The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #851
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Hopefully since Storm is one of the biggest and well known X-men they will have no doubt in their mind about including her.

And even though Halles movies havent been big since X-men, she is still more well known than most of the cast. The only ones that can stand up to her are Hugh Jackman, Anna Paquin, Ian Mckellen, and Patrick Stewart. All of them besides Anna havent really dont anything big since X-men. But these 5 will always be household names that basically everyone knows of when you talk about them.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #852
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Hopefully since Storm is one of the biggest and well known X-men they will have no doubt in their mind about including her.

And even though Halles movies havent been big since X-men, she is still more well known than most of the cast. The only ones that can stand up to her are Hugh Jackman, Anna Paquin, Ian Mckellen, and Patrick Stewart. All of them besides Anna havent really dont anything big since X-men. But these 5 will always be household names that basically everyone knows of when you talk about them.
Not for the right reasons anymore though.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #853
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Quite honestly, I would wager that most people remember her as Storm and for Die Another Day.

Not everybody follows all those gossip sites. I was only aware because my job requires media monitoring; otherwise, I would not have known about it and I would imagine many people are the same (unless they sit watching E! all the time)

Old 12-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #854
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Majority of people dont know what is going on in her life, but they remember her for her past work. She isnt Lindsay Lohan who is now mostly known for how crappy her life has become.

But James and Famke, while great at what they do and have been in good movies, they just havent reached A-list level. They spend most of their time in the supporting roles that you couldnt really care less about. Anna has become a household name because she is the lead actress in True Blood, and Ian/Patrick are known, just like Halle, for their past works.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 12-03-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #855
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:

Ian Mckellen is doing The Hobbit now but apart from that I agree with your post. but I don't think most others will. Apparently, Bryan Singer hated working with Halle bery so much ten years ago that he wouldn't even consider casting her again. No matter how popular and cool the character that halle plays is.

But I guess that's Halle's fault. You never tell your boss to kiss your black ass. It could bite you in the butt one day.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #856
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Quite honestly, I would wager that most people remember her as Storm and for Die Another Day.

Not everybody follows all those gossip sites. I was only aware because my job requires media monitoring; otherwise, I would not have known about it and I would imagine many people are the same (unless they sit watching E! all the time)
Well if it's Sunday you know you're watching E!
lol

Old 12-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #857
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Ian Mckellen is doing The Hobbit now but apart from that I agree with your post. but I don't think most others will. Apparently, Bryan Singer hated working with Halle bery so much ten years ago that he wouldn't even consider casting her again. No matter how popular and cool the character that halle plays is.

But I guess that's Halle's fault. You never tell your boss to kiss your black ass. It could bite you in the butt one day.
Ya I know the two didnt get along and I blame it on both. Halle wanted Storm to be better, Singer was content with what he gave her, Halle wasnt happy about it and probably went about it the wrong way at times but she wasnt wrong. She is big enough that she can say what she wants and go on with her career. But the two shouldnt let their misgivings about each other get in way of whats best for the film.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #858
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Well if it's Sunday you know you're watching E!
lol
Never! I refuse to give house room to that drivel. lol.

I'm far more likely to be found watching old episodes of the X-Men cartoon or the X-Files series!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #859
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Ya I know the two didnt get along and I blame it on both. Halle wanted Storm to be better, Singer was content with what he gave her, Halle wasnt happy about it and probably went about it the wrong way at times but she wasnt wrong. She is big enough that she can say what she wants and go on with her career. But the two shouldnt let their misgivings about each other get in way of whats best for the film.
I totally agree. The two should let bygones be bygones and act professionally with each other.

But I have my suspicions that the relationship between Singer and Berry has been blown out of proportion and I wouldn't be surprised if Bryan amd halle actually got along really well.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #860
psyonic
X-Man

Okay okay, now that we know actors from the OT have a chance of returning. Pick the ONE actor you want announced next. Don't include the ones already announced. Don't pick a character that wasn't in the OT.

Anna Paquin.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #861
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Never! I refuse to give house room to that drivel. lol.

I'm far more likely to be found watching old episodes of the X-Men cartoon or the X-Files series!
A X-Maniac indeed!

Speaking of which, I have yet to watch the X-Files DVDs I got about a year and a half ago...I really need to get on that...

Old 12-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #862
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Anna Paquin

Old 12-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #863
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
Okay okay, now that we know actors from the OT have a chance of returning. Pick the ONE actor you want announced next. Don't include the ones already announced. Don't pick a character that wasn't in the OT.

Anna Paquin.
Ellen Page.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #864
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

Ellen Page would be great to have back, I love the Kitty Pryde character and her version of the character. Maybe even get some Colossus action going on, two of my favs!

Old 12-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #865
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Ellen Page would be great to have back, I love the Kitty Pryde character and her version of the character. Maybe even get some Colossus action going on, two of my favs!
I thought the actor of Colossus was so wooden, as was Ice Man, Angel and Rouge
But I agree, Ellen Page.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #866
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:

Anna Paquin.

Halle Berry.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #867
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Famke Janssen.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #868
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Its funny how despite Halle box office disappointments studios are still hiring her to make movies, and its not like its ensemble movies. for example her next movie The Hive has her as leading lady. And no doubt Sony (the studio financing the film) will no doubt promote Halle's name to death.

Anyway back on topic. I think what X-Maniac means is that Halle is a name actress and is most likely to be recognised by fans than Famke would be. Despite everything, (bad films, real life drama, etc) Halle Berry does have quite a large fanbase I think even bigger than Famke's. That's why despite as you said not having 'an important role in X2 and X3' hers was the name they put on posters and hers was the most prominent character on the poster after wolverine.One more point of note is that in spite of her getting older in years she does still draw male audiences because of her beauty. Don'y know how long she'll be able to live off that though.
Interesting that you point out the Hive...it's not a studio picture- it's produced by WWE films (the wrestling company) and it has a budget of $13 million. Sony has distributing rights but there's no guarantee this will be a theatrically released film; in fact, I would be willing to bet it will be a direct to DVD/VOD release like Dark Tide.

I'm in no way claiming that Famke has the same level of celebrity as Halle, but Halle has been firmly on the B-list for yrs. I mean, she is an African American woman (not saying this should be a disadvantage, but it is), in her late forties with 6 flops/disappointments in a row. She's so over it's not even funny!

Old 12-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #869
Angamb
Banned User

not all the movies are made to be blockbusters, he

Old 12-04-2012, 04:03 AM   #870
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

the audiences arent going for the same type of movies they went for in the past which is no surprise a lot of her films havent been big. She isnt really doing mainstream movies (apart from NY Eve)

Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 AM   #871
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

I just want Anna Paquin back, i have to admit i didnt like as Rogue in Original Trilogy, but the way she has grown as a actress, makes me believe that NOW she is perfect for ROGUE... but this time id like Rogue to be her badass self,

Old 12-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #872
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Yeah, Paquin's definitely grown into a great womanly Rogue.

I need to see her out of the shell she was in for the trilogy.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #873
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Halle Berry as Storm, hands down.

At the end of X3, it looked like she became the headmistress of the Xavier Institute and the leader of the X-Men so yes she should be there more than Rogue, Shadowcat, Colossus, Iceman and Angel!

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 12-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #874
NanaT
X-Men United!

I'd like to see Halle berry as Storm as well. For the reasons said above but also because if she's in it then your're pretty much guaranteed amazing visuals

Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #875
Angamb
Banned User

Id like one of these two options:

1. Storm and Kitty
2. Storm and Rogue

add Wolverine and another male x-man, and perfect team for the sequel.

Closed Thread