You are hailing!

Default Re: The Villains of Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
He is? Great news!
Yep, Richard Schiff is playing him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
I'd prefer Martian Manhunter but I don't think we'll get him, at least not at first.
I was hoping the first JL movie would have the White Martian invasion. That way it would make sense to include J'onn.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #102
TheWatcher
Dapper

I'm a fan of his work. Excited to see this.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #103
Changeling
Banned User

I think I still wanna see Max Lord and the OMACs, or Brainiac....

The best would be Darkseid but Marvel beat DC coming out with Thanos.

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #104
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

DC should still do Darkseid, regardless of Thanos. The two characters are similar, but also completely different from each other. Plus, seeing his Omega Beams in live-action would be amazing. He should be saved for the third JL movie, though... After he's been introduced in one of Superman's movies as his enemy.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #105
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Perhaps a poll could be added to this thread?

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #106
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Despero

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #107
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

The Bizarro Justice League! Or Composite Superman!

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:17 AM   #108
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
I'd prefer Martian Manhunter but I don't think we'll get him, at least not at first.
Was it just a rumor, or didn't we get confirmation that the team would be the big 5 (Superman, Batman, WW, Flash and GL)?

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:53 AM   #109
Zionite1
Side-Kick

This is basically an idea for the Justice League movie that me and Tekken came up with it

Have the villain of the Justice League be the Illuminati!! The Justice League vs. The Illuminati; that would capture imaginations like no other. They could call it "The Light" as they do in Young Justice, but I personally think "Illuminati" is way more bad ass and scary.Have the Illuminati be led by Vandal Savage although you cld through in Ras Alghul and Circe into the mix.Think of it as the council of immortals

I feel like that's as realistic as you can get with a JL movie. In a world where there's a single cabal of individuals who have been controlling the events of human history (Savage being the leader), it makes sense for a band of superheroes to join forces to stop him. There's something about the Justice League that just lends itself to conspiracy theories - I hope conspiracies become a big part of this film series.

The story will be set in a world full of of already established superheroes,so expect cameos from lot of Dc Superheroes.Also If you have a world full of already established superheroes, the separate origins of the League members wouldn't matter.. the only important thing would be how the League itself was formed. In a world where superheroes are the norm, how they came to be wouldn't be all that necessary.So a Jlmovie wldnt suffer from lack of solo leadup.

.As for the Plot itself we cld show the Illuminati manipulating the public to hate superheroes and declare war on them only to get them out of the way so that the Illuminati and their armies can take control.The Story of the Leagues world mostly be a story of how Superman gathers the greatest Superheroes to stop the age of Superheroes fom coming to an end and of course save the world.The story wld really be about the importance of heroes.

I say save the alien invasion for the final film.

Last edited by Zionite1; 08-31-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #110
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
I think I still wanna see Max Lord and the OMACs, or Brainiac....

The best would be Darkseid but Marvel beat DC coming out with Thanos.

No need to rush Darkseid. He's kind of a "final" villain, anyway. I'd love to see Brainiac though and perhaps if some of the rumors are true, he'll show up in Man of Steel in some form and that will lead into Justice League. I also think Max Lord and the OMACs would be awesome. I think the OMAC story would be great for a sequel... you might be able to tease it in the first film, showing Max using the OMAC satellite to observe and locate all of the heroes to form the team. Then in part 2, Max could maybe team up with Luthor and perfect the OMACs to go and wipe out all of the heroes.

Or maybe you could have all of that in the first one, if you're trying to stay away from alien villains.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #111
Zionite1
Side-Kick

I think its a bad idea to have Solo villains make their appearance in a JL movie before they make a solo movie apperance,it kinda spoils them.Braniac should not show up in a Jl movie before he shows up in a Mos sequel.Thats like Loki showing up in the avenger before Thor .
The JL movie doesnt have to use solo villains-There are JL villains as well.For example.,arkseid is primarily a League villain even if he sometimes appears as a Superman villan.So he can be used without any solo movie apperances.

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #112
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
No need to rush Darkseid. He's kind of a "final" villain, anyway
Only if you're thinking "Small Justice League stories".

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #113
Changeling
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
No need to rush Darkseid. He's kind of a "final" villain, anyway. I'd love to see Brainiac though and perhaps if some of the rumors are true, he'll show up in Man of Steel in some form and that will lead into Justice League. I also think Max Lord and the OMACs would be awesome. I think the OMAC story would be great for a sequel... you might be able to tease it in the first film, showing Max using the OMAC satellite to observe and locate all of the heroes to form the team. Then in part 2, Max could maybe team up with Luthor and perfect the OMACs to go and wipe out all of the heroes.

Or maybe you could have all of that in the first one, if you're trying to stay away from alien villains.
What rumors are you talking about? Link? That would be AMAZING. I would have chosen Lex Luthor and Brainiac if i did MOS

Old 09-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #114
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I don't have any links, but I can corroborate what he said. Apparently Brainiac's Skull Ship appears on Krypton about 20 mins in to the film.

For the first film, if the big 7 is the roster, I would like to see the Pale Martians. They would be a precursor to Darkseid and the forces of Apokolips. As the Green Martians deciphered the Life equation, the Pale Martians seek Darkseid's assistance in gaining control of Mars, he supplies them with extra firepower but only under the condition they surrender the Life Equation to him.

If not the big 7 I would use a similar premise, but with Starro as he is in REBELS. If not aliens to be used, then I would resort to Max Lord and OMAC's.

The second and third film would be a two parter hybrid of Rock of Ages and Final Crisis, with a few bits of Tower of Babel thrown in.

Llama_Shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:43 AM   #115
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
What rumors are you talking about? Link? That would be AMAZING. I would have chosen Lex Luthor and Brainiac if i did MOS
It was a while ago... back when the movie was still in the casting process. It's from cosmicbooknews too, so take it with a grain of salt. But anyway, here it is:

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...-superman-2012

Like I said, this might be total BS, and even if it isn't, the rewrites that the script likely went through after this might have taken the Brainiac component out completely, I don't know.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #116
Changeling
Banned User

That website also says Lex Luthor is going to be in it

Old 09-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #117
RadioSha
Side-Kick

I want Lex Luthor to be one of the villains for the Justice League film. I think Lex Luthor and a Braniac combo, if they pull it off, could be an orgasmic first movie.

Combine Lex Luthor together with how Maxwell Lord wanted to bring superheroes together and you'll have a badass villain. He'll be the unusual glue guy for the formation of JL. Of course, Lex Luthor won't have powers

Braniac will prove to be the evil force driving the entire thing. I'll explain later

RadioSha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #118
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I think Brainiac and Luthor should be the villains for the MoS sequel instead.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #119
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I don't want villains to be crossing over franchises. So, I'd rather no Lex. They should go for Lord, he's an outright Justice League villain and can easily be an intimate villain as he has a personal connection to the League.

Llama_Shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #120
The1Galactus

People are saying Lobo but Legion of Doom would be a better choice

The1Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #121
Wesley Dodds
He Who Lurks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Oh The Irony!!!

Warner Brothers doesn't want to use Darkseid becasue they don't want to be seen as copying Marvel's Thanos yet Thanos is a copy/combination of DC's Metron and Darkseid.

Hahahaha! "Superman! I command you to-- FAP!"

Wesley Dodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #122
Boom
I got nothin'

Unless Nolan/Snyder somehow worked a clause into their contracts stipulating that MoS will have absolutely nothing to do with The Justice League, then WB can do whatever they want.

If they want Cavill back as Superman, it's a simple matter of offering him the part.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #123
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

As long as DC/WB does their job right nobody will confuse Thanos with Darkseid or even connect the two. They don't even have to look similar.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #124
Boom
I got nothin'

Agreed.

They have to use Darkseid at some point. It'd be completely asinine to have a JL franchise without him showing up. To omit the character out of fear of him being confused with Thanos would demonstrate a frightening lack of creativity on WB's part.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #125
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

For the first installment, bring in Lex Luthor. He'd be the main antagonist (along with US government and the OMACs).

DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote