The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #51
The Guard
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation

Quote:
This was another thing I was gonna bring up: this smells like a blatant cash grab.
WB makes movies to make money. It's a movie studio.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 06-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #52
riprat

Here's a quote from Mark Millar who has a friend who is the friend of the screen writer, (yes, friend of a friend, I know)
"His take on the team is incredible. Very real-world and not at all what you might expect. WB has a chequered history with their superhero characters. They're great with their boy wizards, but less consistent with their DC stable. But my chum said that this could be a thing of beauty and has been in the works for a little while now, not just an Avengers knock-off. Best of luck to them. The tidbits I heard sound quite dark and mature, which isn't what I expected. But word on Gangster Squad is great too so I feel this is in really good hands"

Old 06-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #53
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by riprat View Post
Here's a quote from Mark Millar who has a friend who is the friend of the screen writer, (yes, friend of a friend, I know)
"His take on the team is incredible. Very real-world and not at all what you might expect. WB has a chequered history with their superhero characters. They're great with their boy wizards, but less consistent with their DC stable. But my chum said that this could be a thing of beauty and has been in the works for a little while now, not just an Avengers knock-off. Best of luck to them. The tidbits I heard sound quite dark and mature, which isn't what I expected. But word on Gangster Squad is great too so I feel this is in really good hands"
yeah Mark Millar is about as trustworthy as the Joker

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 06-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #54
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
has anyone seen this crap?? This website will post anything...
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...tice-league-mo
CBN is so full of crap. If by "news" they mean "fanboy gossip" then yeah it's a great site for that.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #55
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
CBN is so full of crap. If by "news" they mean "fanboy gossip" then yeah it's a great site for that.
yeah pretty much...I'll believe it when I see it

Old 06-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #56
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
When Mark Millar says something, I assume the opposite. So the screenplay is probably just a bunch of drool-stained crayon scribbles.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #57
riprat

I don't know much about CBN but aintitcool is overwhelmingly negative about Justice League in its talk back, course they are negative about most everthing... I would love for Justice League to work, but there are so many variables and hurdles... script, casting, director's vision... Yikes!

Old 06-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #58
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
I don't know much about CBN but aintitcool is overwhelmingly negative about Justice League in its talk back, course they are negative about most everthing... I would love for Justice League to work, but there are so many variables and hurdles... script, casting, director's vision... Yikes!
I never go to AICN because they are just a bunch of assclowns. Like you said, almost always negative. I don't want to hear their *****ing and moaning

Old 06-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #59
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Well they are going to get negative feedback because despite whatever the truth is, perception is reality, and the perception that this is totally reactionary to Avengers. Their best bet would have been to wait until 2013 or so for any kind of official announcement. They could have gone forward with script development, but for pete sake we don't have the name of a producer or a director and all of a sudden this is greenlit?

Old 06-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #60
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I never go to AICN because they are just a bunch of assclowns. Like you said, almost always negative. I don't want to hear their *****ing and moaning
Total assclowns, I haven't been on that site in nearly 10 years. Well the last time I can remember reading something on there was Harry gushing over Attack of the Clones and how great it was to see Yoda whipping out his little green lightsaber. I personally thought the movie sucked.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #61
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Well they are going to get negative feedback because despite whatever the truth is, perception is reality, and the perception that this is totally reactionary to Avengers. Their best bet would have been to wait until 2013 or so for any kind of official announcement. They could have gone forward with script development, but for pete sake we don't have the name of a producer or a director and all of a sudden this is greenlit?
They didn't make an official announcement though...

Old 06-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #62
riprat

Ok, I'm not as smart as all of you on the Hollywood procedure with this, but has this been greenlit? To my understanding they just announced they had a writer tackle a script, or am I missing some news? Thanks, for any clarification you might have.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #63
DoomsdayApex
Æzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

I'll be honest, I'm not uber-excited about this announcement. However, all those anxious emotions could vanish or explode depending on the selection process involving the director, writers and cast.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #64
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Total assclowns, I haven't been on that site in nearly 10 years. Well the last time I can remember reading something on there was Harry gushing over Attack of the Clones and how great it was to see Yoda whipping out his little green lightsaber. I personally thought the movie sucked.
The only tolerable movie out of that trilogy was Revenge of The Sith. Harry is too smug and "know it all"-ie for me. I can't even recall the last time I went to that site...I'm not gonna struggle to remember either. I had forgotten all about it actually until it was mentioned here...

Old 06-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #65
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Ok, I'm not as smart as all of you on the Hollywood procedure with this, but has this been greenlit? To my understanding they just announced they had a writer tackle a script, or am I missing some news? Thanks, for any clarification you might have.
AS of yet, no, the movie hasn't been green lit. Scripting is the first, cheapest and easiest stage of making a film. Hell, there are scripts for Green Lantern 2&3, doesn't mean they'll ever see the light of day.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #66
gkokujin
Side-Kick

so what happens if the movie isn't green lit?

will this forum vanish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #67
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

That's what happened to the Justice League: Mortal section.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #68
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

The problem with a League movie is that it faces all the challenges the Avengers faced, in addition to having to not seem too much like The Avengers.

This isn't going to be easy.

Really, I think the smartest thing they could do is start a little more in medias res. Like, they're in an established super hero world, and some of the characters at least kind of know each other already (like Batman and Superman). Treat it like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, a film set in an alternate world that takes that world seriously and portrays how that world works with the differences it has from ours somewhat realistically. Less "Our World, but now there's super heroes" like The Avengers did it, but more "A world where there have been super heroes for a while and it as significantly changed how things work, but at the core life is still life and there are strong parallels to our world."

I think that would make for a very different feel and also call for different approaches to the story right off the bat. Plus, if you go with that angle enough then you might not have to set things up in other movies first.

Then, of course, the League forms around whatever the plot is, this time without the involvement of the government. Like, maybe it's Batman or Superman or Green Arrow (or some combination of the three) who bring them together. The government should probably be a factor, but more like an outside force they have to deal with.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #69
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
He's a noob for sure, but Castle is a good show. The script means little as Zak Penn is credited as a writer on Avengers when really none of his script was used (remember Hawkeye being the guy brought on to control the Hulk?).

That's why starting this thread is a bit of a joke until there's a director tied to the project.

The whole announcement is way too soon, and really makes Warner look like a bunch of douche heads doing this right before a major advertising campaign launch for TDKR.

They should have waited until 2013 for any kind of big announcement to let the Avengers buzz die down.
Wasn't his script for gangster squad on the blacklist, which is supposed to be a list of the best film scripts that didn't go into production or something?

Old 06-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #70
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Mark Millar talks too much.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #71
Rockstar
Banned User

Too little too late Warner Bros.

Justice League is going to look like a pale imitation, especially after Avengers II in 2015 with Thanos.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #72
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Lol. I imagine them trying to stick it to Marvel and have Darkseid right off the bat...before A2 with Thanos.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #73
Rockstar
Banned User

It would be impossible though.

How could they rush this into production for 2014 when they're only in the early scripting stages now? That's a mere two years from now.

Hard to believe we're in the midst of summer 2012.

2015 is the earliest and that's the year of Avengers II.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #74
LostSon88
Side-Kick

A2 likely will be bumped until 16'.

13' is Iron Man 3 and Thor.
14' is Captain America 2.
15' is (speculating) Hulk

Also keep in mind that Joss Whedon has stated numerous times that he needs a break. If they were to shoot for 15' they'd have to get the ball rolling on A2 very soon.

2016 seems more likely.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #75
LostSon88
Side-Kick

I still say the WB should start "small" with a Worlds Finest film teaming up just Superman and Batman.

THEN build on that to an eventual JL movie.

Frankly, id be more hyped for a Bat and Supes team up film than a JL one right now.

Closed Thread