The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 05-31-2012, 06:54 AM   #26
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Default Re: Stop.... HAMMER TIME.... Iron Patriot thread

as i said in the other thread, its a stupid stupid idea. the whole concept of IP, was he was a twisted concept of osborn's. sticking any other generic villain in the suit ruins the idea

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #27
Silvermoth
Avenger

I kind of have to agree. To be honest, they sort of missed a golden opportunity not having Justin Hammer in the suit.

I understand why they can't use Norman but Justin is a good compromise if they had to use another character.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #28
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

I really think that the Iron Patriot Armor is developed by the Military, because they already have the War Machine armor so they just studied it and started developing there own. Something probably goes wrong with this Armor, and dude almost dies, then they use nano tech to save him and it ends up turning him into a cyborg... Therefore maybe it's really just a cameo appearance by the suit??

This will prove to continue from Iron Man 2, where Tony said that the world is 10 years away from developing them, now with Nano tech, there are a lot of organizations able to duplicate Tony's design.

So just like Iron Man 1 where Tony discovers that his weapons are being sold to the enemy, in this film Tony discovers that the enemy are making his suits... So making this much more of a personal fight, leaving out the Avengers...

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:12 AM   #29
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
I really think that the Iron Patriot Armor is developed by the Military, because they already have the War Machine armor so they just studied it and started developing there own. Something probably goes wrong with this Armor, and dude almost dies, then they use nano tech to save him and it ends up turning him into a cyborg... Therefore maybe it's really just a cameo appearance by the suit??

This will prove to continue from Iron Man 2, where Tony said that the world is 10 years away from developing them, now with Nano tech, there are a lot of organizations able to duplicate Tony's design.

So just like Iron Man 1 where Tony discovers that his weapons are being sold to the enemy, in this film Tony discovers that the enemy are making his suits... So making this much more of a personal fight, leaving out the Avengers...
I like this post. A lot.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:40 AM   #30
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

That would explain why the Avengers simply don't show up to help IM in this movie. It's not that they can't, but that he doesn't want them to, because this is HIS fight, and involving them would mean that he would have to go through certain channels or fight in a more orthodox way. With something like Armor Wars, he can carry out his own personal vendetta and black ops mission.

Of course, while they've said that the Avengers won't just show up to help, who is to say that they couldn't show up to stop him? For example, Cap could show up a la Armor Wars when Stark attacked the Guardsman facility.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #31
Ryudoz
Cleaning woman?!?!

This news strikes me as a bit odd. My hope is that it's nothing more than a cameo (particularly as it looks to be based off of the Mark VII armor). I would also hope that it's not another, "Look we stole Tony's tech!" moment a la Rhodey taking the Mark II to be made into War Machine. As such, I'm also hoping WM is kept to a minimum as too many armors running around could be overkill.

Then again, I might be a bit biased against the whole WM angle as I wasn't particularly fond of the interaction nor how it was handled in IM2 (probably my only real complaint of the movie). I'll be interested to see how this is handled.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #32
DarkSovereignty
Ooga Chakka

maybe instead of enemies simply duplicating tony's designs, the extremis tech makes them obsolete, like there's finally something more advance than stark tech that tony has to compete with, thus "taking him back to the cave," putting him in another situation where he has to adapt and evolve.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Welcome to the hype, we hate fun #gategate #SeriousBusiness
H.E
DarkSovereignty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #33
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post

You know, I really love that ^^^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I kind of have to agree. To be honest, they sort of missed a golden opportunity not having Justin Hammer in the suit.

I understand why they can't use Norman but Justin is a good compromise if they had to use another character.
I just wanted Rockwell/Hammer to return so any scenario that enabled that would have been welcomed by me, but

Old 05-31-2012, 02:06 PM   #34
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
maybe instead of enemies simply duplicating tony's designs, the extremis tech makes them obsolete, like there's finally something more advance than stark tech that tony has to compete with, thus "taking him back to the cave," putting him in another situation where he has to adapt and evolve.
Another solid and intriguing idea.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:14 PM   #35
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
Detroit Steel sounds more likely than Iron Patriot.

http://www.comicvine.com/detroit-steel/29-70306/

Read the history behind him.
Who knows at this point. The armour is clearly Iron Patriot's design though (but with less red and based off War Machine's design and not the comics Extremis armour.... oh yeah and some sort of cannon on his back). Even if it was called Detroit Steel and had his background it would still be a composite character like Whiplash in IM2.

Edit: Though if the character is said to be Detroit Steel I will see about changing the thread name to "HAMMER'S down, it's the Detroit Steel thread". lol

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #36
storyteller
Side-Kick

I think the IP suit is just a cameo and not really an adversary. I think we are dealing with a story where Tony stark needs to be rendered obsolete. After new york, there is not time to keep waiting for Stark to play ball but find ways around it. The arc reactor was only one kind of power source. This is a universe where a scientist bombards himself with gamma rays and hell makes Iron Man a tad bit behind when Hulk takes on a god at equal footing.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #37
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
I think the IP suit is just a cameo and not really an adversary. I think we are dealing with a story where Tony stark needs to be rendered obsolete. After new york, there is not time to keep waiting for Stark to play ball but find ways around it. The arc reactor was only one kind of power source. This is a universe where a scientist bombards himself with gamma rays and hell makes Iron Man a tad bit behind when Hulk takes on a god at equal footing.
I don't think IP is being designed to *fight* Tony Stark, no; instead, it seems to me that the US Army is fielding a brigade of armors, based on War Machine tech. And China has apparently started an arms race with the US and have fielded an armor brigade of their own. Tony (and probably Rhodey) are going to wind up smack in the middle of the two sides of an Armor War, and Tony may wind up having to fight *both* sides.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:05 AM   #38
rayc1971
Side-Kick

i think its just another rehash of ironman2 whiplash was merged with crimson dynamo now we get iron patriot merged with coldblood.the mandarin will be in the background not feeling shane black right now.

rayc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #39
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
That would explain why the Avengers simply don't show up to help IM in this movie. It's not that they can't, but that he doesn't want them to, because this is HIS fight, and involving them would mean that he would have to go through certain channels or fight in a more orthodox way. With something like Armor Wars, he can carry out his own personal vendetta and black ops mission.

Of course, while they've said that the Avengers won't just show up to help, who is to say that they couldn't show up to stop him? For example, Cap could show up a la Armor Wars when Stark attacked the Guardsman facility.
Because that would use up one of the 6 movies Evans is under contract for. Marvel would be stupid to do that for a small cameo.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #40
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Did somebody say Hammer Time?

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 06-01-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #41
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I somewhat think the theme of the film will be...when the enemy builds a strong weapon, then the other side has to make an even stronger one...then the enemy builds one stronger than that...and the cycle of violence continues.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #42
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Maybe it's Kingsley under there to avoid the whole "alien rings" aspect. Maybe this allows the Mandarin to be the leader of some future Dark Avengers.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #43
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Sooo Iron Patriot huh. Interesting. Wonder what his angle is gonna be.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #44
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Maybe it's Kingsley under there to avoid the whole "alien rings" aspect. Maybe this allows the Mandarin to be the leader of some future Dark Avengers.
James Badge Dale, who plays Eric Savin (Coldblood) in the movie, is wearing the IP armor.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:22 AM   #45
rayc1971
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
James Badge Dale, who plays Eric Savin (Coldblood) in the movie, is wearing the IP armor.
yup that makes me think they are gonna merge 2 viillans like whiplash and crimson dynamo.eric savin coldblood merged with iron patriot just rehash from ironman 2.

rayc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #46
The IronMan
Side-Kick

Iron Patriot? Ick

Old 06-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #47
Jim Smiley

Default Sorry, Iron Patriot Not In ‘Iron Man 3′ After All

Sorry, Iron Patriot Not In ‘Iron Man 3′ After All

potential minor spoilers

http://screencrush.com/no-iron-patriot/

Jim Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #48
Silvermoth
Avenger

That's a little underwhelming. It's not bad exactly but it is a pretty major departure from the comic books.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #49
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Default Re: Sorry, Iron Patriot Not In ‘Iron Man 3′ After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smiley View Post
Sorry, Iron Patriot Not In ‘Iron Man 3′ After All

potential minor spoilers

http://screencrush.com/no-iron-patriot/
kinda call bull on that site

tho, it's hard to tell rather or not it is in fact James Badge Dales, but its definitely not Don Cheadle, under the mask... a random stunt man perhaps (that kinda looks like Dales) sure

the head gear with the straps that go over his face, an the motion caption pants, would suggest a stuntman...

the motion caption pants is what intrigues me the most, would they really go through the trouble of CGing the low half of the armor if it just a random cameo, I get that its for the comfort of the actor/ or stuntman, which suggests that whoever it is, spends enough time in the suit on set, that he would need to be comfortable... or would need the mobility of his legs to perform some type of stunt... so its got to be more then just a walk by cameo

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 06-08-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #50
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Considering that no one has reported seeing James Badge Dale on set in Wilmington yet, I'd say with 100% certainty that it's a stuntman. And the scenes that were shot will clearly feature WM/IP with his mask down, not open. The stuntman just opened his visor to get some fresh (and cool) air between takes.