The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

View Poll Results: Rating for The Avengers?
10 134 59.29%
9 57 25.22%
8 28 12.39%
7 5 2.21%
6 0 0%
5 1 0.44%
4 0 0%
3 1 0.44%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2014, 12:24 AM   #226
GremlinZilla89
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!) -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
As much as I loved Days of Future Past, I still think The Avengers is the better film. Oops.

Sure, the story in The Avengers isn't complex, but that's because it needed to keep things more simple for the team's first outing. The first Avengers film did exactly what it should have done: focus on the team up, and show how these strong and flawed personalities come together to fight the bigger evil. The sequels can now get into the juicy stuff in terms of the plot.

It has been two years, and The Avengers is still among my most-favorite comic book movies. You can just tell how much fun and glee was put into making it. If there was ever a movie to make me feel like a kid again, it's this one. I see this movie as a celebration of comic books and superheroes, and that makes me happy!
Exactly. People bring up it's simple story like it's a bad thing or "less than". Some of the most beloved films of all time are the most simple in story. And really, The Avengers is a lot better written than people give it credit for. It had to essentially act as a stand alone film while also being a sequel to five films. It had to reference past stand-alone films without bogging the audience down with call-backs. It plays it's cards exceedingly well.

The Avengers is probably the most fun I've had at the theater in, aw hell, a decade? It reminds me of those effortlessly entertaining action/adventure films of yester-years: Star Wars, Indy, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park...

GremlinZilla89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:05 AM   #227
iambranded
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!) -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GremlinZilla89 View Post
Exactly. People bring up it's simple story like it's a bad thing or "less than". Some of the most beloved films of all time are the most simple in story. And really, The Avengers is a lot better written than people give it credit for. It had to essentially act as a stand alone film while also being a sequel to five films. It had to reference past stand-alone films without bogging the audience down with call-backs. It plays it's cards exceedingly well.

The Avengers is probably the most fun I've had at the theater in, aw hell, a decade? It reminds me of those effortlessly entertaining action/adventure films of yester-years: Star Wars, Indy, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park...

Couldnt agree more.....
I still get chills when the Avengers are assembled in this film.....
Loki's beat down by the Hulk....
Thor getting sucker punched by the Hulk
When Iron Man tells Captain America to call it meaning call the shots....
Thanos at the end....
The crowd reactions and cheers when I saw it opening night....
Hawkeye / Iron Man convo on patterns and strays of the citachari << Typo
I mean so many levels of excitement still to this day.....
Best Comic book Film of all time
My opinion....but im sure theres millions of people who feel the same way...
And i'm sure Age of Ultron will give us more memories

iambranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #228
The Endless
WE are Groot

Yea watching Avengers in the cinema was like being on a rollercoaster. Everyone in the audience was loving it. And it was the third weekend so it wasn't full of fanboys and fangirls or anything. Just average joes and janes.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:05 PM   #229
iambranded
Side-Kick

Re watching this for like the 500th time right now.....
Still get chills..... amazing how all of this came together
Still the best Comic Movie of all time....in my opinion

iambranded is offline   Reply With Quote