The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 07-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #151
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: New characters you want to see in the First Class sequel?

Well, I guess I'm the only one who feels the following way (after reading this thread start to finish) so here's my proposal for the sequel:

X-Men:
Xavier
Scott Summers
Jean Grey
Storm
Beast
Banshee

The Brotherhood
Magneto
Emma Frost
Mystique
Azazel

Reasons: The above mutants in my opinion present the best visuals and story-telling elements for a sequel to really set this franchise back up properly. Most of the mutants are A-List characters who moviegoing audiences REALLY want to see. Lack of their presence was sorely felt in the first film and the box office sales suffered for that, even though the quality was a return to form for the franchise.

The continuity issues of First Class can be handled to an extent with the following changes:

Changes:

Havok--Delete: The actor playing this character is not a good one. Visually, he's nowhere near as exciting as his brother, IMO. And continuity-wise, he shouldn't be there anyway. Including him in First Class was bad politics on FOX's part-easily one of the most transparently uper-personal vendetta-driven decisions the studio has made since killing off Scott in X3.

However, deleting him (i.e. Nightcrawler not appearing in X3) corrects it. Not all of these mutants have to be reused for the sequel.

Riptide--Delete: Redundant powers, speaky no English--or any other language anyway.

Angel Salvadore--Delete: With both Mystique AND Emma Frost working for Magneto, she is rendered useless now. Her deletion will give more camera time for developing Emma, who was reduced to a vacuous fembot in the last film.

Storm--Add: We already saw a glimpse of her in First Class so we know she's alive during this time frame. She needs to be added now, not only for diversity, but to balance out the gender bender problem created by Mystique's departure in the first film. The character remains one of Marvel's biggest names and in term of marketing, will be an instant box office draw--which this sequel will need.

Also, since X3's Angel and Ice-Man aren't born yet in this continuum, Storm is the only other "senior" original member mainstream audiences will recognize besides Wolverine and of course, the following two....

Jean & Scott--Add: Desperately needed. And yes, I'll say it: I want a love story here NOW to take our focus off of the over wrought Xavier/Magneto "love story." Jean and Scott, along with Beast are the only ones who deserved to be in the last film anyway, so they are overdue.

Banshee--Recast: Get another, slightly older actor. And one with better acting skills so this character can really be a prime player in this sequel. They made him a red-headed goofy mess in the last film and he felt wasted to me.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 07-13-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #152
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

I liked the kid who played Banshee.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #153
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Hey Danoyse! *hugs*

I had a hard time understanding him. It's like, he didn't open his mouth up all the way when he'd speak.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #154
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Hey Danoyse! *hugs*

I had a hard time understanding him. It's like, he didn't open his mouth up all the way when he'd speak.
LS!! *hugs back*

I thought he was a cute kid - typical teenager without being horribly annoying.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:49 AM   #155
The Strategos
Side-Kick

I know it's bad but if they do an X4 I really hope they pull a comic book and bring bakc Scott and repower the other dudes !
As for lightningstrykez's list, you'll probably get your desire!

The Strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #156
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Yeah me too. I definitely want to see him in the sequel.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #157
Angamb
Banned User

Banshe brings so much fun, both in the comedy department and on visual effects.

He's in fact the first x-men to really fly like the mutants on the comics, or any other hero that can fly.

So he is a must for the sequel, well, the three x-men to date. All need more development, specially Banshee and Havok.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:57 AM   #158
The Strategos
Side-Kick

Storm can fly, I mean, I don't wnat Banshee to go bt I just thought I'd say...

Old 07-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #159
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Storm did fly on the movies but she didn't fly like Banshee on X-Men: First Class.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 07-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #160
Lightning Strykez!

Storm..."spun" in the films. She didn't fly quite like Banshee--and she should've considering her uniform's "wings" are similar to his.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #161
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I agree with "deleting" Angel Salvadore and Riptide. However, I don't think Scott, Jean, and Storm should be brought in so soon; I don't think they were that old in the original trilogy (30's perhaps?), so they'd either be very young, or they wouldn't exist yet, and I don't think the sequel will be going too far into the future. And I agree about recasting Banshee with a stronger actor.

Duran Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:05 AM   #162
BMM
Side-Kick

If they're doing Days of Future Past, I don't see the need to bring them in at all. I just don't think there is enough time.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:10 AM   #163
The Strategos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Storm..."spun" in the films. She didn't fly quite like Banshee--and she should've considering her uniform's "wings" are similar to his.
In the comics Storm can manipulate the wind currects so that if she wears that big cape thing she can definately fly, as she did in Dark Pheonix Saga.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #164
BMM
Side-Kick

She can definitely fly without the cape, too.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #165
Angamb
Banned User

The day I see young Storm flying at the same time than Banshee, it will be a wonderfull day.

Two x-men flying on the air and fightting as a team would be such a special sequence, after all these years, with past movies and only the animated series showing that kind of action

Old 07-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #166
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Yeah me too. I definitely want to see him in the sequel.
Same here, he was a bit goofy in parts, but he got serious when he needed to and pulled it off well.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:47 AM   #167
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
The day I see young Storm flying at the same time than Banshee, it will be a wonderfull day.

Two x-men flying on the air and fightting as a team would be such a special sequence, after all these years, with past movies and only the animated series showing that kind of action
I would like to see Storm float or fly more often, like she should use her powers for smaller things and not just for action. Its like seeing Jean Grey using her telekenesis just to pick up a syringe or Iceman cooling Wolverine's beer.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 07-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #168
The Strategos
Side-Kick

Yeah, those bits are great because they are slightly amusing and are an intreresting insight into the day-to-day of having powers !

Old 07-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #169
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Not exactly a new name per se but I would love to see Gambit return in this, wouldnt mind Kitsch coming back either as I thought he did quite well in the role.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #170
The Strategos
Side-Kick

How would Gambit fit in though? I agree about Kitsch btw.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:50 AM   #171
Angamb
Banned User

Id like to see Gambit once Scott, Jean and Storm are already introduced.

I know we'll have to wait some years for that, but it would be great to have them all together, it could be the closer we get to X4, and a nod to the 90's tv show, even without Rogue and Wolverine.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #172
Phantom X
Side-Kick

Gambit is a bit of a shady character who did work for Mr Sinister. They both could be in the movie I guess. Mr Sinister also worked with the following weirdos: Gorgeous George, Hairbag, Ruckus, and Slab. They're just too strong, the X-men could never defeat them!I think Forge or Thunderbird would be neat, adding an Native American presence to the film.

Phantom X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:13 AM   #173
Angamb
Banned User

agree about Thunderbird. would be nice as a cameo in the sequel, in case they dont want him as a full member.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #174
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Cylcops & Jean.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #175
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Well, I guess I'm the only one who feels the following way (after reading this thread start to finish) so here's my proposal for the sequel:

X-Men:
Xavier
Scott Summers
Jean Grey
Storm
Beast
Banshee

The Brotherhood
Magneto
Emma Frost
Mystique
Azazel

Reasons: The above mutants in my opinion present the best visuals and story-telling elements for a sequel to really set this franchise back up properly. Most of the mutants are A-List characters who moviegoing audiences REALLY want to see. Lack of their presence was sorely felt in the first film and the box office sales suffered for that, even though the quality was a return to form for the franchise.

The continuity issues of First Class can be handled to an extent with the following changes:

Changes:

Havok--Delete: The actor playing this character is not a good one. Visually, he's nowhere near as exciting as his brother, IMO. And continuity-wise, he shouldn't be there anyway. Including him in First Class was bad politics on FOX's part-easily one of the most transparently uper-personal vendetta-driven decisions the studio has made since killing off Scott in X3.

However, deleting him (i.e. Nightcrawler not appearing in X3) corrects it. Not all of these mutants have to be reused for the sequel.

Riptide--Delete: Redundant powers, speaky no English--or any other language anyway.

Angel Salvadore--Delete: With both Mystique AND Emma Frost working for Magneto, she is rendered useless now. Her deletion will give more camera time for developing Emma, who was reduced to a vacuous fembot in the last film.

Storm--Add: We already saw a glimpse of her in First Class so we know she's alive during this time frame. She needs to be added now, not only for diversity, but to balance out the gender bender problem created by Mystique's departure in the first film. The character remains one of Marvel's biggest names and in term of marketing, will be an instant box office draw--which this sequel will need.

Also, since X3's Angel and Ice-Man aren't born yet in this continuum, Storm is the only other "senior" original member mainstream audiences will recognize besides Wolverine and of course, the following two....

Jean & Scott--Add: Desperately needed. And yes, I'll say it: I want a love story here NOW to take our focus off of the over wrought Xavier/Magneto "love story." Jean and Scott, along with Beast are the only ones who deserved to be in the last film anyway, so they are overdue.

Banshee--Recast: Get another, slightly older actor. And one with better acting skills so this character can really be a prime player in this sequel. They made him a red-headed goofy mess in the last film and he felt wasted to me.
How about not recasting or deleting anybody, and i think Havoc's powers are more exiting than Cyclop's as when he uses he must have a certain control and can release them from his hands or chest

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote