The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 06-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #51
The Guard
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Villains of Justice League

Quote:
True, but Darkseid is THEE villain for the Justice League. His arrogance, intellect, strength levels, speed and armed forces are almost unmatched by the The League. It'll take a group effort to take him down.
It should a group effort to take down any threat they face.

Otherwise why is the League needed?

Quote:
I don't want him to go the way of Megatron by being someone elses lackey or partner.
Oh, heavens no. I'd say it could be something like:

1. Darkseid and the forces of Apokolips invade Earth.

2. The Legion of Doom. Not another single villain and organization, but a world full of villains and organizations banding together for a bid at world power. Darkseid is eventually revealed as being behind some component of the Legion of Doom and its actions, or whatever else happens in JL2 (He could be manipulating a government organization as well), as well as taking part in aggressions elsewhere in the universe. This is how I'd bring in The Hawks and Despero, and make The Justice League a more universal concept.

3. Unable to destroy the League through previous means, which ultimately threatens his universal dictatorship/empire, Darkseid initiates The Crisis.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night

Last edited by The Guard; 06-14-2012 at 04:01 PM.
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #52
CinematicESP
Side-Kick

I feel like WB would have to beat Marvel to the punch and do Darkseid before they do Thanos.

That said, I'd rather see a more earthly villain for the first film. I like the idea of Vandal Savage.

CinematicESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #53
KidHolland8
The Next Batman

I wonder how cool it would be to see Joker vs JL.

KidHolland8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:47 AM   #54
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I say Legion of Doom as well. I'd like to see something similar to the mini series "Justice" which was like a more modern and darker version of the challenge of the Superfriends.

Of course, they wouldn't have as many characters as in that, but it could still be something similar. I'd like to see Giganta on screen too.
Something like "Justice" could be interesting. Tonally at least. Even something like "Identity Crisis" would be interesting, tone-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
2. The Legion of Doom. Not another single villain and organization, but a world full of villains and organizations banding together for a bid at world power.
Supervillains working with the criminal underworld could be good, though it is working off Nolan's Batman (which isn't a bad thing.) I just wonder how they would explain so many supervillains' origins, or even the Justice League's. I do like the idea of superheroes/metahumans suddenly having to start revealing themselves to the world and coming out of the woodwork. And a group of supervillains affecting the whole world would definitely be a reason for that.

Last edited by Willi Berg; 06-15-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #55
The Guard
Side-Kick

It's cliche, but I envision the supervillains turning the world against the heroes on several levels, politically and otherwise, similar to the events of KINGDOM COME. I'd do the whole "Superman and others go rogue/mindcontrolled" in the second film, and build on that for the third film.

But it wouldn't neccessarily be supervillains working with the criminal underworld...that wouldn't amount to much VS The Justice League, as The League would make short work of most criminals. It'd be supervillains working with "lesser" supervillains.

So you'd have say, Vandal Savage, Lex Luthor, The Joker, Circe, Sinestro, Zoom, perhaps a white Martian, and Orm or Black Manta. And then you could populate their "Legion" with lesser known villains, ideally with those villains who have been part of a Legion of Doom, Society/Injustice Gang in the comics.

And depending on the state of/plans for the DC filmverse, there could even be a few strategically utilized "supervillain organizations", a la Joker's gang, Black Manta's soldiers, Flash's Rogues, Circe's minions, the remnants of Sinestro's forces, etc. That way you've got lots of cannon fodder with powers, but also several key threats in the major villains.

And I don't think you'd neccessarily need to explain the supervillains' origins. Just their motivations.

And if I'm right
Old 06-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #56
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I think White Martians is a way to go. or, honestly, I wonder how Amazo would work. Amazo is a super(or meta whatever you want to call them)human terminator imo. Maybe have him manipulated even (like the JL episode)by either Luthor(if he is in the universe) or someone like that. I think it'd be cool to see a live action version of the character.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #57
The Guard
Side-Kick

Amazo feels like one of those things that HAS to be in a Justice League franchise, but I wouldn't use it as a main villain.

I could see it as a robot created to oppose the team...maybe with gadgets that mirror their powers and defeat them, sort of a Tower of Babel-All-In-One machine.

Or maybe Amazo could be Apokoliptan technology, an adroid that actually does what Amazo does in the comics.

I toyed with "O" villains in my second JL script. Amazon, Despero, and Eclipso all having minor roles in the Legion of Doom's plans.

And if I'm right
Old 06-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #58
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

The problem I see with having it be the Justice League vs. a group of supervillains is that it can't just be about two powered superteams fighting it out with each other. It could go a little deeper and we see why the world, why humans need the Justice League and how the villains are really affecting regular people and the world. To immediately start a movie like this with a whole group of superheroes with assorted powers and a whole group of supervillains with their own assorted powers...in animation form we've seen it go very quickly to just being bombarded with two big teams slugging it out with not much story behind it.

If there is this scenario, it would be best not to have too many members on each side. That way we get to examine, say, what a few supervillains are up to, and how the JL come to find out everything that is going on. It can be part detective story before it becomes an effects/fight extravaganza.

While I liked the Avengers, I would want the JL movie to be a bit more than the main part of the movie being the superteam standing around in one confined space bickering with each other.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #59
Changeling
Banned User

I think it'd be great if DC got Edward Norton for a villain role in this movie

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:53 AM   #60
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

Injustice League or Legion of Doom ftw.

batlovescatDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #61
TheWatcher
Dapper

The White Martians would not only be menacing, using them would be a good way to introduce Martian Manhunter.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #62
GreenKToo
In the fire

I think it would take someone like Darkseid or Mongul to cause the league to form. Most villains can be taken care of one on one by the heroes, ie, batman/joker, superman/metallo, etc etc. It will take something huge to bring them all together.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #63
CinematicESP
Side-Kick

What if they faced an Atlantean threat? It could be a way to introduce Aquaman, who deserves a cool introduction if they ever hope to get a solo film made. The villain could be Ocean Master, who takes over the Atlantean army and wages war on humanity. I guess that would invite Thor-Loki comparisons, but at least it wouldn't be aliens. An underwater setting could be truly epic, and I'm sure the visuals would be stunning.

CinematicESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #64
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I think introducing Aquaman as a psuedo-villain would be a great way to introduce both aquaman and atlantis into the cinematic world.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #65
shauner111
Side-Kick

It would be a good idea putting the League against a team of villains. Something different.

I also don't want a bunch of bickering to take place where they try to either stuff comedy down our throats or the League being turned against each other because of the villains manipulation. Or some scene where Superman and Batman fight each other and Wonder Woman breaks it up. That last one wouldnt be too bad because its friggin Superman/Batman but anything that makes it obvious that theyre copying Marvels formula, im just not into.

I kinda don't want them to fight each other until they realize it's strength by numbers that gets the job done. It would be nice to see them not fight so much and to realize much sooner that they are a League and nobody ****s with them.

And please no embarrassing the main villain by the end of the villain, making him look weak. This isn't Loki or Scarecrow this is Darkseid or a whole team of villains , i want the villain/s to be a force to be reckoned with. Not some over-confident jabroni.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #66
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It would be a good idea putting the League against a team of villains. Something different.

I also don't want a bunch of bickering to take place where they try to either stuff comedy down our throats or the League being turned against each other because of the villains manipulation. Or some scene where Superman and Batman fight each other and Wonder Woman breaks it up. That last one wouldnt be too bad because its friggin Superman/Batman but anything that makes it obvious that theyre copying Marvels formula, im just not into.

I kinda don't want them to fight each other until they realize it's strength by numbers that gets the job done. It would be nice to see them not fight so much and to realize much sooner that they are a League and nobody ****s with them.

And please no embarrassing the main villain by the end of the villain, making him look weak. This isn't Loki or Scarecrow this is Darkseid or a whole team of villains , i want the villain/s to be a force to be reckoned with. Not some over-confident jabroni.
Definitely more than one way to skin a cat. It's just a matter of if they decide to do something different than what's been done. These are the same people(WB) who have been doing Superman and Batman since....forever, forgetting they even have a whole plethora of characters. Then when they decide to do a different character, they **** it up(GL).

I think if they go with a solo villain and don't go with an other-worldly/alien invasion, Vandal Savage is growing on me more and more. I wouldn't mind the 'team o villains' in the long run, but I would hope that would be for a sequel.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #67
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I wouldn't mind seeing Dr. Destiny. Don't know how much of a villain he was in the comics (if at all) but I am currently rewatching JL/JLU series and I quite liked that episode. Justice League in an Inception-like world would be fricking awesome.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #68
Changeling
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Dr. Destiny. Don't know how much of a villain he was in the comics (if at all) but I am currently rewatching JL/JLU series and I quite liked that episode. Justice League in an Inception-like world would be fricking awesome.
Whoa.. that is an amazing idea. Totally different from the Avengers, which is what I think WB should go for.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #69
Da Games Elite
Side-Kick

I feel that a team-up of villains would be best for the Justice League. The Avengers already did the whole alien invasion thing, and next Thanos will come up. White Martians and Darkseid right now would feel like too much of a rip-off, and not enough to make JL stand out.

I say have a bunch of villains trying to unleash hell on the world, all with their own agendas, all one-upping one another. Lex Luthor, Joker, and Sinestro would be musts. Maybe Vandall Savage. The characters would all have their distinct goals, and be a big enough threat to justify the League joining together. Honestly, I feel the Joker should be the one no one takes seriously until he screws up the world. >_<

Da Games Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #70
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Personally, I don't know how you do a villain team-up without Vandal.

His most recent portrayal and design on Young Justice was very well done. While Phil Morris will always be the animated savage (much like ironside with darkseid) I'd like to see the young justice version (at least with the scars and whatnot) be the main inspiration for his big screen look

Old 07-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #71
sethypants
Banned User

I would like to either see Darkseid or a legion of doom/injustice team up with Vandal Savage.

sethypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #72
sethypants
Banned User

I would not mind as well if we have a Starro like alien done the prometheus way. Or earth 3 characters with owlman and etc.

sethypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #73
Lord
All Mighty

Mongul

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #74
TheWatcher
Dapper

Vandal Savage+Legion of Doom, Darkseid, or White Martians.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #75
Changeling
Banned User

What about taking parts of the Tower of Babel storyline but replacing Ra's with Vandal Savage

I dunno bout anyone else but I also still wanna see Max Lord and the Omacs. The Omac project and Tower of Babel is what they should draw inspiration from. Vandal Savage and the Omacs could be crazy, with or without Lord. And since Vandal Savage can't die you could get particularly brutal with the fight scenes