The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #326
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:13 AM   #327
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
For continuity purposes - and God help us, we need to ensure that - then it should be Halle and I'm sure it will be Halle. Hopefully with better hair, better acting and better directing! I like the Storm hair in the image above, much better than the horrible fringe in X1.
I think that the movies need to focus a lot on continuity from here on out. If Fox and the powers that be want to build a universe good enough to rival Marvel's Cinematic universe. Recasting actors at this stage would be counteracting that.

Quote:
If they're tying it together with the original films I'd rather they get Halle or just leave the character out.
Exactly my point.

Quote:
It'll be Halle or nobody. People won't get excited about a big X-Men reunion if characters are re-cast.

Quote:
She must return, is the biggest star after Hugh.
These two quotes make up a second point. DoFP will need all the publicity it can get if it's to be a direct rival to Marvel and especially since it may be opening against Warner's the Hobbit. The idea of having a reunion of the cast in an event movie would garner all types of hype but if a character is recast, even Halle Berry, it defeats the purpose of the reunion. Also I think someone else mentioned that it would make no sense if a new actress play storm, whoever that may be, would look out of place with the old cast.

Also as I said this film will need all the publicity and attention it can get. But no matter how well they market it the film won't do as well if they don't have big stars to carry it. Fassbender, McAvoy and Lawrence have all had their profiles boosted since First Class but still are not bigger stars than Halle Berry, who arguably is the biggest star to have appeared in the entire X-Men franchise after Hugh Jackman. In addition Halle is also about to have her profile raised in the upcoming Cloud Atlas. (With which she has an awards push from Warner Brother's in their For Your Consideration picks.)

I also personally hold the belief that with better directing and better writing Halle will be able to portray Storm well. If not just stick her in a scene throwing lightning at sentinels either way don't recast her.

Essay over!

Old 10-16-2012, 05:31 AM   #328
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
One other possibility might be Christine Adams, the British actress who was Sixers leader Mira in the Terra Nova series...

She exactly looks like Storm in the comics!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 10-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #329
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

I'd love to see Marsden return.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #330
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
I agree! And I think he wants to, too!

Old 10-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #331
Angamb
Banned User

Id be dissapointed if the only x-men who return are Wolverine and Storm.

The X-men are a team, lets show other members too, not just these two.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #332
def28
Side-Kick

Some are gonna have to be dead to show the consequences. Unless they switch the story up big time.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #333
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Most definitely.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #334
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Read this:

http://moviepilot.com/stories/683557...ast&utm_medium

http://moviepilot.com/movies/203942-...ck-for-x-men-2

Oh my god,Famke is amazing.

Last edited by Alison Blaire; 10-16-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #335
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
Wow!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #336
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

I love that the actors are open to and wanting to return.

And despite my distaste for her casting, I'd prefer Berry be back just for continuity's sake.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #337
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
But no matter how well they market it the film won't do as well if they don't have big stars to carry it. Fassbender, McAvoy and Lawrence have all had their profiles boosted since First Class but still are not bigger stars than Halle Berry, who arguably is the biggest star to have appeared in the entire X-Men franchise after Hugh Jackman. In addition Halle is also about to have her profile raised in the upcoming Cloud Atlas. (With which she has an awards push from Warner Brother's in their For Your Consideration picks.)
Totally disagree with everything you wrote.

To suggest that Halle Berry is a bigger star than Jennifer Lawrence is patently ridiculous. Berry may have better name recognition at the moment but that's not what matters in Hollywood. Lawrence can instantly get a film greenlit by just attaching her name...Berry could maybe get a cheap direct-to-dvd film greenlit with her name alone. Lawrence is almost a lock for her second Oscar nom this year while I will put money on it that Berry is not.

And just to clarify, WB is pushing almost every single actor in Cloud Atlas. Also, if you follow these things, you'll know that WB does the same thing every year- pushes some movies in every single category (Harry Potter got the same treatment last year including pushes for something like 15 actors!). It's just a thing that studio does.

The reality is that Berry may have been a minor draw at some point, but there is no evidence that she is any more. Dark Tide went direct to VOD, Frankie and Alice remains unreleased, Perfect Stranger was a critical and financial failure, and Things We Lost in the Fire earned only $3.2 total from a wide release (and posted one of the top 100 worst per theater averages for a wide release EVER). When the bright spot on your filmography (since appearing in an inconsequential role in X3) is a small role in the financially disappointing New Year's Eve, you know you're in trouble!

Ok, my essay is over haha...

Old 10-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #338
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick

C'mon, if there is an X-Men that must come back is James "Cyclops" Marsden

Old 10-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #339
NanaT
X-Men United!

I totally concede with your comment on WB always pushing their actors for Oscar noms. It was something I was previously unfamiliar with.

Now to address your argument

Quote:
To suggest that Halle Berry is a bigger star than Jennifer Lawrence is patently ridiculous. Berry may have better name recognition at the moment but that's not what matters in Hollywood. Lawrence can instantly get a film greenlit by just attaching her name...Berry could maybe get a cheap direct-to-dvd film greenlit with her name alone. Lawrence is almost a lock for her second Oscar nom this year while I will put money on it that Berry is not.
Firstly, Your using the term 'patently' incorrectly in your sentence.

Secondly, you just made my point for me. Halle is a bigger star because she has much better name recognition. In my Film Studies Class some time ago we were discussing how we categorise an actress as a star and though you are right that one of the deciding factors is getting a project greenlit just by attaching their name. (Though I don't believe Lawrence has that kind of power yet. She's only been in one smash hit movie) An even bigger factor is name recognition. In our class one of the students tried to suggest lawrence as a star but she only addressed her as 'that girl from the hunger games' when asked what her name was she said she didn't know. Our teacher then asked her how much star power she had if she did not know her name.

Whereas if I said Halle Berry, people would say 'Catwoman' or 'Bond Girl' or 'Storm' or 'Oscar. She has that recognition. Some people don't even know that Lawrence was nominated for an oscar for Winter's Bone. (which is an amazing film btw) Now back to my original point:
Quote:
DoFP will need all the publicity it can get if it's to be a direct rival to Marvel and especially since it may be opening against Warner's the Hobbit.
Quote:
But no matter how well they market it the film won't do as well if they don't have big stars to carry it. Fassbender, McAvoy and Lawrence have all had their profiles boosted since First Class but still are not bigger stars than Halle Berry
I still stand by this point. Before Warners would agree to pay for distribution rights for Cloud Atlas they wanted stars to carry the film. The wachowskis chose Tom Hanks and Halle Berry. She still has star power despite not appearing in any good films in a long time.

For X-Men If the posters have Halle's name and image it will garner some more interest. (In addition to the interest it will gather anyway for being an X-Men sequel. And a DoFP one at that.) I think Fox already knows this if youb refer to the posters for X2 and X3. Halle's image is always the most prominent after Hugh Jackman. She was the biggest female star in the franchise then and still is. Jennifer Lawrence still isn't a big enough name and looks practically unrecognisable under all that Mystique make-up anyway.

P.S. I wouldn't completely write off Halle Berry getting an oscar nom. Almost everyone seems to agree that she gives her strongest performance in a long time plus she's a previous oscar winner. I could see her getting nominated. And could see her getting a golden globe nod as well possibly a win, GG seems to her.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #340
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

My suspecion Is these will be the returning actors for Days of future past from Singerverse (X-Men,X2)or first trilogy(X1-3)

Hugh Jackman
Patrick Stewart
Ian Mckellan
Halle Berry
Famke Janssen
Anna Paquin
Rebecca Romijn

There would be a huge marketing pitch that DOFP has cast from earlier films with cast
of first Class even If they don't share screen together.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #341
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Marsden and Singer seemed to have a good relationship. More Cyclops, now/

Old 10-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #342
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Firstly, Your using the term 'patently' incorrectly in your sentence.
It's slightly embarrassing that you used "your" instead of you're in this statement. Please, educate me on the proper use of "patently" in the expression "patently ridiculous"!

Great to hear about your class, but that adds no weight to your argument. David Hasselhoff has fantastic name recognition world wide, but I don't see him being touted as a star.

The reality is that, yes, Halle Berry is clearly a celebrity. But she is B-lister at the moment.

The Cloud Atlas role was restricted by race, I believe. Unfortunately, there are very few black actresses that have any name recognition and the pool is further limited when considering actresses that could be realistically paired with Tom Hanks.

Also, despite the awards push, WB clearly does not have confidence in this film. They're opening it on a super slim 1950+ screens which is odd for a major wide release film (in comparison some horror sequel, Silent Hill 2, and something called Fun Size are opening on 2800+ screens). It's likely that WB will just bury this film and focus on Argo.

You also failed to address some of my other points. Why is Halle Berry's amazing name recognition getting her cast in cheapo horror films like Dark Tide and The Hive (another direct to dvd film I'm positive)? Why is the (terrible) Frankie and Alice sitting around unreleased?

Old 10-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #343
lastairbender
Side-Kick

If they will have an older Emma frost i would love to have Sharon Stone playing her. Come back sharon! A dream come true! She'd have the looks and personality!

Pleaaaaaaseee!!!

Old 10-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #344
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Emma won't be older.she will only be In first class era scenes

Old 10-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #345
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Emma won't be older.she will only be In first class era scenes
How do you know?

Old 10-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #346
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The actors In future scenes will almost certinly be returnes from earlier films.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #347
def28
Side-Kick

I dont see why they wouldnt make mention of FC members fates in the future. They will more then likely be more relevant to the plot then returning original members. The audience would wonder why they arent around unless mentioned dead or incarcerated. I kinda want to know what happens to them.

Last edited by def28; 10-19-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #348
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

If there are any future counterparts to the 3 original X-Men, I'd like it to be Beast (Kelsey Grammer). Havok and Banshee can be mentioned as having been killed.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #349
def28
Side-Kick

I dont know, seeing Havok with an updated suit and with Cyclops fighting side by side would be awesome.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:54 AM   #350
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Famke Janssen is back in the news thanks to the success of Taken 2.She must come back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhowm...eature=related
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Closed Thread