The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #151
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

I would love to see Gambit in this film or any X-Men film for that matter, but obviously a good interpretation of the character!! But I' think he might distract from this story...

The Cast of First Class should be the central figures of the story, and if they plan on bringing anyone back from the original trilogy, they should only be as supporting characters to the main cast or central to the storyline...

Days of Future Past is just giving me goose pimples!! This is really going to be awesome!!! But I really don't want too many Characters!!

Old 08-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #152
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

how would you react if Fox confirms these actors for the sequel/adaptation?

Old 08-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #153
JP
Smelly

More than excitment.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #154
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

That would be great even though I would be disappointed without Patrick Stewert.As one of best adaptions of a comic book characters ever I would like his final appearance as Xavier to be on high quality film.Plus wouldn't you like to see Storm flying and do some of action she did In Last Stand In high quality film.

Colossus and Kitty are the one roles I could see recast.Remember Colossus got one line of dialogue In Last Stand.Although I hope they did his armoe like In X2.It looked way too cheap In The Last Stand.

I am big fan of Kitty(this was influence from comics that Inspired Joss whedon with Buffy) I consider Jubilee to be poor man's Kitty and a hugh Inferior one too.I liked Ellen Page as Kitty.It would be nice to see her In the SingerVaughn Universe of films.And I want Kitty to have code name of Shadowcat

Old 08-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #155
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
The Cast of First Class should be the central figures of the story, and if they plan on bringing anyone back from the original trilogy, they should only be as supporting characters to the main cast or central to the storyline...
I think there's a bit of danger in bringing in the original cast for the sake of "star power" or raising interest, and then relegating them to supporting roles with limited screentime and potentially leaving the audience feeling cheated. I mean, pretty much everyone loved the Wolverine cameo in First Class, but if his appearance was advertised beforehand and made it into the trailer, you'd have a large portion of audience expecting to see Wolverine for much longer than a few seconds and probably feeling quite ticked off when that didn't happen.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #156
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
how would you react if Fox confirms these actors for the sequel/adaptation?

Add Kelsey Grammar and you would make a young man very happy.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #157
Angamb
Banned User

I have to be honest.....

I really wanted a normal sequel to First Class only with that cast.... but seeing now all these actors together, it feels really exciting

But Id still miss Anna, James Marsden, Ben Foster, Taylor K....

so many mixed feelings

Old 08-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #158
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I think there's a bit of danger in bringing in the original cast for the sake of "star power" or raising interest, and then relegating them to supporting roles with limited screentime and potentially leaving the audience feeling cheated. I mean, pretty much everyone loved the Wolverine cameo in First Class, but if his appearance was advertised beforehand and made it into the trailer, you'd have a large portion of audience expecting to see Wolverine for much longer than a few seconds and probably feeling quite ticked off when that didn't happen.
I imagine theyd want to be pretty tight lipped on which actors will show up.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #159
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Add Kelsey Grammar and you would make a young man very happy.
would be interesting to see Kelsey as Beast again, specially to have more badass action from him, with the creative team we already have. Not sure if it would be a good idea to use him on this particular storyline, tho, mainly having a young Beast on the same movie too. It would be interesting, definetly, but I doubt Fox does it.

on other hand, Daniel Cudmore has really grown, hehe. I saw many recent pics on him and he has a great look right now to play Collosus again. Would like to see him back, to see him with Wolverine and Kitty again, and having a better action moment too. The future sequences need one or two secondary/background characters too, so Collosus seems perfect, since he already appeared on X2 and X3. Matthew could give him two lines and a great short fight, and it would be more than enough to please many of the fans. I think

Old 08-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #160
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

As long as the movie is good, fans will be fine w the originals being supporting cast. They used drew Barrymore for her star power for scream and looked what they did.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #161
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

I kinda hope they recast Emma Frost.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #162
JP
Smelly

Me too...

Old 08-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #163
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I doudt they recast her.In X-Men trilogy they keep actors except for small roles.Some may not like january Jones as Emma but she Is under contract for 3 films and I doudt they replace her.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #164
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Me too. I didn't care for the actress that much to be honest.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #165
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

But all she does is blink and talk in a monotonous voice.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:44 AM   #166
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I imagine theyd want to be pretty tight lipped on which actors will show up.
Certainly, but then it can't really be the case of, say, getting Halle Berry back as Storm because she'd bring star power, as some have argued. What's the point of star power if you keep it a secret?

Old 08-05-2012, 02:07 AM   #167
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

If they wanted to keep the returning actors secret, I could see them waiting until filming finishes up to announce them and then go all out in the marketing campaign (trailers, tv spots, etc.). But then again they may just announce them and get it over with.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #168
Angamb
Banned User

Hugh and Halle are big names and Logan and Storm are great characters and all

but Id LOVE to see the young cast on the movie:

Old 08-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #169
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

At most I see 6 returing actors.1 to fill time traveler and the rest for future.

Patrick Stewert,Ian Mckellan,Hugh Jackman,and Halle Berry as ones most likely to get to return.

Now assuming wolverine Isn't time traveler My belief Is Kitty or Rogue.Now my bet Is Bryan Singer would like to go with Rogue as Time Traveler but both Anna due to give birth In november and her shooting schedule with True Blood may prevent her from being able to do the film.Remember Simon Kinberg hinted filming might not beguin till spring.If not rogue and they can get Ellen Page Kitty would fill role of time traveler.If they can't get her and don't recast Kitty I can see sceniro where they make Storm the Time Traveler

I am sure they want the future sequenzes to be seen as posable future of characters from earlier films.Combing X4/First Class 2 so to speak.So Inless Fox lets Singer and Matthew Vaughn just say The Last Stand Isn't part of film contunity Cyclops won't be In film.

Now If filming does beguin In January come october/November we may start to get news on film.If filming doesn't beguin till Spring we might not get any news till January.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #170
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I'm so giddy with X-Citement of what this movie may be. If there will be an alternate future, BRING BACK JAMES MARDSEN ! And give him a bigger role...have him be a badass alternate timeline leader of the X-Men.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #171
Nathan

The one person that definitely has to be re-cast, is Halle. I'd take everyone else back, if it meant we get a new and better Storm.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #172
JP
Smelly

After seeing Vaughn's take on all of the characters in First Class, I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do for Storm.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #173
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Hugh and Halle are big names and Logan and Storm are great characters and all

but Id LOVE to see the young cast on the movie:

Who's the guy on the far right?

Old 08-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #174
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Having 4 to 5 cast members from the original trilogy would make the cast bloated. I hope there are only 2 to 3 cast remember from the original trilogy and the rest are cameos. Sometimes it hard to keep up with a large cast.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 08-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #175
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Most of them would be extended cameos with only a few minutes of screentime.Only one who Is time travler would get a lot of screentime.

remember we don't know If Moira will be In sequel and if Riptide and Angel will still be with brotherhood

Closed Thread