The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 11-14-2012, 04:06 AM   #326
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: New characters you want to see in the First Class sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan69 View Post
I think Famkes cameo in Wolverine will lead to her appearing in this film. IMHO Jean will take over Kittys role in the story.
What? Whether Jean is going to be appear in DOFP or not. I just don't see her traveling to the past to save the future. In X3 she was killed because she turned evil. The role is just not suitable for her.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #327
Angamb
Banned User

if they cant get Ellen back, I wouldnt mind Rogue traveling back.

I think it would be a smart move to have a young x-girl teaming up with 60's x-men, since they are all boys.

If not Ellen or Anna.... I guess I wouldnt mind a character like Bishop or Cable.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #328
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

It would surely be a familiar character from the original films who is the time traveller, and if it's someone who is also alive in the 60s (either for more drama or allowing for some sort of mind transference across time), it has to be Xavier, Beast, Wolverine, Mystique or Magneto.

From those options, it seems more likely to be Xavier's mind, or Wolverine or Mystique doing a physical time travel.

They might be accompanied by other characters, such as Cable, Bishop, or even Kitty, but I can't see Kitty being the main time-traveller.

Just my thoughts anyway, we have no idea of the exact mechanics of the story they have cooked up.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #329
Angamb
Banned User

what if the traveler is a young Polaris???

and she cant come back to the future so has to stay on the past for some years?

that would be a cool way to have her on this new series without introducing her in the 60's period and develop her connection with Eric without feel rushed.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #330
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Just started watching Wolverine and the X-Men for the first time. It makes me more convinced that old!Charles will be the traveler. For those who haven't seen the series (no spoilers don't worry, this is what I've learned from the first 5 episodes), Charles' consciousness somehow gets sent forward in time about 20 years (presumably to his future body, that part hasn't been explained yet). He communicates with present-day Wolverine through astral projection, getting him to stop events that will lead them to the apocalyptic future he's in.

This could be such an interesting angle in DOFP if it's youngCharles he chooses to present himself to. I don't imagine Charles has the ability to astral project yet so seeing his future self might come as quite a shock to him... he might wonder if he's losing his mind. It might lead to Charles being more or less the main character which would be pretty nifty. Don't get me wrong, Magneto is my favorite character and I am looking forward to Fassbender's brilliant reprisal, but I'd love to learn more about Charles. The character was pretty shafted in the original trilogy (unconscious, captured, killed). Now that they've made him interesting I want to see him more involved.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #331
def28
Side-Kick

Great show, was really disappointed we didnt get a second season. They had some cool things goen on.

Using Charles in a similar way like WATX did could def work. Id be fine if they went Kitty, Cable or Bishop route as well tbh. I think alot of ways could possibly work for this film. We need info asap!

Last edited by def28; 11-14-2012 at 08:28 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #332
conan69
Cimmerian

Yes.... Jean is dead, but time travel/ alt reality stories have a way with ignoring established history.
And as far as continuity goes, this franchise has been all over the place. I agree with Maniac, it'll be a character from the trilogy we've spent time with.

Pure speculation on my part due to Jean appearing in The Wolverine, which takes place after TLS. It is most likely for flashbacks, but....maybe not. I would guess they would use Wolverine to lead into DoFP somehow, as the Marvel films has proved to be very affective is having small scenes build up future films.

If you want to discount Jean, then you'd have to do the same with Mystique and Rogue,both of who were shown to be cured. Plus if you were go with a older Mystique, wouldn't that be Rebecca. Her cameo in First Class would certainly hint at her not being against revisiting X-Men.

I think Anna returning is a long shot. When does production start on this film? I thought it was the new year and Anna wilol be busy at that time on the set of True Blood.

As said with time travel stories, there are ways around established history, which is why I dislike them so much. Simply, if someone could travel back in time to the 70's..why not to the events in TLS and prevent Jeans death? It woulod really be as simple as that. It would allow them to ignore TLS ,which a lot of people would seem to prefer.

Last edited by conan69; 11-14-2012 at 10:15 AM.
conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #333
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The time travlel will be
2:Kitty or Rogue(True Bllod's new season Is only suspose to be 10 episodes and
will DOFP filming In April it Is possable In theory for Anna as Rogue to be
time travler.Regardless don't discount possibilty of Anna In future sequezes)
3:Mystique(adult Mystique changes mind with younger Mystique)

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #334
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Famke Janssen probably see it in X-Men: Days of future past, perhaps as Phoenix rising from the ashes.

Here she is in presenting Helmock grove, the new series of horror Eli Roth.She is the protagonist.

''Helmock grove''horror series 2013.

Last edited by Alison Blaire; 11-14-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #335
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Yes.... Jean is dead, but time travel/ alt reality stories have a way with ignoring established history.
And as far as continuity goes, this franchise has been all over the place. I agree with Maniac, it'll be a character from the trilogy we've spent time with.

Pure speculation on my part due to Jean appearing in The Wolverine, which takes place after TLS. It is most likely for flashbacks, but....maybe not. I would guess they would use Wolverine to lead into DoFP somehow, as the Marvel films has proved to be very affective is having small scenes build up future films.

If you want to discount Jean, then you'd have to do the same with Mystique and Rogue,both of who were shown to be cured. Plus if you were go with a older Mystique, wouldn't that be Rebecca. Her cameo in First Class would certainly hint at her not being against revisiting X-Men.

I think Anna returning is a long shot. When does production start on this film? I thought it was the new year and Anna wilol be busy at that time on the set of True Blood.

As said with time travel stories, there are ways around established history, which is why I dislike them so much. Simply, if someone could travel back in time to the 70's..why not to the events in TLS and prevent Jeans death? It woulod really be as simple as that.
It has to be a one-shot deal, the machine gets destroyed or something like that.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #336
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

I still think Rogue could be a key character, especially if say the time travel is explained as a mutant ability/ instead of a time machine/ or mind switching

she could either take the time-travel power from another mutant, or maybe even could be the combined powers of a few different mutant abilities

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #337
Project862006
Banned User

i kind of want rouge as a tombstone would hit hard for logan

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #338
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
I still think Rogue could be a key character, especially if say the time travel is explained as a mutant ability/ instead of a time machine/ or mind switching

she could either take the time-travel power from another mutant, or maybe even could be the combined powers of a few different mutant abilities
definetly a GREAT idea.

As Ive said, if they cant get Ellen back, Rogue could be the perfect sustitute. At least for me.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #339
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think Bryan Singer would be more Intrested In getting Anna Paquin back as Rogue.So it will not shock me If Kitty's role Is given to Rogue.

It's very unlikely there will be any reference made to cure or any other event In Last Stand.Now It may remain In cannon but Bryan may not want to give any reference made
to that film.

For those wanting Famke Janssen In film as I keep pointing out you shouldn't assume her cameo In The wolverine Is a live In present appearance.They don't have the Phoenix Is cosmic being excuse to justify a resurrection.And Days of future Past will not be about rewritting the Last Stand.Now If they would let Bryan Ignore the Last stand you could have Jean show up at end of the wolverine alive when he returns to mansion after time In japan and say she has recently returned while Wolverine was In japan.

The only way I see Jean or Cyclops resurrected In Days o future past Is If there Is sending showing the future was prevented and having Cyclops and Jean alive with other
X-Men trilogy actors at end of film.

for Xavier changing minds It would have to happen midway through film.That would mean most of first half would eather be In future or cut back and forth.With Mystique as time traveler that destroys any character devolpment of Younger Mystique.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #340
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I really hope it's not Mystique!

From all the possibilities provided, Xavier seems like the most logical choice, anyways so *phew*.

EnDz0n3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #341
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Not DOFP-related per se but James Marsden's name is making the rounds on entertainment websites...for being a big Barry Manilow fan?

This one's from The Hollywood Reporter:

Quote:
Marsden laughed and said he's constantly asked this about the singer but that it's just not true. The Access Hollywood host protested that he got it from a presumably reliable source: the actor's IMDb bio.

So it must be correct, right? Not so much. Explains Marsden, "I have a famous actor friend of mine -- I won't tell you who he is -- but he likes to go into other people's bios and add things."

EnDz0n3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #342
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:

Not necessarily. Just because they're cured doesn't mean they're incapable of traveling to the past and delivering a message. Plus, in Mystique's case, she still has a younger version of herself with whom she can swap minds. Also, the Days of Future Past future could be an alternate one, in which both women still have their powers. Jean Grey could be alive in this alternate future, but she still wouldn't have a younger version of herself present in the 1960s, like Mystique does. Though, I agree with marvelrobbins that using Mystique could be problematic, as it could stifle character development.

Last edited by BMM; 11-14-2012 at 02:25 PM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #343
conan69
Cimmerian

Quote:
Also, the Days of Future Past future could be an alternate one
Exactly. Which I why I speculate we may see Jean coming back - based on her appearance in The Wolverine. It makes sense to build towards DoFP, taking a cue from the Marvel films.

I really dont have any preference towards Jean, as I was never really happy with Famke in the role. Its pure speculation on my part.

As for Kitty. If they go with a 50-ish Kitty, they really dont really need Ellen, they can recast the part.

We still have a ways to go, but it will be interesting to see who is involved as we get closer to next spring.

Last edited by conan69; 11-14-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #344
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The cure will not be referenced at all.People are forgetting the end of Last Stand hited at It ultimetly only working temporly.

Days of future Past Is being done for a reason.To creat event film with cast members from both First Class and original trilogy(or at least X-Men/X2) and for Jean people are In denial that Famke Janssen's cameo In wolverine may be nothing but a dream or halluncation.Prime example Is Liem Neeson In The Dark Knight rises many thought It was
going to be a flashback Instead just an hallunication.Alternate future defeats the purpose of connecting films.Plus don't people think If Bryan Singer Is assembling actors from his films In Days of future Past future scenes he would want to do a possable future of characters he did In X-Men and X2.The future with Sentinles should be viewed as the future that would happen If the assassination Magneto Is planning suceeds.

Xavier as Time traveler Is bad Idea.Why once It happens you have Xavier immedetly at manison.With other choices you have a bit of journey you can do.Plus to have any devolpment of Xavier you have to keep the mind swiping till half way through the film.

When Bryan Singer did Superman returns he keep most of references to Superman.The only references made to Superman II were of Lex luthor previously being at fortress of
Solatride and his double life sentinces.Singer admitted In Interviews he never wanted to address how Superman and Lois conceived Jason.He'll keep all references In Days
of future past of past X-Men films to first Class,X-Men,and X2.He's not going to make references to The Last Stand.To this day Singer's only comment on last Stand Is he regrets not doing It.

If I am wrong on Famke Janssen's wolverine cameo I will gladly admit It.But,I am not going to assume things after the Dark Knight rises.That Is proof assuming can make you a fool.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:58 AM   #345
Octoberist
point blank

I wouldn't mind seeing Gambit again, but this time played by someone else..

Old 11-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #346
conan69
Cimmerian

I want to see Cyclops treated the way he deserves...

Also:
Scarlet Witch
Thunderbird
Quicksilver
Sunfire
Avalanche

Old 11-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #347
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Your going to be disappointed as almost none you list will be In Days of future past.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #348
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Your going to be disappointed as almost none you list will be In Days of future past.
I think we could see some new FC students. Could be ones weve already seen though depending on how later it is form FC. Cyc and Jean etc.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:24 AM   #349
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I think we could see some new FC students. Could be ones weve already seen though depending on how later it is form FC. Cyc and Jean etc.
Im sure Singer will introduce a new mutant in the 60's. Not neccesary as a team member, but he will probably use a new mutant to keep expanding the 60's universe.

All the sequels introduce new mutants, in any form, so even if this has a complex plot like Days of future, there will be a few new mutants here and there.

I just hope they arent young Scott and Jean, because they deserve a whole sequel to get developed and this isnt the right one.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:41 AM   #350
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah I think we will for sure see at least one new mutant in the past stuff.

I think with Scott or Jean it depends when it takes place. If its somewhere in the 70-80s I think Scott or Jean could show. They gotta mention Havok has a brother at some point soon, and at the least mention his brother so it doesnt come of as some random addition later.

Last edited by def28; 11-16-2012 at 03:47 AM.