The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 06-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #1
DuceFace
Side-Kick

Default Interesting Story Map of TDKR

I found this story map the other day and while it's purely written as a teaching tool (this guy does a lot of work in the film industry and teaches screenplay writing), it's actually a pretty interesting read and covers some things we've all thought of and a few things we haven't.

Since it's purely speculation it's not a true spoiler, but it is a very interesting read, and if you haven't been following all the rumors and spy stuff, there are a lot of spoilers from that. He's done his research on the plot and it's something to help hold us over for the next 46 days...

http://actfourscreenplays.com/wordpr...ap-Calvisi.pdf

DuceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:08 AM   #2
ScottJRamsey
Side-Kick

Default Re: Interesting Story Map of TDKR

One thing they mention that I've had a feeling about for a while is Tate becoming CEO. I think if Bruce sees her as trying to help him continue his father's legacy, and if Fox is killed by Bane, it seems like a logical move that could take the plot in an interesting direction

ScottJRamsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:29 AM   #3
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

It's an interesting read, but there are so many inconsistencies in his plot summary, with stuff we know/common sense.

Goku Goes Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:30 AM   #4
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Is it wrong that when I first glanced at this thread I read it as "Interesting story, Mark" in Tommy Wiseau's voice?

Nevincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:38 AM   #5
Blue_Scholar
The Battiest and Manliest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevincer View Post
Is it wrong that when I first glanced at this thread I read it as "Interesting story, Mark" in Tommy Wiseau's voice?
When your inner monologue begins to sound anything like Wiseau regardless of what urged you (referential or otherwise) it is a tell-tale sign of a downward spiral. I fear for your family.

"The Dark Knight Trilogy" is such a pretentious title, I'm leaning more towards "RISES: The Dark Batman Knight Begins".

That's much better.
Blue_Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #6
Drunkard Esq.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevincer View Post
You're tearing me apart Nevincer!!

Drunkard Esq. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:14 AM   #7
Closerframe
Side-Kick

I do like your idea of revealing Talia as someone who simply wants to stop Bane because of their past history and Bane's plan is to simply prove that he's better than both Ras and Bruce. But I think what really stood out to me the most is Batman taking off the mask in front of City Hall. I think this act alone, would break the mold of every comic book film. Sure, Iron Man did it, but I can tell if Bruce does it with the type of dialogue you described, it will be much more emotional.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #8
munchie64
I'm NOT Batman

From the TV spots (Bruce being officially retired), EMPIRE article (Selina starts off in prison) and the children's books, this is already proven to be really wrong.

I like: The Star Wars prequels, Spider-Man 3, Transformers, X-men 3, the Pirates sequels, and Indiana Jones 4.
WARNING! My opinion might be invalid!
munchie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #9
TDKR2012
A FIRE WILL RISE

that was a really nice read. and very professionally/well put together/formulated.

there were some plot holes and things that were incorrect, but for the most part, it worked.

i am with him on the ending as well, with Bruce retiring/living off in the Mountains at the end, i posted something similar on the "why batman won't die" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKR2012 View Post

How about this:

Inception-like ending, where the city/selina skyline/etc... question as to whether Batman/Bruce is dead or not..

and the LAST QUICK SCENE before the credits, we see a man somewhere, maybe out in the mountains or something like that, (whom we speculate is Bruce Wayne having finally laid down the cowl,) whom has finally found peace...

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

TDKR2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
TDKR2012
A FIRE WILL RISE

oh ya, seeing TV Spot 3/5, there's an alternate meaning to "im retired" kinda like what this guy touched upon.

Maybe Batman isn't necessarily retired at the start of the movie, (but obviously less active)

Lucius says, "Bruce Wayne?"
The first time Bruce wayne says "I'm retired"

- which can refer to him as BRUCE WAYNE, not batman, being retired from Wayne enterprises, or taking a leave of absensce

The second time:
Bruce: " I told you"
Lucius: "you're retired"
Bruce: "I'm retired" - referring to himself as batman,

just random thoughts, forgive me if this is obvious

TDKR2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #11
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

^He keeps insisting he's retired while looking at the Bat, which makes it more likely that he's referring to Batman.