Xavier,Magneto,Rogue,Iceman.With Wolverine sent back In Time 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #101
Snikt
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past First Class Sequel Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
DigificWriter, well said. Also, the GA is far from being tired of Jackman. I watched First Class 4 times in theatres & the crowd always cheered for Jackman during his cameo. Not to mention, Origins despite terrible reviews, pulled $85 Million on opening weekend - with no IMAX/3D & tickets two dollars cheaper than they are today.
I completely agree. I loved the fact First Class succeeded with the prescence of Jackman. But in every screening that I went to for First Class, his cameo received the biggest laugh. That tells me people still love the character and still want to see Wolverine in another team movie.

And again, if done right, Wolverine could have an awesome role and play an important part in the film without crowding the movie.

Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #102
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

blueserenity: You missed the edit I made, but even if the facts are wrong, the sentiment behind what I was trying to say remains both valid and relevant. Comic book movies are more likely to successfully appeal to the people who are fans of comic books - who will contribute to the success of such films and thus inspire studios to make more of them even if they (comic book fans) are not the driving factor behind the success of such films - if they remain true to or reference their source material.

This is not only a fact, it is a truism of any form of 'adapted media'. The closer a given adaptation is to its source material, the more likely it is to appeal to the individuals who are already fans of said souce material, which will contribute to the success of the adaptation.

Last edited by DigificWriter; 06-05-2012 at 10:54 PM.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #103
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Many more will flock to XMFC2 in theatres for him, people who otherwise would never have watched an X-Men movie.
Wow, really?
Fassbender is hardly a "powerhouse", though...you talk as if moviegoers will watch the sequel only because of him. This is not what is happening with Prometheus.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #104
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
I completely agree. I loved the fact First Class succeeded with the presence of Jackman. But in every screening that I went to for First Class, his cameo received the biggest laugh. That tells me people still love the character & still want to see Wolverine in another team movie & again, if done right, Wolverine could have an awesome role & play an important part in the film without crowding the movie.
Agreed. The people that bash Wolverine's strong presence in the films forget that by the time Wolvie switched over to the orange/tan costume ('80), he'd become the star of the book & would remain the star of the book despite getting his own monthly series. He's never been overwhelming in the trilogy. He was the protagonist just as he was in the books. Sure, they made him a leader in X3, but its completely understandable. Jackman's a star, he's the RDJ of this franchise. The last thing his presence does is hurt the film & with DOFP, he's supposed to lead the picture.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #105
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
I completely agree. I loved the fact First Class succeeded with the prescence of Jackman. But in every screening that I went to for First Class, his cameo received the biggest laugh. That tells me people still love the character and still want to see Wolverine in another team movie.

And again, if done right, Wolverine could have an awesome role and play an important part in the film without crowding the movie.
Wolverine had the original trilogy, an origins film JUST for him, and has another upcoming film JUST for him. I think the audience has had their fill and would rather NOT have him taking screen time away from young Magneto and Xavier in a FC sequel.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #106
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Wolverine is, by far, my favorite character in the trilogy and my favorite CB character of all time. But I wouldn't like to see him leading a First Class sequel. And I don't like the idea of bringing the old characters back to mix them with the FC ones....

...but it seem that FOX wants its own Avengers. Bad news.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #107
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

^Has anyone read DOFP here? So many people bummed out about FOX going in this direction. Its just baffling. Its like if Marvel does The Infinity Gauntlet saga & people start complaining that Thanos will rob too much screentime from Cap & Thor. Who cares??? The story is great & will make for an amazing movie. That's all that matters.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #108
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

If you use the DoFP story arc as 'framework', you can bring in Jackman and the others without them taking all the focus away from McAvoy and the FC cast as seems to be the biggest fear/argument against the idea.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #109
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

^exactly. It'll be a coming together of the two, not the snubbing of one for the other. Yes, Jackman will headline, but Fassbender & Lawrence will get their fill too.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #110
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

I don't even think Jackman needs to, should, or automatically would/will 'headline'. He IS a big name, but, IMO, you can use him the same way The Hunger Games and The Amazing Spider-Man are utilizing/utilized the big-name performers who were/are part of their ensemble casts.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #111
rayc1971
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
Wow, really?
Fassbender is hardly a "powerhouse", though...you talk as if moviegoers will watch the sequel only because of him. This is not what is happening with Prometheus.
fassbender is not the star of prometheus not a good comparison.he was really good as young magneto and one of the leads.if they want to do futures past just do x-4 dont link to first class.

rayc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #112
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
^exactly. It'll be a coming together of the two, not the snubbing of one for the other. Yes, Jackman will headline, but Fassbender & Lawrence will get their fill too.
Its kind of a snub to the FC crew. They get one film to themselves and then they have to share??? At least Jackman and the originals had 3+ films to themselves and their stories/characters. They had their time. Now lets continue to see what the FC crew can show us in a movie that's their own. Yes Fassbender & Lawrence would get theirs, but what about the other young actors/side characters? A few, if not most, would be short changed big time.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #113
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

^who are we talking about really? Banshee? He'll get some screentime. Beast? He'll get some screentime. Havok? He will too. Same goes for The Brotherhood. DOFP is an EPIC story. It needs a running time of at least 160 minutes. X3's biggest flaw was its short running time. Had that film been 160 minutes, EVERY character (Angel, Kitty, Colossus, Callisto, Juggernaut, Quill, Arclight, Psylocke, Multiple Man) would have gotten modest character development instead of little to none. But those were the days of stupidity for CBMs. We are now far past that with CBMs that run 143 minutes (The Avengers, 152 minutes (TDK) & 168 minutes (TDKR). With an appropriate running time, DOFP can surpass all that came before it. Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, Halle Berry, Jennifer Lawrence...just the thought of it is ****ing awesome.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:26 AM   #114
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
If the first Class sequel Is indeed based on Days of future past I would
say Hugh Jackman will be In It.He might only be In future sequenze.

This talk makes It clear what Matthew Vaughn had on his mind when he talked about bringing back Patrick Stewert and Ian Mckellan for flashforward
In sequel.Bryan Singer last year also talked about wolverine being sequel.
I hope he is in it and more than just a cameo even if he's only in the film for about 30-35 mins that'd make me happy, could be future shots and the finale of the film.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:31 AM   #115
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
If you consider how X2 adapted God Loves Man Kills we would probally get this

a 10-15 minute opening sequenze set In future after Sentinles have been unleashed on world.Sentinles attacking the mansion and one character traveling back In time.

The Brootherhood planning a major event which In future will lead to Sentinles.

The character traveling to past Interacting with First Class era Xavier and X-Men.And working with them to stop Magneto and Brotherhood.

The character from future leaves the first Class era.The X-Men won't know rather they have changed history or what effort their actions have had on the future.

It doesn't matter what Marvel studios may 2014 release will be.It will have nothing on this sequel.I would feel better on Cap 2 If Joss Whedon was Involved.He showed he
got cap better than those who did Cap 1.

with original film actors appearing and buzz over first film the sequel will be huge.without going Into adjusting for infliration.X2 and last stand did better than Thor and Cap domesticly.Even Wolverine did better than Cap.Thor domesticly did about what Wolverine did.

For comics fans adaptan of days of future past will be huge.In trailer have shots of CGI Sentinles and shot of jackman and you can get the GA pumped.
You know what that could work and I think this is actually a great idea.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:51 AM   #116
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Overall I have mixed feelings on this, if this rumour is true, then this a BIG risk Fox are taking but one that could work out great, especially with Vaughn and Singer involved.

However, it could screw up continuity of the films even more depending on how they do it. I will wait for confirmation before really worrying about it though.

On a side note would LOVE to see Bishop.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:01 AM   #117
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:

They didn't cheer because it was Wolverine, they cheered because it was hilarious and unexpected. You should not be using that as a basis for "people want Wolverine back". His 30-second cameo should be the last time he shows up in the FC trilogy.

Quote:
^who are we talking about really? Banshee? He'll get some screentime. Beast? He'll get some screentime. Havok? He will too. Same goes for The Brotherhood. DOFP is an EPIC story. It needs a running time of at least 160 minutes. X3's biggest flaw was its short running time. Had that film been 160 minutes, EVERY character (Angel, Kitty, Colossus, Callisto, Juggernaut, Quill, Arclight, Psylocke, Multiple Man) would have gotten modest character development instead of little to none. But those were the days of stupidity for CBMs. We are now far past that with CBMs that run 143 minutes (The Avengers, 152 minutes (TDK) & 168 minutes (TDKR). With an appropriate running time, DOFP can surpass all that came before it. Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, Halle Berry, Jennifer Lawrence...just the thought of it is ****ing awesome.
That's exactly the problem. "some screentime" is not what we should be getting. And that's what will happen to all the characters. Charles and Magneto, instead of seeing their struggles with their new paths, will get sidelined. Aren't we supposed to see more of how Magneto transitions into villainy and Charles into sainthood? Neither one is fully there yet. The stories of the characters already in FC are way more interesting to me than the revival of any old faces. I can't fathom why anyone could be so hot for Wolverine that they'd be totally happy with abandoning what FC built up.

Quote:
Its kind of a snub to the FC crew. They get one film to themselves and then they have to share??? At least Jackman and the originals had 3+ films to themselves and their stories/characters. They had their time. Now lets continue to see what the FC crew can show us in a movie that's their own. Yes Fassbender & Lawrence would get theirs, but what about the other young actors/side characters? A few, if not most, would be short changed big time.
I think among them would be Charles. We figured out a while back that sadly, the sequel wouldn't be his turn to be the focus of the film. Which is disappointing, but somewhat expected. The hope was though, that if Magneto was indeed the main character, Charles would be a very close second. However, With so much to deal with in a DOFP storyline, I can see them being like "Magneto still needs to brood! Mystique needs to turn into the super sexy ultrab*tch! Charles... ehhh, just fastforward him to Patrick Stewart." If they actually are doing DOFP for the XMFC2, they're clearly not thinking ways to expand too much on characters. Especially ones who physically won't be as action-oriented as others. Especially one who had to be relegated to "coma" and "captive" in 2 of the three films....

Quote:
Wolverine is, by far, my favorite character in the trilogy. But I wouldn't like to see him leading a First Class sequel. And I don't like the idea of bringing the old characters back to mix them with the FC ones....

...but it seem that FOX wants its own Avengers. Bad news.
Yup, my thoughts exactly.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #118
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
They didn't cheer because it was Wolverine, they cheered because it was hilarious and unexpected.
Mmmm I'd have to disagree with that - I've seen FC a few times at the cinema and the second Wolverine appeared onscreen there was this hum of excited whispering all around me. People were really happy to see him, even before he dropped his hilarious f-bomb.

I'm not opposed to alternative timelines idea, or original characters making an appearance. I want to see character development but the movie can't be just about the characters, it needs a central plot, and alternate realities could be interesting, in fact I love this kind of stuff. But I certainly do NOT want the original characters barging in at the expense of the FC characters, no thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I will wait for confirmation before really worrying about it though.
Yes, excellent idea.

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 06-06-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #119
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, Halle Berry, Jennifer Lawrence...just the thought of it is ****ing awesome.
It's really interesting how James McAvoy's Charles doesn't even show up in your scenario.

When the FC franchise started, the whole idea was to focus in two main characters - Charles and Erik - and how their personalities and point of views changed according to the circumstances around them. And how their transformation shaped their so-called "followers" - the X-Men and the Brotherhood - and even real world events (like the Cuban missiles crisis in the first film).

So, we saw Erik turning into Magneto in the first film, and the second was supposed to focus on Charles' transition into Prof. X. But this scenario leaves little space to Charles' development - again. So, let's erase him out of the franchise, shall we? You're already doing it, actually. Explosions, sentinels, Magneto destroying things and killing people, now that's cool. Not a paraplegic professor.

Unfortunately it seems that my initial prediction is coming true.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #120
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

this rumour has gotten out of control! would you guys be upset, if they just used the title and not really adapt that much source material?

from what i can remember, DOFP was the 1st appearance of Mystique's brotherhood, so I can defin. see them using that as way to intro. Magneto/brotherhood and try kill a key political figure.

instead of shadowcat trasnfering her mind, what if Xavier is getting psyhic visions from a mutant,let's say Bishop, who's from the future, and seeing the anit-mutant hysteria?
or what if Beast, being super smart, invents some kind of device that let's Xavier see into the future and what he sees is that of Sentinels, etc? He works to try and change the events of the future, maybe the stress of that can cause him to go bald, LOL
we can see the government trying to issue the mutant registration act, possibly Genosha being used as a mutant imprisonment camp.

this sequel should be about things getting worse for mutants, so I can def. the writers, Vaughn going in this direction.

Phoenix_Flare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #121
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
this rumour has gotten out of control! would you guys be upset, if they just used the title and not really adapt that much source material?

from what i can remember, DOFP was the 1st appearance of Mystique's brotherhood, so I can defin. see them using that as way to intro. Magneto/brotherhood and try kill a key political figure.

instead of shadowcat trasnfering her mind, what if Xavier is getting psyhic visions from a mutant,let's say Bishop, who's from the future, and seeing the anit-mutant hysteria?
or what if Beast, being super smart, invents some kind of device that let's Xavier see into the future and what he sees is that of Sentinels, etc? He works to try and change the events of the future, maybe the stress of that can cause him to go bald, LOL
we can see the government trying to issue the mutant registration act, possibly Genosha being used as a mutant imprisonment camp.

this sequel should be about things getting worse for mutants, so I can def. the writers, Vaughn going in this direction.
That makes more sense. Bishop might even be a precognitive mutant within the 60s who is receiving (deliberately transmitted?) visions of the future, rather than being from the future. Or they could use Destiny.

But, then again, time travel wouldn't be a major issue if we already have teleporters able to traverse huge distances within one timeline. It just needs someone who can also transport (via mutation or technology) through time itself.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #122
Great Mind(s)
Broken

This would be amazing. They should have a First Class sequel that involves Magneto attempting to kill someone or someone else attempting to kill Xavier... or maybe have BOTH in the movie with Kitty or Bishop or Cable coming to the past to stop one of them. But WHICH one? Have it a two-parter merging both the First Class and X-Men film characters...future Magneto, Wolverine, Storm and Colossus vs Sentinels at the same time have an assassination plot in the 60s.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #123
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

blueserenity, again, go to Amazon & order the DOFP TPB. Then come in here & knock the idea of a DOFP film that serves as a FC2/X4 combo. The last thing you'll do is say "but what about Xavier's struggle with his new path, and the young mutants and..." You won't care about any of that. Not to mention, you'll actually get some of that anyway. Magneto & Xavier are now established. They've chosen their respective sides & drawn a line in the sand. This film will delve into the aforementioned heavily & add the future's struggle. It is anything but detrimental to the franchise. Its a HUGE improvement & step forward. Also, you're very wrong about the GA's relationship with Wolverine. They love him & because of that his films bank. Even Origins which was released to terrible reviews still made more money than Thor, Cap & First Class at the BO. That's the GA's love for Wolverine. They don't care if he happens to be in a **** movie. He's awesome & they'll watch him. That's why next year Mangold's film will bank.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #124
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

what if instead of dieing, Darwin, actually evolved to another plane of existence, where he see's the past, present and future in more of a none linear perspective (tho, it could possibly seem like rip off of Dr Manhattan)

but, is something that can be explained within there own continue, without bringing in elements of time travel, an they do already have a set up for...

Quote:
no, not really, pretty much believed that to be the case from the moment I heard the rumor (rather its true or not) like with the use of "first class" as the title, that wasn't based on the comics, I wouldn't expect them to follow the exact storyline, if any elements of it at all

but news has been slow to come by around here lately an it is fun to speculate, an discuss such possibilities

Spider-Fan83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #125
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I think it depends how much they adapt in terms of how much the fanboys get upset.

But it seems certain to include some vision of a terrible future for mutants, and that is the core of the story.