Xavier,Magneto,Wolverine,Kitty.With Iceman sent back In Time 1 3.70%
Xavier,Magneto,Kitty,Iceman.With Angel sent back In Time 2 7.41%
Xavier,Magneto,Rogue,Iceman.With Wolverine sent back In Time 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #51
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

What they're doing is pretty genius. They're basically combining X4 & First Class 2. First Class was brilliant, but this can be the ultimate Marvel CBM.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #52
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

~nothing to see here~

Last edited by Mulholland-Jr; 06-05-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #53
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

~nothing to see here~

Last edited by Mulholland-Jr; 06-05-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #54
def28
Side-Kick

You leave your computer on at work?

Maybe we will see Rachel Summers eh? Hopefully by comic con this DOFP rumor will be confirmed.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #55
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
U leave your computer on at wrk?

Maybe we will see RAchel Summers eh?
Yeah... um sorry you had to see that.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #56
Project862006
Banned User

we need ian and fassbender in the same scene!!

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #57
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Yeah... um sorry you had to see that.
At least you caught it quick haha. **** happens.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #58
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

Keep the old X-Men out of this. I want to continue liking and coming to know the new kids.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #59
BMM
Side-Kick

Yeah, if this storyline is in fact being used for First Class 2, I'm a bit concerned what this means for the development of some of the characters we were just introduced to.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #60
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

FOX is clearly trying to catch up to Whedon's CBM with this bold move. DOFP is the X-Men story I think EVERY CBM fan wants to see. If done right, it can be incredible both critically & commercially. Cap 2, Black Panther, Ant-Man...who cares? DAYS OF FUTURE PAST will make 2014 for me.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #61
OsGom
Mind-Taker

Days of Future Past is one the greatest classic story arcs and frankly, after what Fox did with the Dark Phoenix saga, I am filled with more than a little anxiety as to how they will handle it.

Taking current continuity taken into consideration, I can already see they most likely won't use Kitty/Kate as the conduit as she has not been born. Jackman will just be finishing filming on The Wolverine and already has another project lined up following that. So most likely, no Jackman, but I'm not opposed to recasting. Also I am sure there will be considerable temptation to involve all sorts of time traveling mutants like Cable, Bishop and Apocalypse. I personally think that would be a mistake. Days of Future Past is an excellent stand alone arc and shouldn't be sullied by shoehorning in characters for popularity's sake.

If we look at the story, Kate Pryde from a future where mutants are basically enslaved and kept in concentration camps, has her consciousness sent through time to her younger self, (a new Xman recruit). The objective is to stop the assassination of Robert Kelly by the Brotherhood, an event that acted as a catalyst to usher in the dark mutant future, thus changing the timeline.

I realize there is no way they are going to be able to faithfully adapt the source material but we can at least agree that some sort of time travel is involved. Will it be a flatout time traveling mutant or will there be a mutant in current continuity serving as a conduit of their future self?

Another burning question is will Fox have the guts to show the future Xmen being massacred which is an event that is crucial to the balance of the orginal story?

I didn't have a problem with XMFC mainly because Vaughn and co. were adapting stories from a mostly underdeveloped period in Xmen mythology. Handling a classic arc like this is an entirely different animal and as I've already pointed out, Fox flatout muffed the Dark Phoenix saga.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #62
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If you consider how X2 adapted God Loves Man Kills we would probally get this

a 10-15 minute opening sequenze set In future after Sentinles have been unleashed on world.Sentinles attacking the mansion and one character traveling back In time.

The Brootherhood planning a major event which In future will lead to Sentinles.

The character traveling to past Interacting with First Class era Xavier and X-Men.And working with them to stop Magneto and Brotherhood.

The character from future leaves the first Class era.The X-Men won't know rather they have changed history or what effort their actions have had on the future.

It doesn't matter what Marvel studios may 2014 release will be.It will have nothing on this sequel.I would feel better on Cap 2 If Joss Whedon was Involved.He showed he
got cap better than those who did Cap 1.

with original film actors appearing and buzz over first film the sequel will be huge.without going Into adjusting for infliration.X2 and last stand did better than Thor and Cap domesticly.Even Wolverine did better than Cap.Thor domesticly did about what Wolverine did.

For comics fans adaptan of days of future past will be huge.In trailer have shots of CGI Sentinles and shot of jackman and you can get the GA pumped.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #63
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Yeah, if this storyline is in fact being used for First Class 2, I'm a bit concerned what this means for the development of some of the characters we were just introduced to.

I don't see how they would get much of any development. Especially if a big character/actor does the time traveling and joins young Xavier and Magneto. And if there is any kind of duel time lines where we have to jump back and forth in time through out the film than that could easily eat away at the young FC character's screen time.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #64
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
Keep the old X-Men out of this. I want to continue liking and coming to know the new kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Agreed with both.

They can do Days of FP later. its a really Big/epic saga, why so soon?

We have a great cast on First Class, they can clearly do a 60's trilogy, adding Polaris and Sunfire on Second Class, and Scott, Jean and Ororo on the third part.

What a perfect prequel trilogy that would be!

and then, they can do the Ultimate EPIC X-men movie with the old cast, with Days of future past, with just one last sequel or that Singer treatment about X4 and X5.

What would you preffer?

Days of future past on next movie and maybe no more sequels?

or a Whole trilogy in the past until introducing Scott and Jean, and then move to the future with the most famous x-men?

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #65
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Jackman will not sit this one out. He'll headline it, along with Fassbender. He'd also be shooting it shortly after wrapping The Wolverine, so he'd still have the mindset & physique for playing the character again. Jackman alone will make the film a hundred million on opening weekend. The film's quality can add another 300 to that.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #66
OsGom
Mind-Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It doesn't matter what Marvel studios may 2014 release will be.It will have nothing on this sequel.I would feel better on Cap 2 If Joss Whedon was Involved.He showed he
got cap better than those who did Cap 1.

with original film actors appearing and buzz over first film the sequel will be huge.without going Into adjusting for infliration.X2 and last stand did better than Thor and Cap domesticly.Even Wolverine did better than Cap.Thor domesticly did about what Wolverine did.

For comics fans adaptan of days of future past will be huge.In trailer have shots of CGI Sentinles and shot of jackman and you can get the GA pumped.
I admire your enthusiam but why is everything a pissing contest with Marvel Studios?

The Last Stand and Wolverine did better domestically ... blah blah blah. They also sucked, big time! as well as trashing an iconic Xmen arc.

I am looking forward to The Wolverine to see how that turns out but honestly I am not optimistic despite the admirable job Fox did with FC.

2014 will be great for ALL the potentially great adaptations on the horizon. I only hope they fulfill our expectations.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #67
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I am pointing what Last Stand and wolverine did box office wise.People by know know I don't put those 2 films In high regard.X-Men,X2,and First Class yes.Not Last Stand and
Wolverine.Besides The Avengers Marvel studios can't touch X-Men,X2,and First Class.If Joss Whedon was doing more of their films that would change.The chances for Box office
success Is now even higher for this film.

Marvel Is apparently blowing a big opportunity to become more than Avengers by having Black Panther as their may 2014 release.

The Wolverine Is 2013 comic book film I most anticapting just like this Is my most anticapted 2014 comic book film.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #68
Snikt
Side-Kick

I REALL REALLY want confirmation of this story. But really, what else does FOX have on its plate with DAYS OF FUTURE PAST in the title besides an X-Men film.

I'm hoping this film comes to light in the way we all know it can. Cuz for me, this this would be a really cool opportunity to show something that hasn't really been seen in recent superhero films; the sci-fi element of time travel and alternate futures.

And I feel it could give every X-Men fan something they want: Wolverine returning to X-Men films, possible Sentinels, Bishop or Cable, a return of Cyclops and other X-Men returning, Kitty Pryde playing a big role and seeing Jackman, Fassbender, Stewart and McKellen going toe-to-toe

Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #69
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I expect Thor and Cap sequels will do far better than the preceding films after the Avengers, but I agree that this X-Men film has the potential to OWN the year 2014 as far as comic book films go.

I appreciate the fears that a story as big as this is coming too early in a new franchise, but honestly, why wait? Why play some smaller, safer stories and not try to make the X-Men epic fans have been calling for? An appearence from the original cast would be great, and they're not getting any younger. I say aim high, be ambitious, blow your load. If it works as well as it should, try and blow it again next time lol.

... God I hope this turns out to be more than a rumour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
And I feel it could give every X-Men fan something they want: Wolverine returning to X-Men films, possible Sentinels, Bishop or Cable, a return of Cyclops and other X-Men returning, Kitty Pryde playing a big role and seeing Jackman, Fassbender, Stewart and McKellen going toe-to-toe
I pray for the return of Marsden as Cyclops, but I highly doubt it.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #70
Franklin Richards
Banned User

I wanna see Franklin Richards.

Franklin Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #71
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

And **** the idea of Wolverine being in it.

Blitzkrieg Bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #72
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
And **** the idea of Wolverine being in it.
LMAO. Well he and Kitty are two HUGE characters in this particular story. Wolverine more so in the future sequences. Basically all the X-Men are either dead or captured except Wolvie and Kitty

Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #73
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

They can take the premise, although time travel seems out of place here; but they are not obligated to use any of the characters from the comic.

Blitzkrieg Bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #74
Legion
Side-Kick

Although its being called Days of Future Past...I was jut thinking what if it turns out to be more like the Age of Apocalypse?

I was thinking of the time travel method...I don' think a time machine would work in this Universe but a mutant who can time travel would be very interesting.

So what would drive the plot, what would be the motivation for this journey through time? Well if they introduced Legion, professor X's son, he would have motivation to avenge his father's death and preserve his dream by traveling in the past to kill a young Magneto.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #75
magneto23
Side-Kick

The more I think about it the more I really don't like the idea and hope they don't go down this road. For starters, the continuity is so fu#ked in these films a DOFP story will only make things worse IMO. Secondly, I don't want a X-Men 4/FC2 two for one deal. I just want a First Class sequel. I want to see more of the characters/actors we just met. We don't need to see the characters/actors from the original trilogy. They had their time we saw their story. Its done as far as I'm concerned. And we don't need to see any more Wolverine. 5 films dedicated to him is enough.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote