The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Old 06-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #151
TheCorpulent1
Rory PAOUNCH!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Avengers cartoon - Part 5

Both of them don't need to appear in this show. The whole New Avengers concept irritates me. Make the f***ing Vision an Avenger already instead of dilly-dallying with the likes of Luke Cage and Wolverine.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:27 AM   #152
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Both of them don't need to appear in this show. The whole New Avengers concept irritates me. Make the f***ing Vision an Avenger already instead of dilly-dallying with the likes of Luke Cage and Wolverine.
QFT

I'm with you on this my friend and Luke Cage is one of my favorite heroes.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:03 AM   #153
LEGO Spidey
Side-Kick

So the whole Surtur arc is getting wrapped up in just ONE episode? Uh-oh...

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes!!!
LEGO Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:08 AM   #154
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_man_2 View Post
I knowww

GOT DAMMIT!

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 06-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #155
THUNDERSTRIKE
COLBERT, GODDAMMIT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Spider-Man is far more over exposed than Wolverine, it's not even close really.
oh, I have DEFINITELY have got to disagree with that...

at least with Spidey in the comics, we don't get a character whose mythology and back history is so out of control and so convoluted with constant new additions and revelations about his past that just never seems to end...

who gives a s**t... I certainly don't...

while in the animated field, it's Marvel's way of just shoving Wolverine down everyone's throats in every way possible into every other animated they have...and that's ONLY because he's merely the most recognized mutant out of the lot... and who's not even REMOTELY interesting in the LEAST, be it in comic form or ESPECIALLY in toon form...

when it REALLY comes right down to it, what's he REALLY got going for himself?... the same thing that he's had from Day One... sharp claws and an annoyingly bad attitude...

wow, what a really interesting character... ...

and the biggest shame of it all is that Marvel treats Wolverine as if he's the be-all and end-all of the X Universe... and he's NOT...

when it comes to Wolverine, the term "ad nauseum" is QUITE appropriate and well-deserved...

HEAVY emphasis on the nausea...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
S'melya, her suckup, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #156
TheCorpulent1
Rory PAOUNCH!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_man_2 View Post
As long as that episode stays true to the Simonson influence so far and features Thor, Odin, and Loki teaming up to fight Surtur, I'll be happy.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #157
LEGO Spidey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
As long as that episode stays true to the Simonson influence so far and features Thor, Odin, and Loki teaming up to fight Surtur, I'll be happy.
- For Asgard!
- For Midgard!
- For myself!

That's all I really want to hear in such an episode.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #158
Cyclonus
Side-Kick

Man, I thought atleast few new episodes would be appearing online this week by now..

Cyclonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #159
Arthur Curry
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: Avengers cartoon - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
Man, I thought atleast few new episodes would be appearing online this week by now..
AGREED!!! It's been a while since the last batch, it would seemingly be due about now??? They're not turning up in my usual DL places either. Being a stupid American it's impossible to figure the Aussie TV AEMH airing trends.

It's frustrating for me as this huge Cap zealot because the Red Skull and Winter Soldier are in this next batch. And if we strictly relied on US airings I would be livid and violent because we'd be like 10 eps back.

Arthur Curry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #160
THUNDERSTRIKE
COLBERT, GODDAMMIT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Curry View Post
AGREED!!! It's been a while since the last batch, it would seemingly be due about now??? They're not turning up in my usual DL places either. Being a stupid American it's impossible to figure the Aussie TV AEMH airing trends.

It's frustrating for me as this huge Cap zealot because the Red Skull and Winter Soldier are in this next batch. And if we strictly relied on US airings I would be livid and violent because we'd be like 10 eps back.
if my math is correct, we're actually 18 episodes behind...

oops, never mind, my bad... you're right... only 10 eps behind...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
Old 06-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #161
Arthur Curry
Side-Kick

Th Cool Re: Avengers cartoon - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
if my math is correct, we're actually 18 episodes behind...

oops, never mind, my bad... you're right... only 10 eps behind...
The last one in the US was "The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill" which was soooo long ago to me now after having seen every ep to "Yellow Jacket" it literally seems like a lifetime ago.

US airings are so sparse, unnecessarily/ineffectively calculated, and cheesy that I don't think they'll get through season 2 till about October or November of the Fall. And for we hardcores it will be old hat by the time say "Yellow Jacket" airs in the US just like season 1 was.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #162
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:

at least with Spidey in the comics, we don't get a character whose mythology and back history is so out of control and so convoluted with constant new additions and revelations about his past that just never seems to end...

while in the animated field, it's Marvel's way of just shoving Wolverine down everyone's throats in every way possible into every other animated they have...and that's ONLY because he's merely the most recognized mutant out of the lot... and who's not even REMOTELY interesting in the LEAST, be it in comic form or ESPECIALLY in toon form...

when it REALLY comes right down to it, what's he REALLY got going for himself?... the same thing that he's had from Day One... sharp claws and an annoyingly bad attitude...

and the biggest shame of it all is that Marvel treats Wolverine as if he's the be-all and end-all of the X Universe... and he's NOT...

when it comes to Wolverine, the term "ad nauseum" is QUITE appropriate and well-deserved...

I always thought of Spidey & Wolvie as evenly matched in the overexposed department, but yeah, seeing more Wolverine gives me some bad nausea as well.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #163
Arthur Curry
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
I always thought of Spidey & Wolvie as evenly matched in the overexposed department, but yeah, seeing more Wolverine gives me some bad nausea as well.
The problem I have with mostly Pantro is I don't see these other velvet-rope, snobby shows of the X or Spidey-verse properties returning the favor on their past shows for needed exposure of the Avengers characters when it counted.

When I watched SPEC SPIDER-MAN, WOLV X-MEN, X-MEN EVOLUTION, MTV SPIDER-MAN I didn't see virtually ANY of these shows reaching out or making any attempt to give a nice stage to like a Cap or IM or Thor. As far as I'm concerned it's payback time for all the overexposure SpM and X have gotten. But as we can see these guys just can't help themselves as Spidey and Wolvie both show up seas2.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #164
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

I'm working on a theory regarding the new 'Avengers: Assemble' cartoon. I won't be able to put it to the test until the show airs, but every time I read something about 'Assemble' I can't help wondering. My theory is this:

There is nothing that Marvel plans to do with 'Assemble' that they couldn't just do with 'EMH.'

I'd be happy to have someone prove me wrong, but I'm starting to sense that EMH was cancelled for mysterious internal reasons that have nothing to do with the show itself. They want 'Assemble' to resemble the Cinematic universe? EMH was doing that just fine already. Appeal to kids and hardcore fans? Check. Highly ambitious and expensive? Duh. What else is there? Everyone who shows up in the movie has already appeared on the show, except maybe Agent Coulson, and they could just add him to the show in Season 3. Am I missing something here?

Old 06-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #165
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:

Spidey's had like 10 different animated series, four different films, and 20 different videogames so I'm positive he's had more exposure.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 06-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #166
THUNDERSTRIKE
COLBERT, GODDAMMIT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Spidey's had like 10 different animated series, four different films, and 20 different videogames so I'm positive he's had more exposure.

only because he's the flagship character and face of Marvel... Wolverine is NOT...

Seer.

TYALYZE
Old 06-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #167
LEGO Spidey
Side-Kick

Quote:
only because he's the flagship character and face of Marvel... Wolverine is NOT...
And let's hope it stays that way. Spidey is actually an engaging character, unlike the caricature Wolverine has become since at least the 90's.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #168
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
That's no excuse for over exposure, besides Wolverine is the flagship character for the X-Men.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 06-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #169
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Final episode description is up:

http://www.abc.net.au/abc3/shows/gui...ZX8905A026.htm

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #170
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I like wolverine and spiderman. And batman and superman. I see these four heroes all the time. But I still love em

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #171
Anatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post

Wow man,Galactus?!? This is going to be awesome! The only thing is disappointing to me is don't see the end of the Surtur arc . Only if AEHM have one more season... Stupid Loeb.
By the way,this is my first post,i've been following the post's and seeing this awesome show for a time and all the awesome people here that love the avengers universe as well .Sorry if i wrote something incorrectly.

Anatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #172
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
I like wolverine and spiderman. And batman and superman. I see these four heroes all the time. But I still love em
Yeah but people already know and love them, let other heroes get their just reward for a change.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 06-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #173
IronGirl299
Don't let it control you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnWarrior View Post
I'm working on a theory regarding the new 'Avengers: Assemble' cartoon. I won't be able to put it to the test until the show airs, but every time I read something about 'Assemble' I can't help wondering. My theory is this:

There is nothing that Marvel plans to do with 'Assemble' that they couldn't just do with 'EMH.'

I'd be happy to have someone prove me wrong, but I'm starting to sense that EMH was cancelled for mysterious internal reasons that have nothing to do with the show itself. They want 'Assemble' to resemble the Cinematic universe? EMH was doing that just fine already. Appeal to kids and hardcore fans? Check. Highly ambitious and expensive? Duh. What else is there? Everyone who shows up in the movie has already appeared on the show, except maybe Agent Coulson, and they could just add him to the show in Season 3. Am I missing something here?
Nope. Exactly what I was thinking. I can see me in 2013 watching an Avengers Assemble episode and going 'reminds me of that one plot they used for EMH' or 'This could've happened in EMH!' It's sad and a waste of time, talent and juicy Avengery goodness. They better really bring it with this new one.

I am a hopeless Hiddles fangirl!

IronGirl299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #174
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Give it a rest. They want a new show closer to the movie that's breaking records all over the world. Makes perfect sense.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #175
jmaf26
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
i think that the image of all super heroes that have appeared on this season belongs to this episode. Think about it, is galactus they need all the firepower

jmaf26 is offline   Reply With Quote