The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 12-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #476
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: New characters you want to see in the First Class sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Your ignoring the fact that between first Class and Original trilogy or X-Men/X2 cast that
Is large cast right there.Besides target of assassination the only room will be for cameos.
We don't need another Last Stand situation.
What about the President or the person that the Brotherhood is going to assassinate? Whether its a main, supporting or small role. Of course there's going to be a new character. Every X-Men movie after X1 introduced a new character.

And I get your point that this movie shouldn't be overcrowded. Thats why I don't want Jean, Scott, Kurt to return. but 1 new mutant character wouldn't hurt the film at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Okay, so let's suppose they introduce one new character in the future, and one in the past. Who?
Future= Bishop
Past= Polaris

Those would be my choices but if they are gonna bring a new character especially a member of the X-Men, I hope that new character will have a significant role in the plot of the movie.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #477
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I had mentioned In past My thinking the new character would be target of assassination.

What some are convently forgetting they have to jugle both the First Class cast and
cast from X trilogy.I could Imagine Franklin Richards or Forge or both In small roles In
fuutre scenes but as far as characters like Bishop or Cable forget It.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #478
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I had mentioned In past My thinking the new character would be target of assassination.

What some are convently forgetting they have to jugle both the First Class cast and
cast from X trilogy.I could Imagine Franklin Richards or Forge or both In small roles In
fuutre scenes but as far as characters like Bishop or Cable forget It.
Unless they are going to continue doing time-travel movies, then there isn't going to be another opportunity to introduce Bishop, Cable or Rachel Summers (or Fitzroy for that matter).

Forge could be brought into another film as he isn't just linked to time travel and time machines.

The most ideal new characters for the future setting are Bishop, Cable or Rachel. I think we could see at least one of those because there isn't going to be another opportunity unless they do more time-travel stories in the films.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #479
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

1:rachel Is way,way too Complicated to use
2:Bishop Isn't going to be a time traveler.That will go to a more familar charater.Unlike First Class they can use more familar character.Plus Bishop hasn't been popular In years.
3:Cable has same problem as Rachel.Mark Millar has mentioned talk of X-force film.That would be when they would use Cable.

Throwing In tons of new characters In future cenes takes away from point of doing DOFp.Connecting first Class and original trilogy.Casting Will Smith or Laurence Fishbourne as Bishop or Liem Neeson as Cable as suggested would take away from original trilogy actors.And If you cast Will Smith as Bishop this film becomes all about Bishop.And neither Bishop or Cable are part of original DOFP storyline.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:55 AM   #480
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
The most ideal new characters for the future setting are Bishop, Cable or Rachel. I think we could see at least one of those because there isn't going to be another opportunity unless they do more time-travel stories in the films.
I agree with you that this seems like the perfect opportunity to introduce character/s who had a history of time-traveling in the comics.

But I also agree with Marvel Robbins, Rachel Summers would be too complicated to use especially given her background, in the comics, her dad is Cyclops. Havok already confused some people here whether if he's really Cyclops' older brother or not and that is still not clear to this day. Cable is also related to Cyclops and compare to Bishop, he's a bigger character and I don't think this is the perfect timing to introduce him.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 12-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #481
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I agree with you that this seems like the perfect opportunity to introduce character/s who had a history of time-traveling in the comics.

But I also agree with Marvel Robbins, Rachel Summers would be too complicated to use especially given her background, in the comics, her dad is Cyclops. Havok already confused some people here whether if he's really Cyclops' older brother or not and that is still not clear to this day. Cable is also related to Cyclops and compare to Bishop, he's a bigger character and I don't think this is the perfect timing to introduce him.
I agree. I was just thinking out loud, speculating in the absence of facts. Quite honestly, I doubt they will put Cable or Rachel in the film, and even Bishop seems unlikely if they don't want to take the focus away from the returning characters.

Even Kitty seems unlikely as the time traveller - in the comics she was much more of an established X-Men member and she had future and past versions.

Bishop, Cable, Rachel, etc, are probably best kept for an X-Men tale set in the far future, perhaps after the future of DoFP.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:45 AM   #482
def28
Side-Kick

If they added any of them Id be cool with it. I hope they surprise us in a few ways. I felt like Ive read so many possibilities that the chance of them giving us something that hasnt been mentioned on here is getting slim. On the other hand this film does have endless possibilities...we shall see.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #483
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

I've finally decided...young Storm. I don't think it's brought up enough how much she as a character was screwed in the movies.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:31 AM   #484
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

A young Storm would be better than the pre-existing future Storm

Old 12-26-2012, 06:11 AM   #485
Angamb
Banned User

would be great to see a young Storm working and sharing scenes with young Beast, Havok and Banshee.

Just to imagine Banshee and Storm both flying all over the place......

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #486
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

It would be glorious!

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #487
ThanosOfTitans
The Mad Titan

young Storm, young Jean, Mr. Sinister or Apocalypse (maybe introduced at the end to be the main protagonist of the next film), Scarlet Witch, or future Rogue (with full power set from traditional comics)

ThanosOfTitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #488
Hellion
He's Not Serious

The Hellfire Club is my favorite villain group (after the Brotherhood, in the comics). I'd like to see the group expanded upon using some of the more actual Hellfire related characters.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #489
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
The Hellfire Club is my favorite villain group (after the Brotherhood, in the comics). I'd like to see the group expanded upon using some of the more actual Hellfire related characters.
I agree it would be nice to see the Hellfire Club again with new characters. I imagine that Shaw and Frost were just one branch of the wider organisation. The club wasn't used to full effect within First Class and it would be a shame if it was the last we heard of it, as it has great potential.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:28 AM   #490
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I said this before, for me the Hellfire Club ended when Sebastian Shaw died. There wasn't an indication that that organization would continue. Even if they came up with new characters and a new story for the Hellfire Club, I feel like they should move on with Magneto's Brotherhood or villain/s that we haven't seen before.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 01-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #491
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Since we've already been there and done that, I'd rather see other story lines in the future.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #492
Angamb
Banned User

I kind of agree. Since this sequel will more than likely have Magneto and his brotherhood, lets hope the next one gives us something totally new, because to repeat villains would be to waste too many oportunities

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #493
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Also I think Jason Stryker is essentially Jason Wynguard/Mastermind.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #494
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

For DOFP the villains the X-Men will go up aginast will be Sentinles In future.Rather they have a mastermold or some kind of AI controlling them I am not sure.And In Past It will
be first X-Men VS Brotherhood.Any other villains are really a moot talk for now.That Is
something better for X-Men sequels forum.Because for this film the villains are mostly set.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #495
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
I said this before, for me the Hellfire Club ended when Sebastian Shaw died. There wasn't an indication that that organization would continue. Even if they came up with new characters and a new story for the Hellfire Club, I feel like they should move on with Magneto's Brotherhood or villain/s that we haven't seen before.
Who's to say Magneto, Emma, Mystique et al at the end of FC is NOT a new incarnation of the Hellfire Club. It might not be exactly like the comics (though Magneto has been a member of the club before) but that is always a possibility.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #496
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

That was more the first version of Brotherhood although It's possible In DOFP the brotherhood could come off as cross between brotherhood and Hellfire Club.

The thought has crossed my mind of them operating from club like with Emma as public host with Magneto as BTS mastermind and using Club to get Mystique In Jennifer Lawrence's form outside blue makeup close to target of planned assassination.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:59 AM   #497
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Who's to say Magneto, Emma, Mystique et al at the end of FC is NOT a new incarnation of the Hellfire Club. It might not be exactly like the comics (though Magneto has been a member of the club before) but that is always a possibility.
Here you are again with your theories. First, Mystique and Magneto being two of the 1st six members of the X-Men. And now they'll be part of the new incarnation of the Hellfire Club.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 01-02-2013, 05:33 AM   #498
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I think the Hellfire Club were a bit of a wasted opportunity - very undefined and undeveloped. There may be scope to bring them back way down the line in a future film, explaining that it was a much bigger organisation than just Shaw and that he only led one branch of it.

I agree we could see other villains in the meantime, like Sinister, Apocalypse, Shadow King.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #499
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Here you are again with your theories. First, Mystique and Magneto being two of the 1st six members of the X-Men. And now they'll be part of the new incarnation of the Hellfire Club.
I don't know what your problem is I don't get people who do this.

Maybe you should stop shutting down people's theories. I'm not saying they are the new Hellfire Club, I'm saying people should be prepared to have that as a possibility, however unlikely it might be. For one thing they were never called either Brotherhood or Hellfire Club at the end there. What's the harm in being open to the possibility of that team at the end being Hellfire Club?

Guess what? We're on a Discussion board to discuss the film that none of us have seen or know very little about. People being hellbent on one idea (and their own idea is the only correct one) annoys me to no end. If people coming up with different theories bugs you so much, maybe you should stop reading discussion boards altogether?

Last edited by EnDz0n3; 01-02-2013 at 10:47 PM.
EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:44 AM   #500
goldiron
New User - Level 0

I would want to see Darwin come back to life again. It could work and this time he's made up of pure energy according to the comics.

goldiron is offline   Reply With Quote