The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 06-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Line-Up?

So, who do you think will be in the movie's Justice League and is there a different line-up you would prefer?

Old 06-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Default Re: Line-Up?

Who I'd like? Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, and Aquaman.

Who I think it'll be? Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman for sure. I don't know if they'll want to risk turning some people off by including GL, but at the same time, I can see them using JL as an opportunity to showcase just how badass he can be. If they don't use him, I can see them using Hawkgirl.

Last edited by The Boy Scout; 06-09-2012 at 10:18 AM.
The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
Rockstar
Banned User

Realistically, it's going to be:

Superman

Batman

Wonder Woman - Token Girl

Green Lantern (John Stewart) - Token Black Guy

Flash

Aquaman

MM

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

There will be one woman and probably a black guy. Probably John, Cyborg or MM's human form. In any case, I'd go for:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Hal Jordan
Barry Allen
Aquaman
Martian Manhunter

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
CinematicESP
Side-Kick

Here's an idea...

Develop two movies BEFORE the Justice League movie: World's Finest, the team-up of Batman and Superman, and The Brave and the Bold, which would be the about the formation of the Justice League without Batman and Superman. The line-up could be similar to JLA: Year One...

Aquaman
The Flash
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman (instead of Black Canary)

Then the movie titled Justice League would deal with Batman coming to Superman with concerns about the recently formed Justice League. It would be like World's Finest vs. the Justice League until they unite under the same banner against a common enemy.

That way, The Brave and the Bold can introduce some of the minor heroes if they haven't already been introduced in individual films. And heck, if they needed more of a brand name, they could call it Justice League: Year One, and have the second one be simply Justice League.

CinematicESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

^ Except that they're obviously not going to do that at all.

The lineup will definitely be:

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Flash (Barry)
Green Lantern (Hal)

I think outside of that, everyone else is up in the air. Maybe DC will want to continue to drive diversity in their line and include Cyborg like in the current comics, maybe Aquaman will be in, maybe they'll decide he's still a bit too mocked by the GA to be introduced right now. You never know.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
Boom
I got nothin'

CConn hit it on the head. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern are pretty much guarantees. Aquaman and Martian Manhunter are wild cards, and WB might decide that the big five are enough.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
CinematicESP
Side-Kick

Yeah, I'd be surprised if any of those five aren't in it, though I could see Martian Manhunter serving a Nick Fury-like role, getting the team together, kinda like in the first Justice League episode.

CinematicESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
LauraT
Side-Kick

I think they might well leave Aquaman out, he'll be an expensive hard sell and there's already enough to be going on with even if you only have Batman, Supes, WW, Flash and GL. Especially if they they have to "introduce" WW and Flash and rebrand GL.

LauraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

I'd say there's got have to at least five to be a "league". Give Aquaman the sixth spot so he can have a real bad ass role and silence the haters forever.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #11
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
^ Except that they're obviously not going to do that at all.

The lineup will definitely be:

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Flash (Barry)
Green Lantern (Hal)

I think outside of that, everyone else is up in the air. Maybe DC will want to continue to drive diversity in their line and include Cyborg like in the current comics, maybe Aquaman will be in, maybe they'll decide he's still a bit too mocked by the GA to be introduced right now. You never know.
^this. I think Martian Manhunter's chances went away when they removed him from the justice league in the comics. Aquaman is give or take like you said. Also, I could see a green arrow cameo if they really wanted to bring attention to the tv series if its well received.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #12
protocida
Side-Kick

I'd bet it's Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #13
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

I also see GL being a case of either wanting to keep reynolds or just using john stewart instead.

Personally I like reynolds and dont get the hate against him but I would be fine if they went with stewart instead. That said, the whole point of DC entertainment was to harmonize all the different mediums. So they went through the trouble of bringing barry allen back, putting hal in the justice league. It would make sense if thats the roster they went with.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #14
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

I think the bigger question is, who will be the non-powered supporting fast. You know they'll have to have some kind of Nick Fury/Amanda Waller character to bring everything together.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #15
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

^they could do steven trevor like the comics is using his character now, that may be a possibility. Depending on how much they want to distance themselves from GL, they may or may not bring waller in.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

WB would want Batman and Superman to be a part of Justice League, it is not even debatable, those two are the most popular heroes.
Green Lantern would be included as Hal Jordan or as John Stewart. Wonder Woman will also be included, Flash is an important part of the League, so he will be there.

So, members who are almost guaranteed to be included are -

Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Flash.

They could add one more member like Cyborg (for the sake of diversity, if GL is Hal Jordan, or Martian Manhunter.)

Green Arrow will not be included as they would want to avoid making it look like they are copying Avenger's Hawkeye (even though GA was created earlier than Hawkeye.) Green arrow is getting his own TV series on CW so he will not be there.

Aquaman requires a big set up explaining his back story, his mythology etc, so unless he gets a solo movie first (and that would be expensive) I don't see them including Aquaman, besides he is not that popular.

I do not see them making a team up of more than six heroes for JL.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #17
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Green Lantern
Aquaman
Martian Manhunter
Hawkgirl

DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #18
That Guy
Side-Kick

These are the five that need to be part of the league.
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern

Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Martian Manhunter would also work. Overall I think at minimum the league will need 6 members, and at the maximum 8.

That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #19
Rockstar
Banned User

I'm willing to bet it will be the same lineup from Justice League Mortal.

Two Reasons.

1) They need John Stewart for diversity and despite the fans wanting a better Hal Jordan, it's easier for WB to reimagine and relaunch GL with John Stewart.

2) They will use the storyboards from JL:M, just as they reused "Flyby" material for Man of Steel. They invested too much money in JL:M to let it slide.

The villains could easily end up being the OMACs or a similar type of army that works with the storyboards they have. Just as Ty-Zor became Zod.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #20
shauner111
Side-Kick

I think they should leave out Martian Manhunter.

Leave Aquaman for the sequel. Hint at him at the end of JLA and then do his solo movie. Because like a lot of people say, it's going to take a lot of time and money. They won't have time to establish him before the team up happens and they should concentrate on how to make him cool/relevant, etc. I don't even think that they have any idea of what do with his story yet.

I think just replacing Hal Jordan is not the best option. John Stewart should be the next Green Lantern. It's an easy way to continue from Reynolds.

Batman (from the reboot)
Superman (hopefully Cavill to avoid confusion)
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern (cast a black actor, any suggestions?)
--------------
Aquaman (for a possible sequel)

Nolan producing, Yates or Fleischer directing, Biell writing.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #21
The Guard
Side-Kick

JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL more or less got the lineup right. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, The Martian Manhunter and Aquaman. Max Lord was a supporting character AND villain, with Talia as supporting villain.

John Stewart was basically a cypher in JL: MORTAL. I get why people would want to see him, but I think it'd be best to use Hal Jordan, building on the solo film and increasing interest in a possible GL sequel or even a Green Lantern/Flash teamup film. I'd use Aquaman and possibly The Atom as supporting characters, and save the Hawks, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Zatanna, etc, for sequels.

Seven leaguers worked quite well in the JL: MORTAL script. There's no reason to have any less than seven leaguers in THE JUSTICE LEAGUE. You could have seven leaguers, a supporting government type, and a villain and backup army and still be able to introduce and flesh out the characters fairly well.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night

Last edited by The Guard; 06-09-2012 at 06:50 PM.
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #22
Rockstar
Banned User

I doubt they'd ditch Aquaman when his film is one of the solo franchises that WB wants to develop.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #23
shauner111
Side-Kick

It wouldn't be ditching if you do a major reference to him at the end of the film. It would be different from Avengers' post credit villain hint. A cool way to add something special to a sequel. Martian Manhunter could be hinted at the end of the 2nd. A new member each movie.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
They won't use Talia because of TDKR. There's gonna be some changes for sure.

Last edited by The Sage; 06-10-2012 at 10:39 AM.
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #24
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

I can see them using certain aspects of the JLM script, but you also have to remember they killed off barry allen which I don't think they will be doing this time around. I really think they may have started from scratch on this one.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #25
az824
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It wouldn't be ditching if you do a major reference to him at the end of the film. It would be different from Avengers' post credit villain hint. A cool way to add something special to a sequel. Martian Manhunter could be hinted at the end of the 2nd. A new member each movie.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
They won't use Talia because of TDKR. There's gonna be some changes for sure.
You should put that in spoiler brackets for people who don't want to know TDKR spoilers

Last edited by The Sage; 06-10-2012 at 10:41 AM.
az824 is offline   Reply With Quote