The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Old 06-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #251
jmaf26
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Avengers cartoon - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
yeah, that WAS a pretty good throwdown between the two of them...
thunderstrike you and me are the link guys jeje. I dont know what they gonna do to falcon and doc samson.I hope they release them and they became two new avengers

jmaf26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #252
THUNDERSTRIKE
COLBERT, GODDAMMIT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaf26 View Post
thunderstrike you and me are the link guys jeje. I dont know what they gonna do to falcon and doc samson.I hope they release them and they became two new avengers

I don't know about THIS series, but Falcon for sure is in the Assemble series coming up...

as for Samson, I just don't see him as an Avenger... I don't think he's EVER been an Avenger, even in the comics... at least not that I can remember...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
S'melya, her suckup, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #253
jmaf26
Newbie First Class

Quote:
I don't know about THIS series, but Falcon for sure is in the Assemble series coming up...

as for Samson, I just don't see him as an Avenger... I don't think he's EVER been an Avenger, even in the comics... at least not that I can remember...
i dont know if they could be avengers or not, but they appear in the image that was shown before starting the season with all the heroes. I think that they will be helpfull in the final part of the series, for exemple the battle with the krees or galactus

Old 06-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #254
THUNDERSTRIKE
COLBERT, GODDAMMIT!

Quote:
i dont know if they could be avengers or not, but they appear in the image that was shown before starting the season with all the heroes. I think that they will be helpfull in the final part of the series, for exemple the battle with the krees or galactus

well, the Avengers will need all the help that they can get when the Galactus series ender finally arrives...

they'll probably end up being Avengers reservists...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
Old 06-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #255
jmaf26
Newbie First Class

Quote:
well, the Avengers will need all the help that they can get when the Galactus series ender finally arrives...

they'll probably end up being Avengers reservists...
i would like to see more heroes appearing like scarlett witch or quicksilver,not appearing only in the wall of fury jeje. Otherwise for exemple the rumor that said that silver surfer will appear because the plot said that the heralds ofgalactus will appear, and why will not appear the most famous herald?

Old 06-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #256
THUNDERSTRIKE
COLBERT, GODDAMMIT!

Quote:
i would like to see more heroes appearing like scarlett witch or quicksilver,not appearing only in the wall of fury jeje. Otherwise for exemple the rumor that said that silver surfer will appear because the plot said that the heralds ofgalactus will appear, and why will not appear the most famous herald?

always DID like Pietro and Wanda, they're not the ORIGINAL Avengers but they WERE the very first replacements for the original Avengers...

and I'd love to see ALL the heralds in the Galactus ep, Surfer, Terrax, Frankie Raye and that other one I forget...

Seer.

TYALYZE
Old 06-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #257
jmaf26
Newbie First Class

Quote:
always DID like Pietro and Wanda, they're not the ORIGINAL Avengers but they WERE the very first replacements for the original Avengers...

and I'd love to see ALL the heralds in the Galactus ep, Surfer, Terrax, Frankie Raye and that other one I forget...
in my opinion, the heroes just missed were only those of a enormous power like ares, sentry she hulk or hercules. All the greatest heroes of the avengers universe have appear, maybe the mutans would have missed too, but i think that all of them would have appeared on a thrid season that principal argumments could have been civil war and ragnarok (by surtur)

Old 06-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #258
THUNDERSTRIKE
COLBERT, GODDAMMIT!

Quote:
in my opinion, the heroes just missed were only those of a enormous power like ares, sentry she hulk or hercules. All the greatest heroes of the avengers universe have appear, maybe the mutans would have missed too, but i think that all of them would have appeared on a thrid season that principal argumments could have been civil war and ragnarok (by surtur)
well, we'll never know how a third season would have went...

maybe whatever plans they may have had for the third season might be transferred to the new Assemble show... I'm sure there were scripts for potential storylines and characters in this series that could possibly be utilized in the new series...

who knows?

Seer.

TYALYZE
Old 06-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #259
jmaf26
Newbie First Class

Quote:
well, we'll never know how a third season would have went...

maybe whatever plans they may have had for the third season might be transferred to the new Assemble show... I'm sure there were scripts for potential storylines and characters in this series that could possibly be utilized in the new series...

who knows?
we will know in january of 2013. The good fact is that they could use all comics characters, because they have the rights of all, including spiderman. I expect a very good serie, with a very good animation quality and interesting stories, and i hope they have histories of all marvel universe, including FF X-men or spiderman, and daredevil (this is unlikely, because daredevil is a forever alone heroe)

Old 06-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #260
THUNDERSTRIKE
COLBERT, GODDAMMIT!

Quote:
we will know in january of 2013. The good fact is that they could use all comics characters, because they have the rights of all, including spiderman. I expect a very good serie, with a very good animation quality and interesting stories, and i hope they have histories of all marvel universe, including FF X-men or spiderman, and daredevil (this is unlikely, because daredevil is a forever alone heroe)

I have hopes for the new series and I WILL give the first few episodes a chance...

but I am really not thrilled with the creative team in charge and the decisions those two have made in the past...

but that's a peeve of mine and a whole 'nother story...

but we shall see...

Seer.

TYALYZE
Old 06-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #261
Anatale

Quote:
On the other way i think the opposite.Maybe i'm wrong,but i think the cartoon is gonna be more centric in his own universe... desenvolving the avengers personalitys and historys!

Anatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #262
jmaf26
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatale View Post
On the other way i think the opposite.Maybe i'm wrong,but i think the cartoon is gonna be more centric in his own universe... desenvolving the avengers personalitys and historys!
Thinking about it, is the most probably way. For exemple what happened in budapest, that thing that hawkeye and black widow remember different, what happen in sao paulo with black widow, her assasin beginnin, all those could be good stories to develop in avengers assamble

Old 06-19-2012, 02:53 AM   #263
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Another week, another couple of episodes of "AVENGERS: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES" from the land down under. At this point there are now only six episodes left unaired anywhere for this season/series. Spoilers, naturally.

"EMPEROR STARK"
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
is an interesting and a bit of an unexpected episode written by Chris Yost and virtually starring Vision (voiced by Peter Jessop). This episode actually jives poorly with "YELLOWJACKET" since in that episode Vision appeared to be whole, while this episode seems to take place soon after "ULTRON UNLIMITED" where Vision was heavily damaged. While MAN OF ACTION did write "YELLOWJACKET", I believe somewhere online stated it was an animation error, which happens to be best of shows. Even "YOUNG JUSTICE" has some of them. This plot also seems loosely inspired from I believe an EXILES story, but I could be wrong. The gist is that Vision is put to sleep to undergo a month of repairs, but when he awakens he finds that Tony Stark has essentially taken over the world and he guards over it with his Avengers as well as towering Sentinel-like Iron Man armors with an...iron fist. Finding it illogical that either Stark or the Avengers would act this way - after all, his respect for their humanity caused him to turn on his "father", Ultron - Vision sets out to investigate and finds that even Captain America is under the thrall. Vision eventually manages to use his own memory recordings to get Cap back to his senses, and while it seems Iron Man has gone Dr. Doom on everyone, a peek at the eyes will reveal that not all is right.

While this episode is a sequel to "ULTRON UNLIMITED", it takes a bit of a risk as it introduces a new villain who has absolutely nothing to do with any of the subplots or even any of the general themes of the season. Even Annihilus in "ASSAULT ON 42" matched the theme of "space stuff" for the season. If the hints of purple in the eyes of the Avengers or the glowing purple energy over Stark Tower weren't enough of a clue, the villain of the piece turns out to be Purple Man. At best he was one of the villains who escaped during "THE BREAK OUT" who didn't show up until now. He's voiced by Brent Spiner, who recently had fans debating over his portrayal of the Joker on "YOUNG JUSTICE" last season. The dilemma with that role is that virtually anyone who voices Joker will always be compared to Mark Hamill, for good or ill. This role, however, comes with no such high pedigree so Spiner's voice is allowed to be judged on its own (for the record I didn't care for Spiner's Joker but I didn't consider it as horrid as some people did). While he didn't dazzle me as much as Jeffery Combs' Leader, Spiner does a good job voicing the controlling and all around creepy Purple Man. The character design is even made more creepy to give him odd "scars" instead of just making him, well...a purple man. Even the concept of him getting Stark to amplify his powers to a global scale is based on a comic story, only in that case Dr. Doom did it. Highlights include the confrontation between Cap and Hawkeye (and how Cap gets through to Clint) and some of the stuff at the end where Stark reveals that while Purple Man had him under control, he essentially twisted ideas that Stark had all along for "fixing" the world.

There are some demerits. There is a bit where Vision has to battle a mind-controlled Thor and everyone doubts that Vision can duel him long; isn't this the same Vision that routinely pummeled Cap AND Thor in "BEHOLD...THE VISION"? It reminds me of RPG's where you fight a boss character who ultimately joins your squad, and they're never as powerful as when they were a boss again. The back story of how Iron Man met Purple Man is a bit rushed and I got the feeling that Yost wanted to do with Purple Man something similar to what "JUSTICE LEAGUE" did with Dr. Destiny in "ONLY A DREAM" - have a creepy guy out of nowhere take over the heroes while they (or in this case, the Vision) slept. Overall the effect is fine, but this episode is half the length of "ONLY A DREAM" and so some things seem rushed. That said, that's really only because this show has been so routinely adept at building up most major enemies that it has been a while since we had too many who appeared as the threat of the week. There is a part of me that finds it odd that the same world where the DAILY BUGLE and the public considered Cap a traitor for a bit after "SECRET INVASION" and Dell Rusk is the Avengers' enemy within the U.S. government that the world would immediately shrug it's shoulders once Purple Man is beaten down, but I suppose that's part of the obligation.

Aside for that, this was a great spotlight episode for Vision as well as quite a few other characters like Cap and Iron Man. Purple Man proved to naturally be a different kind of villain, more reliant on guile and mind control than any physical power. Of course he's probably the second purple themed villain who had it in for Stark; the first was Wonder Man. Apparently purple is like Kryptonite to Iron Man. This was also a far better outing for Purple Man than "NO MAN IS AN ISLAND" from the 90's X-MEN series (which was itself bizarre that a guy who was at that time a C-List Daredevil villain popped up on an X-Men show). Compared to many of the episodes which came before and since this one might seem a bit like a "one shot" tale, but those are often good to break up some of the tension.

Next up is "CODE RED"
which picks up where "NIGHTMARE IN RED" left off with the Dell Rusk subplot. It also pays homage to a Geoff Johns story arc in AVENGERS from roughly a decade ago before DC Comics locked him up. The gist is naturally that the Sec. of Defense Dell Rusk has it in for the Avengers, which to this end have included creating an evil Red Hulk via a stolen gamma blood sample from SHIELD, employing other operatives such as Doc Samson, Falcon, and the mysterious Winter Soldier, and arranging to have the Hulk framed and then arrested by the Hulkbusters. The latter, naturally, was aided along by the Skrulls. Now Rusk seems to be taking things onto the offensive, as his lectures against the Avengers on TV coincide with a mysterious red gas attack on the Mansion, which infects not only most of the team but civilians within a radius of the Mansion as well. Rusk blames the gas attack on the Avengers and uses that as an excuse to have them arrested, but naturally all is not as it seems.

This is written by MAN OF ACTION, and while their first episode for the show, "POWERLESS", was an underwhelming bore, this episode continues the upswing from "YELLOWJACKET" (which was good even if a bit strange). After seeing their work in "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN", I am always amazed when any script for Marvel Animation from MAN OF ACTION approaches coherence, much less competence. While there are a few nitpicks for this one, this episode was actually stronger IMO than "YELLOWJACKET" was; even if it was probably aided from being part of a storyline.

This episode also makes it quite obvious who Dell Rusk is, as if the rearranged name or Steve Blum's voice overs didn't clue in some viewers. The red gas causes anyone effected to keel over and their skin to tighten to the point that their faces seem to become red skulls. Capt. America is especially horrified as he's seen this before. Poor Wasp is reduced to a mostly thankless cameo here as she along with Cap, Hawkeye, Black Panther and ultimately Ms. Marvel all become effected by the gas, which the "red team" capitalizes on. Only Iron Man and Thor remain immune; the Vision is omitted from this episode perhaps because he would have been immune as well. The Red Hulk is dispatched to deal with Thor and the pair have a duel at the feet of the Statue Of Liberty, while the rest of the team have to deal with an invasion in the Mansion. Ultimately, the Winter Soldier kidnaps Cap and brings him to the feet of Dell Rusk, who stands revealed as Cap's arch nemesis from all those decades ago.

There are a lot of unanswered questions to this episode, namely how the Red Skull survived all these decades. In fairness, the satellite assisted "cure injection" shot Iron Man attempts to make to save Cap borders on the ridiculous, but considering this is a show that features gamma-mutants and gods I'll let it slide. Comic fans will know the Winter Soldier is in fact Bucky from WWII, who was zapped into modern day in "HAIL HYDRA" last season, although it doesn't explain why he is now so much older. I am willing to suspend some judgement about this since the next episode is titled "WINTER SOLDIER" and may likely answer some if not all of these questions. Blum as always turns in a great performance as the Red Skull, whose design matches that of the Mark Gruenwald era of CAPTAIN AMERICA with the business suit. It is a bit simplistic that the major dilemma of having an evil secretary of defense after the Avengers is unraveled from a televised fight on the front lawn of D.C., but with only six episodes to go I suppose it couldn't be drug out much further. If the series were longer I imagine it was something which could have been really fleshed out, but with so much crammed into this season it will have to suffice to have been one of several B-plots to the season. The biggest highlight for me was probably Thor smacking down Red Hulk a bit; you pummel that soulless Jeph Loeb Gary Stu, thunder god. Pummel him GOOD.

Considering the Red Skull is one of the most well known and longest term villains in the Marvel Universe, it is perhaps surprising that this has been his first animated appearance in roughly 14 years, since "OLD SOLDIERS" from the 90's X-MEN show, or the final season of the 90's "SPIDER-MAN: TAS". I was especially surprised that his trademark "dust of death" was used in a cartoon and had such graphic effect on it's victims. That sort of thing would have never flown in the 90's. It naturally would have taken Red Skull years to move up the ladder of government command and there is no telling what else he may have set into motion during his time there, even if it call came crashing down because he couldn't resist a final confrontation with his WWII nemesis. Frankly, I was pleased that it wasn't a Cosmic Cube story, since that trinket seems to always be attached at the hip to Red Skull. I was a little disappointed that Crossbones and Sin didn't turn up, but for all we know they could appear in "WINTER SOLDIER" - as I imagine so could Black Widow.

Overall, a great episode even if a bit simplistic at times featuring one of the greatest Marvel villains they have. It is a bit of a shame that Red Skull really only got 3 episodes to him over the course of the series, but that's more than some other villains have had and about equal with Ultron this season.
Brian Bloom continues to own as Captain America and considering that the inclusion of MAN OF ACTION has only resulted in one ruined episode so far, I'm once again anticipating the finale to this series. If it is even half as good as the end to "SECRET INVASION", then it will truly be a triumphant note to end on.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:48 AM   #264
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
Another week, another couple of episodes of "AVENGERS: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES" from the land down under. At this point there are now only six episodes left unaired anywhere for this season/series. Spoilers, naturally.

"EMPEROR STARK"
There are some demerits. There is a bit where Vision has to battle a mind-controlled Thor and everyone doubts that Vision can duel him long; isn't this the same Vision that routinely pummeled Cap AND Thor in "BEHOLD...THE VISION"? It reminds me of RPG's where you fight a boss character who ultimately joins your squad, and they're never as powerful as when they were a boss again.
Vision pummeled Thor & Cap in his first appearance because it fits the "overpowered new guy" theme that's been going on since "Living Legend".

Their scuffles in "Emperor Stark" is pretty much how fights between them should go, which is Vision holding his own until Thor overpowers him.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #265
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Considering Vision can change his density as far as I'm concerned he is certain damn powerful and could beat anyone with ease. The way I see it is that now he is more in touch with humanity it limits his coldness so he doesn't have as sharper reflexes. Plus he's holding back because he doesn't want to hurt his new teammates even if they are acting wrong.

RaZaTrOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #266
Cyclonus
Side-Kick

Man, what ever happend to the rumored X-Men making appearance in the show?? How the last few episodes are lined up, it doesnt seem like they will be in any of them, except maybe the finale with Galactus?

Cyclonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #267
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
Man, what ever happend to the rumored X-Men making appearance in the show?? How the last few episodes are lined up, it doesnt seem like they will be in any of them, except maybe the finale with Galactus?
Uh, just rumors...?

venomfangs125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:42 AM   #268
THUNDERSTRIKE
COLBERT, GODDAMMIT!

more new stuff out there today...

Seer.

TYALYZE
Old 06-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #269
jmaf26
Newbie First Class

winter soldier is on air. Lets see how it is, if you want a link, send me a pm

Old 06-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #270
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

It felt like a continuation of the last episode and it was very emotional for Cap and Bucky

bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #271
LEGO Spidey
Side-Kick

The Deadliest Man Alive is also up!

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes!!!
LEGO Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #272
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Winter Soldier was done in the best traditions of the early Jack Kirby Cap stories and the modern ones by Ed Brubaker, which is not a bad mix at all. Some problems were solved, some were not and probably won't be, since there is no such thing as Season 3 anymore, but at least we've got a decent treatment of the classic bromance along with a great homage to the legendary Marvel comic books.

"Thereís a punk rock quality to Peter Parker thatís really irreverent and fun and thatís something that Andrew embodies in a way that we havenít seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or thereís a darker projection, but weíre very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
RealIrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #273
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

The deadliest man alive had out of character moments towards the hulk especially in this cartoon.

bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #274
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

The Deadliest Man Alive was totally okay. Nothing too bad, nor outstanding. A rather goofy and funny episode, in a good way, I suppose (laughed out loud, when they made fun of Brian Bendis' pointless Avengers run, where Rulk tries to be a hero). Loved the Hulkbuster Armor cameo and the interaction between Cap & Hulk. The end was true to the character of the Green Goliath, so I'm not complaining at all. I'll really miss this show's Hulk, should they turn him into the mindless creature in 2013's Avengers Assemble.

"Thereís a punk rock quality to Peter Parker thatís really irreverent and fun and thatís something that Andrew embodies in a way that we havenít seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or thereís a darker projection, but weíre very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
RealIrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #275
SaF
Side-Kick

AGH I knew this was going to happen at the end of 'deadliest man alive' >.< DAMM IT

I know that its more in character to have him go off by himself, but seriously!? Now he'll only be back for the big end of season fight.... after 12 episodes away! this sucks. And I knew it was coming... there are so many avengers now some of the old ones had to go, the writers said several would be leaving in those little 'make of season 2' spots they did.... and as much as I dislike it being Hulk, I know he's not a traditional avenger so of course he'd be on the chopping block. Ugh am in full rant mode, can't even write about all the ace bits of code red, winter soldier and this ep that I liked >.<

Also, I hate red hulk or rulk or whatever he's called. So much. Who's idea was that character? I'm guessing he's in the comics?

SaF is offline   Reply With Quote