The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Old 06-10-2012, 04:38 AM   #26
sethypants
Banned User

Default Re: Line-Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
^ Except that they're obviously not going to do that at all.

The lineup will definitely be:

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Flash (Barry)
Green Lantern (Hal)

I think outside of that, everyone else is up in the air. Maybe DC will want to continue to drive diversity in their line and include Cyborg like in the current comics, maybe Aquaman will be in, maybe they'll decide he's still a bit too mocked by the GA to be introduced right now. You never know.
qft

sethypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:51 AM   #27
sethypants
Banned User

If GL isn't Hal, Ill probably not watch it.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #28
EditNinja
Side-Kick

From this pic, delete Cyborg and add Martian Manhunter to the lineup...

I love all comic book movies - even the crappy ones.
EditNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:02 AM   #29
Juan1193
Side-Kick

These 5 heroes will do. As for the GL just go with Hal over John since he has already been established (because adding John just for diversity sakes is not a good enough reason to include him). Im also indifferent to Aquaman being included although I could see Martian Manhunter being used

Juan1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #30
sethypants
Banned User

I don't understand what is everyone's obsession with Martian Manhunter. He is boring and makes the team over powered. Cyborg is a much better addition to the team.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #31
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Make villain stronger. Poof. No such thing as overpowered.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #32
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Precisely.

I was never a big fan of Cyborg anyways. That, and I've always wanted to see what concept the production artists would come up with in a live-action adaptation.

DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #33
Rockstar
Banned User

edit

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #34
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethypants View Post
If GL isn't Hal, Ill probably not watch it.
That's ridiculous.

Martian Manhunter on the other hand. I agree with you. He's boring to me. There's a reason why they have replaced him like it's no problem. I just don't like Cyborg either.

Aquaman is the wild card i think. When the heck are they planning to film this JLA movie?? Seems like it's announced but it could take a long time to get it done. If they don't take too long, how can they pump out his solo movie in the next 4 or 5 years when they're putting all their energy on MOS, the Batman reboot, WW and Flash? Plus thinking of what to do with GL..

I still stand by the choice of just debuting the character in Justice League, maybe a cameo is enough in one of the other solos. Then after JLA you go back in time and show his origin. Or use him as the cliffhanger at the end of it, do the origin, and bring him in the team full-time for a sequel.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #35
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I wouldn't expect this to get filming for a couple of years, if it is ever filmed.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #36
sethypants
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
That's ridiculous.

Martian Manhunter on the other hand. I agree with you. He's boring to me. There's a reason why they have replaced him like it's no problem. I just don't like Cyborg either.

Aquaman is the wild card i think. When the heck are they planning to film this JLA movie?? Seems like it's announced but it could take a long time to get it done. If they don't take too long, how can they pump out his solo movie in the next 4 or 5 years when they're putting all their energy on MOS, the Batman reboot, WW and Flash? Plus thinking of what to do with GL..

I still stand by the choice of just debuting the character in Justice League, maybe a cameo is enough in one of the other solos. Then after JLA you go back in time and show his origin. Or use him as the cliffhanger at the end of it, do the origin, and bring him in the team full-time for a sequel.
I mentioned it in another thread. Ever since Hal appeared in Green Lantern Rebirth, they have replaced every single green lantern appearance outside of comics to Hal Jordan.
Green Lantern book starring Hal is a top 10 book.
Its obvious that Hal's return has revitalised the franchise.
If Hal is not in the movie, I don't see much of a point watching it anyways.

I do agree that they should debut the characters in JL then spin off into their own movies.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #37
Juan1193
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethypants View Post
I don't understand what is everyone's obsession with Martian Manhunter. He is boring and makes the team over powered. Cyborg is a much better addition to the team.
Cyborg is a Teen Titans character to me so im against him being included in a JL film, he's better suited for a TT movie/show. There's nothing wrong with Martian Manhunter as his powers can be really cool to see on the big screen.

Juan1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #38
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

To me they need to stick with the core four of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, and then get some lesser side characters.

One thing that worked well for Avengers was having Hawkeye and Black Widow instead of Ant Man and Wasp allowed for more screen time and build up of the core heroes.

To me they could have a good personality clash going on here, Superman wanting to be the leader and having trouble getting on the same page, Bruce being distrustful of everyone, Wonder Woman being distrustful of men, and Hal being the wise cracking showboater who won't listen to anyone.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #39
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash (Barry)
Green Lantern (Hal)
Aquaman

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #40
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash (Barry)
Green Lantern (Hal)
Aquaman
Might as well complete the original line-up and add in Martian Manhunter. I am a fan of classics, so I would go with the classic original line-up. That or

I was a fan of the animated line-up except I'd still stick with Hal Jordan instead of John Stewart.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #41
The Guard
Side-Kick

I suspect people who think J'onn J'onnz is boring have only really been exposed to him in the JL animated series, where he was generally used as an expository device.

Sad, really. He's a great character, with amazing potential.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #42
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

I forgot to put him in my list.

It should be the 'Big 7'.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:46 AM   #43
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I suspect people who think J'onn J'onnz is boring have only really been exposed to him in the JL animated series, where he was generally used as an expository device.

Sad, really. He's a great character, with amazing potential.
No doubt, but it seems to me like DC has moved away from using MM in the justice league. For hints of the roster I don't think you have to look further than the justice league comic at the moment.

It will most likely be the usual 5, give or take aquaman and maybe cyborg. I know he will always be associated with Teen Titans but for one reason or another they've used him instead of Martian manhunter.

It would be strange to go through the trouble of doing this new roster and not use the current characters. Heck even marvel decided to make avengers assemble to closely relate to the movie. Its that corporate synergy that they wanted with DCE.

The only character right now thats a toss up seems like Hal because the movie failed.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:19 AM   #44
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

I agree with others that gl will be John Stewart in the Justice League. The GL film will be lucky to be seen as the ang lee hulk to WB at this point.

They are going to try to move away from that film as far as possible.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:24 AM   #45
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

If They want to tie in with Cavill's MOS and Ryan Reynold's GL movie -

If they want to keep Justice League as a separate franchise then -

*\S/T*

I'll be back !

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 06-11-2012 at 03:38 AM.
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:25 AM   #46
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

some Wonder Woman choices -

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:54 AM   #47
Robin91939
Master Tim

My ideal situation would be for:

Green Lantern (2011)
Man Of Steel (2013)
The Flash (2014)
WonderWoman (2014)
Man of Steel 2 (2015)
Justice League (2016)

- Have Green Lantern count.
- Introduce our new Superman in Man of Steel and hope that that is the first BIG film in DC's new era.
- Introduce The Flash and make it a fun crime/action film with Barry Allen.
- WonderWoman would be comparable to Marvel's first Thor film. We can split time on Themyscira and in the world of Man. She would be the fish out of water and the Goddess among men. It could work similarly. Just cast an inspired, charming lead. And if Thor taught us anything -- it doesn't have to be a "somebody" or a star. Just a great actor who fits the role. Then put great supporting stars around that unknown actor (Portman, Hopkins, Russo, Skarsgaard, etc).
- Then come out with Man of Steel 2. End it with a cliff hanger with Superman apparently dead. If Superman is a alive -- there isn't much need for a Justice League to form, you know? He is pretty powerful. But if Man of Steel 2 introduces a threat that is too powerful for Superman, one that even seemingly kills him -- well then... Then we have a reason for these heros to unite.

Man of Steel 2 runs into and sets up Justice League. Justice League introduces us to a new Batman. I'd prefer a more seasoned, older Batman, but I am not partial to another, youngish incarnation. Just make it a little different from the Nolan Batman (which I love, but if they are going to go different, go different). Introduce Aquaman and Martian Manhunter. Since the audience all know who Batman is -- he doesn't need explanation and you can give that time to the other two noobs and Batman can be more mysterious and badass... He'll know things without you knowing how he knows them -- he just does because he's Batman.
Cavil's Superman returns midway through the film completing the team that was formed to aid the world in his absence.

Line-up:

Superman
Not sure about having a team and has to come to grips with his own deficiencies, however small and accept that fact that even Krypton's last son, needs help.

Batman
Thought by the rest of the six to have been a myth all of this time, he earns their respect through his bravery and wisdom. The tactician of the team.

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Happy to have help in his job protecting sector 2814 and planet earth after having to do so much to convince the Guardians of the Galaxy to protect the human race.

WonderWoman
The world of man fascinates her and when it falls into peril and people she has grown to love are in danger she is quick to return to protect it.

Flash (Barry Allen)
The most anxious of all of them to start and join the team.

Aquaman
When the threat that seemingly takes Superman's life infringes on his kingdom, the King of Atlantas comes out swinging.

Martian Manhunter
A captive of whatever alien threat took Superman's life -- he is saved by the Justice League and instrumental in sharing his knowledge of the invader's weaknesses.

-R

Robin91939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #48
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

I guess it depends on the tone of the JL movie too.

If, judging by the writer Will Beall's work (and if his script is used), and the movie has a crime/detective element/feel, then someone like Martian Manhunter would suit that, since he is Detective John Jones, where he comes to Earth and disguises himself as a human - something like that could be used.

But then in a more "realistic" setting, someone like Aquaman would be hardest to incorporate.

Ideally I would like the original 7 lineup but I wouldn't be surprised if they went with Green Arrow and maybe built up to Aquaman.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #49
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I'd like either the Justice League cartoon line up which includes Hawk Girl, or the original classic line up which includes Aqua Man. I'm not sure which is better. I like Hawk Girl, and she will be another female on the team. Aqua Man would provide an iconic feel harking back to the days of the Superfriends cartoon.

As for Martian Manhunter, I'd like him in there, but I suppose if I had to choose between Hawk Girl and MM, I'd choose Hawk Girl.

I think the presence of Wonder Woman, Hawk Girl and Aqua Man give it a mythic feel, as if they come from these ancient or otherworldly civilisations. Martian Manhunter gives it a paranoia and cold war feel, which would be good if they're going for that atmosphere. It really depends on the direction of the movie.

So my line up would be:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman

And then the ones in dispute would be:

Green Lantern - ie which one? Hal Jordan or John Stewart?
Flash - Barry Allen or Wally West?

Martian Manhunter
Aqua Man
Hawk Girl

Old 06-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #50
Rockstar
Banned User

Green Lantern (2011) will contradict Man of Steel. They can't exist together.

Green Lantern introduces the world to Aliens and Alien threats for the first time (and does a half-assed job with it).

Everything we know about Man of Steel is that it will also be mankind's first encounter with aliens and a superpowered threat. Goyer said it's approached as "what if this happened today in the real world."

The context of "Man of Steel" wouldn't make much sense after something so huge as the Parallax attack on Earth.

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote