The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 07-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #176
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: New characters you want to see in the First Class sequel?

They are not going to recast anybody,and they are not going to flood the film with
new characters.The sequel Is based on Days of future Past Storyline.The only way you
are getting Storm Is older storm appearace.forget about Cyclops and Jean Grey.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #177
Angamb
Banned User

marvelrobbins, we still havent confirmation on the plot, so we shouldnt talk like facts, hehe

and I know, the rumours, the registration of the tittle and all of that, but lets just speculate, without limit others comments

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #178
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I liked the kid who played Banshee.
I did too

Old 07-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #179
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
marvelrobbins, we still havent confirmation on the plot, so we shouldnt talk like facts, hehe

and I know, the rumours, the registration of the tittle and all of that, but lets just speculate, without limit others comments
I think some are living In denial here.All signs point to Days of future Past.

But,for sake of arguement If they add 2 more x_men they aren't going to
flood this film with new characters.Doesn't anyone remember the problems
of the Last Stand.It's very unlikly they are going to recast any kep parts returning from First Class since the actors signed for sequels.

Xavier In first Class has just been crippled,has hair,and In mid to late twenties.Too soon to have Cyclops,Jean,and Storm to be Introduced.
Someone here want to create even bigger contunity problems than Xavier's crippling caused.

I always like to speculate based on logicil evidance.and available clues.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #180
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
They are not going to recast anybody,and they are not going to flood the film with
new characters.The sequel Is based on Days of future Past Storyline.The only way you
Cheers for clearing that up.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #181
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Xavier In first Class has just been crippled,has hair,and In mid to late twenties.Too soon to have Cyclops,Jean,and Storm to be Introduced.
Someone here want to create even bigger contunity problems than Xavier's crippling caused.

I always like to speculate based on logicil evidance.and available clues.
With either DOFP or a straight follow up, there should be at least mention of the Summers family. Ignoring it for later films would be a bad call because of Havok imo. they should have made that connection in FC. Im not saying he should have a big role, but there would be nothing wrong with exploring more about Havok which would almost certainly lead to Cyclops somewhere.

But yeah, all signs point to DOFP.

Last edited by def28; 07-26-2012 at 07:19 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #182
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Mr.

****ing

Sinister.

Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:01 AM   #183
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Yeah I agree. Now that Days of Future Past is officially confirmed. I don't think we'll be seeing the younger version of Cyclops and Jean Grey unless they are a big part of the story but I don't think they are. Then as for Storm, if she's going to appear in this movie, it would be the older version of her which is Halle Berry from the 1st three X-Men movies.

Quote:
Id like to see Gambit once Scott, Jean and Storm are already introduced.

I know we'll have to wait some years for that, but it would be great to have them all together, it could be the closer we get to X4, and a nod to the 90's tv show, even without Rogue and Wolverine.
I would like to see Gambit in X4 with Rogue, Iceman and Colossus. And he would probably remember Wolverine if they don't ignore XOW. But if they fully ignore XOW and they decided to reintroduce Gambit in the First Class movies, I'll still be content with it.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #184
def28
Side-Kick

I have a feeling this is the closest anyone will get to X4. Unless they switch it up and have DOFP be a changeable timeline. I was thinking they could do that, but now I dont think they will go back to the X 1,2,3 timline after this. Most people complain with how it left off. From the sound of the interview this flicks just gonna open more doors for X flicks. They can pretty much do anything they want with an Alt future, now they can bring back or introduce any X Character without restrictions. Including the ones that need time travel or Alt realities. Its gonna be awesome!

Last edited by def28; 08-02-2012 at 07:51 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #185
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

One reason why I think they will start with future sequenze Is for this to almost be seen as X4.A film that should be viewed If your doing a chronical viewing of x-Men films after
X2/The Last Stand.It's very possable they may go with the first trilogy(or just X-Men/X2 If you prefer) came out of the original version of event the time traveler Is trying to
avoid.Thus preventing the event gives them laitude for future films.They would need to handle It better than what It was done In Star Trek.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #186
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Strategos View Post
How would Gambit fit in though? I agree about Kitsch btw.
Now that we are dealing with DOFP Gambit can factor in in any way, he could fit right in no problem.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #187
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Now that we are dealing with DOFP Gambit can factor in in any way, he could fit right in no problem.
Yes, of course.

We know the dystopian future with Sentinels and internment camps is not in X1-X3 (or XMO:Wolverine, which connects to those films but not to First Class) and it cannot be years/decades beyond X3 or the actors/characters would have aged. Also, it seems unlikely to be way, way ahead in the future because there would have been many other possible trigger events since the one in the 60s. It has to be a time that's not too far ahead from the 60s.

It seems likely the dystopian future is a separate timeline that is ahead of the First Class events, in which different versions of Halle's Storm, Patrick's Xavier, Ian's Magneto and even Taylor's Gambit, exist.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #188
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yes, of course.

We know the dystopian future with Sentinels and internment camps is not in X1-X3 (or XMO:Wolverine, which connects to those films but not to First Class) and it cannot be years/decades beyond X3 or the actors/characters would have aged. Also, it seems unlikely to be way, way ahead in the future because there would have been many other possible trigger events since the one in the 60s. It has to be a time that's not too far ahead from the 60s.

It seems likely the dystopian future is a separate timeline that is ahead of the First Class events, in which different versions of Halle's Storm, Patrick's Xavier, Ian's Magneto and even Taylor's Gambit, exist.
I agree. That's the best scenario but it only means we won't get old man Logan fighting Sentinels

Great Mind(s) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #189
Angamb
Banned User

I find that interesting.

The dystopian future is another timeline, but the x-man who travels back in time dont know he/she went to another timeline than theirs, thats why at the end, nothing changed.

Great idea, hopefully something like this is what Matthew and Simon brings on the table.

if not, it will be really hard to explain how the x-men from the 2014 or so go to the 60's to change something that didnt affect the 90's or 00's, as seeing in previous trilogy

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #190
chaseter
Bland User

People still trying to connect XMO: Wolverine to the timeline? It's been tossed out. Gambit IMO is fair game.

They will likely bring back X1-3 players to sell tickets so I would bet the dystopian future isn't that far from X3's events. I wouldn't even be shocked if they did away with some of X3. Nobody wants to see Charles with a beard and hair in his twin's body.

What I hope happens is that we get an opening glance of the dystopian future but not a full on action sequence. They will not try to over power the rest of the movie with a grand opening sequence with Halle, Hugh, etc. The most I bet we get is a glance. I would rather the movie open with a terminator style entrance and we see the events through memories.

As for old characters. They will obviously have the entire FC crew back. I would also bet Wolverine has a much larger role. As for old characters...the most I would want to see are the minor characters like Rogue or Kitty. No Storm going back in time. No Magneto going back in time. No Wolverine going back and meeting himself.

As for new characters...I don't really want to see many new characters to crowd the story. Maybe one or two. I would really like to see Cyclops and Jean but I bet they are held for FC3. Havok needs to die before Cyke and Jean come in. As for a baddie...maybe Sinister!?

chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #191
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
if not, it will be really hard to explain how the x-men from the 2014 or so go to the 60's to change something that didnt affect the 90's or 00's, as seeing in previous trilogy
Yes, I've raised that too. It would have to be something really critical and crucial like killing the person who designed/invented the Sentinels. Who knows what they have in mind, but they will have to explain why the trigger event was so far back in time.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #192
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

..so how far in the future will this "future past' be ? 70s.. 80s.. 90s.. 00's.. 10's.. ?

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #193
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
..so how far in the future will this "future past' be ? 70s.. 80s.. 90s.. 00's.. 10's.. ?
We don't know. Yet.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #194
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

They need to figure out a way to fit Storm into the storyline.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #195
JP
Smelly

I'm sure Berry will be present in the future scenes.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #196
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Really? Apart from Jackman I get the impression that all past cast members from X 1, 2 and 3 are gone for good.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #197
JP
Smelly

Well, ok. Haha.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #198
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Really? Apart from Jackman I get the impression that all past cast members from X 1, 2 and 3 are gone for good.
Where did you get this impression?

Old 08-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #199
JP
Smelly

From his impressions.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #200
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

It seems so long ago, God knows X3 was a train wreck. I don't know, it all seems so...dusty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
From his impressions.

Oh hell no...I'm a she

Last edited by Hawkingbird; 08-21-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote