The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #426
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Anna Paquin's a higher profile actress now thanks to True Blood so I wouldn't be surprised if they got her to reprise her role. (I was actually pleasantly surprised to see her in Scream 4)

I personally don't want a Franklin Richards character in this film. IMHO, child actors tend to ruin movies for me. The Looper is a perfect example of this.
Franklin is an adult during the Days of Future Past story in the comics.

The question is more whether he should be included or to add another of the recognisable characters instead.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #427
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Franklin is an adult during the Days of Future Past story in the comics.
Oy! That makes sense!

Old 10-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #428
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Just because Bishop and Cable haven't been popular in yeas doesn't mean they can't be used. A lot of unpopular mutants were used in FC. I'm not saying I think they'll appear, but there is a possibility.
I love Bishop and Cable, especially Bishop who is one of my favorite mutants. I think the DOFP storyline is a perfect setting to have these characters appear.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #429
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I feel bad for First Class fans, cause with all the news it appears that most people are more excited by the prospect of returning older characters.

I hope Singer/Fox pulls this off.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #430
psyonic
X-Man

I loved Singer's X movies and First Class was good enough prequel for me. I'm good with either First Class or X-Men trilogy cast members being the focus but I'm a bit more excited with the idea of older cast members returning if even just cameos. X3 was a mess and if DoFP can fix things, then I'm all for it.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #431
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Who of you all would like to see this woman coming back like this?

Old 10-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #432
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
I feel bad for First Class fans, cause with all the news it appears that most people are more excited by the prospect of returning older characters.

I hope Singer/Fox pulls this off.
In terms of the new characters who were introduced in First Class, I definitely want to see more of Emma Frost, Banshee and Havok.

Azazel was good too, and if they keep him it solves the issue of how the Brotherhood gets around!

Not so bothered about Angel and Riptide. They worked well within the film but were there mainly for visuals and don't feel essential.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #433
Figs
Banned User

I worry that this movie might throw in too many characters from the previous trilogy. If they do, this movie is going to be a sloppy mess. People *****ed that the characters in FC didn't get enough development yet they want even more characters in the next film.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #434
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

your gif alone show that Anna is in the perfect moment to play a more mature version of Rogue and show that she can be a badass member on battle.

I dont think she will appear in Days of future, but if Singer and Fox decide to continue with the original cast after this sequel, I HOPE Singer has the potential on her and start showing the Rogue everyone loves since many years ago.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #435
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Personally I'm far more interested in the main First Class characters than any returning ones apart from Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen. But I think it's pretty natural that people will discuss the possibilities of characters who have not been confirmed, rather than the ones who are more likely to return.

As for Wolverine as time traveller, I can't really see how he'd mesh with the young 60s team, he's so much older than them and would stick out like a sore thumb. It's not enough just to stick the character in because he's popular, he has to work with the other characters as well. He's not much use against Magneto either with his skeleton and all.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #436
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I hope Logan isn't the time-traveller. He has a part to play in the comic that would be great on film. There's just no need to expand his role and steal another movie's focus.

I said to start with and I still maintain it. Rogue for the time-traveller. Who better to represent the difference between the original time and the future? It's a chance to have Paquin play the fully developed Rogue that we saw the roots of in Singer's films. She basically assumed a Kitty Pryde role there and is the closest fit of the well established film characters.

Also, unlike Wolverine, Rogue could make a great connection to the young characters in First Class, as we've seen her in a similar position to them. She could be the young girl who found a home at Xavier's school, learned to embrace and develop her powers and became a force for good in the world. Think of the potential there... a role model for the young students of the 60's and inspiration for a younger Xavier to become the man he becomes.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #437
Project862006
Banned User

well rouge was basically kitty pryde anyways lol

Old 10-29-2012, 06:57 AM   #438
Angamb
Banned User

what do you think of Anna looking like comic Rogue, guys?

Old 10-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #439
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

If DOFP is brilliant, do u guys think that this could be the start of two maybe three different X-Men franchises...

For example after DOFP could we see a X-Men 4, X-Men:First Class 2 (DOFP seems more like an Avenger film event then a natural sequel to first class) and maybe the Mauraders, X-Factor or other solo X-Men films all in different stages of development...

Essentially creating a X-Men cinematic universe....

Looking at DOFP people are more excited for the original cast returning, then the possibility of new characters. And if DOFP somehow manages to change the original trilogies events or just cancel out Last Stand (I'm praying for this to happen)... I think a X-Men 4 film could be the way to go, keeping certain cast members and recasting others.

First Class franchise could essentially become young mutants while X-men 4 gives us the classic X-Men team

Old 10-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #440
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
If DOFP is brilliant, do u guys think that this could be the start of two maybe three different X-Men franchises...

For example after DOFP could we see a X-Men 4, X-Men:First Class 2 (DOFP seems more like an Avenger film event then a natural sequel to first class) and maybe the Mauraders, X-Factor or other solo X-Men films all in different stages of development...

Essentially creating a X-Men cinematic universe....

Looking at DOFP people are more excited for the original cast returning, then the possibility of new characters. And if DOFP somehow manages to change the original trilogies events or just cancel out Last Stand (I'm praying for this to happen)... I think a X-Men 4 film could be the way to go, keeping certain cast members and recasting others.

First Class franchise could essentially become young mutants while X-men 4 gives us the classic X-Men team
All of this.

As of now, we have three franchises:

-Singer's X-Men
-Vaughn's X-Men
-Wolverine

Soon, we get The Fantastic Four.

DOFP will be the first time they converge & there will be other instances. Other event movies.

After DOFP, perhaps Vaughn's X-Men face The Shadow King.

Wolverine can go on to Madripoor for some action.

Singer's X-Men can face Apocalypse.

The FF can fight Moleman.

But as far as event movies, there's some great possibilities:

-The Mutant Massacre
-The Coming of Galactus
-Age of Apocalypse

Also, a Silver Surfer movie will definitely come in the future, adding a fifth franchise.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #441
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The X-men Is really one franchise.If Singer directs Days of future Past he Is responable for both the 1960's set and 1990/s/2000's set X-Men.

Imagne followup to Days of future past brining In Sinster and Introducing teenage Cyclops and Teenage Jean Grey.An X5(Look at Days of future past as both X4 and first Class 2)
could be screen version of Age of Apocalypse.A 1980's set X-men film could adopt the mutant massacre.

And with a fantastic Four you could have X-Men cameos In a Coming of Galactus story.If Franklin Richards Is in Days of future past fuutr maybe the Fantastic four can be a 1960's set film like First Class.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #442
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I say ignore the old timeline after DOFP; it's a world gone to ****. (perhaps the time-travel erases it).

Everyone's dead in that timeline. Why would we want to follow it after seeing how it affects the new timeline?

Old 10-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #443
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Tom Hiddleston mentioned in a recent interview that one of his projects with Anna Paquin had been put on hold because she wants to spend time being a mom.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #444
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Who of you all would like to see this woman coming back like this?

Looks good!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 10-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #445
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Looks great, but with what First Class did with costumes I would hope they would be able to use colours more in keeping with her comicbook counterpart if they were to make a suit like that (preferably like her 90's cartoon costume).

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #446
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I still hope they go away from the leather and use this material instead.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #447
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Looks good!
each time I see it, the more I want an X4/X5.

Anna could play a GREAT Rogue with the right look, script and director.

I dont believe she will appear in Days of future, but lets see what happens after this sequel, maybe Fox and Singer decide to go forward with the older cast, or create two series. Would be amazing to see the younger actors playing more mature version of their characters.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #448
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I still hope they go away from the leather and use this material instead.

Yeah It would be cool to have this material for the costumes. Perhaps each character with their own colour.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #449
BMM
Side-Kick

I hope they further develop the First Class uniforms or give them new ones altogether. The alternate one featured in The Last Stand is so boring and ugly.

Last edited by BMM; 10-30-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #450
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I hope they further develop the First Class uniforms or give them new ones altogether. The alternate one featured in The Last Stand is so boring and ugly.
Couldn't agree more:

Closed Thread