Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 03:35 AM   #26
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
If I had to bet, I'd say they would try to tie it in with man of steel, a batman reboot, and bring in john stewart while not contradicting green lantern 2011.
One could argue they could do a 'reverse' Marvel Studios and use the JL film to introduce the new rebooted Batman (actor-wise at least), only to then afterwards begin with production on a solo film. Same with WW.

I think they could still use Reynolds as Hal.

But I think clearly, just as how Iron Man was in a way the most popular Avenger going into "The Avengers", Superman (Henry Cavill) will definitely be the most predominant figure of the entire film given he'll have had his solo film released and the fact that Superman is the official leader of the JL.

Having said that, this movie sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:20 AM   #27
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
One could argue they could do a 'reverse' Marvel Studios and use the JL film to introduce the new rebooted Batman (actor-wise at least), only to then afterwards begin with production on a solo film. Same with WW.

I think they could still use Reynolds as Hal.

But I think clearly, just as how Iron Man was in a way the most popular Avenger going into "The Avengers", Superman (Henry Cavill) will definitely be the most predominant figure of the entire film given he'll have had his solo film released and the fact that Superman is the official leader of the JL.

Having said that, this movie sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen.
Honestly I don't think the spinoff approach would be anywhere near as effective as the team up approach.

Harder to draw in big names for your movie

much riskier if the movie falls flat

if the movie makes one or two of the heroes look bad, then it would be a lot harder to sell the GA on their solo movie, even if that solo movie kicks ass

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
Old 06-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #28
Antonello Blueberry
Inglorious bastard

It's not like Chris Hemsowrth was a household name before Thor. Anyone would go to see a movie with Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Batman in it, at least hoping it would be as cool as the Avengers.
Even with a new Batman. People bought three different Banners without a blink.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #29
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

hemsworth worked out, but it's important to have that 'tony stark' who can bring greater credibility to the whole cast

I don't believe avengers would have been nearly as successful had that not nailed at least that one piece of casting

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
Old 06-06-2012, 05:53 AM   #30
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
hemsworth worked out, but it's important to have that 'tony stark' who can bring greater credibility to the whole cast

I don't believe avengers would have been nearly as successful had that not nailed at least that one piece of casting
I completely agree.

The trouble is, which character do you give that much focus? And what actor could pull off something similar where they literally own that character completely. Like the character is just an extension of their own style/on screen personality.

Very few actors in hollywood have that presence, and even fewer (if any) seem like a perfect fit for any of the JL.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 06-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #31
Mig-El
Side-Kick

Finally a Justice League forum!!

Old 06-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #32
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I completely agree.

The trouble is, which character do you give that much focus? And what actor could pull off something similar where they literally own that character completely. Like the character is just an extension of their own style/on screen personality.

Very few actors in hollywood have that presence, and even fewer (if any) seem like a perfect fit for any of the JL.
If Nolan and Bale would be willing to do it, then they could focus on Batman like they did IM for the Avengers imo

Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #33
Ursa
Villainess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSams50 View Post
If Nolan and Bale would be willing to do it, then they could focus on Batman like they did IM for the Avengers imo
Agreed.

Depends on how TDKR ends...they could use Bales's Batman as the creator of the League, he'd be older than the other heroes, like he was the first one.

I prefer to see Bale and Cavill than parallels versions.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #34
Casius--J
Web Master

I think the biggest difference with JL is that the core team consists of DC's most popular characters. Where as at the time The Avengers characters weren't as popular as the their other properties e.g Spider-Man and X-Men.

So I think there is less need to have solo movies first building up the JL movie as what Marvel did. Ideally I would like at least one or two characters being established previously but I don't think its vital at this point.

The only thing that concerns me is consistency, I would rather them keep their characters in a shared universe than have multiple actors playing the same roles in different movies.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #35
samsnee
Side-Kick

I agree that the best way for DC to do this is the anti-Marvel approach, which is use JL to launch solo franchises. Batman and Superman in a movie together is enough to get people in the seats. But you can't shortchange the other heroes if you want the audience to be interested enough in seeing them in a solo film.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #36
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
I think the likelihood of a JL movie featuring Bale as Batman is very very low.

And also, TBH, if you give Batman this huge importance in the JL and it's creation, and you cast an actor whose screen presence is as strong as RDJ's... Well you're pretty much gonna continue pissing off fans of all the other DC characters, most prominently Superman, who have been taking a back seat to Batman's popularity for way too long now.

I mean, I'm not a fool, I know he'll have a lot of screen time in any team up movie because of that popularity.

But in the same way that Avengers was careful to still make it somewhat clear that CA was the leader of the group, Superman can't just be one of Batman's 'recruits' if you know what I mean.

That's why I'd have prefered a World's Finest first. Have Superman and Batman meet, team up, discover the benefits of another hero having your back, and begin the JL, together.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 06-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #37
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

From my post at MOS forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Not all JL characters need a solo movies, for example Nick Fury, Hawkeye and Black Widow did not get their own solo movies, they were just introduced.

Hulk got two different solo movies, but were they really needed ? Because nothing from Hulk movies was carried forward in the Avengers (except vague references to other Marvel charactes).

Superman is already getting a reboot treatment, Batman will surely get another relaunch, Green Lantern has got a live action movie (WB will not reboot GL so soon) people have to accept that.

If WB make a Wonder Woman and Flash movie before Justice League movie then fine, If they don't then I would not be complaining, they could always get their own solo movies as a spinoff from JL.
They cannot make JL movie before 2014, so Batman can be relaunched, I expect WB to cast some known actor but who is young as Batman.

*\S/T*
Old 06-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #38
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
From my post at MOS forums

They cannot make JL movie before 2014, so Batman can be relaunched, I expect WB to cast some known actor but who is young as Batman.
But wasnt Black Widow introduced in IM2, and Hawkeye in Thor?

Old 06-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #39
riprat

I think this can work without build up as long as the Director understands comics and characters. Couple of things, Have Wonder Woman refer to herself as simply Diana, Wonder Woman may be a media catchphrase for her. She's not fond of it. Aquaman is simply Arthur, no A insignia on belt, and I would go the long haired bearded version with Atlantian Armour, haughty and arrogant like a real king. I would definately go for the John Stewart GL. Marine background. Of course Cavill as Superman, Bale if he wants to for Batman. But it has to be the uber Bats, and he has to build a battle suit for climax. Regular suit should be beefed up, Vision and communications devices in cowl,and gadgets, gadgets, gagets. Flash needs to match the current one in the new 52. I like the design on the Martian Manhunter that has been posted as a fan made movie poster... That's all for now. Oh and hopefully Superman is depowered a bit in Man of Steel. Not able to move planets, travel thru time, breathe in space etc. We have to see him work for his fights and bleed and bruise...

Old 06-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #40
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
so I haven't heard very impressive things about the writer

tbqh
He's a noob for sure, but Castle is a good show. The script means little as Zak Penn is credited as a writer on Avengers when really none of his script was used (remember Hawkeye being the guy brought on to control the Hulk?).

That's why starting this thread is a bit of a joke until there's a director tied to the project.

The whole announcement is way too soon, and really makes Warner look like a bunch of douche heads doing this right before a major advertising campaign launch for TDKR.

They should have waited until 2013 for any kind of big announcement to let the Avengers buzz die down.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #41
riprat

Flash: (to GL) I thought you were white?
GL(Stewart): Some of us are even purple, orange. They're a lot of us.
Flash: But the Green Lantern for earth... I've seen news footage.
GL: Actually, we each patrol a sector of space, not just earth and our blue bosses decided with all the activity in this sector we deserved more then one Green Lantern. With all the ***** going on, don't you agree?
Flash: I think you have a good point.
Both continue on with epic battle...

Old 06-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #42
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
But wasnt Black Widow introduced in IM2, and Hawkeye in Thor?

That's the point, they were just introduced. WB have introduced Amanda Waller in GL movie, they can introduce someone (supporting character like inspector John Jones aka Martian Manhunter in human form) in MOS.

Or characters such as WW and Flash can be introduced in a JL movie itself.

*\S/T*
Old 06-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #43
Juicy J
Side-Kick

As much as I want to see a Justice League movie done properly, I feel as if WB is stuck between a rock and a hard place at this point. Outside of Batman they haven't been able to properly handle one of their comic franchises for years. After the atrocity that was GL I just don't really have faith in them. I hope to change my tune once Man of Steel comes out, as I would love to see a well made Superman movie more than anything but that one doesn't have me feeling particularly hopeful TBH.
I'd like to have faith in them but considering their track record, I'm not sure they can get their stuff together in time to make a film of this magnitude.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #44
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post
As much as I want to see a Justice League movie done properly, I feel as if WB is stuck between a rock and a hard place at this point. Outside of Batman they haven't been able to properly handle one of their comic franchises for years. After the atrocity that was GL I just don't really have faith in them. I hope to change my tune once Man of Steel comes out, as I would love to see a well made Superman movie more than anything but that one doesn't have me feeling particularly hopeful TBH.
I'd like to have faith in them but considering their track record, I'm not sure they can get their stuff together in time to make a film of this magnitude.
MOS looks pretty good from what I've seen, and we're getting the much needed retelling of the story, instead of the disastrous pseudo sequel we got in Returns.

But you're right not to trust them. They've not delivered on multiple occasions, multiple projects started and scrapped. Hell they'd spent over 100M on Superman Returns before Singer even showed up to work and almost none of it was used.

We knew eventually WB would make a JL movie, but the timing of this just smacks of desperation when they should be getting people amped for TDKR.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #45
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

Where the hell did they pull this writer from? it's not a very encouraging choice.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #46
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Marvel View Post
Where the hell did they pull this writer from? it's not a very encouraging choice.
Like I say, don't worry about the writer. That's why I bring up the Zak Penn analogy. Until there's a director tied to the project none of this means anything other than WB trying to grab some attention away from Marvel.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #47
JAK®
Upstart

They should base the plot off of Grant Morrison's initial JLA story arc back in 1997.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #48
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
We knew eventually WB would make a JL movie, but the timing of this just smacks of desperation when they should be getting people amped for TDKR.
This was another thing I was gonna bring up: this smells like a blatant cash grab.
Putting all this into effect a month after the Avengers comes out seems, as you said, desperate.
Here's to hoping that when it comes out (whether that's in 4 years or 20 years) it'll be worth the wait.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #49
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

has anyone seen this crap?? This website will post anything...
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...tice-league-mo

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 06-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #50
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Created a Fan Art/Manip thread and a fan-made trailer thread...

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=385745

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=385747

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Closed Thread