The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 06-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #51
Norm3
Side-Kick

Th Redface Re: Stop.... HAMMER TIME.... Iron Patriot thread

War Machine is War Machine not an Iron Patriot knock off!

Old 06-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #52
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Stop.... HAMMER TIME.... Iron Patriot thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Considering that no one has reported seeing James Badge Dale on set in Wilmington yet, I'd say with 100% certainty that it's a stuntman. And the scenes that were shot will clearly feature WM/IP with his mask down, not open. The stuntman just opened his visor to get some fresh (and cool) air between takes.
That shouldn't be allowed.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:16 AM   #53
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Just read the news....I really just hope it's a
"Hay look I'm Captain America" joke, with a nod to the comic book readers, and then it will be done.
PLEASE!

Old 06-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #54
FigsNFilms
Banned User

The Iron Patriot armor is kind of cool. Maybe just an updated military issue of Rhodey's armor from Stark, w/ Stark tech weapons instead of Hammer's FAIL weaponry?

In that first set pic however, in the hall of armors, Stark has the MK II, which was actually taken by Rhodey and turned into War Machine, so I am slightly confused.

FigsNFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #55
TheSkyCracker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigsNFilms View Post
The Iron Patriot armor is kind of cool. Maybe just an updated military issue of Rhodey's armor from Stark, w/ Stark tech weapons instead of Hammer's FAIL weaponry?

In that first set pic however, in the hall of armors, Stark has the MK II, which was actually taken by Rhodey and turned into War Machine, so I am slightly confused.
I believe the Mk.1 and Mk.2 are non-working display reproductions. There was a photo floating around somewhere with the status of each suit and the Mk.1 was labelled reproduction.

Speaking of Hammer, I wonder what happened to the unused Drones? I would imagine the government would have confiscated them, maybe continue R&D on them? That is of course only if Vanko didn't have them all in use during the Expo battle.

TheSkyCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #56
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Yeah, if they take a badass iconic War Machine and put him in this, I'm going to be upset. Unless its like, part of the plot that the government is screwing over Rhodey by making him an Iron Captain America, and he'll get his gunmetal grey back for the finale.

But Coldblood as Iron Patriot makes a whole lot of sense, in terms of story and synergy.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:24 AM   #57
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: Sorry, Iron Patriot Not In ‘Iron Man 3′ After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smiley View Post
Sorry, Iron Patriot Not In ‘Iron Man 3′ After All

potential minor spoilers

http://screencrush.com/no-iron-patriot/
I'm calling BS on this. What is their source? They aren't just going to leak script information to the public. Also it's clearly not a stunt scene so why wouldn't Cheadle have been in the suit.?

Old 06-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #58
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Default Re: Sorry, Iron Patriot Not In ‘Iron Man 3′ After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I'm calling BS on this. What is their source? They aren't just going to leak script information to the public. Also it's clearly not a stunt scene so why wouldn't Cheadle have been in the suit.?
Lol I agree man.... If they going to do stunts with these "Iron man" suits, don't they usually go to the CGI department??

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:36 AM   #59
ZeroDegrees
Newbie First Class

It's just War Machine, but repainted. Now that the government has the suit, maybe they suited it to their liking. It's also been mentioned that he's with the Secret Service so the design fits.

Marvel knows what they're doing; he probably won't have that suit for the whole movie. Maybe just a one-time thing for a special event? Or maybe he requests it off or dons a different, more familiar suit.

ZeroDegrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #60
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnuffTheRooster View Post
They don't use CGI for every little shot, they use it when they need to, like flying scenes, fight scenes, etc. Having the character walk around in the suit they'll only use CGI for things like the legs and other little things on the suit like lights. They're not going to completely CGI War Machine just standing there
Lol I never said they used CGI suits for every scene, I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Lol I agree man.... If they going to do STUNTS with these "Iron man" suits, don't they usually go to the CGI department??
the article said that it was a stuntman in the IP armor, so I was just questioning the logic of that...

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #61
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Lol I never said they used CGI suits for every scene, I said:

the article said that it was a stuntman in the IP armor, so I was just questioning the logic of that...
Apparently wearing the practical suit is a "stunt" in and of itself. Cheadle hated wearing the War Machine armor for IM2 because it was so heavy and hot. It would make sense that they have stuntmen hired to wear the armors when the actors want a break.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #62
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Apparently wearing the practical suit is a "stunt" in and of itself. Cheadle hated wearing the War Machine armor for IM2 because it was so heavy and hot. It would make sense that they have stuntmen hired to wear the armors when the actors want a break.

And that's exactly what the LR article said: Cheadle was taking a break. Cheadle wanted the day off, and the stuntman volunteered to fill in in the armor for him. That's all.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #63
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I'm not buying it. Heck alot of the scenes in IM2 RDJ and DC are just wearing the helmet pieces with a CGI suit. Besides the armor looks nothing like the WM armor. The gun is different, the chest piece is different. This is alot more than just a paint job on WM.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #64
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not buying it. Heck alot of the scenes in IM2 RDJ and DC are just wearing the helmet pieces with a CGI suit. Besides the armor looks nothing like the WM armor. The gun is different, the chest piece is different. This is alot more than just a paint job on WM.

The original WM armor from IM2 had been somewhat damaged so I'm sure Tony/US government has made some modifications to the new armor. Just like how they change the IM armors, I'm sure that's what they're doing with the WM armor.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #65
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
The original WM armor from IM2 had been somewhat damaged so I'm sure Tony/US government has made some modifications to the new armor. Just like how they change the IM armors, I'm sure that's what they're doing with the WM armor.
Agreed. If the rumor's true, looks like they made the minigun a lot smaller, as they should --- a big honkin' chaingun on a swivel mount on Rhodey's shoulder is *not* that smart of a design.

As for the color change --- making the chestplate blue instead of red --- others have already made the logical suggestion that it was done to make the armor more visible and distinguishable from Tony's, if/when they're sharing the same scenes.

The jury's still out, yeah, but I'm inclined to believe the latest report that it really is WM with a patriotic all-American paint design, and just a stunt double in the suit.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #66
marcvader
Lurker #1

If the WM armor is just standing around in that particular scene and never has a need to raise the visor for dialogue why in the world would Cheadle agree to just stand around in armor for it. It makes complete sense that a stand in would do all of those scenes. Whenever you had Cheadle and Downey in practical suits it was because they were involved in scenes where they would have the faceplate removed and had dialogue.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #67
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

If you ignore the new gun on the IP coloured armour and you take off the part of the armour piece that's supporting the guns on the IM2 WM armour then they do look fairly familiar. The abs part are more reminiscent of WM and IM's chest armour is more rounded where it meets the abs part. The helmet seems more like WM's than it does IM's as well.

But still, we're not going to find out for sure until much later I expect.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #68
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
He wouldn't have given them anything. He does not want his armor in the hands of the government.

This is just like the time when Sony released the pic of black suit Spidey and everyone for months was saying "it doesn't mean it's Venom, it's just lighting to reflect he's sad."

Marvel darn well knows what that armor means, and they know the fans know as well. IP has never been associated with War Machine. This is someone spreading misinformation because a paparazzi snapped some location photos on a closed set.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #69
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Thing is, you don't know either way. None of us will until we see some confirmation of the facts.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #70
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Thing is, you don't know either way. None of us will until we see some confirmation of the facts.
True. But like I say, I compare it to the reaction to the black Spidey suit. Everyone who knew the comics knew what the black spidey suit ment. Well everyone who knows the comics knows what that color Iron Man armor means. Now obviously they aren't having Norman Osborne in this movie, but I'm very suspect that this is just War Machine repainted. If it is, it's a HUGE departure from the comics.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #71
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
True. But like I say, I compare it to the reaction to the black Spidey suit. Everyone who knew the comics knew what the black spidey suit ment. Well everyone who knows the comics knows what that color Iron Man armor means. Now obviously they aren't having Norman Osborne in this movie, but I'm very suspect that this is just War Machine repainted. If it is, it's a HUGE departure from the comics.
Just saying that comparing it to SM3 doesn't make this the same. Plus most things in the MCU tend to be a huge departure from the comics. We've already got Killian not killing himself to begin with and being the main villain and there plenty of other examples (and a couple of speculative examples from yourself in the very post I quoted).

Also, I don't think it's fair to paint people who doubted Venom in SM3 as silly and/or blind. It's easy to do that in hindsight knowing how it played out, but I can fully understand why people seeing the black suit might question whether or not Venom would naturally follow.

There's just no way to know at this point. Even if you have guessed right, it won't make your case look any stronger in retrospect.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #72
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

Quote:
After Sony talking about how they could see them collaborating with MARVEL Studios, should we rule out Norman?

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
webhead9707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #73
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
He wouldn't have given them anything. He does not want his armor in the hands of the government.

This is just like the time when Sony released the pic of black suit Spidey and everyone for months was saying "it doesn't mean it's Venom, it's just lighting to reflect he's sad."

Marvel darn well knows what that armor means, and they know the fans know as well. IP has never been associated with War Machine. This is someone spreading misinformation because a paparazzi snapped some location photos on a closed set.
But neither has Whiplash been associated with Crimson Dynamo or Ivan Vanko.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #74
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
But neither has Whiplash been associated with Crimson Dynamo or Ivan Vanko.
Prior to the release of IM2 they made Anton Vanko (no relation to Crimson Dynamo) as the new whiplash, but no doubt it was a tie in to the movie, although it takes place in 616 Marvel.

Needless to say this is different because it would be turning a known bad guy in the comics into a good guy. I won't say they wouldn't do that, however I find the LR article highly suspect.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #75
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

more evidence that the LR article is misinformation:

Come on folks, we weren't born yesterday, that is JBD. This is not War Machine.