The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #476
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

in all honesty, now that i think about.

why wouldn't people see both movies?

its not smart to put it right up against Avengers because it could be the worst gamble ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #477
Deathstroke
Banned User

I think the priority should have been a new Batman movie before JL. The world is still on the Bale/Nolan bandwagon. To randomly introduce a new Batman in JL without properly developing him on his own will be a disaster.

Batman is the most important character here for Warners. It's where the proven money is.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #478
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

One film releasing in May while the other releases in July is not direct competition. Both movies will do fine in the BO.

**** all the naysaying at the moment. That's all going to change in 2015. Probably 2014 when people start warming up more to the idea and they show a trailer... or in 2013 when MoS is spectacular and gets people super excited for JL.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #479
HighFivingMF
Welp.

But seriously, I am extremely excited for all of the solo movies. Just not the Avengers ones as I'm not a fan of Whedon. But I'm glad it made what it did, I wish it were for a different movie, but Marvel deserves that money anyhow.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #480
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
But seriously, I am extremely excited for all of the solo movies. Just not the Avengers ones as I'm not a fan of Whedon. But I'm glad it made what it did, I wish it were for a different movie, but Marvel deserves that money anyhow.
Maybe JL will be what you need.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #481
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
One film releasing in May while the other releases in July is not direct competition. Both movies will do fine in the BO.

**** all the naysaying at the moment. That's all going to change in 2015. Probably 2014 when people start warming up more to the idea and they show a trailer... or in 2013 when MoS is spectacular and gets people super excited for JL.
Superhero burnout is the challenge. Look at 2011 when you had all those superhero origin stories/pseudo-reboots come out. None of them did amazing but luckily (aside from gl) most of their budgets were not that high.

2012 avoided that due to the fact as i mentioned before the avengers and tdkr are so diametrically opposed as films. A2 and Jl seem to cover very similar ground. JL is going to be a very pricey film as well.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #482
Boom
I got nothin'

If I were WB, I'd put this movie in the December slot.

Let The Avengers 2 kick-start the summer season, and let The Justice League send the year out with a bang.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #483
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Superhero burnout is the challenge. Look at 2011 when you had all those superhero origin stories/pseudo-reboots come out. None of them did amazing but luckily (aside from gl) most of their budgets were not that high.

2012 avoided that due to the fact as i mentioned before the avengers and tdkr are so diametrically opposed as films. A2 and Jl seem to cover very similar ground. JL is going to be a very pricey film as well.
Regardless of them covering similar ground, most of the GA will see both movies.

Plus, they'll be enough differences in both films to set them apart from each other.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #484
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Exciting News !

They have sufficient time to make this movie, if the movie is coming out in July 2015.

Let's see...

They already have a script, most probably Cavill will be returning as Superman and Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern.

That leaves getting a director and the casting of Batman, Flash and Wonder Woman.

We have heard that in previous failed attempt (JL: Mortal) Adam Brody was supposed to play Flash.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 10-18-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #485
HighFivingMF
Welp.

The Aquaman Shrine keeps mentioning Colton Haynes as WB's choice for Aquaman. It's just a fansite, but FYI.

https://twitter.com/AquamanShrine

Old 10-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #486
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
If I were WB, I'd put this movie in the December slot.

Let The Avengers 2 kick-start the summer season, and let The Justice League send the year out with a bang.
Agreed.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #487
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

So.....Not many posters are in favor of this movie after all...

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 10-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #488
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Reposting from another forum..

I can sort of see this working with the GA if they market the film more as a Batman/Superman team-up film (maaybe Wonder Woman as well) than a big gathering of heroes. Everybody knows who Batman and Superman are and WILL go to see them finally team up together. All the other heroes will basically just be chess pieces. From there, if WB/DC do the movie well, there might be a break out star ala the Hulk in the Avengers. Another thing to consider is the marketability of Green Arrow by 2015. If Arrow continues to do well and Green Arrow ends up on the roster for the film then they could market him as well to attract viewers...of course having him on the team brings up a whole new set of problems all together BECAUSE of the TV show.

Suffice to say, this isn't necessarily an ill advised approach..whose to say Marvel's method was the correct way? Marvel had no choice but to make lead in films for their heroes because no one would have gone to see the Avengers otherwise...no one knew who Iron Man or Thor was four years ago. Batman and Superman have enough clout to their names where they can compete with the Avengers individually, let alone teamed up.

Either way, it's key that they keep the roster small for this first film. Aside from Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman (and even then with her a lot of the public won't know her back story) no one will know who these heroes are and they need to give them at least a little background so we'll give two ****s. I say no more than five heroes: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter..and MAYBE Green Arrow/Lantern and that's pushing it though luckily they both have exposure to the public. They keep it at that, get a damn good director, keep that grounded sense that DC adaptations are known for, and make sure the script is top notch then they might be able to hold their own against Avengers 2.

It's important to remember that if we're talking individually, none of the Avengers core roster stacks up to JL's core roster in terms of strength of character and iconicness (yes, made up word). DC characters are icons, Marvel characters are flavor of the month.

EDIT: Thinking about it more, JL needs to be Shakespeare to Avengers' Henry Fielding. While Avengers is full of satirical jokes that make light of what should be extremely serious situations, JL should fully embrace the gravity of whatever plot it assumes and take off from their. I dare say it needs to be artistic in its portrayal of the heroes coming together. WB/DC need to set it up where Avengers is the appetizer: light hearted, easy to take, charming, but leaves you with a sense longing; while JL is the main course: tough, serious, leaves you full and almost with a sense of uncomfort. That's what JL needs to be to really succeed. It needs to do what Batman Begins did in 2005 and TDK continued; make a movie so meticulously crafted and so painfully blunt that it leaves audiences uncomfortable...in a good way of couse.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 10-19-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #489
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
A2 and Jl seem to cover very similar ground. JL is going to be a very pricey film as well.
It does seem very pricey on paper. If WB gets someone like Andy & Lana Wachowski to direct (i.e. someone who can stretch their dollars) they can deliver a polished, expensive-looking pic around $200M or less. Cloud Atlas looks like it was made for $230M-$250M rather than the paltry-seeming $100M it took to make. (And shooting only ran around 3 months.)

JL will be a totally different animal than Atlas, a lot more complex CGI shots and everything else. But if WB can get a visionary director that can get the most value out of a budget, they're golden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
If I were WB, I'd put this movie in the December slot. Let The Avengers 2 kick-start the summer season, and let The Justice League send the year out with a bang.
I think JL could do gangbusters as a March 2015 release or mid-December 2015 tentpole.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 10-19-2012, 02:17 AM   #490
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

I'd release it in 2017.

Without the individual properties fleshing out the team, the whole thing might fall flat on its face.

Ideally for me, it'd be:

-MAN OF STEEL (June)
-AQUAMAN (December)

-THE FLASH (June)
-WONDER WOMAN (December)

-MAN OF STEEL 2 (July)
-MARTIAN MANHUNTER (December)

-THE GREEN LANTERN (Reboot - June)
-THE CAPED CRUSADER (TDKR follow-up starring JGL - December)

-JUSTICE LEAGUE (July)

Old 10-19-2012, 02:19 AM   #491
Juicy J
Side-Kick

I agree with whoever said a World's finest movie. I think that would be the better route to go, considering that I think that Superman and Batman teaming up are the main draw for a lot of people. It would also help differentiate itself from the Avengers a little bit; it's not a team movie, it's a team-up movie. Between the two arguably biggest superheros in the world.
That would get people's interest.
You could tell a nice meaty story about these two characters, and since it would come after MOS you would mainly have to only establish a bad guy and Batman.
They are the two heavy hitters, so they should come first. And then have a follow up film that introduces the rest of the JL.
I just think that the alternative, packing all of these huge, iconic characters without a background (save for Superman) into one movie, is WB biting off more than they can chew.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:24 AM   #492
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Bringing the movie out the same year as Avengers 2 is ballsy (or crazy). If DC had any sense they will either give a massive paycheck to Christain Bale or hire JGL to get all the good will from the Nolan Batman movies.

Seeing as this move is coming out summer of 2015 that absolutely GUARANTEES there will be a JL related after credit screen with Man of Steel.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:30 AM   #493
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Bringing the movie out the same year as Avengers 2 is ballsy (or crazy). If DC had any sense they will either give a massive paycheck to Christain Bale or hire JGL to get all the good will from the Nolan Batman movies.

Seeing as this move is coming out summer of 2015 that absolutely GUARANTEES there will be a JL related after credit screen with Man of Steel.
It will be released in July 2015, maybe they could shift the release date to winter 2015.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 10-19-2012, 03:58 AM   #494
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
It will be released in July 2015, maybe they could shift the release date to winter 2015.

DC are banking on the iconic status of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman (forget the rest they aren't as widely known as those 3) will negate everything Marvel has built up with their separate movie.
When I think about it they may have a point. C'mon, Batman facing off against Superman, that is about as epic as it gets.
I'm an unashamed Marvel guy but even I would be excited to see that.

What would get the general audience more excited;

Spider-Man appearing in the Avengers

or

Batman and Superman appearing in the same movie together

Old 10-19-2012, 04:11 AM   #495
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

When? This is Zach (the hack) snyder we're talking about.

Quote:

I was worried about Superhero burnout but the combined sales for Avengers, TDKR and ASM is close to 3 billion.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:50 AM   #496
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
You'll see.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:09 AM   #497
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Ha Ha ha ha.

I am not someone who was happy when Snyder was announced as a director of MOS, but even I have to admit that it was a good choice.

Well, I feel that when MOS comes out, lot of people will have to change their opinion of Snyder.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 10-19-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:32 AM   #498
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Ha Ha ha ha.

I am not someone who was happy when Snyder was announced as a director of MOS, but even I have to admit that it was a good choice.

Well, I feel that when MOS comes out, lot of people will have to change their opinion of Snyder.
Sucker Punch is in my top 3 worst movies I've ever seen.
To be fair to Snyder, when I watched Watchmen for the second time in two sittings with my expectations adjusted (from the graphic novel) I enjoyed it much more.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:50 AM   #499
Deathstroke
Banned User

Quote:
So.....Not many posters are in favor of this movie after all...
It's the train wreck that we deserve but not the one we need right now.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #500
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:

I was worried about Superhero burnout but the combined sales for Avengers, TDKR and ASM is close to 3 billion.
Well TASM did decently but not compared to the past instalments in its franchise. It made up most of its money from spider-man's big international appeal something that is to be determined for any of the non batman dc characters.

Both the avengers and TDKR had built up culmination working for them. Marvel with its MCU universe they started some 5 years earlier. Plus of course the end of TDKR trilogy.

JL is going in with no appetizers per se. Its a risky move still in 2015. I also can't see WB wanting anything other than a summer release as well. They need a new July tentpole now that TDKR and harry potter series are done.

Closed Thread