The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #276
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Aye maybe we could get a proper Phoenix down the line this time.
Yeah but maybe they should do that with the "younger" Jean Grey to make it fresh instead of Famke Jannsen playing the role of the Dark Phoenix again.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 10-02-2012, 03:45 AM   #277
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

under the assumption (hope) that DoFP has a time-traveller from the original timeline that creates the First Class timeline:

I think the original cast should play the characters in the original timeline (the ones that are still alive at least),

and I think a whole set of new actors should play the characters in the First Class timeline because the characters should be younger.

I think due to the butterfly effect of time-travelling (or perhaps intentionally), Scott, Jean, etc are all born earlier.

I think the Storm/Cyclops 'cameos' in First Class should be legit (Havoc is Scott's brother), and in the movie we get to see them recruited a few years later, when they are late teens/young adults and we get to watch their introduction to Xavier, etc (something X-Men 1 didn't touch upon)

These younger versions require a new cast not only because they are younger but because they are technically different people (butterfly effect on genetics, similar but not identical circumstances, etc).

(oh, and if you want to get anal about it, perhaps Wolverine and Mystique's older version of herself look the same as the original timeline because they were born long ago before the timeline was split)

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 10-02-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #278
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Except for Ellen Page, I think all of the actors who were in the original trilogy could appear in the movie especially if their scene is just a cameo. Famke Jannsen is starring in Taken 2, a movie that will be released by FOX, so if they asked her to return, I don't think she would turn it down.
Also, Famke's schedule will be clear when the film starts. She is the star of the new horror series, Hemlock Grove, but that only films until December 2012. At that point, she will have a 6 month hiatus before the second season begins filming. Her profile will also be increased after starring in sure-fire hit Taken 2, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters in January, and her series premiering in early 2013 as well, so that might help her chances (especially since I can't imagine she's that expensive to hire).

Old 10-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #279
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think the Storm/Cyclops 'cameos' in First Class should be legit (Havoc is Scott's brother), and in the movie we get to see them recruited a few years later, when they are late teens/young adults and we get to watch their introduction to Xavier, etc (something X-Men 1 didn't touch upon)
Part of me wonders...could Cerebro detect mutants through time?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #280
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Part of me wonders...could Cerebro detect mutants through time?
Good question, because my idea for the movie would be someone (maybe Jean) sends Xavier's mind back in time through Cerebro, and in the 60s or whenever young Xavier will have just rebuilt Cerebro with the help of Magneto and he'll receive his older counterpart's memories from the future when he first tries it out. Then Magneto will believe the future is a warning TO assassinate the politician where Xavier tries to explain it's the other way around.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:51 AM   #281
Angamb
Banned User

interesting question definetly. but maybe that would be too much power for a machine built to improve Xaviers power. I mean, how could a machine detect mutants that arent born yet? that would be too much, at least for me.

on other side, this is current top 5 of the poll:

1. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine - 60 votes
2. James Marsden as Cyclops - 43
3. Ellen Page as Shadowcat - 42
4. Anna Paquin as Rogue - 30
5. Halle Berry as Storm - 29

they would be a cool team, wouldnt they?

I highly doubt they get three actresses back, but I would definetly enjoy it. To watch three x-woman from the original trilogy back in the sequel would be really special, I mean, seeing older version of the characters we saw on X3, and to see them stronger and fighting harder than ever, specially Kitty and Rogue

Last edited by Angamb; 10-03-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #282
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I don't want any actors from the previous X-movies returning. They already have a new Professor X, Magneto, Beast, etc. so are they seriously going to drop two young new actors for the ones that played the parts in the older movies? I love Stewart and Mckellen in the roles, but they could have McAvoy and Fassbender age as the movies go along. It just seems odd if they choose to go with the old cast, especially if Fox chooses to connect the X-Universe with the rebooted Fantastic Four Universe.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #283
BMM
Side-Kick

You act like Stewart and McKellen are going to completely replace McAvoy and Fassbender.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #284
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I don't want any actors from the previous X-movies returning. They already have a new Professor X, Magneto, Beast, etc. so are they seriously going to drop two young new actors for the ones that played the parts in the older movies? I love Stewart and Mckellen in the roles, but they could have McAvoy and Fassbender age as the movies go along. It just seems odd if they choose to go with the old cast, especially if Fox chooses to connect the X-Universe with the rebooted Fantastic Four Universe.
I doubt McKellen and Stewart would do a whole new series of films. They'll be in the future sequences.

But it's a good point. i wonder who they are considering for the next film(s) after DoFP. A mix of old and new cast (but not the oldest!) or what?

Old 10-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #285
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

A third film with first Class cast set In 1970's that Introduces teenage Cyclops and Jean
with possibilty of Bryan Singer directed film with original series cast after that.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #286
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
You act like Stewart and McKellen are going to completely replace McAvoy and Fassbender.
I don't want them there at all. If they want to do an future thing where everyone is old, then make McAvoy and Fassbender look older with a mixture of makeup and cg. It would be like what they did in X3 for Charles and Erik, but reversed. While I liked the old cast, this is their chance to have different versions of characters that are more closer to their comic book counterparts. Storm, Colossus, and Cyclops come to mind when I say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I doubt McKellen and Stewart would do a whole new series of films. They'll be in the future sequences.

But it's a good point. i wonder who they are considering for the next film(s) after DoFP. A mix of old and new cast (but not the oldest!) or what?
Yeah, I'm wondering that as well. I want it to be a new cast. They should cast another Jean Grey, Cyclops, Storm, etc. Have a clean slate. Imo, it makes no sense for them to bring everyone back if they're going in a new direction. It would be like Spider-Man keeping the same guy that played JJJ, Tobey as Spidey, Dunst as MJ, or anyone else you can think of.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 10-03-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #287
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
I don't want them there at all. If they want to do an future thing where everyone is old, then make McAvoy and Fassbender look older with a mixture of makeup and cg. It would be like what they did in X3 for Charles and Erik, but reversed.

Yeah, I'm wondering that as well. I want it to be a new cast. They sould cast another Jean Grey, Cyclops, Storm, etc. Have a clean slate. Imo, it makes no sense for them to bring everyone back if they're going in a new direction. It would be like Spider-Man keeping the same guy that played JJJ, Tobey as Spidey, Dunst as MJ, or anyone else you can think of.
It would appear that First Class is a prequel and not a reboot of any sorts.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #288
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Yes... it would appear.... by watching the film.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #289
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Yeah, which is what I'm not too fond of. They have a great new cast and they're just going to dump them when it comes back to the current and/or future times in the movies?

Maybe that's what they're aiming for, but it's not an idea that I'm fond of. But they've already done the Rebecca Romijn thing in FC for Mystique, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #290
JP
Smelly

You're making little sense. First Class is a prequel.. always has been. Now they want to tell a story that involves the present AND the future, why wouldn't they use both casts?

Old 10-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #291
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I'm making sense, you're just not comprehending. I don't want the old cast in the future. Have the new cast in the future as well, while aging them with makeup/technology if they must.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #292
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Bryan Singer as story writer and Producer of first Class and promational campagin designed to tell you first Class was telling the back story of Xavier and Magneto wasn't a clue this
was a prequel?

Seropusly more time will be sent with first Class cast than Original films cast In DOFP besides time travler.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #293
JP
Smelly

Quote:
I'm making sense, you're just not comprehending. I don't want the old cast in the future. Have the new cast in the future as well, while aging them with makeup/technology if they must.
But this is still an X-Men film in the same universe as all the others. Why the hell would you put make up on the actors when the audience has already accepted who these characters will be in the future. Why even do DoFP at all? That makes no sense.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #294
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
But this is still an X-Men film in the same universe as all the others. Why the hell would you put make up on the actors when the audience has already accepted who these characters will be in the future. Why even do DoFP at all? That makes no sense.
But will it still be in the same universe? Think down the line, what if Fox attempts to meld their rebooted Fantastic Four universe with the X-universe? Either way, the universe will be altered so I think a new cast should be there.

What are they planning to do anyway, ignore X3? I'd have no problem if they did, but in FC Charles got paralyzed, yet in X3 he's seen walking with Erik to Jean's house. How the hell is that in continuity? What about Charles not knowing Mystique in the first X-Men, but in FC they were living together? How about Erik helping Charles build Cerebro in the previous movies, but in FC, Beast is the one to do it? Regardless of the different directors, they've already begun to change things around. I'd rather a new cast, and I don't plan on changing my opinion.

Edit: Never mind about Stryker, that was supposed to be his dad.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 10-03-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:28 AM   #295
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Heart Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

I want original trilogy actors, not news.I love Famke,Rebecca,Stewart,Mackellen,Halle Berry,Anna Paquin...they are amazing actors.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:42 AM   #296
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
Think down the line, what if Fox attempts to meld their rebooted Fantastic Four universe with the X-universe? Either way, the universe will be altered so I think a new cast should be there.
Altered timelines don't change characters appearances. They'd still grow to look like how they were meant to look. And what does the FF reboot have to do with ANYTHING?
Quote:
What are they planning to do anyway, ignore X3? I'd have no problem if they did, but in FC Charles got paralyzed, yet in X3 he's seen walking with Erik to Jean's house. How the hell is that in continuity? What about Charles not knowing Mystique in the first X-Men, but in FC they were living together? How about Erik helping Charles build Cerebro in the previous movies, but in FC, Beast is the one to do it?
Mechanical leg braces, at no point was it stated that Xavier and Mystique didn't know eachother, and they were refering to the X mansions Cerebro. Got anything else?

Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #297
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
Altered timelines don't change characters appearances. They'd still grow to look like how they were meant to look. And what does the FF reboot have to do with ANYTHING?Mechanical leg braces, at no point was it stated that Xavier and Mystique didn't know eachother, and they were refering to the X mansions Cerebro. Got anything else?
How do you know he was referring to the X-Mansion's cerebro? Until I see Magneto assisting Charles in the construction of Cerebro inside of the mansion, that hasn't been established at this point in time. Mechanical leg braces? It's fine that you're coming to your own conclusions, but once again, that hasn't been officially established and it appeared as though Charles was walking on his own. That's just like saying that the reason Hank McCoy appeared human in his easter egg scene during X-2 was due to a holographic image inducer. There's no fact about that, only assumption. Charles was even walking in Wolverine Origins, which was presumably set in the late 70's. And when did I say anything about altered timelines affecting character appearances? As a matter of fact, how do you even know that these altered timelines won't change character appearances(costumes)? I'm also wondering if they will eventually discard their FC cast so that the old cast will take center stage in future X-Movies set in current times, which I think would be a mistake because they have some great actors/actresses that can carry the franchise from now on. You're coming up with all of these reasons based on your own conclusions, not official movie canon.

How do you know the FF won't affect the X-Universe? If Fox is planning to meld the two universes, then FF's events will affect or be mentioned in the X universe, and vice versa. Just like the MCU does to show that these heroes are in the same universe and how what they do is apart of a larger picture. Simple logic. I never said it wasn't possible, however I was asking what if Fox did meld the two universes together? Where would the FF have been the entire time that the X-Movies were happening? Would they be a new group, just coming onto the scene? Have they been away all this time? Or will they just start fresh on the Universe with both franchises? All of these questions are what I hope will one day be answered one day by Fox. Got anything else?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 10-13-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #298
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
How do you know he was referring to the X-Mansion's cerebro? Until I see Magneto assisting Charles in the construction of Cerebro inside of the mansion, that hasn't been established at this point in time. Mechanical leg braces? It's fine that you're coming to your own conclusions, but once again, that hasn't been officially established and it appeared as though Charles was walking on his own. That's just like saying that the reason Hank McCoy appeared human in his easter egg scene during X-2 was due to a holographic image inducer. There's no fact about that, only assumption. Charles was even walking in Wolverine Origins, which was presumably set in the late 70's. And when did I say anything about altered timelines affecting character appearances? As a matter of fact, how do you even know that these altered timelines won't change character appearances(costumes)? I'm also wondering if they will eventually discard their FC cast so that the old cast will take center stage in future X-Movies set in current times, which I think would be a mistake because they have some great actors/actresses that can carry the franchise from now on. You're coming up with all of these reasons based on your own conclusions, not official movie canon.
Your post wasn't addressed to me, but I wanted to comment on it. We do know from the original films that a second Cerebro is built in the mansion and it seems logical that Magneto's powers would be needed in the construction of that big round room with all the metal panels.

You're right that we haven't seen it yet, though.

In a sense, both you and Dagenspear are right. You are right that there are unanswered questions, but it's also fair to say that some of the suggestions for answering them make sense. Fans of a franchise are always going deep into it and filling in the blanks themselves - this happens with all films and certainly all the films I see discussed on SHH. I've seen people coming up with explanations for the unanswered questions (and/or plotholes) in every single film debated on here. The Dark Knight Rises, Superman Returns, Looper, Avengers, you name it and it's been discussed and dissected to death!

Hopefully, Fox's attempts to create a shared universe prevents these questions, inconsistencies and continuity issues from occurring.

Quote:
How do you know the FF won't affect the X-Universe? If Fox is planning to meld the two universes, then FF's events will affect or be mentioned in the X universe, and vice versa. Just like the MCU does to show that these heroes are in the same universe and how what they do is apart of a larger picture. Simple logic. I never said it wasn't possible, however I was asking what if Fox did meld the two universes together? Where would the FF have been the entire time that the X-Movies were happening? Would they be a new group, just coming onto the scene? Have they been away all this time? Or will they just start fresh on the Universe with both franchises? All of these questions are what I hope will one day be answered one day by Fox. Got anything else?
Yes, we don't know at this point how FF will feature in the shared universe. I'd imagine that they first need to be relaunched with a new origin story and new cast, before any crossovers occur. So I would think we won't see them meeting each other for a while yet, but I have no idea whether that's right.
Of course, Franklin Richards is part of DoFP in the comics, so it's possible he could appear there (but it would be a bit meaningless before we see his parents on screen first). It took six films before Avengers so it might take six films from now until an X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover (which would probably see them facing off against Galactus).

They could also have included Daredevil if they'd got their act together in time. Joe Carnahan's planned 70s-set film for Daredevil could have fitted in with a 70s era X-Men First Class threequel - maybe the newly-blinded Matt Murdoch, struggling to make sense of his new abilities, first went to see a specialist in superhuman powers (Xavier? Beast?). And Daredevil could easily have existed alongside Deadpool or Wolverine on screen. There would have been potential there. The danger is in making it feel forced, but then again all these heroes have met up and crossed over in the comics.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #299
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
Mechanical leg braces, at no point was it stated that Xavier and Mystique didn't know eachother, and they were refering to the X mansions Cerebro. Got anything else?
We call this fanwankery.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #300
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yes, we don't know at this point how FF will feature in the shared universe. I'd imagine that they first need to be relaunched with a new origin story and new cast, before any crossovers occur. So I would think we won't see them meeting each other for a while yet, but I have no idea whether that's right.
Yup and Millar conifrms that here.
http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/10/12/mark...ro-consultant/
Quote:
“I don’t think it’s something anyone would want to rush into. Following that Marvel model, we want to establish things first. If you had a Fantastic Four relaunch, and Wolverine and the X-Men were in it, I think it would distract you from the Fantastic Four.
But yeah, Franklin could maybe still show up like you said, if they wanted to go more by the comics.

Last edited by def28; 10-13-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Closed Thread