Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

View Poll Results: Will Rhodey Suit Up as War Machine
Yes 20 90.91%
No 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #26
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Default Re: Will Rhodey Suit up as War Machine in IM3?

Tony needs to upgrade the War Machine armor, now that Rhodey is the official war machine for the military.. Include some mini-nuclear missiles.. Also include the tech-assimilation powers of the recent comics mini-series..

Last edited by Hypestyle; 06-11-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #27
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Definitely.

It'd be really lame to introduce the armor in IM2 & then not have it at all in the sequel. Plus, how could Disney sell War Machine merchandise if he isn't in IM3?

Old 06-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #28
Scarilian
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I know he'll be in the movie, but do you think at any point in the movie he will actually suit up as War Machine?

A lot of what I read has been that they want Tony "back in the cave" in the sense that he cant call for help and he's isolated. So I think if Rhodey actually shows up as War Machine it'll be during the climax like in IM2
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

The Iron Patriot armour we`ve seen is apparently War Machine, so he`ll definentely have some time in suit, whether he`s helping Iron Man or doing something else.

Scarilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:21 AM   #29
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Kinda like the IP look for WM as of right now from what we've seen so far. I don't think they will have him like that all movie IMO but I'm sure he will get a decent amount of screen time. Still can't figure out why he wasn't in the Avengers though

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #30
STR1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
Kinda like the IP look for WM as of right now from what we've seen so far. I don't think they will have him like that all movie IMO but I'm sure he will get a decent amount of screen time. Still can't figure out why he wasn't in the Avengers though
It is exactly my question, why no WM in TA? Do any of you think they will reference in IM3 where he was during the events of TA? If they do I hope it has something to do with WM being in China investigating the Mandarine events or him mention to Tony that the alien attack was done everywhere and that the Avengers weren't the only ones fighting the invasion, thus expanding the MU to more heroes.

STR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #31
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Maybe he was somewhere without access to the suit or was busy with his typical day job of being an USAF officer. Either way, it doesn't make a load of difference that he wasn't there.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #32
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Maybe the WM suit was still shot to hell from IM2 - if Tony does not fix it I could see it taking some time for someone else to...

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:07 AM   #33
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

WM wasn't in Avengers for pretty obvious reasons. Same reason Jane from Thor wasn't and was only a photo on a screen. The secondary chars didn't really belong.

Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #34
Kiltman
E-list Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR1 View Post
It is exactly my question, why no WM in TA? Do any of you think they will reference in IM3 where he was during the events of TA? If they do I hope it has something to do with WM being in China investigating the Mandarine events or him mention to Tony that the alien attack was done everywhere and that the Avengers weren't the only ones fighting the invasion, thus expanding the MU to more heroes.
I hope they reference it, I would say they could do an opening set during the avengers NYC battle where he is over either in the middle east or yeah in China for the military and comes up against The Mandarin and gets his armor all but destroyed and narrowly escapes. That would setup WM getting new armor and Mandarin's power. From the sounds of it it would set the tone nicely, of course after they cut from that to a IM3 title card they'd probably transition to some type of funny Christmasy thing with Tony a couple months later...maybe the Beauty Pagent.

Kiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #35
catintheengine
Registered Rhymnicologist

I certainly don't think that War Machine was off somewhere else fighting the Chitauri during The Avengers. As far as I know, that was the sole portal, using the one and only Tesseract.

Plus, even if there was another portal somewhere, Rhodey would've most likely been killed as it took the six Avengers, the NYPD, the National Guard, and a "re-guided" nuke to win the day in New York.

I have a feeling we will get a reference to Rhodey's whereabouts during The Avengers in IM3 though. It will probably be just a passing comment about Rhodes doing his work for the USAF.

I get the distinct impression, however, that the Iron Patriot armor is going to end up being little more than a publicity move by the government in the next Iron Man movie.

It makes sense: The government wanted the Iron Man suit in IM2. Now they have one. What would they do with it? Propaganda.

catintheengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #36
Scarilian
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I know he'll be in the movie, but do you think at any point in the movie he will actually suit up as War Machine?

A lot of what I read has been that they want Tony "back in the cave" in the sense that he cant call for help and he's isolated. So I think if Rhodey actually shows up as War Machine it'll be during the climax like in IM2

Yes he`s back. In the War Machine armour, just its painted similar to Iron Patriot

Scarilian is offline   Reply With Quote