliance on electronic communication against them later in the film.

I'd want to see Hawkeye interact with someone, maybe just have them pair off differently. Instead of Stark-Cap, Hulk-Thor and BW-Hawkeye, maybe have Thor and Hawkeye, Stark and Widow, Cap and Hulk, or better yet, Hulk and Hawkeye, Cap-New Character, Stark-New Character.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
Blackman
King Kong

I wanna see Banner and Widow's relationship expanded more.

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #5
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I want to see Steve Rogers and Tony Stark as friends now. Steve talks to Tony about Tony's father, something that we didn't see in the movie. And maybe Stark tells Steve about what effect Captain America had on his father. They sort of bond over that and that could be the start of them actually talking more personally.

I wanna see how Thor interacts with the rest of the Avengers more, him respecting Captain America, etc. Thor is a demi god, and was in his youth a brat, but now he would fallow Captain America into Hel and back. In fact the whole team could trust Captain America, but there could still be a sort of power struggle because Iron Man and Steve are natural leaders and they both sort of try to lead the team.

I want to see Hawkeye looking to Captain America as a mentor of sorts, maybe being the sarcastic rebel type he was in the comics but really listening and learning the whole time, and I want to see Cap training Hawkeye.

I want to see, maybe, Jarvis the computer programmed buttler voice bicker with someone like the Hulk or Hawkeye and make snarky comments towards that Avenger. Clint could call Jarvis C3PO and Jarvis can complain about Hawkeye eating all of Mr. Stark's food. Their banter could also hide that Hawkeye and the artificial intelligence respect each other. (although I don't know how human Jarvis the program is really.)

I want to see Stark and Thor debating Science versus Magic. Stark trying to reason everything away and Thor trying to get him to just embrace it all.
In Earth's Mightiest he tells Thor he is a scientist and all this talk of Asgard and gods and magic doesn't make sense. and in the cartoon he tells Mr. Fantastic about Asgard and Thor but in scientific means and reasons it all away. Asgard could actually be this and Thor's hammer could actually be that, etc. Stark could also give the team a communications thing, like the ID cards are in the cartoon or ear buds like in Leverage. And then show how Thor reacts to that, add it to the whole how Stark reacts to Magic and how Thor reacts to technology.

Black Widow not becoming a love interest of Cap or Iron Man or Thor or Banner, maybe Hawkeye, but maybe not even him. I don't want her to just become about a love story, her character I mean.

Not really character thing here, but I want to see them living in the Avenger tower, this would force them to interact more.

I'd love to see Hawkeye play the part Spider-Man did in the Avengers comic, Thor leaps into action and slams a giant bad guy across the city with his hammer and Spider-Man (amazed) says, "Thats what its like being on a team with Thor!" It would show that even though they are still on the same team and friends they can still be wowed by his great godlike power.

Last edited by Artistsean; 05-19-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I'd like more Hulk-Thor, Cap-Thor, Cap-Hawkeye interaction.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
Blitzkrieg Bop
I made you.

Thor and Tony drinking contest. Then Steve, Bruce, Natasha, and Clint join them for a drunken singalong of that Captain America song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Indeed. That's what female power looks like, folks. Those are the ass cheeks of justice.
Blitzkrieg Bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

To see some training lessons would be nice. A reference to the Hulk-Thor-fight with a revenge for the punch. But not a great thing so it does not be overused.

And some more Hawkeye interations with everyone. His time was too short with his Avengers teammates.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 2

IRON MAN 3 / THOR – THE DARK WORLD / CAPTAIN AMERICA – THE WINTER SOLDIER / GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY/ AVENGERS – AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #9
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
I wanna see how Thor interacts with the rest of the Avengers more, him respecting Captain America, etc. Thor is a demi god, and was in his youth a brat, but now he would fallow Captain America into Hel and back. In fact the whole team could trust Captain America, but there could still be a sort of power struggle because Iron Man and Steve are natural leaders and they both sort of try to lead the team.

I'd love to see Hawkeye play the part Spider-Man did in the Avengers comic, Thor leaps into action and slams a giant bad guy across the city with his hammer and Spider-Man (amazed) says, "Thats what its like being on a team with Thor!" It would show that even though they are still on the same team and friends they can still be wowed by his great godlike power.
Yeah I'd like to see this as well, although I like for there to be a mutual respect between Thor and Cap not just Thor respecting Cap.

I would love to see Hawkeye, Cap, or even Iron Man Marveling at the fact that they're on a team with someone as powerful as Thor.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

More Thor

I think every character was given a lot of good stuff to work with and even Thor to an extent...but he starred in probably the best made movie and has one of the biggest personalities and easily took a backseat to the other 3 and even Black Widow.

Maybe the more cosmic this gets the more Thor feels he should be taking a leadership role on the team and that causes a little conflict.

DMB #41
L0ngsh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:26 AM   #11
warhorse78
Side-Kick

I don't care if I sound like a broken record, but I want Clint and Steve just hanging out, singing "Don't Stop Believing".

Next, I'd love to see some of The Avengers go to Asgard.

While people want Stark and Steve to become great friends, I'd like to see a good rapport form between Steve, Nick Fury, and Rhodes.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:54 AM   #12
Anubis
Sup?

Quote:
Thor is a demi god,

That's all I read. And I wanted so badly to say HE'S NOT A DEMI GOD DAMN YOUSE!!!!!

But I don't wanna be that guy.

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:30 AM   #13
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t View Post
More Thor

I think every character was given a lot of good stuff to work with and even Thor to an extent...but he starred in probably the best made movie and has one of the biggest personalities and easily took a backseat to the other 3 and even Black Widow.

Maybe the more cosmic this gets the more Thor feels he should be taking a leadership role on the team and that causes a little conflict.
I didn't mind Thor being "low key" because Loki was his only objective, but he should definately interact with the team more in A2/A3.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
That's all I read. And I wanted so badly to say HE'S NOT A DEMI GOD DAMN YOUSE!!!!!

But I don't wanna be that guy.
Thats what Stark called him in the movie. "Lets do a head count... The Demi God, your brother..." I was just repeating what he said.

Of coarse there would be a mutual respect thing between Cap and Thor. But I already feel like Cap respected Thor, maybe not so much Iron Man though. But I think by the end he did respect everyone on the team. I just wanted the movie to show in part 2 that despite Thor's great power he still follows orders from a mortal human because he respects him so much.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #15
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I didn't mind Thor being "low key" because Loki was his only objective, but he should definately interact with the team more in A2/A3.

See here is my issue...He arguably had the most to work with of all the characters and they didn't roll with it

He could have been the most conflicted and actually caused conflict with the Avengers because he doesn't want them to hurt his brother

DMB #41
L0ngsh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #16
Anubis
Sup?

Quote:
Thats what Stark called him in the movie. "Lets do a head count... The Demi God, your brother..." I was just repeating what he said.

Of coarse there would be a mutual respect thing between Cap and Thor. But I already feel like Cap respected Thor, maybe not so much Iron Man though. But I think by the end he did respect everyone on the team. I just wanted the movie to show in part 2 that despite Thor's great power he still follows orders from a mortal human because he respects him so much.

Stark don't know wtf he's talking about.

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #17
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t View Post
See here is my issue...He arguably had the most to work with of all the characters and they didn't roll with it

He could have been the most conflicted and actually caused conflict with the Avengers because he doesn't want them to hurt his brother
Eh I think he was conflicted enough in the film, no need for him to be a drama queen and cause uneccessary turmoil to the team.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #18
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

-Black Widow & Hawkeye getting married.
-Thor & Captain America being best friends.
-Iron Man & Hulk being best friends.
-Iron Man introducing his Avenger pals to Pepper.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #19
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
-Iron Man introducing his Avenger pals to Pepper.
That would be a good moment.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #20
GregComicFan
movie and comic buff

Outside of the suit, Tony Stark is actually the worst fighter of all of them... Black Window could easily take him out... So perhaps Captain America could train him to be a better hand-to-hand fighter outside of his suit.

GregComicFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:52 AM   #21
ComicForAWife
Gamma God

I'd like to see more Maria Hill and Nick Fury interaction, I didn't really get the feel that they were of differing opinions when it comes to the superheroes. My guess is there's a lot of this in the deleted scenes.

ComicForAWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:59 AM   #22
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregComicFan View Post
Outside of the suit, Tony Stark is actually the worst fighter of all of them... Black Window could easily take him out... So perhaps Captain America could train him to be a better hand-to-hand fighter outside of his suit.
BAHAHAHA I would love to see that too.

Tony looks out of a window...
'Oh noez! Someone's stolen the sun! I'll save you!'
Runs into it and dies.

Seriously though, Black Widow is actually very good at what she does. Chances are she could take out all of the Avengers if they were on their own except perhaps Thor.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #23
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Tony trying to convice Clint to wear the purple wing-mask.

"You'll need to conceal your identity, to protect your family."

"I don't have a family."

"Fine, then to protect your friends then."

"I don't have friends."

"Really? What about me?"

"Actually, I never really liked you."

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:40 AM   #24
LeoKragg
Side-Kick

I loved how Captain America stepped right on up as leader of the Avengers by the third act-and everyone listened even self absorbed Tony Stark. Seeing more of that would be cool. I would also like to see Hulk have speaking interactions with his teammates. I DON'T want too much in-fighting.

LeoKragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:42 AM   #25
LeoKragg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I wanna see Banner and Widow's relationship expanded more.

Why? What exactly do you think needs exploring between these two characters???

LeoKragg is offline   Reply With Quote