The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Pllays of future past First Class sequel Characters
Xavier,Magneto,Cyclops,Wolverine.with Rogue sent back In time 5 18.52%
Xavier,Magneto,Cyclops,Wolverine,Iceman.With Kitty sent back In Time 15 55.56%
Xavier,Magneto,Wolverine,Kitty.With Iceman sent back In Time 1 3.70%
Xavier,Magneto,Kitty,Iceman.With Angel sent back In Time 2 7.41%
Xavier,Magneto,Rogue,Iceman.With Wolverine sent back In Time 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #76
blueserenity
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wild wild west
Posts: 483
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

If this is true looks like I'll have to eat my words about there being no sentinels or time travel in the movieverse.

But I hope it isn't true. I really don't want to see any of the old X-Men in this. I think there would just be waaaay too many characters to deal with when they should be focusing on the few that they have already. That was what made XMFC so fresh and awesome; focusing on character development above all else, above action and tributes to the comics. There are only two things I need to see in XMFC2: the characters dealing with the aftermath of Cuba (Charles in particular, as he has lost the most), and Erik's reaction to learning he paralysed Charles. If DOFP is on the horizon, I think both these elements are going to get shafted...

Also I plain don't want time travel or Sentinels in these movies. I liked the realism and history tie-ins...

FOX does own X-Men in every form, right? So they could just be developing an animated movie, the way that DC does with Bats and Superman.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #77
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,357
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

Fox only has live action rights.marvel retains Animated rights.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #78
blueserenity
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wild wild west
Posts: 483
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
The more I think about it the more I really don't like the idea and hope they don't go down this road. For starters, the continuity is so fu#ked in these films a DOFP story will only make things worse IMO. Secondly, I don't want a X-Men 4/FC2 two for one deal. I just want a First Class sequel. I want to see more of the characters/actors we just met. We don't need to see the characters/actors from the original trilogy. They had their time we saw their story. Its done as far as I'm concerned. And we don't need to see any more Wolverine. 5 films dedicated to him is enough.
Exactly. I expect more from Vaughn than a 2 for one movie. Once the XMFC trilogy is completed, THEN they can start talking about a 2 for 1. It'd be like the Avengers movie for X-Men. But for now they need to keep on with what the movie was so lauded for: Character development. Though they're not my fave mutants, I want to know more about Banshee and Havok! I want to see how Beast is adapting, if Mystique is becoming evil! Will Riptide have any lines this time? Will Emma turn into the true White Queen we all expect her to be?

Making a movie as an excuse to cram in as many old faces as possible is exactly the opposite of the kind of sequel I'd expect from Vaughn at this point.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #79
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,407
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
Will Emma turn into the true White Queen we all expect her to be?
Hellfire is dead she probably wont get that title.

I can see those concerns. Itll be interesting to see what they are doing, at least they have alot of time to prep. This could be a really big thing for the franchise in a good way.


Last edited by def28; 06-05-2012 at 08:02 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #80
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick
 
Phoenix_Flare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: milwaukee, wi
Posts: 651
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

if this is working the title, or plot of the film then I can see, Bishop playing a role, but i don't think they'll jump to far into the future,probably the 90s at best, what if he come sback to stop the assaination attempt of the Pres.which could lead to the mutant registration act, possible Genosha, Sentinels?? I can see mutant blood being shed, Azazel is killed, and that causes Mystique to become what she is in the trilogy. idk just my idea of what could happen

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #81
blueserenity
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wild wild west
Posts: 483
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Hellfire is dead she probably wont get that title.

I can see those concerns. Itll be interesting to see what they are doing, at least they have alot of time to prep. This could be a really big thing for the franchise in a good way.
I can't really see how it could be good for the franchise. This is all still speculation of course, and with any luck it's actually just being registered for X4's sake and is staying the heck away from FC. I would be delighted if it was X4's storyline. But FC is a complete horse of a different color and needs to stay that way. The X-series can be about action and powers, but FC needs to be character and powers. It wasn't so critically acclaimed and well-loved by audiences for the fight scenes, that's for sure.

Right now if that is the idea for XMFC2, it just looks like a cheap way of grabbing onto Avengers' success' coattails. And as we've discussed often on here, while Avengers was fun and fanboy-pleasing, it had no real depth. I don't want to see XMFC turned into that.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #82
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,407
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
Right now if that is the idea for XMFC2, it just looks like a cheap way of grabbing onto Avengers' success' coattails. And as we've discussed often on here, while Avengers was fun and fanboy-pleasing, it had no real depth. I don't want to see XMFC turned into that.
Im not gonna talk Aveneger story/characters VS XMen. If you were a studio an you saw a movie with an A+ cinemasore, 93% critic approved, thats breaks records, that fans and general audiences all love and has made over 1 billion dollars. Why wouldnt you take a hint from it some way or another? X Men can be that big.

I dont see how it could be bad as of now. DOFP is a great story and alot of fans favorite. Who knows how they are planning on doing it. Its not gonna be an exact adaptaion. No one knows anything. Too early to call. Im digging the possibilities though. It would be a risk and an awesome one imo.


Last edited by def28; 06-05-2012 at 08:22 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #83
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,399
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

I've long felt that First Class works much better as a complete 'rebooting' of the X-Men franchise despite Bryan Singer's involvement and the producers' intention that it be a prequel to - at the very least - Singer's two previous X-Men films despite a few inconsistencies. Using the Days of Future Past comic storyline as a basis for a First Class sequel actually gives them the ability to treat the FC franchise as a reboot of the series - which is what it should be - while still paying homage to and involving key actors and characters from the films in the X-Men trilogy.

A Days of Future Past scenario also allows them to utilize the things that worked about Last Stand * without having to be beholden to that film in its entirety.

* Despite The Last Stand's overall underwhelming quality in comparison to X2, there actually are several things about the film that worked:
- Kelsey Grammer as Hank McCoy/Beast

- The 'mutant cure' scenario and Mystique and Magneto being subjected to it

- Cyclops' death (I wholeheartedly believe that, despite the issues that existed in terms of trying to juxtapose Jean Grey becoming the Phoenix with the mutant cure storyline and the need to keep Magneto in the foreground of things as a villain because of said storyline, it was the absolute right call not to actually show us Scott's death)

- Xavier ending up 'brain dead', with Ororo, Wolverine, and Hank taking over the job of running the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #84
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

All the people here badmouthing the idea of Wolverine being in the film clearly have NOT read DOFP. To adapt DOFP without Wolverine would be like adapting The Infinity Gauntlet without Thanos. Makes no sense at all.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #85
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,669
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

Days of Future Past I hope its finally to going to happen!

My line-up for this movie would be:
Professor X, Magneto, Emma, Mystique, Havok, Beast, Banshee (Past)
Storm, Rogue, Angel, Bishop, Forge, Iceman (Future - its too many but I hope they will pick at least 2 people)

I don't think Sunfire and Polaris will be in the sequel but oh well. And I hope they don't bring back Shadowcat again!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #86
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,399
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

The best scenario for a DoFP FC sequel, IMO, would be to use the DoFP storyline as a 'framework' for the sequel but without actually adapting the storyline directly, piggybacking the DoFP 'dystopian future' on the back of a JFK assasination story, and expanding the list of 'future characters' to include the entire X-Men team as it was at the end of The Last Stand (getting as many of the actors to return to their roles as possible) so that there's a distinct contrast between the FC team and the 'future X-Men', which would give you the following cast of characters:
60s X-Men
Xavier
Banshee
Beast
Havok
Jean
Scott

Future X-Men
Wolverine
Storm
Beast
Kitty
Colossus
Iceman

Brotherhood of Mutants
Magneto
Emma Frost
Azazel
Mystique
Riptide
Angel Salvadore

Others
William Stryker
Moira McTaggert

The reason you add younger versions of Scott and Jean to the 60s X-Men team is so that you can make reference to the events of The Last Stand (with both the 'future' versions of Scott and Jean having perished therein) and play with the future X-Men team having to adjust to dealing with seeing younger versions of two characters whose lives ended rather tragically.


Last edited by DigificWriter; 06-05-2012 at 08:44 PM.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #87
blueserenity
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wild wild west
Posts: 483
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Im not gonna talk Aveneger story/characters VS XMen. If you were a studio an you saw a movie with an A+ cinemasore, 93% critic approved, thats breaks records, that fans and general audiences all love and has made over 1 billion dollars. Why wouldnt you take a hint from it some way or another? X Men can be that big.

I dont see how it could be bad as of now. DOFP is a great story and alot of fans favorite. Who knows how they are planning on doing it. Its not gonna be an exact adaptaion. No one knows anything. Too early to call. Im digging the possibilities though. It would be a risk and an awesome one imo.
Because it's apples and oranges. Dark Knight made over a billion dollars and was widely critically acclaimed, but you certainly didn't see other companies trying to turn their superheroes into dark crime dramas. Every superhero/team movie has its own "feel" and strengths and weaknesses and trying to piggyback onto another one's just because it worked is a pretty stupid move because 1) there is no guarantee it will work and 2) it probably won't because when you piggyback you're sacrificing something in order to be like whatever you're hitching a ride from.

There is honestly nothing about the prospect of XMFC2 being DOFP that is positive or exciting. I can't believe that the SHH! board posters are reacting with such delight at this news... did we watch the same movie? Are we really talking positively about the idea of yet another movie where Wolverine would likely feature heavily and the screen would be oversaturated with every possible X-Man they can cram in? Really? We did all see how well that worked in X3, right?

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #88
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,669
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

I think they should save the Days of Future Past for X4 or the movie after Second Class. They can bring it up to X-Men: Second Class but not as the main story but just a lead-in to the next movie which is going to be about the Days of Future Past. But I have hope with Matthew Vaughn, Jane Goldman and Bryan Singer! Whatever they decide, I'm sure its going to make the movie amazing.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #89
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,407
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
Because it's apples and oranges. Dark Knight made over a billion dollars and was widely critically acclaimed, but you certainly didn't see other companies trying to turn their superheroes into dark crime dramas. Every superhero/team movie has its own "feel" and strengths and weaknesses and trying to piggyback onto another one's just because it worked is a pretty stupid move because 1) there is no guarantee it will work and 2) it probably won't because when you piggyback you're sacrificing something in order to be like whatever you're hitching a ride from.
I was not talking about tone differences. FC and Avengers have the same audience.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #90
blueserenity
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wild wild west
Posts: 483
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I was not talking about tone differences. FC and Avengers have the same audience.
That's not a good enough reason for FOX to follow their example though. The same people who went to see Avengers also went to see Dark Knight and Spider-Man and Superman Returns. Way less people went to see FC and making it more like Avengers in any way is not going to suddenly make FC2 a billion-dollar grossing film. If FOX really subscribes to that belief, they are much, much stupider than I thought...

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #91
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,399
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

I forgot that you need to add a 'future Magneto' (albeit a powerless one) to the cast of characters I posted above.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #92
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

blueserenity, have you ever read DOFP? Its arguably the greatest X-Men story, second only to Dark Phoenix. From all your posts, I gather that A) You don't like it at all or B) You just haven't read it. If it is B) I suggest you read it before you bash what many of us CBM fans thought would never happen. I've been waiting 30 years to see DOFP as a film. I'm miles beyond stoked. Wolverine's role in it is simply iconic. Its just an awesome arc that Lauren Donner herself has been wanting to tackle for years.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #93
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,407
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
That's not a good enough reason for FOX to follow their example though. The same people who went to see Avengers also went to see Dark Knight and Spider-Man and Superman Returns. Way less people went to see FC and making it more like Avengers in any way is not going to suddenly make FC2 a billion-dollar grossing film. If FOX really subscribes to that belief, they are much, much stupider than I thought...
Did you see X Men Wolverine Origins haha? My point was, if you were Fox wouldnt you want something as successful as Avengers?

Avengers looks to set up big storylines. Why shouldnt X Men do the same? Thats a step in the right direction imo. Setting up DOFP is a good thing. We dont know how they will execute it if true so why freak out and come to conclusions and what ifs? and like Alexei said above its a great story.


Last edited by def28; 06-05-2012 at 09:25 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #94
blueserenity
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wild wild west
Posts: 483
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
blueserenity, have you ever read DOFP? Its arguably the greatest X-Men story, second only to Dark Phoenix. From all your posts, I gather that A) You don't like it at all or B) You just haven't read it. If it is B) I suggest you read it before you bash what many of us CBM fans thought would never happen. I've been waiting 30 years to see DOFP as a film. I'm miles beyond stoked. Wolverine's role in it is simply iconic. Its just an awesome arc that Lauren Donner herself has been wanting to tackle for years.
I've skimmed through it. I'm not denying that it's a cool concept. I think it'd be great for X4. My issue with it lies in the idea that they would use it in the First Class trilogy.

Wolverine is iconic in it for sure, but I am done with him in the X-Men films, as is most of the general audience. FC introduced a reality where he wasn't a main character and it was glorious. And just to be clear, he was actually by far my favorite X-Man growing up so it's not like I harbor some hate-on for the guy. I just don't think he has anything left to contribute to the films at this point.

For the record, I don't consider myself a CBM fan. I've read a bunch but I'm not loyal to any. That's why I'm such a big advocate for the films being a departure from what's written in the comics. I'm way more interested in whether or not the movie is quality rather than if they got the canon right. If I wanted to see the stories from the comics, I'd, well, just read the comics.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #95
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,399
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

^ blueserenity, FC is, in the eyes of the producers, a prequel to the X-Men trilogy, but because it is set years before the original X-Men film, the best they could do in getting Wolverine involved was a cameo. I understand if you are personally burnt out by the X-Men film franchise's emphasis of Wolverine as a central character sometimes to the detriment of everyone else, but the producers of the FOX films realize that he is an incredibly popular character and that they hit gold with Hugh Jackman's portrayal of the character and therefore want to continue utilizing him however/wherever possible. If you're that opposed to that, don't go see the film(s).

Also, if you're opposed to comic-book movies utilizing their source material in some fashion and adapting iconic story arcs from said source material, why in the heck are you going to see said films in the first place? By the very nature of what they are, comic-book movies are going to utilize and/or reference their source material in some fashion, and expecting it to be otherwise is just silly.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #96
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick
 
GREEN =w= DAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tijuana/San Diego
Posts: 5,591
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

bring back James Marsden as Cyclops and give him a bigger role. he deserves it.

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #97
blueserenity
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wild wild west
Posts: 483
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
^ blueserenity, FC is, in the eyes of the producers, a prequel to the X-Men trilogy, but because it is set years before the original X-Men film, the best they could do in getting Wolverine involved was a cameo. I understand if you are personally burnt out by the X-Men film franchise's emphasis of Wolverine as a central character sometimes to the detriment of everyone else, but the producers of the FOX films realize that he is an incredibly popular character and that they hit gold with Hugh Jackman's portrayal of the character and therefore want to continue utilizing him however/wherever possible. If you're that opposed to that, don't go see the film(s).

Also, if you're opposed to comic-book movies utilizing their source material in some fashion and adapting iconic story arcs from said source material, why in the heck are you going to see said films in the first place? By the very nature of what they are, comic-book movies are going to utilize and/or reference their source material in some fashion, and expecting it to be otherwise is just silly.
Apart from the fact that I'm not the only one sick of him (the only people I've spoken to who still sing his praises are here on this board), the FC universe simply doesn't need him. Michael Fassbender is a powerhouse right now, he's currently one of the most in-demand actors in Hollywood. A lot of people watched XMFC after it had left theatres because he was in it. Many more will flock to XMFC2 in theatres for him, people who otherwise would never have watched an X-Men movie. Hugh Jackman might bring in a couple extra diehard HJ fans, but the general audience liked XMFC enough to see a sequel and the X-Men fans will go see the sequel no matter how much they complain about everything the first one got wrong. :P

I'm not OPPOSED to movies using canon or important story arcs. I'm FOR them doing whatever it takes, ignoring canon if need be, in order to make for a good movie. That's why I will forever love the change of Raven having grown up with Charles. It makes the character dynamic so much more interesting. If they had made Mystique purple or Charles a girl or set the story in the Yukon instead of the States, as long as it was well done I would still like it.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #98
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

DigificWriter, well said. Also, the GA is far from being tired of Jackman. I watched First Class 4 times in theatres & the crowd always cheered for Jackman during his cameo. Not to mention, Origins despite terrible reviews, pulled $85 Million on opening weekend - with no IMAX/3D & tickets two dollars cheaper than they are today.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #99
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,399
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
Apart from the fact that I'm not the only one sick of him (the only people I've spoken to who still sing his praises are here on this board), the FC universe simply doesn't need him. Michael Fassbender is a powerhouse right now, he's currently one of the most in-demand actors in Hollywood. A lot of people watched XMFC after it had left theatres because he was in it. Many more will flock to XMFC2 in theatres for him, people who otherwise would never have watched an X-Men movie. Hugh Jackman might bring in a couple extra diehard HJ fans, but the general audience liked XMFC enough to see a sequel and the X-Men fans will go see the sequel no matter how much they complain about everything the first one got wrong. :P

I'm not OPPOSED to movies using canon or important story arcs. I'm FOR them doing whatever it takes, ignoring canon if need be, in order to make for a good movie. That's why I will forever love the change of Raven having grown up with Charles. It makes the character dynamic so much more interesting. If they had made Mystique purple or Charles a girl or set the story in the Yukon instead of the States, as long as it was well done I would still like it.
I agree with you that the FC movies are fine without Jackman's involvement in any capacity, but the fact of the matter is that the people producing the X-Men franchise feel otherwise, which is ultimately what matters.

Regarding your statement about being in support of comic book movies 'doing whatever it takes, ignoring canon if need be, to make for a good movie', the reality is that how faithful a comic book movie is to its source material is, for many, a deciding factor in determining how significant of a role those who are fans of said comic book play in making said film successful.


Last edited by DigificWriter; 06-05-2012 at 10:41 PM.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #100
blueserenity
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wild wild west
Posts: 483
Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
I agree with you that the FC movies are fine without Jackman's involvement in any capacity, but the fact of the matter is that the people producing the X-Men franchise feel otherwise, which is ultimately what matters.

Regarding your statement about being in support of comic book movies 'doing whatever it takes, ignoring canon if need be, to make for a good movie', that sentiment is simply not in sync with the reality of what comic book movies ARE.

The main appeal of comic-book movies is that they are adaptations of comic books. General audiences are not the reason that comic book movies make their money; the people who are fans of the comic book source material are, and when comic book movies stray too far from their source material, they simultaneously lose much of their appeal to the people who, by and large, support their continued production and inspire producers to perpetuate the genre.
There are no figures to support that last statement, and personally I think CB fans vastly overestimate their numbers in cinemas. I would bet you every dollar in my piggybank that the majority of people who went to see Avengers were not fans of the actual comic books. They were fans of the individual movies, or the actors, or heard from friends/family/coworkers/reviewers that Avengers was worth watching.

X-Men I'd still say that the majority of the people in the cinema don't know the comics. Many who went were probably fans of the 90s cartoon because demographically the age of the people who saw FC were the ones who grew up with that show. Somewhere between that and the group that went to see FC because they liked a particular actor/ess is where the CB fans probably lie.

By your argument, X3 should have made a small fraction of what it ultimately raked in.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.