The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 07:14 AM   #501
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

i think they would rather have rouge be the time traveler over kitty since rouge had a bigger role in series and basically played a kitty pryde character anyways

Old 10-31-2012, 07:18 AM   #502
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i think they would rather have rouge be the time traveler over kitty since rouge had a bigger role in series and basically played a kitty pryde character anyways
True, BUT, Ellen Page became a huge draw after X3. If I was FOX I'd get her.

Anna's huge now with True Blood, but her character being dead adds to Wolverine's conviction in finding a way to change his existence.

It hurts him to see her buried in some cemetery. That's a moment they should explore.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:23 AM   #503
Project862006
Banned User

^true that could be a powerful moment they basically were that father/daughter relationship in series

Old 10-31-2012, 07:35 AM   #504
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
^true that could be a powerful moment they basically were that father/daughter relationship in series
Yep, and he had to bury her.

Gripping stuff if they run with it.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #505
Angamb
Banned User

it would be impressive to see some kind of cemetery on the sequel.

Something small but showing the name of some well known x-men from the previous movies.

It would add more gravity to the tone and status of that future

Old 10-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #506
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
it would be impressive to see some kind of cemetery on the sequel.

Something small but showing the name of some well known x-men from the previous movies.

It would add more gravity to the tone and status of that future
I think a small cemetery on the grounds of a dilapidated future version of Xavier's school would be a nice touch. They could start off in the future with some of the few remaining X-men revisiting the school for some reason. It would be a nice visual and it would easily drive the apocalyptic future message to the audience quickly.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:54 AM   #507
Nathan

Wolverine needs to look like this in the Movie. Anyone else agree?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #508
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I am hoping to see graves In film.It would be powerful moment.They could all show FF graves.

I also agree Rogue being dead would be powerful motive for Wolverine to want to try to change history.I think only 1(Kitty or Rogue) will make the ct and serve as wolverine's sidekick to free other surviving X-Men at Internment camp.My vote would be for Kitty.Ellen Page Is one actor Introduced In Last Stand I want to see In film.

By the way I finally deiced to break down and start watching Anna Paquin on True Blood on DVD.Or as some might call It the show that allowed people to see Anna Paquin In Sex scenes.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:00 AM   #509
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Wolverine needs to look like this in the Movie. Anyone else agree?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I agree. I posted a similar view in the "how should they handle wolverine" thread. I like how the costume is a variation on his movie costume and he's getting a bit grey.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #510
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I think a small cemetery on the grounds of a dilapidated future version of Xavier's school would be a nice touch. They could start off in the future with some of the few remaining X-men revisiting the school for some reason. It would be a nice visual and it would easily drive the apocalyptic future message to the audience quickly.
I like the idea of visiting the old school, it would be a great scene, kind of sad. Great idea definetly.

But for me intro, Id preffer a pursuit of an unknown mutant. something that adds some mistery for the audience, wondering what's happening, and maybe at the end of that scene the first x-men appears, fight with the sentinel but it kills the unknown mutant.

Id love suspense and a dramatic intro, to impact the audience.

Why I personally wouldnt like is to see all the alive x-men so quickly in the very first scene. Id like something completly different from X3 intro.

Last edited by Angamb; 10-31-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:04 AM   #511
Nathan

It would be great if they could recreate a powerful scene like the extermination camp scene from X-Men 1.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #512
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
It would be great if they could recreate a powerful scene like the extermination camp scene from X-Men 1.
yeah, something like that, an intro that doesnt seem like an x-men movie at all, but something else, something porwerfull, dramatic, with suspense.

Id say a mix between that and X2 intro.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #513
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I like the idea of visiting the old school, it would be a great scene, kind of sad. Great idea definetly.

But for me intro, Id preffer a pursuit of an unknown mutant. something that adds some mistery for the audience, wondering what's happening, and maybe at the end of that scene the first x-men appears, fight with the sentinel but it kills the unknown mutant.

Id love suspense and a dramatic intro, to impact the audience.

Why I personally wouldnt like is to see all the alive x-men so quickly in the very first scene. Id like something completly different from X3 intro.
Love that idea. That would be a great way to begin the movie and it would immediately place the audiences into the thick of things and show the kind of life the X-Men live. I nominate marrow for the role of the unknown mutant. or maybe Forge?

Old 10-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #514
Angamb
Banned User

Marrow would be a good choice. Just by her look the audience would know she is a mutant... and to see a sentinel killing a young girl.... WOW, thats what I call an impact.

The sentinel could attack her once, and bleeds a bit, keeps runing and attacking the sentinel during some seconds, but the sentinel ends killing her wildly. with a close up of her face in tears and looking at sentinels face amazed.

the more I think about it, the more shocked I am with it.

but not sure if Fox would allow to such a tragic intro. it would be a bit Rated R

Old 10-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #515
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I don't ever want to see Marrow in any X-Men movie. She was an utter c in Wolverine and the X-Men, so I'm completely turned off by her.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #516
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

He character is annoying, but I think that is half the point with her.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #517
Angamb
Banned User

Marrow in Wolverine & x-men was ONE version of the character.

The movie version can be totally different from the tv series, and a good addition definetly, specially directed by Singer.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #518
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

That's also true. The movie version needn't carry her comic counterpart's baggage as it were.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:20 PM   #519
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I'd love it if they started out showing you the deaths of the x-men. That may be strange, but it would be one hell of a way to start the movie and then move forward with the surviving and the time travel etc etc.

of the lesser shown x-men to show up in the first 3, I want Cudmore back the most in a much bigger part of the movie. Colossus is awesome.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #520
Snikt
Side-Kick

Besides the obvious characters I'd love to see return (Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Colossus), I'd really love to see Kelsey Grammer's Beast. Always loved his character.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #521
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Couldn't agree more:

noooo more black leather!!

Old 10-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #522
Angamb
Banned User

setting the future some years after X3 would allow Singer and his crew to show new colours uniforms with the alive x-men.

If not classic costumes, something between black leather and classic costumes. Like a perfect mix of current and classic.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #523
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I wouldn't mind seeing Jubilee return. Like Gambit, she was another one of my favourite characters from the 90's cartoon. I wouldn't mind seeing her in a role a bit bigger than what she had in the previous movies, though I doubt she would get much screen time even if she was included, but I'd be happy with something along the lines of what Colossus got.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #524
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

It would be great to get their more well known costumes in some form or fashion in this movie.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #525
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Of all the deviations from the comics, the black leather costumes bother me the least, if at all. There was at least some colour in some of the costumes--Wolverine had some yellow, Cyclops had some blue, in X1 Jean had some green and in X2 some red, and Storm had some white, all of which may have been references to their comic costumes.