The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #101
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Default Re: Watch Dogs

This game still looks amazing, I can't wait to get my hands on it. It's definitely going to be a unique experience.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #102
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

The new footage was really good. I wonder how open ended this game will be. Like, could you have shot the mugger before he runs off like he did in the demo?

Old 02-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #103
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Yea I'm still not sure on who the main character is. Is he like a vigilante? Merc? Hitman? Either way, looks beyond awesome.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #104
zenith16
Side-Kick

while there is the possibility of this having gov agents or spy related stuff since the main theme is "surveillance and privacy. " It'll have no merc's and that's good for a change.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #105
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

My only worry with this game is that with all of the social media stuff going around, that this would go from an engaging single player game to some kind of multiplayer co-op kind of thing. Of course, that's based more on how the E3 demo ended, where it appeared like you weren't alone. But there's still so much mystery surrounding this game and the main character that makes it both intriguing and slightly questionable.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #106
zenith16
Side-Kick

it'll be single player for the most part for sure. but there were hint's of co-op from the first demo we saw. I won't mind playing that with my usual buddies. (us being 4) if they see an interest in this. hehe like in burn notice or other spy series. (this isn't necessarily that By the way) doing shadowing ( which mean to fallow or tail)/ surveillance on some one via car missions or on foot. but I hope it'll be optional, and not forced

Last edited by zenith16; 02-20-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #107
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

this game looks amazing! kinda had a GTA feel to it only set in the future. wonder if the character you play is a good guy. seems like he could be some sort of hitman or vigilante.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #108
zenith16
Side-Kick

All they said is he very smart and something bad in his past is making him act out against people that cause him harm and they aren't good people.
Quote:

You’ll play as Aiden Pearce, a vigilante(well til more is said on him) who can use his smartphone to hack into Chicago’s central operating system to control the city. Pearce will be able to take control of security cameras, traffic lights, public transportation and more.
From that recent link in siliconera. That is siliconera saying "vigilante." Ubisoft isn't calling him that. when they speak of the character from what i see in other places.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-21-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #109
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
The new footage was really good. I wonder how open ended this game will be. Like, could you have shot the mugger before he runs off like he did in the demo?
As he said in the demo: "There are no missions, and no objectives." The scales in the lower left at some points during the demo indicate a light-side/dark-side dynamic going on the whole time; i.e., you can choose to be good or evil, and the game *suggests* a course of action during certain encounters based on what kind of ethos you choose. Notice, for instance, at the train, he had other options besides just momentarily stopping the train for him to get on --- he could've just derailed it.

And this game, along with several others during the demos yesterday (particularly Destiny, Killzone, Infamous: Second Son, and Drivers' Club) absolutely sold me --- a lifelong Xboxer --- on the PS4. Never had a Sony console in my life, but I'll be more than happy for this one to be my first.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #110
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

You don't need a PS4 for Watch Dogs and Destiny... Just sayin :P

Old 02-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #111
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Shhh! We almost had him!

Old 02-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #112
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I think I might've said this when we first saw the E3 demo, bubt I got a nice little vibe of Assassin's Creed/Splinter Cell mixed in with a GTA-styled open world. Just the movements of the last demo reminded me of Connor climbing over trees and stuff, and the gun movement reminded me of the latest stuff we've seen form Blacklist, and it makes sense since Ubisoft is behind all of this, but that alone gets me super excited for this.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #113
Nathan

Quote:
Hey, Watch Dogs Sneakily Showed Off The First Instance of PS4 Multiplayer Last Night

Watch Dogs came out of cover last night and Ubisoft's open-world hacking game had a strong showing that built on the buzz of its surprise unveiling at last year's E3. Among the things announced about Watch Dogs was the fact that it would be debuting first on PS4.

Last June, Ubisoft kept mum on which platforms the game would be coming to. But they talked it up as next-gen then and it seemed to be just a matter of time until it was announced for Orbis and/or Durango. There's a reason Sony's upcoming console got preferential treatment, though.

"When we showed them the game, I think they understood immediately what the game was all about. They talked about hyperconnectivity, too," said Watch Dogs creative director Jonathan Morin. "They talk about playing everywhere. They talk about being outside of their games and still being connected to the whole experience. I think because of those things and the fact that the players who buy that console will already be in that mode, there's going to be a natural extension of what Watch Dogs is all about on PlayStation 4."

Here's a conundrum, then: what if you own a PS3 and don't feel like upgrading to the PS4? Will you be getting a lesser version of Watch Dogs?

"No, I don't think so. I think it's more… I mean, of course, new machine means new tools and means an extension of the original vision. So, PlayStation 4 will be great for Watch Dogs," Morin told me. "That being said, I firmly believe that creating a game experience starts with what you want to do and achieve as a team. It has nothing to do with tools. The tools are there to facilitate certain things. So the same experience is there on the PS3 and other consoles. Players will have the same enjoyment; they will not feel any letdown."

Easy for Morin to say, sure, but he acknowledges that folks are going to be comparing the various versions of Watch Dogs. When I pressed him on what they'd see, he waffled on offering any kind of specifics. "Definitely, they're going to look at the differences. They're going to feel that maybe one way… where I think it's interesting for PS4, it's just a natural extension of what they [Sony] feel the future of experience will be. So just that means that the players who will buy the PS4 will have that state of mind; they will already be in that mode. So it creates an interesting ecosystem to experience Watch Dogs. But it's more on that [conceptual] level, I would say."

Got it. So, by virtue of plunking down their cash first, PS4 owners' minds might be more ready for Watch Dogs and its core concepts than current-gen players. And the game's feature—being able to hack the infrastructure of hyperconnected, electronically automated version of Chicago—was shown off on stage last night.

And, if you were looking carefully, you even saw some multiplayer.

At 4:12 in the demo video, you'll see the action zoom in on a security camera that appears to get hacked. Who's getting into the device's security code? It didn't look like Aiden Pearce was doing it. I asked Morin if it was another player jumping into the Watch Dogs demo. Here's that exchange:

Kotaku: I seem to remember that you guys talked about asynchronous multiplayer design at E3. Is that what we saw at the end of the demo, where the camera was being hacked?

Morin: Yeah, that's a nice observation. Not everybody picked that up. Watch Dogs is all about hyperconnectivity. To me, that has to mean all the time and anywhere. So yes, other people are out there all the time, when you don't expect it. Whether you're playing single-player or multiplayer, it's happening. You're saying asynchronous but it's much more real-time than that…

Kotaku: Because we saw a real-time demo tonight, right? What we saw was another player jumping into the game and affecting a certain part of the gameplay…

Morin: Yes, exactly. There's more detail to come on that.

Kotaku: And that was a camera being hacked. To help or hurt Aiden?

Morin: Oh, help! Or not! I think both are interesting questions. We'll let players do pretty much what they want on those terms. And I think that what's interesting is that since we're creating a fantasy that you can progressively control all of Chicago and monitor everything… if you can do that… you need to ask yourself if Aiden Pearce can do all of this, can anybody else out there do the same thing? And the answer is absolutely yes.

Kotaku: He's not a special snowflake.

Morin: He is not. [laughs]

If Ubisoft and Sony are to be believed and that was a live demo running in real time, people watching the PlayStation Meeting event last night got to see Watch Dogs make good on some of the jump-in-other-people's-games promises Sony made about the PS4. It was a moment you missed if you turned away, but those few seconds represent a big part of the next-gen's appeal. Let's see some more of that soon.
Source

Old 02-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #114
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Oh, I'm aware that it's multi-console/PC. But I don't think anything else is going to look as jaw-droppingly realistic as what we saw on the PS4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I think I might've said this when we first saw the E3 demo, bubt I got a nice little vibe of Assassin's Creed/Splinter Cell mixed in with a GTA-styled open world. Just the movements of the last demo reminded me of Connor climbing over trees and stuff, and the gun movement reminded me of the latest stuff we've seen form Blacklist, and it makes sense since Ubisoft is behind all of this, but that alone gets me super excited for this.
Yep, I was thinking that, in a way, this is the modern world Assassin's Creed game that a lot of people have been asking for. Clearly, there won't be Assassins and Templars, of course (....or will there...?), but Pierce feels like he's cut from the same cloth as our Assassin heroes.

Another thing that was just stunning to look at was the environment of Chicago, particularly the rain puddles all over the street. I'm wondering if we'll get dynamic weather and daytime/nighttime changes --- seems to be the norm these days. But I'm wondering just how much more amazing PS4 graphics will immerse you into the weather...in particular, I'd like to see Ubi capitalize on their groundbreaking use of snow in AC3 and give us Chicago during a lake-effect blizzard, for instance.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #115
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Oh, I'm aware that it's multi-console/PC. But I don't think anything else is going to look as jaw-droppingly realistic as what we saw on the PS4.
Haha in a years time, high end pc's will look better than all those videos you just saw.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #116
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Dude you know that makes no sense lol. It's odds on going to look the same or slightly worse or slightly better on 720 and probably better if you have PC Big Beast 44780.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #117
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

What's that? The PC Elite marching drums? Play on whatever system you want, just as long as you enjoy it.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #118
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Dude you know that makes no sense lol. It's odds on going to look the same or slightly worse or slightly better on 720
How do you know that? Have they released gameplay videos or specs for the 720 yet?

Old 02-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #119
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
How do you know that? Have they released gameplay videos or specs for the 720 yet?
Haha they dont need to. I mean there isnt going to be that much of a difference in power between whatever the next xbox is compared to the new playstation. Compare the PS3/360 now, or the Xbox/PS2. There may be differences, but for the most part they are fairly small, its safe to assume the same here. Sony doesnt have access to some secret tech, they arent going to release a system that isnt capable of being surpassed, especially by the newer PC's.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #120
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Lol PC gaming. PC gamers have become quite the douchebags in the past couple years.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #121
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Nice eye from Kotaku.
Yeah, there's a gamertag for "PixxelFD" that appears over the security camera, then the player controlling Pearce terminates the connection. I'm wondering if you "hack" into someone else's game by establishing a connection via a camera like that, and if the player doesn't notice and launch countermeasures in time, then you're in their world.

Or maybe you just have the option to have Free-Roam Multiplayer like Red Dead Redemption, or stick to just a local single-player world.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #122
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Do you know what odds on means? (if we're asking questions n'all )

Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #123
Frico
No Fear

Saw the demo on the official website and had my mind blown. I need this. Now. Definitely the one game I'm looking forward to the most aside from GTA.

Daredevil. Netflix. 2015.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #124
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I saw the demo with the PS4 videos and it looks amazing, the detail is incredible and the movement of the character and his clothes is just stunning.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #125
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I saw the demo with the PS4 videos and it looks amazing, the detail is incredible and the movement of the character and his clothes is just stunning.
Yea i thought that was awesome.

One thing i hope for this upcoming gen is more attention to detail. Things like cloth physics and weapon slings. I dont want to see my character, especially in third person titles, pull a gun magically out of his ass or see his gun just stick to his back.