The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #251
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

I agree with you but I think one of secondary Characters In Brotherhood(Angel or Riptide) may remain for the big X-Men VS Brotherhood showdown.I think 1 other besides Wolverine,Storm,Magneto,and Xavier will be In future sequenze or scenes but those 4 will be main ones for future.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #252
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

of course there should be background mutants in the future, and maybe a known mutant from the comics as a secondary role in the future sequences.

just 3 or 4 x-men as the only surviving mutants is unrealistic

Old 09-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #253
Angamb
Banned User

of course there should be background mutants in the future, and maybe a known mutant from the comics as a secondary role in the future sequences.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #254
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
well, that would've been right around the time he enlisted an was shipped off to the war, so, he wouldn't be around, anyway
They'd need to explain the absence of the 1960s Wolverine though, because the cameo in First Class was memorable and not some background glimpse.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #255
Angamb
Banned User

we dont need any explanation about Wolverine in the upcoming x-men movies anymore, lol

He has had three x-men movies as the lead, two solo movies and a First Class cameo, and if he appears in the future in the FC sequel, fine.

But thats more than enough

Old 09-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #256
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
They'd need to explain the absence of the 1960s Wolverine though, because the cameo in First Class was memorable and not some background glimpse.
Memorable to who? For X and Magneto, he's that mutant that didn't even turn to look at them in the bar, and Logan himself may not remember anything by this time.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #257
JP
Smelly

Quote:
I don't understand why they would need to explain his absence?

Old 09-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #258
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I second that, they don't have to explain anything! It was just a cameo he's not part of the team and they don't care about what he's doing.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #259
JP
Smelly

I mean, if Xavier and Magneto come into contact with Logan, their first thought is going to be "Hey, we met his present day self for 3 seconds once, LET'S GO FIND HIM!!!"

Old 09-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #260
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Well, if we see Wolverine in the future and one future X-Men member (whether Wolverine or not) is sent back to the past, wouldn't Wolverine wonder about his own past version? I know I would.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #261
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I second that, they don't have to explain anything! It was just a cameo he's not part of the team and they don't care about what he's doing.
basically, lol.

lets talk about Kitty Pride now, please

or James Marsden, I dont care, haha

Old 09-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #262
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Memorable to who? For X and Magneto, he's that mutant that didn't even turn to look at them in the bar, and Logan himself may not remember anything by this time.
I meant memorable to the viewers who saw the film.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #263
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Well, if we see Wolverine in the future and one future X-Men member (whether Wolverine or not) is sent back to the past, wouldn't Wolverine wonder about his own past version? I know I would.
of course he would.

But stuff like that is no needed in a movie with this scale and with main characters like young Magneto and Xavier, more the new characters of First Class.

Its time to develop them, not to give Wolverine more lines than needed.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #264
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

Of course, you know what will happen.

There will be a future cameo by someone exciting like, for example, Polaris or Scarlet Witch.

Then they will decide later they want that character in another First Class film set in the 60s so we all have to pretend it wasn't really Polaris or Wanda after all.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #265
JP
Smelly

Quote:
But that's kind of irrelevant to the storyline and would add nothing.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #266
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If Wolverine Is time travler they may adapt from original storyline of changing mind with 1960's Wolverine.With Anna Paquin defently unavailable Wolverine Is most likely one to
eather physical travel back In time or exchange minds with younger self Inless they try to get Ellen Page back.

Some want this to be more complicated than It needs to be.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #267
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Of course, you know what will happen.

There will be a future cameo by someone exciting like, for example, Polaris or Scarlet Witch.

Then they will decide later they want that character in another First Class film set in the 60s so we all have to pretend it wasn't really Polaris or Wanda after all.

dont be so negative xmaniac. It doesnt have to be someone AS important.

I was meaning a character from recent years, someone from latest generations, not a son of Magneto, hehe.

I need Polaris in a future first class sequel.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #268
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I need Polaris in this first class sequel.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #269
Angamb
Banned User

me too.

honestly I would leave DOFP just to have a 'normal' sequel with the First Class x-men more Polaris and Sunfire

Old 09-06-2012, 05:56 AM   #270
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
But that's kind of irrelevant to the storyline and would add nothing.
My concern is that interviewers/reporters/critics/fans will ask 'Where was 60s Wolverine during all this, the one we saw briefly in First Class?'

Now, of course, future Wolverine wouldn't remember his past at all, so he couldn't answer that he must have been in Vietnam at the time or whatever.

Most of the continuity issues/questions in these films relate to cameo appearances and I'm keen that the filmmakers bear that in mind this time and make sure the story is watertight (and not overstuffed with mutant cameos!).

Was The Avengers packed with cameos and Easter eggs? No.

Was The Dark Knight Rises packed with cameos and Easter eggs? No. (We may have seen Scarecrow again but we didn't get glimpses of Penguin, Riddler, etc).

If they map out this series - especially the main characters they want to introduce - then further continuity issues won't arise. I just hope they are careful and thoughtful.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #271
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Anna Paquin Is defently out.True Blood starts filming In January.Famke Janssen won't be back.Bringing back Ian Mckellan could also run Into trouble.It depends when DOFP goes Into production and when addational Filming for the Hobbit begins.

Hugh Jackman will probally appear.Now rather he only appears In future sequenze or rather he Is also time traveler Is up In air.James Marsden appearing depends on one thing.Are they going to only consider X-Men and X2 to connect First Class or Is Last Stand as well.The sentinles future will almost certinly be used to connect First Class to earlier films.The question remains which ones.Besides Time traveler the returning actors will be expanded Cameos.I think Halle Berry and Patrick Stewert are likely.
Besides Jackman and Mckellan the more obvious possibiltys are Shawn Ashmore,Daniel Cudman,and possibly Rebecca Romijn.

Will they try ot get Ellen Page back?That Is big unknown.
Except for Ellen Page, I think all of the actors who were in the original trilogy could appear in the movie especially if their scene is just a cameo. Famke Jannsen is starring in Taken 2, a movie that will be released by FOX, so if they asked her to return, I don't think she would turn it down.

I heard Ian McKellen was filming Lord of the Rings and X2 at the same year, I don't think he wouldn't return for DOFP because of his commitments to the Hobbit. The Hobbit also already completed principal photography. They will still have to shoot some scenes but I don't think that would eat up Ian McKellen's schedule.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 09-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #272
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Having Famke Janssen just creates problems.This film will not be about trying to continue the Last Stand.The future scenes are about seeing Sentinles In future and
mutants against them.

I have heard reports that say next year there are planned 2 months of addational filming
for the Hobbit.They could work X-Men and Hobbit around Ian Mckellen's schedule.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #273
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Famke Janssen must return,she is amazing!!

Old 09-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #274
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

If the future timeline is different from that in X1-X3, then I don't see why Famke Janssen couldn't come back.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #275
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Aye maybe we could get a proper Phoenix down the line this time.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Closed Thread