Old 04-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #26
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Default Re: MTV developing Scream series

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/mtv-...jwoww-renewal/
Quote:
MTV Announces ‘Scream’ Pilot, New Reality Series And ‘Snooki & JWoww’ Renewal
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

At its upfront today, MTV is announcing a pilot order to a series adaptation of the hit horror film franchise Scream. At the event, held at the Beacon Theatre in New York, the cable network announced new unscripted series Generation Cryo, Nurse Nation as well as The Hook Up, which Deadline wrote about yesterday. Additionally, Snooki & JWOWW has been renewed for a third season.

MTV is working on Scream with the films’ producer, the Weinsteins’ Dimension Films and Tony DiSanto and Liz Gateley’s DiGaVision. The project originally landed at MTV almost a year ago, brought in by former MTV programming topper David Janollari. The pilot green light is suprising, given the fact that there is no specific concept or a writer for the adaptation yet. The network recently met with a number of potential writers but didn’t settle on an idea. Still, MTV has big plans for the project, announcing that the potential series already has been slated for a summer 2014 debut. Dimension is in discussions with the films’ original director Wes Craven to direct the pilot.
I was actually wondering about this a few days ago.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #27
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Interesting.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #28
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

I would say this has a lot of potential.

I'd pitch it like this:

Quote:
It's a teen drama series. Throughout the United States there have been murders inspired by the new hit Stab TV series and films. People think that it's sickening that Stab continues due to it inspiring actual murders, but the producers are adamant that it is not responsible for the way people respond to it. The first season is about one such town. We follow the story of a teenage girl in suburbia, her story begins on the day Stab premieres on television. Some of her friends are excited for it, while other friends think it's the lamest thing they've ever heard of. "Come on, they've exhausted the movies so what? They're going to put it on television now in hopes of making a quick buck off a brand name? How lame is that?!" Well, that night somebody in the town dies and it's suspect? None other than ghost face. Someone amongst them, one of her friends is the killer. And one by one they will all die and in the end all will be known.

In this series no character is safe. In the first season, the main character is killed within the first six episodes out of a total of twelve episodes. Let me repeat, no one is safe. And each season we will see more and more of these ghost face killers and different suburban towns. To mix things up even further, the second season would have a male protagonist. It won't ever be the same kind of protagonist, it will keep switching up.

What is exactly causing this? Will be the series' through-line.

Get prepared for 'Scream,' the show where no one is safe, which makes fun of itself, is always thrilling with twists right around the corner, an endless mystery, and an interactive online cross-promotion further delving into the murders that are taking this world by storm. Prepare to get slaughtered like a pig. What is your favorite horror show?
And that's just after zero minutes of thinking, just free-writing. They can do a lot here.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 04-25-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:40 AM   #29
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Williamson Not Involved, But Excited That Craven Might Be

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #30
SuperBatman
Side-Kick

I'll give this a watch if it gets pickup. Usually MTV shows are pretty crappy all except for Teen Wolf.

SuperBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #31
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
I would say this has a lot of potential.

I'd pitch it like this:

And that's just after zero minutes of thinking, just free-writing. They can do a lot here.
Your idea is bad and you should feel bad!

Old 04-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #32
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

lol typical Matt

Old 05-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #33
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I'll be curious to see if they actually land Wes Craven for the director of the pilot. Granted, he wasn't the one responsible for so much of the series' voice, but it'd still be cool if they got him...

Old 05-12-2013, 02:18 AM   #34
bullets
bang bang

I like the idea of a murder mystery show. Hopefully they can make this work.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #35
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Your idea is bad and you should feel bad!
Considering who I am, who I know I am, who the people who like my ideas are, and who the people getting their checks in order to give me thousands of dollars for my ideas are... Compared to who I know you are? Why should I even care what you have to say? And now here we go, posters ranting about how cocky I am in 3, 2, 1...

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #36
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/tca-...remiere-dates/
Quote:
Daniels also announced that writers Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin (Criminal Minds) have been tapped to write the horror drama pilot Scream, which is based on the successful film franchise with Dimension Films.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #37
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

http://scream-trilogy.net/2013/07/sc...king-progress/

Old 07-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #38
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Considering who I am, who I know I am, who the people who like my ideas are, and who the people getting their checks in order to give me thousands of dollars for my ideas are... Compared to who I know you are? Why should I even care what you have to say? And now here we go, posters ranting about how cocky I am in 3, 2, 1...

Your so effing cocky.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #39
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

As I said in the horror thread in Misc Movies, how they can stretch this into a television series is difficult to see. Even the movies are a stretch at times and that's only one movie every few years.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #40
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Uh huh. Let me know when you cash one of those checks, because if I can get thousands of dollars for just ripping of The Following as a ******, 3 paragraph, Scream fan fiction on an internet message board, I might be in the wrong field.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #41
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Ghostface, meet your new tormentees.

MTV has begun the casting process for its one-hour drama pilot based the Scream film franchise, and we’ve got intel on four series-regular characters.

The pilot, penned by Jill Blotevogel (Ravenswood, Harper’s Island, Eureka), kicks off with a YouTube video going viral, which will have adverse repercussions for teenager Audrey and seemingly serve as the “catalyst for a murder that opens up a window to [her] town’s troubled past.”

The show’s main characters, whose ethnicities are still to be determined, will include:

* Harper Duval: A 16-year-old beauty “who’s a little too introverted and intellectual to be a social butterfly” but has nevertheless been annointed by the popular crowd to be one of their own. “She feels guilty that she has drifted away from former best friend Audrey,” but at least she’s got a Gilmore Girls-esque relationship with mom Maggie to keep her sane.

* Audrey Jesen: Haper’s former BFF is described as “the bi-curious daughter of a Lutheran pastor” who’s “more arresting-looking than pretty.” This “artsy loner” dreams of being a filmmaker and shares a close bond with tech genius Noah.

* Noah Foster: Audrey’s closest confidante is “creative, brilliant and tech-savvy enough to be the next Steve Jobs.” Lucky for him, he’s got a great sense of humor (“a la John Cusack in his teen prime”) that helps him navigate the halls of his high school. What’s more, Noah possesses “an encyclopedic knowledge of books, films, TV, apps, etc.”

* Margaret “Maggie” Duval: Harper’s mom, in her early to mid-40s, is the town’s medical examiner, “a grown-up science geek who plays down her beauty.” Maggie spends a lot of her time trying to make up for the fact that Harper’s dad abandoned them. Oh, and she’s harboring “a dark secret from her past.”

http://tvline.com/2014/04/02/scream-...t-update-cast/

Old 04-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #42
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

Wes craven directing?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/...etails-emerge/

cheungcheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #43
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

http://tvline.com/2014/08/05/scream-...la-fitzgerald/
Quote:
Ghostface is a getting some fresh prey.
MTV’s one-hour drama pilot based on the Scream film franchise has tapped a quintet of pretty, young faces, TVLine has learned.

Willa Fitzgerald —who currently recurs as Emma on Royal Pains — will star as another Emma, a classic beauty whose popularity actually masks a natural shyness and intellectual nature. Her new life with the cool kids leaves her estranged from childhood best friend Audrey (played by Amy Forsyth, Reign), the daughter of a Lutheran pastor and an artsy loner/aspiring filmmaker.

Also joining the pilot are John Karna (The Neighbors) as creative computer genius and Audrey’s best friend Noah, Carlson Young (Key and Peele) as bubbly, sexy popular group leader Brooke, and newcomer Amadeus Serafini as the dark, mysterious way too obvious suspect new kid Kieran.
Sounds like a typical horror movie cast.

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, we're all gonna die. Come watch TV. -Morty Smith
John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:14 PM   #44
Randal Graves
Side-Kick

Whhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy. I had some hope when Craven was rumored to be involved.

No Williamson. No Craven. UGH.

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #45
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

More casting news:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...iff-hot-725781

Old 08-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #46
THUNDERSTRIKE
STARED INTO THE SCHISM...

Joel Gretsch from the 4400?!?

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnnc-Dee'Ya, the unstable B***h-Queen, and
El-Ya, her kiss-ass and Sleez, her ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:15 PM   #47
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
Joel Gretsch from the 4400?!?
Sheriff looks like