The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 03:13 AM   #901
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: SUPERNATURAL Season 8!

Rufus never felt like a "home" base as Bobby's place was, though. It just seemed like an escape for the brothers from Leviathans, then when Bobby died. This place seems like the only place other than Bobby's house that will feel like a permanent home base. And as for the Roadhouse, SPN felt like a "road trip" in its early seasons, but it definitely grew to a place in the series where Sam and Dean now needs a home base.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #902
Project862006
Banned User

just caught recent episode how great was that episode best of season by far and one do the best episodes in awhile

potential is huge with men of letters storyline

Last edited by Project862006; 02-03-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #903
Anno_Domini
Banned User

8x13 "Everyone Hates Hitler"
8x14 "Trial and Error"
8x15 "Man's Best Friend With Benefits"
8x16 "Remember The Titans"
8x17 "Goodbye Stranger"
8x18 "The Apple Dumpling Gang"
8x19 "Taxi Driver"
8x20 "Pac-Man Fever"

Old 02-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #904
Marvolo
Side-Kick

How many episodes is this season?

H.E.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #905
Anno_Domini
Banned User

23 episodes

Old 02-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #906
Orb
Lord of Demons

Episode tonight.

Episode 16 description
Quote:
SUPERNATURAL — (9:00–10:00 p.m. ET)
“Remember the Titans” (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

GODS VS. ZOMBIES — Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) are stumped when they investigate a possible zombie case where an amnesiac man (guest star John Reardon) dies and then revives himself once a day. After the guy is attacked by the goddess Artemis [guest star Anna Von Hooft], Sam and Dean realize he’s not a zombie but instead a God, more specifically, Prometheus. Steve Boyum directed the episode written by Daniel Loflin (#816).

Old 02-07-2013, 01:23 AM   #907
iamlegend
Que es eso?

Decent ep tonight, though I'm curious to see if this Thule group comes back... or was just a one-shot that was just a device to bring Nazis onto the show.

I like that they once again affirmed that Sam is much more like the Winchester side of the family than Dean is, what with his natural inclination to be drawn to all the Men of Letters stuff. It's not the first time they've done it.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:36 AM   #908
Anno_Domini
Banned User

You know, if the series ends with Sam being in the Men of Letters bunker giving out directions and info to Dean and other hunters who are on the road, I wouldn't complain. Sam could even have guys like Garth or Kevin(if they survive the rest of the series) helping him. The "New Bobby" and a prophet could definitely help.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #909
Kar
Side-Kick

This season alone so far has made for a better follow up to the Apocalypse than both 6 and 7. I love the Winchester bunker. It's fitting that of all the bases they've had they settle on the one from their fathers side. I originally thought the Henry Winchester story was just a one shot but I love how they're keeping up with the Men of Letters story. I'm really getting the Raiders feel they were aiming for finally.

I just sigh at the thought of missing out on what a season 6 and 7 by Jeremy Carver would have been like. And cringe at the thought of a 3rd Gamble run (though 6 was ok). I'm still hoping for a Ben Edlund run though.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #910
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I don't know, I felt like season six was a nice follow-up to the Apocalypse because it literally changed everything and things were meant to after the "script" was torn. Crowley trying to get more power to run Hell, Castiel trying to stop his fellow brother(Raphael) from starting the Apocalypse all over, the monsters seemingly taking the front seat while angels and demons were slowly climbing from the back to be in the big picture once again. Only season seven felt off with the Leviathans, a total stray from what SPN is about, but at least Gamble brought in the first Word of God.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #911
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

This makes the whole "I have a girlfriend now" thing just set up for Sam to find a way to be a hunter without hunting (a la Man of Letters). It just sucks cause they didn't need to set that up. I feel season 7 Sam would have taken to the MoL library pretty organically.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #912
Kar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I don't know, I felt like season six was a nice follow-up to the Apocalypse because it literally changed everything and things were meant to after the "script" was torn. Crowley trying to get more power to run Hell, Castiel trying to stop his fellow brother(Raphael) from starting the Apocalypse all over, the monsters seemingly taking the front seat while angels and demons were slowly climbing from the back to be in the big picture once again. Only season seven felt off with the Leviathans, a total stray from what SPN is about, but at least Gamble brought in the first Word of God.
6 had the best post apocalyptic setting my only thing was it just came out sloppy.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #913
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Season 6 was definitely sloppy, but it was at least more interesting than 7

Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #914
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

I think season seven's biggest problem is that they were doing a story that was very much unlike storylines they'd done before, but in the style of storylines they'd done before. It made the nature of the threat feel underdeveloped. Seven could have been a neat genre-shift into sic-fi thriller, but they didn't do enough with it.

And yeah, I know there's nothing especially sic-fi about the Leviathan, but their story was more in the vein of an sic-fi alien invasion story than fantasy/horror.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #915
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

I. Need. A. Golem.

NAO!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #916
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar View Post
6 had the best post apocalyptic setting my only thing was it just came out sloppy.
I have mixed feelings with season six myself. I agree that it went the best route with being a 'post-Apocalypse' season and while I could definitely see certain plots being expanded and not end abruptly like the Alphas or Eve or the Campbells, I can see why they ended the way they did. The Campbells were of no use anymore after Crowley faked his death(and the episode "...And Then There Were None" had such a great parallel to Dean killing Gwen, Sam killing Samuel and Bobby killing Rufus that it totally helps me forgive the way the writers wrote off the Campbell clan), the Alphas were of no use when Eve was going to show up(since now Crowley and Castiel had a new way of trying to locate Purgatory) and Eve felt best like a red herring villain to me and she ended up being one which was a great plot point while still hiding the fact that Castiel was working alongside Crowley all along. The ONLY thing I felt season six should've pursued more on was this war the Alpha Vamp mentioned. A war never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I think season seven's biggest problem is that they were doing a story that was very much unlike storylines they'd done before, but in the style of storylines they'd done before. It made the nature of the threat feel underdeveloped. Seven could have been a neat genre-shift into sic-fi thriller, but they didn't do enough with it.

And yeah, I know there's nothing especially sic-fi about the Leviathan, but their story was more in the vein of an sic-fi alien invasion story than fantasy/horror.
This is probably why season seven felt so flat. It could have been such a VERY strong episode with going with something new such as the Leviathans, but when dealing with a fantasy "body snatcher" plot, it didn't achieve as well as a sci-fi body snatcher plot would be. It tried to mix an alien plot with religion and the show's mythology and Gamble seemed like she didn't know how to run this idea and it fell to the ground quickly. Even the great villain of Dick Roman couldn't raise the plot from the ground either.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #917
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
This is probably why season seven felt so flat. It could have been such a VERY strong episode with going with something new such as the Leviathans, but when dealing with a fantasy "body snatcher" plot, it didn't achieve as well as a sci-fi body snatcher plot would be. It tried to mix an alien plot with religion and the show's mythology and Gamble seemed like she didn't know how to run this idea and it fell to the ground quickly. Even the great villain of Dick Roman couldn't raise the plot from the ground either.
A big part of it was the episode-to-episode formula. Them dealing with cases-of-the-week as normal while extradimensional shapeshifters are in the process of taking of the world really kills the tension.

In all of season five there were four episodes that didn't deal directly with the season arc, and in all four of them the ramifications of that arc were still felt. Heck, in one of them the plot was still an indirect result of the Apocalypse.

There were way too many standalone episodes in season 7, and in most of them you could watch them in isolation and have no idea that the Leviathan even existed.

Heck, I didn't see season 7 from the beginning and that actually happened to me.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by The Question; 02-07-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #918
Destructus86
Side-Kick

LOVED this last episode. A lot. And I REALLY liked the Golem and his master. Awesome characters that I hope we get to see again soon.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #919
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper

Am I the only one who was absolutely, completely, bored at this episode and hated every minute?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #920
Project862006
Banned User

^yup

Old 02-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #921
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

It would seem so

Old 02-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #922
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I would be the third to agree. You were definitely the only who who hated every minute.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #923
Monsieur Xavier
Guild Steersman

I really like the Men of Letters back story, secret society versed in magic/supernatural, that they are level of knowledge/rank, the 1950 settings.
I enjoyed the last episode, Nazi, necromancers to boot, made good villains, especially when they die.
It is a break from the demon/angel/Castiel stuff.

Edit : who was the actor playing the golem, his face seems familiar ?

Last edited by Monsieur Xavier; 02-08-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #924
Anno_Domini
Banned User

He played a ghost in "Ghostfacers" too.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #925
Donut
Side-Kick

I wonder if they will move Kevin to the new safe house ?

Closed Thread