Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #51
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Default Re: SUPERNATURAL Season 8!

TV Line:
Quote:
Supernatural @ Comic-Con: Season 8 Scares Up an Epic Chase, an Old Enemy and New Romance
by Vlada Gelman

Supernatural‘s time in purgatory will be short-lived, but what happened to Dean and Sam during their separation will play a big role in Season 8, the CW drama’s executive producers previewed at the show’s Sunday Comic-Con panel. They also talked about how this year’s theme – Raiders of the Lost Ark – will lead to some antagonistic chases, Cas’ status and some of the new relationships that have formed. Read on for highlights!

WELCOME BACK | How does new showrunner Jeremy Carver feel about being back at work on the show? “It’s sort of like having been a camper and coming back as a counselor,” he replied.

SEEKING POWER | The brothers are “starting the season on the offense,” shared Carver. “They really want something. It ties in very deeply with the mythology [and is] something very near and dear to their hearts. They are very much united” in their quest to get it. So what is the mysterious something? Sam, Dean, Kevin and Crowley are “all involved in a chase for a power source, ultimately,” hinted Edlund.

PURGING PURGATORY | “[Dean's] return from purgatory is going to come quite quickly,” revealed Edlund, but the story of what happened there will “be something we explore over the course of the season” via flashbacks. “There’s a whole body of events that take place there,” he continued. “There are meetings and conflicts. … It affects the future in all these different ways. They’re going to meet some badasses down there.” Jensen Ackles joked that after going to Hell, purgatory is “like diet Hell.”

BONDS OLD AND NEW | “The strength of the show is the bond between these two brothers,” said Carver. But while the sibs were separated, “it had a profound effect on each of them. And each has gone a very separate way. They will each carry what happened in their [time] away from each other.” In the interim, Dean and Sam have both made new relationships that “will carry forward and be very, very important.” Adds Edlund, “They’re kind of emotional shut-ins that have to learn to deal with other people. … We’re trying to get into more complex, real human relationships.”

A RELATIONSHIP TURNS SOUR | The Winchsters’ frenemy-like relationship with Crowley will become “much more antagonistic…. He is going to be an issue,” warned Edlund. Added Mark Sheppard: “We’re kind of chasing after the same thing, so it could be a problem.”

LOVE IS IN THE AIR | “Sam is totally getting some action this season,” confirmed Jared Padalecki. But what about Dean? “Does Dean ever really get romance?” replied Ackles. “I think the only real romance in Dean’s life is the car. So in that regard, absolutely.”

M.I.A. CAS | Where did Castiel disappear off to in the Season 7 finale? “He went out for beer, and he’ll be back shortly,” joked Misha Collins, who pleaded the fifth when asked when the angel will return.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #52
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Holy...

what if that power Sam and Dean are seeking is the amulet? If it finds God, what if it can help the brothers find the Words of God too?

Old 07-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #53
Orb
Lord of Demons

I can just imagine it now...

Sam: "That's it! The amulet!! With that we can find the Word of God!!"

*Flashback to Dean throwing it in the bin*

Dean: "SONAVA *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Old 07-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #54
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Supernatural panel details:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s6/...live-blog.html
Quote:
At the end of the seventh season of Supernatural, Dean and Castiel were stranded in purgatory and Sam was left all by himself for the first time. A sizzle reel of footage was shown at the start of the Hall H panel, but what follows are some of the highlights from everything else which was revealed during the discussion with with cast and crew, as well as the audience Q&A session which followed afterwards. Many thanks to Digital Spy for the quotes below, and be sure to sound off with your thoughts on all these new details in the usual place.

• The first question asked at the panel was whether or not Dean will manage to find his way out of purgatory, but Ackles was very careful to not give too much away. "He gets out. How he gets out, that's too much of a teaser - I can't tell you!" Luckily, Ben Edlund made it clear that he'll be back fairly early on in the season, but that will be far from the end of it. "The story of how he's brought to the limits in that place will be something we explore."

• "Sam is totally getting some action this season," Padalecki teased when asked about the rumours of romance for Sam. How about Dean? "I think the only real romance in Dean's life is the car," jokes Ackles. "So in that regard, absolutely."

• As talk turned to the relationships between characters on the show, Jeremy Carver made it clear that the focus will always remain on the bond between Sam and Dean, but their separation will have had a "profound effect" on them. "They are just as open to new relationships and beginnings and endings as anyone else in the world. They're going to have to come to terms, like any partnership, with dealing with the new relationship in each other's life."

• Misha Collins is then asked when we'll see Castiel again, but refused to give anything away. All he said was that what happened in purgatory is likely to be explored with the use of flashbacks. Despite Bobby seemingly being killed off for good at the end of season seven, Jim Beaver was also on the panel and was asked what his presence there might mean for the future of the character. "You can read anything you want into it. The pat answer is it's Supernatural, anything's possible. I have said anything's possible maybe 7,000 times this weekend!"

• What's going on with Crowley? "Crowley's essentially what happens when people aren't paying attention," Mark Shepard says. "I think we might be in a situation this year, I think I'm right to say, where we're kind of chasing after the same thing so it could be a bit of a problem."

• As for what fans should expect from this season, Carver teased that it will have a lot in common with Raiders of the Lost Arc, explaining that the Winchester's are on the search for a "power source" which will introduce a "gamechanging element". "They really want something.It ties into the overarching mythology of the show itself, and something near and dear to their hearts."

• Reiterating that the purgatory storyline is likely to take place via flashbacks, Edlund said that there's a "whole body of events" that take place in purgatory. "They're going to meet some badasses down there," he says. "There are going to be some problems." And Carver adds: "We can safely say purgatory makes strange bedfellows."

• "We're going to pull back from the heavy, heavy mythology. We're going to give a chance for our brothers to come out a little bit," says Carver. However, he hopes that the mythology they do introduce will play a role in the show for many years to come. Jared finishes the panel by thanking the fans for their support and making a point of saying that Supernatural's move to a Wednesday is a great sign.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #55
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
Quote:
"for many years to come."
No show like this has ever made it past 10 seasons has it? I'm curious if they are gonna try for the mythical 11.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 07-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #56
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I doubt that I expect at most two more seasons. Even though I don't want it to end.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #57
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Maybe Carver has an idea of where this will go, but I really don't see this show going past season nine.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #58
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
I doubt that I expect at most two more seasons. Even though I don't want it to end.
I think they will go as long as they can keep it going without any real ending envisioned. I 'm not sure they can make it past 10, but if they prove to be strong on Wednesday night, and with the cast and crews continued commitment I don't see how this train could be stopped any time soon. At this point I'd like the show to try for 11 as long as they don't jump the shark. It's a milestone no one ever expected from this show.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 07-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #59
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Purgatory would be a really good way to get guest spots from villains from the earlier seasons. Lots of fans seem pretty damn sure that Angels and Demons don't go to purgatory when they die, but I really hope the writers don't go in that direction because it would be a wasted opportunity. Having Ghost!Gabriel as a helping hand in Purgatory would be neat.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #60
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I really hate the idea of demons and angels going to Purgatory after death. For one, that's like giving demons another chance to "live" since they were human souls to begin with so it's like the souls just go on to another place after death.

And angels going to Purgatory...I don't know, it just doesn't seem right to me. If anything, when an angel dies, they should go on to some higher "level" in Heaven as a reward of death since they are God's warriors and what not.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #61
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Also too doing it in flash backs as crappy as it may sound. Is also good too for having guest appearances of new/old guys. And would work for scheduling x actors for roles. Then doing a whole purgatory episode and not being able to get x actors.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:06 AM   #62
Kar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Holy...

what if that power Sam and Dean are seeking is the amulet? If it finds God, what if it can help the brothers find the Words of God too?
I thought the same thing about the amulet. It has to be about the amulet.. And if it is Carver is the man already for bringing it back! This season is starting to sound promising. I've noticed there hasn't really been any mention at all about the Leviathans though.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:12 AM   #63
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Why would there be any mentions? Dick is dead and the leftover Leviathans are most likely dead as well from Crowley's army of demons outside of that building.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:32 AM   #64
sethypants
Banned User

Do we get to see any trailers?

Old 07-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #65
Kar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why would there be any mentions? Dick is dead and the leftover Leviathans are most likely dead as well from Crowley's army of demons outside of that building.
I remember Crowley mentioning to Sam that its up to him to handle the now leaderless Leviathans. I'm sure he wants Sam distracted so I doubt he killed then all.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #66
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
I really hate the idea of demons and angels going to Purgatory after death. For one, that's like giving demons another chance to "live" since they were human souls to begin with so it's like the souls just go on to another place after death.
I guess the way I would see it is that as humans, they died. Then they "came back to life" as demons since they act way more alive than a ghost does, and now they're just normally dead again.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #67
Orb
Lord of Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethypants View Post
Do we get to see any trailers?
No because they just started shooting and had no solid edited footage together. But there was a preview of the gag reel.

You guys can check out the panel by following this series of clips here:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Here are videos from the press event:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/07/sup...2012_9046.html

Old 07-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #68
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I would totally lol too if dean old amulet returned and he does a oh crap moment.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #69
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Deadline:
Quote:
Ty Olsson has landed a recurring role on The CW’s Supernatural for the upcoming 8th season. Olsson plays Benny, a darkly handsome survivor with a tell-it-to-you-straight sense of honor. Details of the arc are being kept under wraps. Olsson (ABC’s Men In Trees) is repped by Russ Mortensen at Pacific Artists and ROAR. Supernatural premieres on October 3.
He was Aaron Kelly on BSG and Magneto's prison guard on X2. Apparently he was also on an episode back in season two.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #70
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Sweet casting though I thought it was leaning to jensen dad being benny?

Old 07-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #71
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Deadline:

He was Aaron Kelly on BSG and Magneto's prison guard on X2. Apparently he was also on an episode back in season two.
"Bloodlust".

Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #72
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I think Jensen's dad will just be a guest character.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #73
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Would be cool if his dad is a monster/demon/etc.....

Old 07-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #74
Orb
Lord of Demons

Jeremy Carver sees Season 10 as the end.

http://screenrant.com/supernatural-s...jeremy-carver/

Following Smallville's road I see.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #75
Anno_Domini
Banned User

But, unlike Smallville, Carver seems to have planned out what to do for season eight, nine and ten much like Kripke for 1-5, whereas Smallville, the producers/writers/et cetera just threw stuff on a board to see what could stick apparently.

Closed Thread