The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

View Poll Results: what do you think of the New Batman look
10-OMG. So awesome, can't wait! moment I was waiting for this since SV Started 5 20.00%
9 2 8.00%
8 3 12.00%
7 2 8.00%
6 0 0%
5-Let's wait and see before I decide if it's good or not 6 24.00%
4 0 0%
3 1 4.00%
2 0 0%
1-I hate it. should have done better.FAIL! 5 20.00%
0-words don't describe how much I don't care right now. 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #301
Johnny
Side-Kick

Default Re: BEWARE Spoilers: 11.2 - DETECTIVE - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Yep, they couldn't use the Waynes, so they decided to put the Queens in it. I didn't particularly enjoy that Lionel was the one responsible for their deaths. If we had Batman on the show in stead of Oliver, then that means Lionel would've sent Joe Chill to kill Bruce's parents. Which I would've enjoyed even less. But it's cool to finally have Bruce and his family have connection to prior elements in Smallville, not just being there simply because DC finally allowed it

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #302
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I was on deviantART and found this. I thought you guys might like it. "Dark Knight and Blur" by *DAlexisStPierre.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #303
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

Should have based Bruce on Jon Hamm.

DrMylesOBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #304
Johnny
Side-Kick

Nah. An original creation would've been best imo.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #305
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
I was on deviantART and found this. I thought you guys might like it. "Dark Knight and Blur" by *DAlexisStPierre.
If that outfit had a red shirt with a black "S", I would give it a pass. But this...eh.

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #306
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

not a bad piece of art.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #307
JackIvyGB
Side-Kick

Has there been any mention of Speedy or Conner since the comic started? I've only picked up the first 2 issues of Smallville... I was just thinking it would be cool to see the sidekicks start making connections of their own, maybe have a subplot that is mostly in offscreenville (off...page-ville?) of the fledgling Teen Titans forming... Speedy meets up with Nightwing, Conner starts hanging out with them, etc. I could totally see Conner confronting Babs and them having a little sidekick staredown on behalf of their respective elder counterparts, and them realizing that they're on the same side before Batman and Superman do. I'd enjoy that.

JackIvyGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #308
KalKai
n/a

KalKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #309
ironman29758
Side-Kick

does anyone have any new spoilers for the new smallville chapter?

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #310
Binker
Side-Kick

In our newest issue of Smallville Season 11...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Watchtower: Chloe talks to Emil until Oliver shows up. Oliver offers himself as a distraction for Chloe as they are still trying to understand and solve the mystery of Earth-2; death of Chloe-2 (which stills haunts Chloe), and who killed her. The alert at Strykers go off and Oliver heads out as Green Arrow.

Strykers: Superman and Batman are fighting and talking to each other. Batman easily evades Superman's attacks, as he activates a red sun device from his suit, as well as surprises, such as sticking bombs on Superman when he didn't know they were there. Supes knows Batman must be human, while Bats reveals he knows Superman is alien from the "S" (referencing the markings left by Zod's army from S9: Salvation; the Solar Tower also from S9; the caves that debut in S2; and the ruins of Checkmate HQ from S9). Batman hides from Superman and it seems to work, but after saying those references, Superman finds and plummets Batman from the rooftop and down three floors. Superman suggests that the fighting stops, but Batman reveals that the fight is a distraction...

Outside: Manheim is screaming to be put back into his cell, when Nightwing shows up to get him, but is stopped by Green Arrow. They fight too, saying the same words as the other, and ignoring the gender differences in the fight.

Back inside Strykers: Superman tells Batman that GA won't hurt NW, but Bats makes it clear that Manheim is who he's worried about. Suddenly, Supes realizes from his voice that Batman is Bruce Wayne. He cuts Batman's grapping hook line, and demands Bruce tell him why is he breaking Manheim out of jail: Batman yells that Manheim has info on who killed his parents. Superman knows he is telling the truth.

Outside: Superman stops the fight between GA and NW, and Manheim runs to him thinking he will save him. But Superman grabs him and flies off, telling the warden that he needs to borrow Manheim for a moment.

To Be Continued

Last edited by Binker; 09-14-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #311
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

If this is what happens when Bruce is trying to "distract" Clark, I'd hate to see what happens when he actually tries to defeat him.

I mentioned somewhere else: 1) really weird looking costume and 2) light-up chest and hands tells me 3) this Batman was made for a toy line

Last edited by dru-zod2501; 09-14-2012 at 04:00 PM.
dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #312
kloker
Side-Kick

At least the fight was credible! Batman fights Superman but when Superman thinks it's enough, he just beats Bat' within seconds. We don't get the traditional "Batman wins using Kryptonite" and that's why it's cool. Batman is a great fighter, but he is no match for the Man of Steel.

kloker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #313
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Reading the spoilers, this is how the fight between Superman and Batman should be. Not one-sided like in the past.

PS - Superman and Batman are like Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons of KISS.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #314
BritishChap007
Side-Kick

The art was incredible in this issue. Nailed Welling in every panel.

BritishChap007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #315
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalKai View Post

This art is great, the artist nailed Welling perfectly.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #316
smallville fan
Hero

I really like the way this is all connecting back to the show. My favourite part was when Batman deduces Superman was just like the Kryptonians back in season 9 along with the other references . The red solar suit was a nice touch too.

Finally Ollie comes in. Hopefully we see some Ollie/Bruce and Chloe/Bruce interaction next issue. Maybe we might even see a flashback from when Chloe met Bruce back in season 10 as mentioned in Fortune, and hopefully Wonder Woman too?

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #317
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru-zod2501 View Post
If this is what happens when Bruce is trying to "distract" Clark, I'd hate to see what happens when he actually tries to defeat him.

I mentioned somewhere else: 1) really weird looking costume and 2) light-up chest and hands tells me 3) this Batman was made for a toy line
I actually grown to like the Smallville Batman costume especially since BQM explained the choices and seeing it in color(blue/grey make up on his face to camouflage similar to the Navy, grey/black/blue armor similar to Chris Nolan Batman armor only Smallville -used so to speak because he needs all the weapons he can get, red glow for red sunlight to subdue Superman, etc). It all makes senses and kind of looks cool especially the way Cat Staggs draw him.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
Old 09-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #318
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
This art is great, the artist nailed Welling perfectly.
I like the art. Jamal should stay as a main artist or have Cat Stacks do a story arc. That would be awesome to see her do arc with the whole cast.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #319
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman29758 View Post
I like the art. Jamal should stay as a main artist or have Cat Stacks do a story arc. That would be awesome to see her do arc with the whole cast.
That would be amazing I'm sure, but given the dramatic differences between her style and the interiors, I'd rather see her saved for when it's absolutely necessary, like a flashback sequence, or an AU episode, then it would make absolute sense

dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #320
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I gotta admit this was a great Superman & Batman fight it showcased both heroes as a force to be reckoned with each other. Futhermore I'm just love seeing Bryan incorporate storyarcs and plot points from the tv series. Bats using the data he collected from Checkmate to piece together that Superman is Kryptonian is pure Genius.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #321
Johnny
Side-Kick

Yeah, that and the Zod symbol, the blueprints of the solar tower, the Kawatche caves, it was fantastic that BQM used those as an explanation for Bats knowing about Superman being extraterrestrial. Brilliant issue. Fight was great, dialogue was fantastic and art was superb. Liked it much better than the last 3 issues. Love the comic.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #322
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Yeah, that and the Zod symbol, the blueprints of the solar tower, the Kawatche caves, it was fantastic that BQM used those as an explanation for Bats knowing about Superman being extraterrestrial. Brilliant issue. Fight was great, dialogue was fantastic and art was superb. Liked it much better than the last 3 issues. Love the comic.
Word can you just imagine if this was done in live action.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #323
Johnny
Side-Kick

Yeah, it would've been off the hook. Also, the panel where they show the Kawatche cave flashback with Clark and Kyla is the exact same from the episode promo pics.

PS: I still can't find the panel from the comic online. If someone posts it, you'll see it's the exact same image drawn in the comic. I totally geeked out when I saw it, Skinwalker was a severely underrated episode in my opinion, not to mention I loved Kyla.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #324
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Here is the original unused cover art by Cat

and another variation with Nightwing

and finally the official released cover

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 09-15-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #325
Binker
Side-Kick

For anyone who got the fifth issue of Season 11: the back, like the other issues, had a little extra, this time focusing a bit on the Batsuit. One aspect I kinda dug in the original ideas was the idea of giving the ears on the cowl an actual bat ear look. I think that would've made it more on its own and badass.