The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 07-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #76
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Villains of Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It would be a good idea putting the League against a team of villains. Something different.

I also don't want a bunch of bickering to take place where they try to either stuff comedy down our throats or the League being turned against each other because of the villains manipulation. Or some scene where Superman and Batman fight each other and Wonder Woman breaks it up. That last one wouldnt be too bad because its friggin Superman/Batman but anything that makes it obvious that theyre copying Marvels formula, im just not into.

I kinda don't want them to fight each other until they realize it's strength by numbers that gets the job done. It would be nice to see them not fight so much and to realize much sooner that they are a League and nobody ****s with them.

And please no embarrassing the main villain by the end of the villain, making him look weak. This isn't Loki or Scarecrow this is Darkseid or a whole team of villains , i want the villain/s to be a force to be reckoned with. Not some over-confident jabroni.
Yes, I mean, I've seen 'Avengers' twice, but I am not very interested in the bickering in that movie anymore and only really want to see the end part again. I wouldn't want JL to be the same way. A team up movie can become tiresome if the heroes are mainly arguing with each other or even feeling sorry for themselves, which I felt made 'Watchmen' drag a little in places. The JL should face a threat throughout the movie where they don't have time to fight, but have to work together, or have to do their own thing. Not just hang around until the action-filled climax.

I wouldn't mind if we followed individual League character's own subplots for a lot of the movie. They could meet different members throughout, just not all at the same time. They could have separate storylines that come together towards the end, with a main thread connecting them. That way we can see how they handle situations on their own, to feature their particular powers, or relationships and backgrounds, and then they are all brought together. Basically, they don't have to be all thrown together at the beginning of the movie like a committee.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #77
Superhero 101
DESI

I would love to see a Legion of Doom but if not i wouldn't mind seeing Braniac he would be a awesome Villain for the League to handle

Old 07-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #78
sethypants
Banned User

i think if we follow individual heroes as a subplot then find them all tgt, we would need a team up. I propose we do exactly the way new 52 launched justice league.

sethypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #79
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

If they begin to unravel some sort of mystery individually, then they could realise that there is something bigger going on that is connected to all of them and that they need to work together to fight it.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:14 AM   #80
sethypants
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
If they begin to unravel some sort of mystery individually, then they could realise that there is something bigger going on that is connected to all of them and that they need to work together to fight it.
so basically like the plot for new 52 justice league.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #81
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethypants View Post
so basically like the plot for new 52 justice league.
I would want them to go a bit more in depth with the individual heroes and have them do more individually at first. Say, like we see Wonder Woman's world on Themyscira (like in the JL animated series, but in more detail) and then Hal Jordan's life in the Corps on Oa etc. Stuff like that. It was pretty well done in New Frontier in that there was a fair amount of time given to their individual stories.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #82
sethypants
Banned User

Might be tricky if there are too many elements though.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #83
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Well then they would probably have to work hard at getting it right or something.

The new 52 had an interesting setup, but it was kind of rushed, kind of too simple, and I did want a bit more from the heroes than them just appearing and fighting the bad guy. A movie can take more time to develop the heroes in a way that a comic like new 52 can't. Just because it is a teamup movie it doesn't mean it can't spend some time establishing the characters esp. if they don't get any lead up films, which Avengers had the luxury of having.

Last edited by Willi Berg; 07-08-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:21 AM   #84
8wid
Banned User

The villain would have to certainly top who was in The Avengers. Luthor is not yet cast in MOS yet and it would be unwise to use a villain not yet seen in a sequel for a Superman movie. Brainiac and Darkseid should be ruled out until they are seen in one of these movies first. It would also either have to be one that appears in one of these heroes films first. General Zod seems like the only option for now until more movies are made. Zod could bring about more villains from the Phantom Zone needing to be challenged by Superman and the others of great cunning in an invasion of Earth. I just hope it doesn't sound too much like the plot of MOS.

8wid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #85
COMPO
Side-Kick

If they're doing a sort of origin for the Justice League I think go with Darksied to have the monolific threat to bring them all together or Brainiac if they carry on from Man of Steel as Chapter One and then lead up to Darksied.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #86
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8wid View Post
Zod could bring about more villains from the Phantom Zone needing to be challenged by Superman and the others of great cunning in an invasion of Earth. I just hope it doesn't sound too much like the plot of MOS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPO View Post
If they're doing a sort of origin for the Justice League I think go with Darksied to have the monolific threat to bring them all together or Brainiac if they carry on from Man of Steel as Chapter One and then lead up to Darksied.
If MOS does tie in then it could be good to have Superman taking charge or recruiting/meeting the other heroes if the villain does have to do with him.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #87
Phantom X
Side-Kick

Oh this is too EASY! The Jl's villain should be DC's greatest hero, Superman. Picture this trailer: (Superman has 2 world leaders by the neck then tossing them like rag dolls) "Mr President, Superman has gone too far." (The Capital is on fire) "We've tried everything but nothing can stop him." (Superman firing heat vision at fleeing terrified citizens) "But he's not the only superhuman. There are others who may be able to help us. (Batman, Wonderwoman, Aquaman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, flash on screen) (Superman kickin ALL their asses) (Lex luthor enters) "This is what I've been warning everyone about but noone listened. Fortunately I have a plan." (More fighting scenes and some Kryptonite) (Superman defeated) (Lex smiles) "Stupid fools, this is only the beginning (Despero, Metallo, and Zod flash on screen). There ya have it. Nothin like the Avengers!(Hey! I mean that in a good way.)

Phantom X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #88
TheWatcher
Dapper

No.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #89
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Yeah... not gonna work buddy.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #90
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Yeh....nah.

Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #91
TheWatcher
Dapper

It would make a nice Elseworlds.

-Christian Bale
Old 07-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #92
Phantom X
Side-Kick

I've already submitted the rough draft to DC/WB and they loved it! When it comes to thinking up superhero storylines and plots I'm like Brainiac on krack. I'm sure someone will like my story, like that one guy who liked Green Lantern, or them 2 stoned guys who said Ghost Rider was deep and philosophical, and how about the little girl who said Howard the Duck was cool. They'd all love my movie. Sure maybe I'd have to change my identity and go into hiding and people might demand their money back at the movie, but quality isn't always appreciated right away, like fine wine it takes time. I bet most people who read my earlier post loved it! I am an artist who seeks only to bring joy into the sad world. You're welcome.

Last edited by Phantom X; 07-29-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Phantom X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #93
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

That was funny. You should joke more.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #94
TheWatcher
Dapper

We never said thank you.

-Christian Bale
Old 08-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #95
8wid
Banned User

If it's a trilogy I say, White Martians or Crime Syndicate of America for the first, the Legion of Doom led by Lex Luthor for the Second, and then Darkseid and his forces for the ultimate showdown.

8wid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #96
Lobo
Time for Roman's Reign

I know I'd want Despero in a JL movie at some point. Hyperclan would be cool, they could have been hiding on earth for years secretly influencing events with their telepathy and when J'onn shows up on the scene they try to recruit him, but he joins Earths heroes against them. I dnt think we will get J'onn, though. My guess is we'll get the Cyborg in MM's place team.

For that my ideal first villain for the team would be Lord and the OMACS. Have him and Waller concerned about the superhumans and the power they wield with the brightest minds on the planet Emil Hamilton, Luthor etc build a super powered army the government can control. Yeah it's a story thats been done before but it would be a good way to start IMO, I'd also have Superman off world in the beginning of the film.

Or if Zod is alive at the end of MoS you can have Sinestro break him and Faora out of whatever prison they're in and those three could be enough to force the League to come together

Old 08-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #97
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
I know I'd want Despero in a JL movie at some point. Hyperclan would be cool, they could have been hiding on earth for years secretly influencing events with their telepathy and when J'onn shows up on the scene they try to recruit him, but he joins Earths heroes against them. I dnt think we will get J'onn, though. My guess is we'll get the Cyborg in MM's place team.

For that my ideal first villain for the team would be Lord and the OMACS. Have him and Waller concerned about the superhumans and the power they wield with the brightest minds on the planet Emil Hamilton, Luthor etc build a super powered army the government can control. Yeah it's a story thats been done before but it would be a good way to start IMO, I'd also have Superman off world in the beginning of the film.

Or if Zod is alive at the end of MoS you can have Sinestro break him and Faora out of whatever prison they're in and those three could be enough to force the League to come together

Oh hell no, J'onn is too badass to replace with Cyborg.

The thing with Emil Hamilton could work though, since he's already going to be in MoS.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #98
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8wid View Post
If it's a trilogy I say, White Martians or Crime Syndicate of America for the first, the Legion of Doom led by Lex Luthor for the Second, and then Darkseid and his forces for the ultimate showdown.
The Legion of Doom would be cool to see. The only thing I'm not sure of is having Lex lead the team, especially if Darkseid is going to be the villain for the third JL movie. That's too many Superman villains taking the spotlight. I'd love for Vandal Savage to be in charge of the Legion, though... Dying to see him on the big screen.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #99
TheWatcher
Dapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

The thing with Emil Hamilton could work though, since he's already going to be in MoS.
He is? Great news!

-Christian Bale
Old 08-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #100
Lobo
Time for Roman's Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

I'd prefer Martian Manhunter but I don't think we'll get him, at least not at first.