The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Old 07-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
natey2k4
Side-Kick

Default Avengers EMH Hawkeye - Threat Level Low

Just was watching this episode from Season 2 and I think basically everyone was a "Threat Level - Medium or High" except Hawkeye (and I think Wasp).

Is it me or didn't Hawkeye kick more butt in EMH than just about anyone on the roster? Hawkeye definitely looked more badass than Thor, Captain America, Iron-Man, and even Hulk in the series. Actually, the two Avengers who seemed to dominate most of the fights were Hawkeye and Black Panther, with Ant-Man probably pulling in just behind those two.

Anyway, when I heard the "threat level low," I just chuckled and said even the baddies underestimate Hawkeye. He's just a dude with a bow & arrows, yet he'll still kick everyone's ass.

natey2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Avengers EMH Hawkeye - Threat Level Low

Hawkeye looking more badass than Thor or Hulk?

LOL give me holler when Hawkeye deflects a blast powerful enough to destroy a city, catch the entire city of Manhattan on his back (Thor), and knock someone from one city to the next (Hulk).

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
natey2k4
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Hawkeye looking more badass than Thor or Hulk?

LOL give me holler when Hawkeye deflects a blast powerful enough to destroy a city, catch the entire city of Manhattan on his back (Thor), and knock someone from one city to the next (Hulk).
Dude, no reason to get upset.

Fact is, especially during the first season, Hawkeye very rarely got taken down. He was always kicking butt. Thor got defeated a lot in the first season.

I get that they are more powerful (Thor and Hulk) but Hawkeye was definitely written stronger. Season 2 so far he's more like the rest but season 1 it was always Black Panther and Hawkeye that rarely got beat.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:41 AM   #4
natey2k4
Side-Kick

Delete

Old 07-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #5
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Hawkeye's always been under estimated, but the fact is he can kick allot of bad guy butt!

Old 07-12-2012, 02:55 AM   #6
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Dude, no reason to get upset.

Fact is, especially during the first season, Hawkeye very rarely got taken down. He was always kicking butt. Thor got defeated a lot in the first season.

I get that they are more powerful (Thor and Hulk) but Hawkeye was definitely written stronger. Season 2 so far he's more like the rest but season 1 it was always Black Panther and Hawkeye that rarely got beat.
Mad? I could've sworn I was like but ummm Thor/Hulk never really got defeated by anyone other than major threat levels like Kang, Ultron, Graviton etc.

As a matter of fact most of the time Hawkeye's arrows were useless and when they did work they just opened the villain up for them heavy hitters. Go look up Hulk's fight with Graviton and Thor's fight with Ultron (2nd fight), Hawkeye never came close to doing anything that epic.

I definately agree that Hawkeye is badass bro , but it's unfair to compare him to character's as powerful as Thor or Hulk.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 07-12-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #7
natey2k4
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Mad? I could've sworn I was like but ummm Thor/Hulk never really got defeated by anyone other than major threat levels like Kang, Ultron, Graviton etc.

As a matter of fact most of the time Hawkeye's arrows were useless and when they did work they just opened the villain up for them heavy hitters. Go look up Hulk's fight with Graviton and Thor's fight with Ultron (2nd fight), Hawkeye never came close to doing anything that epic.

I definately agree that Hawkeye is badass bro , but it's unfair to compare him to character's as powerful as Thor or Hulk.
Like I said in my last post, I don't think he's as powerful as Thor or Hulk - it just seemed like he was more effective.

In the second season, he seems a little less of a "go-to-guy" than he did in the first season. His arrows don't seem as effective. Maybe I need to re-watch season one, but that was my feeling throughout most of it.

I was actually going to question that maybe the writers were huge Hawkeye and Black Panther fans. Again, I agree they aren't as powerful but they are definitely very effective in Season One.

Didn't Hawkeye "save the world" 2-3 times before he even joined the Avengers?

Thor and Hulk were still crazy strong in this series, but I actually liked how they were more "human" in the fact that they could get beat up where-as in the movie, it was never in doubt. In the show, you could never be certain if Thor or Hulk would win the fight or not.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #8
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Like I said in my last post, I don't think he's as powerful as Thor or Hulk - it just seemed like he was more effective.

In the second season, he seems a little less of a "go-to-guy" than he did in the first season. His arrows don't seem as effective. Maybe I need to re-watch season one, but that was my feeling throughout most of it.

I was actually going to question that maybe the writers were huge Hawkeye and Black Panther fans. Again, I agree they aren't as powerful but they are definitely very effective in Season One.

Didn't Hawkeye "save the world" 2-3 times before he even joined the Avengers?

Thor and Hulk were still crazy strong in this series, but I actually liked how they were more "human" in the fact that they could get beat up where-as in the movie, it was never in doubt. In the show, you could never be certain if Thor or Hulk would win the fight or not.
He "claimed" he saved the world 2-3 times before he joined the Avengers because it's part of his character to be braggadocious.

In actuality he on played a part in saving the world along with other character, like Thor and Hulk in "Gamma World" and he still wants all the credit.

Spider-Man - Hear what?