The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #51
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,807
Default Re: Line-Up?

Green Lantern takes place after. Fixed.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #52
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: Line-Up?

Not fixed.

It would be confusing to audiences.

It also would conflict with Waller's words to Hammond about their first encounter with an alien lifeform.

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #53
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,807
Default Re: Line-Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Not fixed.

It would be confusing to audiences.

It also would conflict with Waller's words to Hammond about their first encounter with an alien lifeform.
Thor, Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man 2 are all wrapped up in each other, that turned out fine. And you can simply not have any Kryptonians die on Earth, if they don't meet Zod then Abin Sur is still Waller and Checkmate's first encounter with alien life.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #54
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,897
Default Re: Line-Up?

The Flash movie is with Barry Allen apparently so he's the one for Justice League.

John Stewart or Hal Jordan is the question. Recasting is stupid, either bring back Reynolds, he might be able to adapt to a better script with him as a supporting character. The comic relief. Or just go with John Stewart.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #55
sethypants
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: Line-Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Not fixed.

It would be confusing to audiences.

It also would conflict with Waller's words to Hammond about their first encounter with an alien lifeform.
Its simple then. Recast Ryan Reynolds.
Have someone else say Ryan Gosling take over as Hal.
Explain that MOS is the only one tied to Justice League.
They recasted Hulk 3 times. I don't see people getting "confused"
Problem solved.
Then the next GL movie, go straight into sinestro corp war or blackest night or something else.

sethypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #56
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: Line-Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Thor, Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man 2 are all wrapped up in each other, that turned out fine.
Because they were planned that way, by Marvel Studios. They logically fit together like pieces of a greater puzzle.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
And you can simply not have any Kryptonians die on Earth, if they don't meet Zod then Abin Sur is still Waller and Checkmate's first encounter with alien life
Haha!

That doesn't solve anything.


Superman and the Kryptonians won't be hidden in Man of Steel. They'll be known to the public.

Heck, there's two massive battles in the open in Kansas and Edwards Air Force Base already confirmed.

There's no way anyone could believe that Abin Sur is the first alien mankind has encountered if Green Lantern comes after Man of Steel.


It completely contradicts.

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #57
Chris B
Side-Kick
 
Chris B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,271
Default Re: Line-Up?

I'd probably be inclined to simply limit it to Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and the Flash, with maybe Martian Manhunter if there's room. Once you go beyond 5-6 characters, I think you really risk sacrificing any meaningful character development. Especially since they'll also have to show the formation of the League itself as well as giving some development to whoever the villain is.

I think it'd be better to hold off on including Aquaman right now. Wait until he can get his own solo film before JL2 or even introduce him in JL2 itself since the origin of the team will be out of the way.

__________________
"Is it fear or courage that compels you, fleshling?"
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #58
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,797
Default Re: Line-Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
I'd probably be inclined to simply limit it to Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and the Flash, with maybe Martian Manhunter if there's room. Once you go beyond 5-6 characters, I think you really risk sacrificing any meaningful character development. Especially since they'll also have to show the formation of the League itself as well as giving some development to whoever the villain is.
Something the Justice League cartoon did within 60 minutes.

__________________
Pomp and Circumstance【Mikasa & Annie】
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #59
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
 
DarkSovereignty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shatterdome
Posts: 13,028
Default Re: Line-Up?

for the first movie I want the big five, Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman. however, if they get a sequel, I'd love for them to expand to Justice League Unlimited numbers. just amass an army of superheroes, maybe have it culminate in OMAC to round out a trilogy.

__________________
http://dapperfowl.wordpress.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #60
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,773
Default Re: Line-Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
for the first movie I want the big five, Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman. however, if they get a sequel, I'd love for them to expand to Justice League Unlimited numbers. just amass an army of superheroes, maybe have it culminate in OMAC to round out a trilogy.
Then they can casually introduce minor character and have them spin off into other movies.

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #61
cleverusername8
Or something like that
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 850
Default Re: Line-Up?

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry Allen/Wally West hybrid), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Martian Manhunter, and I know I'll get some flak for this, but Aquaman. I feel like if they were able to portray him in a way similar to Thor (the mythological character on the team with a more magical feel) he could work as a part of the movie. They may have to tweak/expand his powers a little bit to prevent the general audience from rejecting him (they'd probably take issue with his ability to talk to fish...).

I just wish that they would have put out intro movies for the lesser known characters (and by lesser known I mean the general audience doesn't know their backstories or really what their powers are). Superman and Batman are recognizable enough but everyone else would need some time for the public to actually care about them if they were to see them in a movie.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #62
solidsnake86
Side-Kick
 
solidsnake86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,047
Default Re: Line-Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Not fixed.

It would be confusing to audiences.

It also would conflict with Waller's words to Hammond about their first encounter with an alien lifeform.
Your putting way to much emphasis on a movie that people didn't turn out to watch. If people watched Green lantern once and didn't see it again until justice league came out do you think they would even remember that. Heck I barely remember the movie.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #63
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,807
Default Re: Line-Up?

People ate up First Class, that contradicted like a billion things in the other movies. If they contradict one line in Green Lantern nobody will be that upset.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #64
I Am The Knight
Jokerized
 
I Am The Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Baxter Building
Posts: 12,242
Default Re: Line-Up?

Yeah, it's not that big of a deal...If WB really wants to have GL to be part of the DC Universe, a little line is not gonna stop them.

__________________
Before SHH, your miserable, insignificant little life was laughable. Now that you've found SHH, have you noticed you've become more popular? Suddenly EVERYONE wants to hang out with you.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by OriginalMiles!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #65
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: Line-Up?

If no one supposedly watched Green Lantern, there's no logic in keeping it in continuity. Especially when the people who did see it were turned off by it.

The film built no audience. It brings nothing to JL except making things messy.


From a production standpoint, if Variety is correct that Nolan will be the 'Bruce Timm' of the live action DC films from here on out, there's absolutely no way he'll keep Green Lantern (2011) in continuity.

There's nothing to gain from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
People ate up First Class, that contradicted like a billion things in the other movies. If they contradict one line in Green Lantern nobody will be that upset.

Difference is, First Class in many ways was a reboot of sorts. Aside from the Wolverine and Mystique easter eggs to the fans, everything was new.

Bryan Singer even said it's supposed to be like Abrams Star Trek. It's not confined to lead into the earlier X-men trilogy.

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #66
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,807
Default Re: Line-Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

Difference is, First Class in many ways was a reboot of sorts. Aside from the Wolverine and Mystique easter eggs to the fans, everything was new.

Bryan Singer even said it's supposed to be like Abrams Star Trek. It's not confined to lead into the earlier X-men trilogy.
And everyone who doesn't bother reading Bryan Singer interviews thinks it's a prequel to the other movies and disregards the inconsistencies because they like the movie.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #67
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: Line-Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
And everyone who doesn't bother reading Bryan Singer interviews thinks it's a prequel to the other movies and disregards the inconsistencies because they like the movie.
Not necessarily.

And it is a much easier sell since it involves no carryovers from the previous trilogy in the main cast. It's a cleaner break.

It isn't the same as tossing Ryan into Justice League.

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #68
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,875
Default Re: Line-Up?

Green Lantern is the first movie in the shared DC Universe.

Quote:
Everything we know about Man of Steel is that it will also be mankind's first encounter with aliens and a superpowered threat. Goyer said it's approached as "what if this happened today in the real world."
That description is also a valid one for MOS, as They (Zod and others.) are first aliens that are making contact with Earth people and then declaring a war on them.

Remember that Abin Sur was already dead, so that could not be technically called as first contact with Alien, and Parallax did not communicate with anyone else other than Hector Hammond and Hal Jordan, it just attacked and was quickly taken off the Earth by Hal, while people could call it as an alien entity attack, it looked like some force of nature.

__________________

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #69
solidsnake86
Side-Kick
 
solidsnake86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,047
Default Re: Line-Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Not necessarily.

And it is a much easier sell since it involves no carryovers from the previous trilogy in the main cast. It's a cleaner break.

It isn't the same as tossing Ryan into Justice League.
The difference is, the studios still like Reynolds regardless of what fans say. So if they want him in their they will put him in. The only way to avoid any comparisons is putting in stewart. If you recast Hal your going to have the same problem anyways of people watching GL and picking out a throwaway line that only you seem to care about.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #70
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: Line-Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
The difference is, the studios still like Reynolds regardless of what fans say. So if they want him in their they will put him in. The only way to avoid any comparisons is putting in stewart. If you recast Hal your going to have the same problem anyways of people watching GL and picking out a throwaway line that only you seem to care about.
Haha.

What makes you think Warner Bros likes Reynolds at this point?

It's no surprise how he's distancing himself from GL now: http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/08/03...green-lantern/

"Speaking to where we might find Reynolds' Green Lantern in future film installments, he didn't have quite as much to say as he did back around the film's release. "


His casting bascially backfired for them. Everything backfired with GL.

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #71
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: Line-Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
That description is also a valid one for MOS, as They (Zod and others.) are first aliens that are making contact with Earth people and then declaring a war on them..
We don't necessarily know that yet, but knowing the creative team behind MoS... they are not going to assume that humanity has previously encountered any Alien life.

Especially if they are using the perspective of this happening in the real world.

They will make it as logical, beliveable and realistic as possible.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Parallax did not communicate with anyone else other than Hector Hammond and Hal Jordan, it just attacked and was quickly taken off the Earth by Hal, while people could call it as an alien entity attack, it looked like some force of nature

A force of nature with a giant head that could vapourize people?....


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdtRAxwUQD4

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #72
Changeling
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nilbog
Posts: 3,978
Default Re: Line-Up?

PLEASE no connection to the GL movie. Please. That would be such a mistake. Ryan Reynolds really should not return, I don't think he's horrible, but he blew his chance horribly. The only way I'd even want to see any Green Lantern in a Justice League movie is if they went with John Stewart. I don't particularly want to see Hal again, and including Stewart just makes SO much sense. It adds diversity. And to the people that say Stewart is bland, the JL animated series took aspects of all different GLs and put that into Stewarts character. If we have a good enough writer, this new Green Lantern could revive the Green Lantern in the publics eyes.

Originally I hated the idea of Will Smith playing GL, but aftger thinking about it for a while, he would do a kickass job and people obviously love him. Too expensive, but he could revive GL.

Anthony Mackie and Idris Elba also could do a great job.

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #73
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,897
Default Re: Line-Up?

Will probably won't do it after Hancock. Aren't they planning a sequel to that too? I suggested Elba and it seemed like it got a negative response. I have no idea why. Sure he's in Thor but it's not like he's recognizable in that. The man needs a big starring film. He deserves it, he can play John Stewart and be a mix of all the GL's of the comics.

Isn't Anthony Mackie in Gangster Squad? I just have this feeling that the director of that will be on the shortlist for Batman, GL and Flash. I think he'll get one of them considering his writer on GS is doing JLA now. Mackie could work for John Stewart.

Anyways, they need to abandon last years Green Lantern and focus on bringing in Jogn Stewart. I dont care if most of you want Hal Jordan. I dont want it personally. Reynolds can be the comic relief but it screws them over cuz theyll want to have another solo flick eventually, they will NOT put all their cards on Ryan friggin Reynolds again. There's no way. Recast my ASS! You might risk running into the same problems

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:39 AM   #74
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,219
Default Re: Line-Up?

Why do people think Green Lantern would suddenly be succesful if he's a black guy over a new white guy?

John's more often than not a boring, depressing character. I'd rather they use Alan Scott before John.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:20 AM   #75
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 17,975
Default Re: Line-Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
PLEASE no connection to the GL movie. Please. That would be such a mistake. Ryan Reynolds really should not return, I don't think he's horrible, but he blew his chance horribly. The only way I'd even want to see any Green Lantern in a Justice League movie is if they went with John Stewart. I don't particularly want to see Hal again, and including Stewart just makes SO much sense. It adds diversity. And to the people that say Stewart is bland, the JL animated series took aspects of all different GLs and put that into Stewarts character. If we have a good enough writer, this new Green Lantern could revive the Green Lantern in the publics eyes.

Originally I hated the idea of Will Smith playing GL, but aftger thinking about it for a while, he would do a kickass job and people obviously love him. Too expensive, but he could revive GL.

Anthony Mackie and Idris Elba also could do a great job.
And if he were in Justice League, you can be sure he'd get top billing, but that isn't right for Green Lantern to get that above Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. Green Lantern as the biggest star of the cast is just wrong. He needs someone more low profile than Smith or even any white actor for Hal.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.