The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Old 05-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #51
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Default Re: The "Nuff Said" Marvel Universe RPG: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

In 616, yeah, Brock is currently Toxin. However, I was kinda hoping to avoid the huge mess of symbiotes running around the Marvel U and just say that at this point in continuity, the only symbiote Venom has spawned is Carnage.

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #52
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

My Spidey continuity cutoff is just after the introduction of Gargan-Venom, so we can leave that out and say that Eddie never lost the symbiote.

Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #53
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
So much for having Venom Flash Thompson as a Secret Avenger.
Just make up a damn symbiote. There's like 5000 of them as is.

Carnage27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #54
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Just make up a damn symbiote. There's like 5000 of them as is.
Brilliant! The symbiote [insert negative word here] as a Secret Avenger. I like it!

Old 05-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #55
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhedr View Post
The "Nuff' Said" Marvel Universe Application

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): The Wrecker (Dirk Garthwaite)

Brief History (provide at least two sentences): Dirk Garthwaite was a manual laborer in a demolitions crew who attempted to use his knowledge of and access to explosives to commit a series of heists and make some easy money. While performing one such heist Garthwaite enters a hotel room being rented out by the Asgardian Loki and by sheer chance is empowered by an enchantment meant for the God of Mischief. Empowered by the enchantment, the Wrecker graduated from mere robberies to full fledged super villainy. Despite the awesome power at his command and the support of his fellows, the Wrecking Crew, the results has thus far been underwhelming.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Wrecking Crew

Explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen and why you've chosen this character: The RPG needs villains. The wrecking crew ought to be heavyweights so I figured I'd pick them up before they appear as jobbers in someone's first post.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: IM - bkhedr@hotmail.com

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character:

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Little Rock, Arkansas

The Four stolen armored cars cruised along main street as fast as their heavy laden frames allowed. A number of police patrol cars form a loose square around the armored cars, sirens blaring. Behind them is an odd column of emergency vehicles made up of several other patrol cars, two swat vans, three ambulances and a firetruck.

It can hardly be called a high speed chase but it is a chase nonetheless. The officers in the squad cars, who have been at this for the better part of their morning, are frustrated and in some cases, angry. One exasperated officer, a young man who wears an expression of somber rage, leans out of the window of his vehicle and continuously fires away with side arm at the driver of the lead armored car. The driver of the car, an older man with a thick mustache and stripes on his shoulders, does nothing to reign the young officer in.

Inside the armored car the Wrecker smiles toothily. He's pretty sure he killed that cop's partner this morning. Serves him right if he did.

Several blocks away security guards at the Metropolitan National Bank help usher customers and staff to safety, behind them are a number of police officers manning a line made up of three squad cars.

The senior officer shouts hurried words of encouragement and the stolen armored cars come loping around the corner a few moments later with numerous police vehicles in pursuit in tow.

The men on the line nervously and tighten their grips on their weapons. Its been all over the radios. They know what's coming.

The armored cars lazily come to a halt, repeating a routine they have performing while robbing seven banks in the span of 4 hours.

Dozens of car doors open in unison and a precinct's worth of officers focus their attention on the armored cars as their doors, which have been pounded with bullets but remain intact, are also opened and four huge men in bold costumes step out onto the pavement.

The officers nearest them waste no time in opening fire.

The wrecking Crew mostly ignore the gunfire. Piledriver, being the exception. He taunts the officers and mocks at being hurt before bursting out in a full on fit of laughter with his hands on his knees and his sides shaking even as the bullets pinged off of him.

Thunderball follows Piledriver with his eyes then fires a look in the Wrecker's direction. The Wreckers acknowledges the look with a look of impatience. Thunderball thought Piledriver was having too much fun. For weeks he had been talking about how it was time to get serious. Frankly, The Wrecker didn't care. All he cared about was that the day was turning out to be a great one.

"Lookit these idiots."
The Wrecker says over his shoulder to Bulldozer "This is all they've got to through at us."

"Heheh. Yeah. You were right Wrecker. We shoulda come here ages ago."
Bulldozer replies before he lowers his head and sets off running at the barricade of police cars.

His feet leave deep imprints in the pavement with every step and The Wrecker laughs heartily as he watches him plough through the parked cars as if hey were nothing more than empty cardboard boxes. There were no capes in Arkansas. At least none that he knew of, and the national guard was at war somewhere. Hell even if the National Guard was here its not like they could do anything to stop them.

"Who's turn is it?"
Thunderball asks as he casually tosses his wrecking ball through several in the haphazard array of parked vehicles behind the foursome. He tugs at the chain and the massive ball comes roaring back, upturning vehicles and churning up asphalt.

"My turn!"
Piledriver declares excitedly. He's straightened up now and he cracks his knuckles them interlocks his fingers and turns his palms outwards till he hears them pop.

"Then get on with it. We've still got a few more banks to hit before we're through." The Wreckers directs as he takes several menacing steps towards a trio of officers with shotguns. The men bravely hold their ground long enough to let off of a few shouts before turning and racing for the relative safety of their vehicles.

Piledriver has already made his way to the door of the bank and he rips it off its hinges and leisurely makes his way inside. He would be back in a few minutes with as much money as he could carry and he would load it into his armored car. He would repeat the process until the bank's vault was empty while the rest of the Wrecking Crew guarded the four armored cars and the millions in hard currency they had already stolen.

The Wrecker grins and turns to Thunderball.

"Well?"

"I have to hand it to you Wrecker."
Thunderball concedes. "So far so good."

This Wrecker's chest seems to visibly puff out when he hears this. He stands a bit taller, his head held a bit higher. Thunderball hadn't just been complaining about Piledriver. He'd been moaning about how they hadn't made any real money in a long time. Sure he was right, but it wasn't Dirk's fault there were so many damn heroes always sticking their noses into their business.

That's what had given him the idea to come to Arkansas. He had asked around and as far as anybody knew, Arkansas had no superheroes. Word is there used to be one, but he turned out to be a skrull. A Skrull! It blew the Wreckers mind that they had that kinda craziness here but had not a cape who could give them trouble.

Regardless, Thunderball's words of praise had filled a sense of narcissistic self satisfaction. It is a feeling he relishes, but one that is doomed to be short lived.

"So what happens after we hit all the banks?"
Thunderball asks

"Whadya mean?"
The Wrecker replies tentatively. His self satisfaction having suddenly been replaced with something that approaches doubt without quite getting there.

Thunderball's face is serious "I mean how are we going to get all of this money out of town without bringing all these cops, probably some helicopters and god knows how many news vans with us? When you said you had a great idea I assumed it was a whole great idea and not just half of one."

"I...uh..."
The Wrecker stammers as he realizes that he doesn't actually have a plan for what happens next. Leaving a sour Thunderball to shake his head while an oblivious Bulldozer charges into a row of police cars and a gleeful Piledriver flings two large sacks of cash into the back of an armored car.
Quote:
Funny that you mention the Wrecking Crew as jobbers...

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Luke Cage

Brief History (provide at least two sentences): Framed for a crime he didn't commit, Carlton Lucas was sentenced to 30 years in prison. In an effort to knock time of his sentence, Lucas volunteered for an experimental biological procedure, designed to improve human immunity. The experimental shot instead hardened Lucas' skin to the point it was nigh impervious, and gave him super strength as well as super durability and healing. After an attempt on his life, Lucas used his super abilities to escape from prison. He returned home to Harlem, changing his name to Luke Cage. Once home, he decided to use his abilities to become Power Man, a hero for hire.

Now, Luke continues to patrol and protect Harlem, in addition to helping out with the Avengers, running H4H with Iron Fist, and trying to be a good husband and father.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Heroes for Hire, The Avengers (Reserve), New Avengers (Formerly) Thunderbolts (Formerly)

Explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen and why you've chosen this character: I love Luke Cage, I loved playing him in the last RPG, and I want to play him in this RPG. Plans wise, just tell some superhero crime tales with H4H and maybe do some Avengers stuff if and when we get a team going.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: Yep, mattj600@hotmail.com

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Brooklyn
4:35 AM

"You sure this tip is legit?" Luke asked.

"What?" Danny asked, blinking out of his trance.

The two men were on the second floor of an office building, looking through the window at a rundown nightclub across the street. They'd been on the stakeout for almost ten hours now.

"This tip from your informant, man. Are you sure it's on the up and up?"

"Yeah. There's supposed to be a meeting between Black Spectre and some kind of high ends weapons dealer. Wilbur heard it on the street."

"Wilbur?" Cage asked with an arched eyebrow. "Wilbur as in Wilbur Day, Stilt-Man?"

"Yeah. Big shock, being the lamest supervillain ever isn't paying the bills. He's taken to snitching. He's a pretty good informant, keeps his ear to the ground and has a lot of criminal connections."

"But he's Stilt-Man!"

"The Molinari job from two weeks ago? I got the tip from Wilbur and that's what led us to the kidnappers."

"Stilt! Man!"

"This tip turns out to be bogus and I'll stop using him, okay? Is that good enough for you."

"Nah, it's not me I'm worried about. I'm worried about your self-respect, or lack of self-respect. Any man who has to turn to Stilt-Man don't care about how he does business."

"Says the guy who used to rock a tiara..."

"Again with the tiara? How many times do I need to tell you--"

"Stop," Danny said, pointing out the window. "Something's going on."

Down below, a pair of dark sedans pulled up to the old nightclub. A half dozen men dressed in Black Spectre gear climbed out and went inside the club.

"There's Black Spectre."

"Finally... Wonder when their contact will show up."

"We've been here," a voice said from behind. Before Luke and Danny could turn, a giant crowbar struck Luke in the back and through the window. He tumbled towards the ground and landed hard on the street, causing a small crater to form in the asphalt. A few seconds later Danny somersaulted from the building and landed on the street.

"Ambush," Danny said, helping Luke on to his feet.

"Astute observation, Sherlock Homie."

Their attacker jumped from the broken window and landed on the ground in front of them. He smiled and brandished his crowbar.

"Our boss had a feeling someone would show up. Either you, Spider-Man, or Daredevil. While you two were staking things out, we were staking you out."

The attacker let out a shrill whistle that echoed through the streets. His three cohorts appeared from hidden locations on the street and regrouped behind him.

"What's the play?" Danny asked. He squatted and begin to focus his chi.

"Same as always when it comes to these mooks."

"Wreck 'em."

Old 05-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #56
Rain Dog
Failure

Quote:
Brilliant! The symbiote [insert negative word here] as a Secret Avenger. I like it!
DISAGREEABLE, the Lethal Protector

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #57
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

So after talking to MB, we decided to give Doctor Doom to...Rain Dog! It wasn't an easy decision, and both of you guys put in great apps.

And to go along with that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saved View Post
Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character):
Reed Richards Trebuchet RoyalBlue
Brief History (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism, it will not be allowed:
All the “classic” Fantastic Four events have occurred. The team’s gotten their powers, opposed Doom, Galactus, Annihilus, and the Skrulls, and they’ve met the Inhumans, Black Panther and Wakanda, and Namor.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Fantastic Four

Explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen and why you've chosen this character:

I don’t want to give too much away, but it’s pretty simple (in my complex psychological way). The Fantastic Four is a team I’ve seen with a lot of potential that has never been realized (except for rare circumstances like the current series with Jon Hickman). The team’s villains are incredibly powerful, larger than life, dangerous foes who require every bit of the resources the FF have to take them down.
Reed Richards, most specifically, is a character who’s been downplayed. I feel as if he’s played as a character type for “that super intelligent guy” who’s either used for a comedy role with big words or Deux ex Machina to get the team or world out of a tight situation. I plan to write a Reed Richards that fully captures the depth and limits of Reed’s potential – not just with powers or his intelligence, but with what all the adventures he’s seen over the years have done to him in ten years.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?:
Yes, pm me.

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you):

Baxter Building, Lab 2212

Reed Richards, cloaked in his lab coat, sits slouched in his chair. A wall of computer screens and modules stand before him, each flashing with calculations and data he's personally programmed over the last twenty four hours. As his weary eyes stare at he screens, his face begins to droop a bit - the skin beginning to hang from his face like putty.

"Doctor Richards," a modulated voice suddenly speaks. Reed's eyes widen and his body becomes taut once more.
"Yes, Herby, did you finish the analysis?"
"Indeed, sir. The data has yielded a multitude of results with their own probabilities, but one event is justified by all the findings with the highest score of 40.4356%. Upon further analysis into the event's specific probability of occurance, the data yielded a score of 89.896%."

Reed lets out a long sigh. "I came to the same conclusion last night." He turns his head and looks at the chalkboard he's etched his math into. All the numbers and equations lead to one result: 89.8964473%. "I was hoping I'd made an error or overlooked something in my work, but ... apparently not."

"Unfortunately, Doctor, the data does not lie."
"No it doesn't," he says with a solemn tone. "Herby, lock up this data and triple encrypt it. Make sure Susan or Franklin don't find it. I'll tell them when I'm ready." Reed stretches his arm across the room toward his chalkboard and begins erasing the writing. As he retracts his arm, he turns back toward the computer screens. "How long does Earth have?"

"12 days. Plus or minus a factor of 24 hours."
"Twelve days until the Kree arrive," he says, going silent for a moment as he ponders within his own mind. He thinks back to the skrull team they uncovered the month before. He recalls their arrogant attitude; a tone only used by the incredibly haughty, or by those who know far more than they tell.

"Why are you here? Why are you on our planet?"
"It's not your planet. Not anymore."

"Not anymore," Reed finally speaks. The Skrull and the Kree have long been at war. All Skrull activity in the past has been a harbinger for cosmic disaster. Reed's calculations show this time to be no different.

Suddenly, an alarm goes off, breaking Reed's train of thought as his screens flash. "Doctor, Johnny Storm on the personal line."
"Put him through."
A video box appears on the screen to reveal Johnny's face. "Reed, we've got an alert in Midtown. You think you'll be able to pull yourself away from your numbers and test tubes for an hour?"
"Yes, Johnny, I'll be right out."
"Meet us by the F-car." Reed nods, and Herby terminates the message.

"I'll have everything encrypted by the time you return, Doctor." Reed rises from his seat and turns toward the door.
"Thank you, Herby. And one more thing," he says as he removes his lab coat and rests if gently on the back of his chair. "Send out a beacon to the Surfer. I'll need to speak with him when I get back."

Old 05-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #58
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?

MWahahaHAHAhahahahahaHAHAhahahahahahahaHAhahahahah ahahHAahahahahahahahahahahahahahHAHAahahahahHAHAHA ahahHAHAahahahahahahahahahaHAhahahahahahHAahahahah ahahahaHAHAHAhahahahaHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahah ahAHAHAahahahahahHAHAHAahahahaHAHAhahahahahaHAHAHA hahahahahahahHAahahahahahahaHAHAHAhahahahahaha

... I mean ... yay.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #59
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Thor Odinson

Brief History (provide at least two sentences): Thor, the son of Odin, and future king of Asgard was a vain and arrogant boy as well as a prolific warrior. In order to teach him humility, Thor was sent to Midgard, or Earth, in the form of the crippled Doctor Donald Blake. The plan worked, and Thor quickly took it upon himself to be the protector of the humans and Earth.

Thor established himself as a hero, and has saved Midgard, Asgard, and the cosmos as a whole many a time. He is a founding member of The Avengers, and counts Earth's champions as his equals and friends, as they have proved themselves in his eyes.

Thor is about to partake on one of his greatest journeys that will take him to the far edges of the Marvel Universe.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Avengers

Explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen and why you've chosen this character: I plan on having Thor travel the 9 Realms as well as some of the other cosmic places of the Marvel Universe on a good old quest.

Thor is a new direction for me. I tried the same thing with Captain America in OE, and he's become my absolute favorite character to write. I'm hoping I have the same success with the Odinson.

MSN: huckel@vt.edu

The Odinson marches through the grand hallway leading from his chambers to the palace proper. The evidence was stacking up, and he could no longer wait idly by while the other Asgardians tried to convince themselves that nothing out of the ordinary was going on. This would never happen on Midgard. If there was something "fishy", as the humans said, going on, the champions of Earth would rally the call. They were much less complacent than those on Asgard.

Eventually, the Thunderer reaches his destination, the dungeons of Asgard. He heads to the deepest recesses of the jail, but is stopped from entering the most well guarded cell by a guard, "Odin has forbid him any visitors."

"Do you know who I am?" Thor responds, meeting his eyes.

"Of course," the guard swallows hard.

"Then move aside."

Without another word, the guard does as he's commanded, and Thor opens the heavy door, and the person on the other side smiles as the Thunder God enters.

"Hello, brother."

Approved, good sir.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:56 AM   #60
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Daniel Rand / The Immortal Iron Fist

Brief History (provide at least two sentences): Danny Rand is the son of Wendell Rand, a millionaire industrialist who formed the Rand-Meachum Corporation. When Danny was only nine years old, Wendell took him on an expedition into the Himalayas to find the mystical city of K'un-Lun. Wendell slipped over the edge of the mountain, and his business partner, Harold Meachum, let him fall. Not long after, Danny's mother, Heather Rand, sacrificed her life to save Danny from a pack of wolves. The newly-orphaned Danny found K'un-Lun and studied martial arts under Lei Kung the Thunderer, vowing to avenge his parents. When he was old enough, Danny challenged the mystical dragon Shou-Lao the Undying and became the Iron Fist.

When the dimensional nexus opened again, as it did every decade, Danny returned to Earth. He sought vengeance on Meachum but spared the man when he discovered that Meachum had become an invalid. When Meachum was later killed by a ninja, Iron Fist had to clear his name with the help of Colleen Wing and Misty Knight, two private detectives he befriended - the latter of which became Danny's on-again, off-again girlfriend. When Misty was attacked by a brainwashed Luke Cage, Danny stopped the attack and freed Cage's mind. The two became close friends and founded Heroes for Hire, a firm that hires out the two superheroes for private work.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Heroes for Hire; Avengers (reserve); New Avengers (formerly)

Explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen and why you've chosen this character: With Byrd picking up Luke Cage, I hope to have some fun Heroes for Hire adventures with Luke and Danny. With the exception of the occasional Daredevil or Punisher, street-level crime in the Marvel universe is often underrepresented in the RPGs. Hopefully, Byrd and I can change that. I also want to explore the connection Danny has with the other Immortal Weapons.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: MSN - Mantis_05@hotmail.com

The Book of the Iron Fist. It was a gift from a friend. His name was Orson Randall. He was an Iron Fist, too. I didn't even know there were other Iron Fists. I guess I just didn't think to ask. I almost feel a little silly in retrospect. Danny Rand, unknowing inheritor to the legacy of the Iron Fist. I was just a kid, in truth. I didn't know any better. I thought being Iron Fist was all about channeling your chi, meditating, practicing the martial arts. It's certainly all of that, but there's so much more.

Sixty-six Iron Fists spanning most of recorded history. From Quan Yaozu, the very first, to my friend Orson. He thought stealing this book, written on the scales of Shou-Lao the Undying, would end the cycle of the Iron Fists. Yet here I stand, so I guess he thought wrong. He also thought giving me this book would help me win the Tournament of the Heavenly Cities, but that didn't work out too well, either. But it's not all so bad. I did unite the Immortal Weapons of the Seven Heavenly Cities, who helped me discover the Eighth Capital City of Heaven. I'm sure those deeds of mine will be well recorded in this book for whoever inherits the Iron Fist legacy after me.

I wonder whether the book will talk about my time with Heroes for Hire. Luke and Colleen and Misty may not be Immortal Weapons, but they're worth ten Iron Fists as far as I'm concerned. Just don't tell them I said that because it'll go straight to their heads. Anyway, I've decided that I've had my fill of K'un-Lun and Heavenly Cities and Immortal Weapons. Earth needs champions, too. So while I study the Book of the Iron Fist in my free time, I've began channeling my energies wholeheartedly into the newest incarnation of the Heroes for Hire. And no, it's not just because I lost my company and a good chunk of my fortune. Far as I'm concerned, that's one of the best things that ever happened to me.

"I hope I'm making you proud, old man," I announce. Somewhere, I know Orson Randall is smirking. Watch who you call an 'old man,' kid, I can imagine him saying. "Thanks for the book."

Old 05-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #61
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

So I decided not to go with that app I was thinking about, MB.

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Wolverine

Brief History (provide at least two sentences): Born in the 1880s, the mutant now known as Wolverine has seen more in his life than most. His powerful healing factor has slowed his aging greatly, and has allowed him to live an incredibly long life. He's served in both World Wars, and was then later captured by the Weapon X program. The program wiped his memory and bonded the unbreakable metal adamantiuam to his bone structure, making Logan virtually indestructible.

For years Logan wandered before joining with the X-Men. With them, he found a home, and a purpose. He's become a true hero and protector of mutant kind in the decade since he's joined the team, even after him and his team split from Scott Summers and the others on Utopia.

Wolverine now runs his own school, the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, as well as fighting on the X-Force and The Avengers.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): X-Men (Team Wolverine); X-Force; The Avengers

Explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen and why you've chosen this character: I plan on dealing with the aftermath of the X-Men Schism, as well as Logan being the headmaster of a school, some black ops X-Force stories, as well as jumping in when the Avengers need him. Logan's character juggles so much, and he offers a ton of story potential.

I've never been a huge Wolverine fan. I always found him to be a simple character without much true motivation. But the past few years that's been changing, and seeing as the X-Men are the only worthwhile characters in current Marvel continuity, I figured I'd give one a try. Plus, he's part of the Avengers, so I don't have to worry about being caught in the X-Men curse.

MSN: huckel@vt.edu

There are times when I wonder why I did it. Why I left Summers and Utopia behind and took the burden of caring for these kids squarely on my shoulders. Why I started a school knowing we'd be the targets of madmen and murders. Why I took even more of a load knowing I'd have to go fight another damned battle with the Avengers or X-Force.

But then I look at these kids and it all makes sense. The thought almost makes me chuckle. Me, the Wolverine, gettin' all teary eyed over a bunch of brats. But they're my brats. And I'll be damned if Summers was going to turn them into soldiers. I don't care how desperate Mutant kind is right now. I was forced to be a soldier. I won't let that happen to them.

Kitty Pryde comes up from behind me and taps me on the shoulder, "Logan, you've got a call."

"Who is it?" I ask, not taking my eyes off the grounds of my school.

"Uh...Deadpool."

Sighing, "Just what I need."

Old 05-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #62
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Daredevil (Matt Murdock)

Brief History (provide at least two sentences): Struck by a loose canister of radioactive isotope as a teenager, the son of washed-up boxer Battlin' Jack Murdock had to cope with the lifechanging disability of being blind. But despite the loss of one of the six senses, Matt's other five were heightened to superhuman potency, brilliantly illuminating the world around him. Trained to overcome his handicap by a kindred spirit named Stick, Murdock mastered his abilities and became known - in a mockery of the unfortunate incident - as the "Daredevil". It wasn't until Matt grew up to be a student of law and order that the name would truly find it's purpose, as he was determined to make something of himself as an attorney. It was during this period in his life that his father, pushed to do dirty work for a criminal called The Fixer, picked the wrong battle by refusing to throw a fight under the crimeboss' order. As a result, he was murdered. Distraught by the aquittal of The Fixer himself, despite evidence indicating him in the crime, Matt realized that law and justice were two completely different things - as such, he'd have to take the law into his own hands. Fashioning a costume inspired by the nickname that had taunted him for years, Murdock became the vigilante known as Daredevil, The Man Without Fear!

Though his father's killer was quickly defeated, Daredevil's troubles would prove to be only beginning. Gradually becoming a force to be reckoned with, Murdock established himself as a practioneer in Hell's Kitchen, a crime-ridden section of New York that hid many dangerous killers and psychopaths looking to accept the challenge that he represented. Though it initially began with relatively harmless spooks such as The Purple Man and The Madador, things quickly escalated with the arrival of Wilson Fisk, better known as The Kingpin. With Fisk came a group of psychotics ranging from Mr. Fear to Typhoid Mary, and even one of Matt's old girlfriends, the assassin Elektra. But it was the rabid dog called Bullseye that made Matt's life the living hell that it eventually became, killing both Elektra and another love of Matt's life, Karen Page. Driven temporarily insane, Matt faced several other hardships that threatened to completely unhinge his already shattered mind - including the outing of his true identity to the tabloids.

But like his father, he wouldn't stay down. Determined to rise above it all and prove himself truly fearless, Matt's ultimate trials have recently left him as a man looking to reclaim his own soul. And as he returns to Hell's Kitchen to re-establish himself both as Matt Murdock and his masked alter-ego, Daredevil issues a challenge back to those who have tried to bring him down, kicking and screaming through the depths of insanity: Bring it on.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): None.

Explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen and why you've chosen this character: In the last decade or so of the comics, Daredevil's been pretty much ran through the gauntlet. His identity was outed to the public, put in prison, he was briefly the Kingpin himself, he led the Hand, blatantly murdered his worst enemy, and a laundry list of other incidents that made him an increasingly dark character. Then Mark Waid came along and offered the alternative to this Daredevil - the fun-loving adventurer, swashbuckling and daring and not weighed down by darkness. While I love both interpretations of the character, and have thoroughly enjoyed the runs by each writer to take him on in the last few years, I think that the character works best at a crossroads of both. He can be dark, but he can also be fun. He can crack a smile and make a joke, but his enemies can also be twisted and sadistic. I wanna explore those sides of the character silmultaneously aand return to one of my favorites. Because to be honest, it's just been too long since I wore the horns.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: allstarbatman@hotmail.com - MSN

Is it odd that, at a time like this, the only thing I can think of is the fact that the bakery down the block smells absolutely delicious? That even though I'm virtually seconds away from probable death, all I can taste is the fresh icing on the cusp of a cinnamon roll fresh out of the oven? Well, of course it is. I just heard the wind shift and felt the sudden vibrational flux of motion break off of the cap of a bullet shot from nine millimeter pistol bullet, hurtling towards me at an ungodly speed. But as it inches ever closer, I've managed to track every inch of the four corners leading off of this construction site. I've already weighed in where the bullet will impact, how fast it'll reach the point of entry, and even when I'll be able to smell the discharge of the barrel's powder.

Frankly, cinnamon rolls are alot less predictable right now.

I dive forth from the perch of the top floor's beam and somersault, narrowly avoiding the passing bullet by a space of millimeters. The thug who shot at me drops his jaw, I can tell by the sudden influx of tabacco aroma generating from his open mouth. The shift and tightening of fabric on his arm indicates that his buddies are less thrilled with my little stunt than he is. They just want to get the hell out of here. The collective beating of their hearts indicates evident stress, even if I've barely made a move. Foggy owes me twenty bucks. One night in, and I've already put the fear of God back into the Kitchen. And all I had to do was take on a group of witless thieves.

"****, man! Can't you shoot?! He's blind, for christsakes!"

I try and hide the smirk that builds as I roll on approach, the cord of the billy club retracting back to my hand right when I assume a defensive stance. The cold of blunt metal lingering on three of them. There's five. Leaving two unarmed and three scared out of their mind. Evidently, they didn't count on "the blind guy" to botch their second-rate attempt to make off with the thirty-seven thousand in cash that likely came from a vault downstairs.

"**** it, I'll cap his ass! Ain't gonna go down to no leather wearin' freakjob..."

Smirk's wider. I'll try and go easy on them. I need the laugh.

He fires, but I've already slammed my palm into his wrist before he could blind. A sickening crack precedes a pained scream, as bullets fire aimlessly into the night's sky. He takes a desperate swing, but I dodge, kicking at the back of his leg and thrusting a hardlined knee into his face. He hits the beam with his back, rendering him in too much pain to put up a fight. He's lucky that my boot's pinned him in place, because otherwise, his body'd be flailing down the next five stories.

"I'll be honest. At this point, you'd really be better off dropping them."

I indicate the weapons they've armed themselves with, which is a warning that they predictably ignore, pushing past their fears and aiming them both at once, directly at point blank range.

Cinammon rolls. Wonder if they'll still be as fresh when I'm done.
Approved

Old 05-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #63
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Still no takers for the Armored Avenger?

Old 05-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #64
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Yeah its a shocker. If no one picks him up I might drop the Wrecker in favor of Stark

"Kneel before Zod!"
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #65
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

I played with the thought, but I felt it may be too much to play Cap and IM. And, you know, I can't pass up a chance to harass Doctor Doom over a sum of $200.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #66
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

My only real problem is that I'd be playing two Iron Mans (Men?)

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 05-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #67
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm waiting until tomorrow. No one applies by then, then I'll gladly put up an app.

IC thread's going up tomorrow, by the way. Get ready!

Old 05-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #68
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Before it does, does anyone care if my version on Moon Knight doesn't have multiple personalities? I've never enjoyed that aspect of the character. Dude was betrayed, killed and resurrected by an ancient Egyptian Moon God to seek vengeance on those who commit injustices. Him being crazy is just overkill and quite frankly I think its a direct result of writers trying too hard to say "Look! See! He's not like Batman!"

My thing is: So what if he's like Batman? Batman rocks!

Lets just say I'm more in love with the concept of the character then what most writers have done with him and I want to take that concept and do it the way I want. Of course you guys (particularly the GMs) can stop me. Hence the asking if everyone's cool.

(I shoulda just introduced him in the OE RPG and played him there dammit)

"Kneel before Zod!"

Last edited by bkhedr; 05-22-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #69
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

I'd be a bit apprehensive of an all-and-out retcon, but you could just easily say that Spector's psychosis has been repaired for a long time now. Hell, it might even be a bit refreshing to see a Moon Knight that's moved past all that and gone back to basics.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #70
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
but you could just easily say that Spector's psychosis has been repaired for a long time now.
That's what I was thinking. Marc is over his disorder, and is trying to do right and redeem himself for his past mistakes. He's moved back to New York and has no powers other than training, wealth, special equipment and a mandate from an angry God.

"Kneel before Zod!"

Last edited by bkhedr; 05-22-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #71
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Yeah, I wouldn't retcon, but you can easily set up a storyline that repairs his fractured personality.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #72
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

I thought about that but I think it might be beyond my abilities. Dude is just such a mess.

Maybe my first post can be Marc coming back to New York, mind intact, and I can gloss over how he left the country for awhile for psychiatric treatment?

You guys hate me now huh? I can just imagine what's going on in your heads

"Gaah! If you didn't want to play MK the way he is why did you apply for him!!"

Well I did it cause he's cool dammit!

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 05-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #73
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Sure, go ahead.

Honestly, as long as it still happened at some point in the past, I'm fine with anything you want to do. You don't even have to mention it if you don't want. Just don't contradict it.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #74
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Thank you kind Sir.

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 05-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #75
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Yea, that sounds good to me.

In case anyone was wondering, my X-Men continuity is basically where its at in the comics now. Utopia with Cyclops's team, and Jean Grey School with Wolverine's team.