Default Re: Line-Up?

Green Lantern takes place after. Fixed.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #52
Rockstar
Banned User

Not fixed.

It would be confusing to audiences.

It also would conflict with Waller's words to Hammond about their first encounter with an alien lifeform.

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #53
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Not fixed.

It also would conflict with Waller's words to Hammond about their first encounter with an alien lifeform.
Thor, Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man 2 are all wrapped up in each other, that turned out fine. And you can simply not have any Kryptonians die on Earth, if they don't meet Zod then Abin Sur is still Waller and Checkmate's first encounter with alien life.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #54
shauner111
Side-Kick

The Flash movie is with Barry Allen apparently so he's the one for Justice League.

John Stewart or Hal Jordan is the question. Recasting is stupid, either bring back Reynolds, he might be able to adapt to a better script with him as a supporting character. The comic relief. Or just go with John Stewart.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #55
sethypants
Banned User

Quote:
Not fixed.

Its simple then. Recast Ryan Reynolds.
Have someone else say Ryan Gosling take over as Hal.
Explain that MOS is the only one tied to Justice League.
They recasted Hulk 3 times. I don't see people getting "confused"
Problem solved.
Then the next GL movie, go straight into sinestro corp war or blackest night or something else.

sethypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #56
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Thor, Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man 2 are all wrapped up in each other, that turned out fine.
Because they were planned that way, by Marvel Studios. They logically fit together like pieces of a greater puzzle.

Quote:
And you can simply not have any Kryptonians die on Earth, if they don't meet Zod then Abin Sur is still Waller and Checkmate's first encounter with alien life
Haha!

That doesn't solve anything.

Superman and the Kryptonians won't be hidden in Man of Steel. They'll be known to the public.

Heck, there's two massive battles in the open in Kansas and Edwards Air Force Base already confirmed.

There's no way anyone could believe that Abin Sur is the first alien mankind has encountered if Green Lantern comes after Man of Steel.

It completely contradicts.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #57
Chris B
Side-Kick

I'd probably be inclined to simply limit it to Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and the Flash, with maybe Martian Manhunter if there's room. Once you go beyond 5-6 characters, I think you really risk sacrificing any meaningful character development. Especially since they'll also have to show the formation of the League itself as well as giving some development to whoever the villain is.

I think it'd be better to hold off on including Aquaman right now. Wait until he can get his own solo film before JL2 or even introduce him in JL2 itself since the origin of the team will be out of the way.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #58
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
I'd probably be inclined to simply limit it to Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and the Flash, with maybe Martian Manhunter if there's room. Once you go beyond 5-6 characters, I think you really risk sacrificing any meaningful character development. Especially since they'll also have to show the formation of the League itself as well as giving some development to whoever the villain is.
Something the Justice League cartoon did within 60 minutes.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #59
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

for the first movie I want the big five, Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman. however, if they get a sequel, I'd love for them to expand to Justice League Unlimited numbers. just amass an army of superheroes, maybe have it culminate in OMAC to round out a trilogy.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #60
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
for the first movie I want the big five, Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman. however, if they get a sequel, I'd love for them to expand to Justice League Unlimited numbers. just amass an army of superheroes, maybe have it culminate in OMAC to round out a trilogy.
Then they can casually introduce minor character and have them spin off into other movies.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #61
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry Allen/Wally West hybrid), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Martian Manhunter, and I know I'll get some flak for this, but Aquaman. I feel like if they were able to portray him in a way similar to Thor (the mythological character on the team with a more magical feel) he could work as a part of the movie. They may have to tweak/expand his powers a little bit to prevent the general audience from rejecting him (they'd probably take issue with his ability to talk to fish...).

I just wish that they would have put out intro movies for the lesser known characters (and by lesser known I mean the general audience doesn't know their backstories or really what their powers are). Superman and Batman are recognizable enough but everyone else would need some time for the public to actually care about them if they were to see them in a movie.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #62
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not fixed.

Your putting way to much emphasis on a movie that people didn't turn out to watch. If people watched Green lantern once and didn't see it again until justice league came out do you think they would even remember that. Heck I barely remember the movie.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #63
HighFivingMF
Welp.

People ate up First Class, that contradicted like a billion things in the other movies. If they contradict one line in Green Lantern nobody will be that upset.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #64
I Am The Knight
Jokerized

Yeah, it's not that big of a deal...If WB really wants to have GL to be part of the DC Universe, a little line is not gonna stop them.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by OriginalMiles!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #65
Rockstar
Banned User

If no one supposedly watched Green Lantern, there's no logic in keeping it in continuity. Especially when the people who did see it were turned off by it.

The film built no audience. It brings nothing to JL except making things messy.

From a production standpoint, if Variety is correct that Nolan will be the 'Bruce Timm' of the live action DC films from here on out, there's absolutely no way he'll keep Green Lantern (2011) in continuity.

There's nothing to gain from it.

Quote:
People ate up First Class, that contradicted like a billion things in the other movies. If they contradict one line in Green Lantern nobody will be that upset.

Difference is, First Class in many ways was a reboot of sorts. Aside from the Wolverine and Mystique easter eggs to the fans, everything was new.

Bryan Singer even said it's supposed to be like Abrams Star Trek. It's not confined to lead into the earlier X-men trilogy.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #66
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:

Difference is, First Class in many ways was a reboot of sorts. Aside from the Wolverine and Mystique easter eggs to the fans, everything was new.

Bryan Singer even said it's supposed to be like Abrams Star Trek. It's not confined to lead into the earlier X-men trilogy.
And everyone who doesn't bother reading Bryan Singer interviews thinks it's a prequel to the other movies and disregards the inconsistencies because they like the movie.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #67
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:
And everyone who doesn't bother reading Bryan Singer interviews thinks it's a prequel to the other movies and disregards the inconsistencies because they like the movie.
Not necessarily.

And it is a much easier sell since it involves no carryovers from the previous trilogy in the main cast. It's a cleaner break.

It isn't the same as tossing Ryan into Justice League.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #68
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Green Lantern is the first movie in the shared DC Universe.

Quote:
Everything we know about Man of Steel is that it will also be mankind's first encounter with aliens and a superpowered threat. Goyer said it's approached as "what if this happened today in the real world."
That description is also a valid one for MOS, as They (Zod and others.) are first aliens that are making contact with Earth people and then declaring a war on them.

Remember that Abin Sur was already dead, so that could not be technically called as first contact with Alien, and Parallax did not communicate with anyone else other than Hector Hammond and Hal Jordan, it just attacked and was quickly taken off the Earth by Hal, while people could call it as an alien entity attack, it looked like some force of nature.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #69
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not necessarily.

And it is a much easier sell since it involves no carryovers from the previous trilogy in the main cast. It's a cleaner break.

It isn't the same as tossing Ryan into Justice League.
The difference is, the studios still like Reynolds regardless of what fans say. So if they want him in their they will put him in. The only way to avoid any comparisons is putting in stewart. If you recast Hal your going to have the same problem anyways of people watching GL and picking out a throwaway line that only you seem to care about.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #70
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
The difference is, the studios still like Reynolds regardless of what fans say. So if they want him in their they will put him in. The only way to avoid any comparisons is putting in stewart. If you recast Hal your going to have the same problem anyways of people watching GL and picking out a throwaway line that only you seem to care about.
Haha.

What makes you think Warner Bros likes Reynolds at this point?

It's no surprise how he's distancing himself from GL now: http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/08/03...green-lantern/

"Speaking to where we might find Reynolds' Green Lantern in future film installments, he didn't have quite as much to say as he did back around the film's release. "

His casting bascially backfired for them. Everything backfired with GL.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #71
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
That description is also a valid one for MOS, as They (Zod and others.) are first aliens that are making contact with Earth people and then declaring a war on them..
We don't necessarily know that yet, but knowing the creative team behind MoS... they are not going to assume that humanity has previously encountered any Alien life.

Especially if they are using the perspective of this happening in the real world.

They will make it as logical, beliveable and realistic as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Parallax did not communicate with anyone else other than Hector Hammond and Hal Jordan, it just attacked and was quickly taken off the Earth by Hal, while people could call it as an alien entity attack, it looked like some force of nature

A force of nature with a giant head that could vapourize people?....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdtRAxwUQD4

Old 06-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #72
Changeling
Banned User

PLEASE no connection to the GL movie. Please. That would be such a mistake. Ryan Reynolds really should not return, I don't think he's horrible, but he blew his chance horribly. The only way I'd even want to see any Green Lantern in a Justice League movie is if they went with John Stewart. I don't particularly want to see Hal again, and including Stewart just makes SO much sense. It adds diversity. And to the people that say Stewart is bland, the JL animated series took aspects of all different GLs and put that into Stewarts character. If we have a good enough writer, this new Green Lantern could revive the Green Lantern in the publics eyes.

Originally I hated the idea of Will Smith playing GL, but aftger thinking about it for a while, he would do a kickass job and people obviously love him. Too expensive, but he could revive GL.

Anthony Mackie and Idris Elba also could do a great job.

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #73
shauner111
Side-Kick

Will probably won't do it after Hancock. Aren't they planning a sequel to that too? I suggested Elba and it seemed like it got a negative response. I have no idea why. Sure he's in Thor but it's not like he's recognizable in that. The man needs a big starring film. He deserves it, he can play John Stewart and be a mix of all the GL's of the comics.

Isn't Anthony Mackie in Gangster Squad? I just have this feeling that the director of that will be on the shortlist for Batman, GL and Flash. I think he'll get one of them considering his writer on GS is doing JLA now. Mackie could work for John Stewart.

Anyways, they need to abandon last years Green Lantern and focus on bringing in Jogn Stewart. I dont care if most of you want Hal Jordan. I dont want it personally. Reynolds can be the comic relief but it screws them over cuz theyll want to have another solo flick eventually, they will NOT put all their cards on Ryan friggin Reynolds again. There's no way. Recast my ASS! You might risk running into the same problems

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:39 AM   #74
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Why do people think Green Lantern would suddenly be succesful if he's a black guy over a new white guy?

John's more often than not a boring, depressing character. I'd rather they use Alan Scott before John.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:20 AM   #75
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
PLEASE no connection to the GL movie. Please. That would be such a mistake. Ryan Reynolds really should not return, I don't think he's horrible, but he blew his chance horribly. The only way I'd even want to see any Green Lantern in a Justice League movie is if they went with John Stewart. I don't particularly want to see Hal again, and including Stewart just makes SO much sense. It adds diversity. And to the people that say Stewart is bland, the JL animated series took aspects of all different GLs and put that into Stewarts character. If we have a good enough writer, this new Green Lantern could revive the Green Lantern in the publics eyes.

Originally I hated the idea of Will Smith playing GL, but aftger thinking about it for a while, he would do a kickass job and people obviously love him. Too expensive, but he could revive GL.

Anthony Mackie and Idris Elba also could do a great job.
And if he were in Justice League, you can be sure he'd get top billing, but that isn't right for Green Lantern to get that above Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. Green Lantern as the biggest star of the cast is just wrong. He needs someone more low profile than Smith or even any white actor for Hal.