The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 05-02-2013, 04:01 AM   #126
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Default Re: Jane Got a Gun (Natalie Portman)

Cooper bailed. Scheduling conflicts might be the official reason, but the villain role is scheduled to shoot at the tail end of filming. Some folks are making educated guesses that Natalie Portman is a straight up nightmare to work with.

dude love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:42 AM   #127
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I've never heard rumors that Portman was hard to work with before.

I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #128
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

She's a woman.

But seriously I like how the rumors immediately fly that it's her fault as opposed to it being anyone else.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #129
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Considering Fassbender left and has just signed onto another film with her I doubt she's the issue. With people continuously leaving I think the most likely issue is with the script.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #130
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I've never heard rumors that Portman was hard to work with before.
oscar

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #131
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Haha, as soon as they win them Oscars.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #132
Project862006
Banned User

make it the icing on the cake and let matthew vaughn direct then.......

drop out

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #133
childeroland
Side-Kick

Funny how all this chaos continues after Ramsay bailed and everyone was bemoaning her lack of professionalism. Her issue doesn't seem to have been the script (unless they changed it) and I wonder if all these people are attaching themselves to the project in the first place without reading it. Considering how the producers may have acted, one wonders if they may be at least part of the issue.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

childeroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #134
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Considering Fassbender left and has just signed onto another film with her I doubt she's the issue. With people continuously leaving I think the most likely issue is with the script.
Yep. I see Portman being the ultra professional type. I don't buy that she suddenly turned into Edward Norton even with her winning an Oscar.

As for the original director I don't feel bad if her rep is hurt by this, she should have been smart enough to fight back in the press sooner. I was always cautious to use "if" when talking about her departure because I knew we only had one side of the story. I think it's clear now that the producers had a huge hand in her leaving the project.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #135
Octoberist
point blank

Its one of the projects where it's too late to walk away from battle. At this point they have to finish it or they'll have to selve it and get deal with the legal ramifications.

And yeah, I see Portman as a pro and absolutely not her that is forcing people out. In fact I think she's the biggest victim here since she is the one got the project rolling as a producer. Hell when they first lost the director, that other producer guy had to hide the news from her!

Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #136
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I blame the director...it sounds like he may be hard to work with? Especially if they keep losing people

Old 05-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #137
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #138
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude love View Post
Cooper bailed. Scheduling conflicts might be the official reason, but the villain role is scheduled to shoot at the tail end of filming. Some folks are making educated guesses that Natalie Portman is a straight up nightmare to work with.
Based on what? She is a woman?

Portman's reputation is that she is extremely professional and serious to work with. Never heard any diva stories. Wouldn't make a whole lot of sense either considering she has been in the business since she was 12 and managed to get a Harvard degree and Oscar in that time. Also, doesn't work considering that she and Law have already done TWO movies together and Fassbender and she have filmed one and are set to film another.

Sounds like they had a good screenplay, but they picked the wrong director from the get-go and her exit has thrown the entire film into disarray. This is going to be one of those legendary Hollywood cluster****s that people talk about for years to come. It seems almost certain now that the movie is not going to get made.

--John Adams

Last edited by DACrowe; 05-02-2013 at 03:05 PM.
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #139
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
I blame the director...it sounds like he may be hard to work with? Especially if they keep losing people
It's not the new director, it's the entire project. Everything fell apart once the first director bailed. Me thinks it's that mega producer who is the source of the problem despite his support and $$$.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #140
Nemi
Murder Tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
oscar

Your avatar looks like it's agreeing with your post.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #141
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Based on what? She is a woman?
WHAT!?!?!?! Yeah, she's a woman, that must be the same reason Val Kilmer and Mickey Rourke are difficult to work with.

I only relayed what someone I trust told me, no need to accuse me of sexism.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:30 AM   #142
Octoberist
point blank

I think every actor is difficult to a certain degree; it's how you gauge it.

But I don't think it's her at all. The bigger problem is the production and at this point, money. Losing actors like this isn't helping the budget or the principle photography for such a small movie like this.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:29 AM   #143
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dean View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
well joel better not read the comments seen onthe hype then

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #144
Dr. Manhatten
Side-Kick

I don't think it's the script since it made it to the Black List in 2011 of Best Unproduced Scripts and I've never heard a bad story about the director either. Portman I've never heard a bad thing about and considering she's a producer, she has a lot riding on the movie so I don't think it's a case of her being a diva.

Prognosis: Just bad luck. The main reason I heard was that Cooper's movie American Hustle did get delayed for long enough to rub up against this movie and it was already gonna be a tight scheduling issue with him anyways. If Jude Law hadn't bailed, I don't think there'd be much of an issue

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...a-feature-film
Dr. Manhatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #145
kvz5
HBIC

American Hustle was only delayed by a day so that rumor that Cooper backed out because of that is just a BS PR spin.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #146
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Sounds like they had a good screenplay, but they picked the wrong director from the get-go and her exit has thrown the entire film into disarray. This is going to be one of those legendary Hollywood cluster****s that people talk about for years to come. It seems almost certain now that the movie is not going to get made.
They're shooting the pic now. They'll find someone who'll actually commit and film the villain role before June.

It was through sheer force of will that the producers on State of Play got the film made after Brad Pitt (and later Edward Norton) dropped out of starring a week prior to shooting. Not quite the same thing as Lynne Ramsey dropping out the day of filming, but there's some broad similarities.

And why are people blaming Natalie Portman? I'm sure she's not happy with the musical chairs casting for the villain, but she's soldiering on for the sake of her crew and cast members. She'll probably be relieved once the pic finishes principal photography and she can focus on less problem-plagued projects.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #147
kvz5
HBIC

I don't even know if I want this to work out for my sweet, precious Ewan.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/ewan...ane-got-a-gun/

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: The resilient indie Western Jane Got A Gun has finally got its bad guy. Ewan McGregor is negotiating to play the pivotal role of the leader of an outlaw gang in the film that Gavin O’Connor is now directing. Natalie Portman plays the wife of an outlaw (Noah Emmerich) who leaves that gang after he gets shot up, and returns home. Knowing his former outlaw mates will come to finish him off and destroy her farm, Jane is forced to rekindle a relationship with a past love (Joel Edgerton), a capable gunman who can help her. This is the role that Jude Law originally was going to play, but he exited when original director Lynne Ramsay abruptly left the night before production began. After O’Connor came on to replace Ramsay behind the camera, they got Bradley Cooper to play the part, but his schedule is so impossibly busy–particularly after shooting got postponed on the David O Russell-directed American Hustle because of the Boston Marathon bombing and subsequent city lockdown–that Cooper had to drop out. This was okay because the villain wasn’t scheduled to shoot until later into the production.

McGregor is a strong replacement. After starring in last year’s The Impossible, he stars with Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep in August: Osage County and just wrapped production in Australia on Son Of A Gun. He’s repped by UTA, UK-based United Agents and Sloane, Offer, Weber, Dern. This is the latest of many hurdles overcome on Jane Got A Gun by its producer corps of Scott Steindorff, Portman, Aleen Keshishian. Sometimes, what is important that you’re standing at the end of the race.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #148
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

EDIT: Ninja'd by mvz.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #149
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

NICE! Always keen for some Ewan in my films.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #150
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider

Yeah, for how long?

Symbiotic is offline   Reply With Quote