Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #26
Parker Wayne
IT Boy!

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
A good director could pull MODOK off. That's why they're directors and we're not. They have vision.
I've been thinking more about it, and I actually think if you can angle him right, you can pull off MODOK. It's going to take a lot to make him a threat, but you can.

He just needs a Joker-like entrance early in the movie, a "magic trick" like scene that says, "yeah, this guy you shouldn't take lightly and shouldn't mess with", like Joker's magic trick in TDK.

Like MODOK vaporizing someone who laughs at his appearance.

But like I said in another thread, I'd rather they not use MODOK.

Last edited by Parker Wayne; 06-07-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #27
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
I've been thinking more about it, and I actually think if you can angle him right, you can pull off MODOK. It's going to take a lot to make him a threat, but you can.

He just needs a Joker-like entrance early in the movie, a "magic trick" like scene that says, "yeah, this guy you shouldn't take lightly and shouldn't mess with", like Joker's magic trick in TDK.

Like MODOK vaporizing someone who laughs at his appearance.
He needs to look frightening. Like something that just makes you wanna look away but you don't out of morbid fascination.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #28
Danalys
Sol Invictus

i'm not sure if they could keep a pg13 rating and make him not look silly.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:12 AM   #29
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danalys View Post
i'm not sure if they could keep a pg13 rating and make him not look silly.
Think of Two-Face in TDK. Simply shocking & built up perfectly. So if Pearce really does end up becoming MODOK, its the same formula. He looks human up until the third act of the film. Hopefully Killian isn't MODOK though, I just have that gut feeling they'll end up doing that.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:38 AM   #30
Casius--J
Web Master

I actually thought there was a lot more support for MODOK to be in the MCU, quite surprising to see that isn't the case at least in this part of the forum.

I agree MODOK is a very silly character and it would be quite difficult to make bring him to the big screen in a serious manner. Not impossible though and yes most likely if they use him it would be to a point where we don't really recognise him. I mean honestly if they didn't announce that the Abomination would be TIH I would not have known who it was by looking at the pictures/trailers.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:09 AM   #31
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casius--J View Post
I actually thought there was a lot more support for MODOK to be in the MCU, quite surprising to see that isn't the case at least in this part of the forum. I agree MODOK is a very silly character & it would be quite difficult to make bring him to the big screen in a serious manner. Not impossible though & yes most likely if they use him it would be to a point where we don't really recognise him. Honestly if they didn't announce that Abom would be in TIH I would not have known who it was by looking at the pics/trailers.
If they're gonna change him too much, I'd rather they don't use him at all. What happened with Abom in TIH was they couldn't justify the reptilian features when everything else in the film was so grounded. I'm sure there was a way to write in a reason for it like "Blonsky, we have to inject you with a hormone derived from frogs to allow the serum to work properly." There were definitely ways to do it, they just didn't try. MODOK can be done faithfully.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:43 AM   #32
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

frogs are amphibians.

anyway, MODOK is something I don't want to see in a movie if that movie takes itself serious and is more than just Transformers, where they can put more outlandish stuff in it and nobody cares anyway because there are enough explosions to look at.
The MCU is better than that.
However if they find a way to do MODOK without the giant floating head thing, MODOK could be taken seriously... it just on't be MODOK.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 06-08-2012, 04:48 AM   #33
Casius--J
Web Master

Personally I would rather them not include him. For me its give me floating heads or NOTHING lol

Old 06-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #34
Tissues
Side-Kick

I would love to see MODOK on the big screen. I'm a fan of not shying away from the outrageous ideas as long as you can still keep some credibility.

My short film about hair loss.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 06-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #35
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
I actually thought there was a lot more support for MODOK to be in the MCU, quite surprising to see that isn't the case at least in this part of the forum.

I agree MODOK is a very silly character and it would be quite difficult to make bring him to the big screen in a serious manner. Not impossible though and yes most likely if they use him it would be to a point where we don't really recognise him. I mean honestly if they didn't announce that the Abomination would be TIH I would not have known who it was by looking at the pictures/trailers.
I'm interested in the idea of MODOK in the MCU, but I think he fits the tone of Captain America better. I'm just not sure he'd make a great Iron Man villain (in the MCU). Plus the writers of Cap have expressed an interest in using the character. Though I would hope that while redesigned to look more imposing and less silly, he would still be reminiscent of his comic counterpart. Though I also hope that we see Zola in his robot form in a Cap sequel too.

What I'm not interested in though is seeing him completely rewritten and reduced to an in-joke like some form of virus that's nicknamed MODOK or anything like that.

Nor do I want to see him merged with Killian of all people. I feel like that would completely wreck the Extremis storyline. If Killian takes Extremis and that's what it does to him then it feels silly and would likely ruin the possibility of Stark taking Extremis and evolving due to it both in terms of power set and as a character.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #36
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

I'm all for some MODOK action. bring on the head!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #37
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I'm open to Modok, but want him done seriously, and prefer him not to be in IM3. If he shows up and we've got the Mandarin as well, it could turn into that 90s Iron Man cartoon where he was Mandarin's lackey. And if Modok features in a Hulk film with Abomination, then it will become Super Hero Squad.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 06-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #38
Casius--J
Web Master

In all likely hood the reference to AIM was to potentially use MODOK in Cap 2 as I've read that the writer/s wanted to use him and may have gotten their way after all.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #39
cherokeesam
Run Forever, Warrior RIP

Quote:
In all likely hood the reference to AIM was to potentially use MODOK in Cap 2 as I've read that the writer/s wanted to use him and may have gotten their way after all.
Let's see: MODOK wanted for Cap 2; two comedy directors, The Russo Brothers, hired to direct Cap 2.

I don't like the direction Cap 2 is headed.....:sigh:

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #40
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

"It's like a Frost Giant's Head on an infants body!" - Thor

Old 06-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #41
Casius--J
Web Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Let's see: MODOK wanted for Cap 2; two comedy directors, The Russo Brothers, hired to direct Cap 2.

I don't like the direction Cap 2 is headed.....:sigh:
I know right, like I wrote before on paper its not looking good. But I have faith in Marvel so I'm keeping an open mind.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #42
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Jesus, it's like peoples faith goes bust as soon as they walk out of the theater from the last film. They're not going to just up and make Cap 2 a wacky comedy.

Anyway I've said before, can the humor and concentrate on making Modok as freakish and unsettling as possible and people won't be laughing. He's a perversion of science, not a vaudville performer.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 06-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #43
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

If they didn't do Arnim Zola freakishly, I sincerely doubt you ever see a big screen MODOK. There are better baddies. Why waste time with a potential huge misfire and complicated villain to portray on screen?

I love when people give that generic answer, "Well if the right director/screen play" ...... You're getting into TMNT Krang territory with MODOK. No freakin' thanks.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 06-08-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #44
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
So the writer wanted head and managed to get his way?

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 06-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #45
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Hmm...no clue from RIM yet today?

ゴジラ
Old 06-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #46
superkong 500
Side-Kick

I just wish that when that new IM suit is revealed, 1) there's no silver/grey pieces in it just red and gold and 2) its a bulkier armor ala mark III. Maybe not as bulky, but not as slim as the last two suits. I loved the thicker wider frame also the wider jaw/face and neck, made him look more intimidating.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #47
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

"Thereís a punk rock quality to Peter Parker thatís really irreverent and fun and thatís something that Andrew embodies in a way that we havenít seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or thereís a darker projection, but weíre very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
Old 06-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #48
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Four Tech?

Old 06-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #49
superkong 500
Side-Kick

edit

Old 06-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #50
Chewy