The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 03:50 AM   #676
Dark Knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: LOST Island
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I don't think Episode 7 will hinder Justice League and I don't think it should. The two franchises have nothing to do with each other. They'll also be released at different times, so I don't see a problem. Warner Bros. needs a behemoth in 2015 like Disney has with The Avengers 2 and Episode 7. Justice League is their pull.


If JL continues to develop as scheduled for WB's, than I can see them taking the July 4th weekend/week slot to release the film. Since A2 will have the early May release slot.

I still think if Horn and Disney were smart, they should release the next SW film during the December Holiday season of 2015 instead of Summer 2015.

Dark Knight is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 03:52 AM   #677
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,862
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
If JL continues to develop as scheduled for WB's, than I can see them taking the July 4th weekend/week slot to release the film. Since A2 will have the early May release slot.

I still think if Horn and Disney were smart, they should release the next SW film during the December Holiday season of 2015 instead of Summer 2015.
I agree. Let the superheroes have summer, winter can go to Star Wars.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 04:00 AM   #678
Dark Knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: LOST Island
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I agree. Let the superheroes have summer, winter can go to Star Wars.


Exactly. Disney can spread out their profit over the course of the 2015 year by releasing the new SW film during the December Holiday and they will basically corner the market during that time. Instead of unwisely competing against their own product in late May or June and then a competitors big time product with a July release of SW, since the JL will probably get a July release date in 2015.

Dark Knight is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 04:18 AM   #679
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,848
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Star Wars screams summer blockbuster though. It along with jaws just before it ushered in the the modern summer blockbuster phenomena.

I don't know if they see star wars as a fall/winter type of film. I can see Disney wanting to dominate the entire summer with a may release of A2 and a july release of SW:E7 or even vice-versa to give SW it's traditional may opening weekend.

Bruce Malone is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 05:11 AM   #680
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,412
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Star Wars screams summer blockbuster though. It along with jaws just before it ushered in the the modern summer blockbuster phenomena.

I don't know if they see star wars as a fall/winter type of film. I can see Disney wanting to dominate the entire summer with a may release of A2 and a july release of SW:E7 or even vice-versa to give SW it's traditional may opening weekend.
Starwars clearly screams Summer release.It and A2 are going for summer domination.

Zionite1 is online now  
Old 10-31-2012, 07:30 AM   #681
The_Lost
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Clio, Michigan
Posts: 92
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Starwars clearly screams Summer release.It and A2 are going for summer domination.
you release both as summer events then own christmas with dvd/blue ray and product tie in toys. time to check my Disney stock portfolio. And yes; keep the justice league in 2015. I want to see it on the big screen BEFORE I die.

The_Lost is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 08:27 AM   #682
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,412
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

You will be alive in 2016.See it then.

Zionite1 is online now  
Old 10-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #683
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,034
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Yeah, I see Star Wars opening in July, to give Avengers 2 a decent run. However, even if it opened in June or in September or December, Star Wars still has the name behind it and fans will flock to see it no matter when it's released. Only August might be a dead month because everyone's away.

As for Justice League, well either they go for July or for a Winter release. One reason I might like JL in 2015 is that with all these blockbusters, Fox will have nowhere to release FF into the year's schedule where it can perform decently.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #684
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,412
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

I see Avengers 2 dominating May and June,and Starwars dominating July and August.WB willbe forced to the winterspots or 2016-hopefully 2016 since that wld make them consider a MOS 2 or someother Dc universe movie inbetween

Zionite1 is online now  
Old 10-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #685
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,106
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

When is Avatar 2 coming out ? If Cameron's Avatar 2 is released in winter 2015, then there is no room for JL movie.

Oh wait, then WB also has to release Hobbit 2 right ? That will take up a spot.

__________________

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #686
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,034
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
I see Avengers 2 dominating May and June,and Starwars dominating July and August.WB willbe forced to the winterspots or 2016-hopefully 2016 since that wld make them consider a MOS 2 or someother Dc universe movie inbetween
Well only if they make another DC film for 2014. If they're going to release one in 2015, they're going to run up against the same problem as releasing JL in 2015.

But yeah, WB could do with another DC film before. Just which one? Ideally it should be Wonder Woman, with plot points written into it that she hears of trouble going on and decides at the end of the movie to go and seek out these other DC heroes.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #687
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,412
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well only if they make another DC film for 2014. If they're going to release one in 2015, they're going to run up against the same problem as releasing JL in 2015.

But yeah, WB could do with another DC film before. Just which one? Ideally it should be Wonder Woman, with plot points written into it that she hears of trouble going on and decides at the end of the movie to go and seek out these other DC heroes.
In my opinion it should be wonderwoman-due to her being part of the Trinity and Dc needing to properly establlish a magic in their cinematic univers.Rmbr shes the only magical character on the JL team.

Theres no need to have any plot pionts with her going to seek other heroes.Just do a movie,reference their are other superheroes out there as the movie goes along but thats it.Let Jl deal witth uniting her with other heroes.

A WW movie shld be set for a winter release in my opinion.2014 or 2015

Zionite1 is online now  
Old 10-31-2012, 10:21 AM   #688
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 49,635
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Agreed on one of them going to winter. Star Wars, Avengers & JL are amongst the most epic fantastical/sci-fi properties. There will be cannibalisation of repeat viewing (which these films would expect a lot more than most) if they are anywhere close to each other. I hope they can all go stellar & if they're spread out, no reason why they can't all succeed.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #689
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider
 
Venom'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,007
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

JL will only be as good as its villain and writing

__________________
___________________________________
Foxx-Electro * Giamatti-Rhino * DeHaan-ProtoGoblin
My JL Trailer * The Unholy Trinity of Venom * The Sinister 6
Venom'sDad is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #690
solidsnake86
Side-Kick
 
solidsnake86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,047
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well only if they make another DC film for 2014. If they're going to release one in 2015, they're going to run up against the same problem as releasing JL in 2015.

But yeah, WB could do with another DC film before. Just which one? Ideally it should be Wonder Woman, with plot points written into it that she hears of trouble going on and decides at the end of the movie to go and seek out these other DC heroes.
Its almost to late for a DC 2014 film. Realistically the only film we know they have a script to is the flash. Usually when we don't hear rumours about any other character its because there really isn't much going on. Plus with Wonder Woman they are trying for a new tv series so something tells me they don't have a script they like for a feature film.

solidsnake86 is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #691
Zarex
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,517
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Agreed on one of them going to winter. Star Wars, Avengers & JL are amongst the most epic fantastical/sci-fi properties. There will be cannibalisation of repeat viewing (which these films would expect a lot more than most) if they are anywhere close to each other. I hope they can all go stellar & if they're spread out, no reason why they can't all succeed.
I can't see Disney blinking with either of their proven billion dollar movie franchises. I would bet on JL moving.

Zarex is online now  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #692
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,034
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
Its almost to late for a DC 2014 film. Realistically the only film we know they have a script to is the flash. Usually when we don't hear rumours about any other character its because there really isn't much going on. Plus with Wonder Woman they are trying for a new tv series so something tells me they don't have a script they like for a feature film.
In the 70s, didn't Star Trek: The Slow Motion Picture just adapt its Star Trek: Phase II tv series pilot script into the movie in the wake of Star Wars? It was all set to be a TV series but they decided to make it into a theatrical feature instead. Not that it turned out so great, but that was down to writing rather than the principle itself.

If WB had an action-oriented WW pilot script, they could easily expand that into a movie. Some pilots have enough there to engage audiences. It's just a matter of increasing the budget.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #693
solidsnake86
Side-Kick
 
solidsnake86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,047
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
In the 70s, didn't Star Trek: The Slow Motion Picture just adapt its Star Trek: Phase II tv series pilot script into the movie in the wake of Star Wars? It was all set to be a TV series but they decided to make it into a theatrical feature instead. Not that it turned out so great, but that was down to writing rather than the principle itself.

If WB had an action-oriented WW pilot script, they could easily expand that into a movie. Some pilots have enough there to engage audiences. It's just a matter of increasing the budget.
True, its just that given their reluctance to bring WW to the bring screen I really don't see it happening in that time frame. Also, what approach do they take. The current comic seems to be crtically acclaimed yet it seems some fans can't stand the approach.

I mean take a look at batman. The character has so many comics that are written very well and its only been recently that they've tapped into the wealth of the stories.

Wonder Woman fans can't even agree on what the character is. I think making her the daughter of zeus gives the character a new focus. Having her stand between the gods and humans gives the character a greater appeal because its at a personal level that the clay origin doesn't give.

I think making a WW film is a no brainer, the story just has to be done well. They also can't expect to give it a 200million dollar budget because if the recent crop of lower tier characters show, its not that easy to break that box office number domestically.

solidsnake86 is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #694
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,631
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

I don't see how WB can feasibly set up Justice League as a sequel to Man of Steel right out of the gate.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #695
mclay18
Sexed-up archery
 
mclay18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,077
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I don't see how WB can feasibly set up Justice League as a sequel to Man of Steel right out of the gate.
It only takes a rewrite or two to bring JL in line with MOS. It's doable without doing reshoots for MOS. I think it's feasible if the story is done right.

And 2016 is still up for grabs. WB could conceivably nab that available May 6, 2016 date since Marvel haven't booked it yet. Maybe have the MOS sequel open on summer 2015, then have JL open a year later.

__________________
Think McFly Think


"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 02:32 PM   #696
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 20,975
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Star Wars screams summer blockbuster though. It along with jaws just before it ushered in the the modern summer blockbuster phenomena.

I don't know if they see star wars as a fall/winter type of film. I can see Disney wanting to dominate the entire summer with a may release of A2 and a july release of SW:E7 or even vice-versa to give SW it's traditional may opening weekend.
Throw in a Pixar film and they'd lock it up no doubt.

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #697
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,631
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
It only takes a rewrite or two to bring JL in line with MOS. It's doable without doing reshoots for MOS. I think it's feasible if the story is done right.

And 2016 is still up for grabs. WB could conceivably nab that available May 6, 2016 date since Marvel haven't booked it yet. Maybe have the MOS sequel open on summer 2015, then have JL open a year later.
What will they do if Man of Steel underperforms?

What will they do about Green Lantern?

How is Man of Steel going to set up a story in Justice League?

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #698
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,862
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

All of those questions will be answered by 2015. Man of Steel probably won't set up a JL story because it's standalone, it'll just set up Superman's character and his respective part of the DC Universe.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #699
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,484
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
How is Man of Steel going to set up a story in Justice League?
It doesn't have to set up a story. Superman just "is" (by the end of the movie). I doubt the Justice League will be earth's favourite heroes like Avengers, and i doubt Man of Steel will end with everyone loving and accepting Superman. So it'll probably link up just fine without having some set-up at the end of MOS.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #700
Sun_Down
Groovy
 
Sun_Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 4,965
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
How is Man of Steel going to set up a story in Justice League?
Superman saves the day, but along the way realizes that even he can't do everything alone?

__________________
Itís the greatest gift we have - to bear their pain without breaking. And itís born from the most human power: hope.
Sun_Down is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.