The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 06-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #26
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: The Avengers... Director's Cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
I thought most of the footage was about Steve Rogers and that they might be saving some of that material for his sequel.

There's more to it than just scenes with Steve as a man out of time. The list of deleted scenes on the DVD/Blu-Ray include an extended battle sequence in New York, some material with Hill that was meant to be at the beginning and end of the film, a longer version of Banner's conversation with the security guard after Hulk fell from the Helicarrier, and more that I've forgotten. We would get to see some great scenes if this came to pass.

xeno000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #27
Liam_H
Side-Kick

If I remember correctly weren't those Maria Hill scenes alternate opening/closing scenes? Also I would like the Banner and security guard scene the most since it would fill in the gap of him arriving in New York.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #28
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

It's not pathetic at all. Star Wars movies have been re-released multiple times. Titanic just got re-released in 3D. Disney has been re-releasing 3D versions of their animated movies. It's called business.

Also, we know some of that deleted footage is of Maria Hill being interrogated and talking about the movie via flashback which I would not have liked.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:17 AM   #29
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Oh, just shut the f*** up and take my damn money!!

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:17 AM   #30
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

I would rather have the option to watch the Director's/Extended cut on the Blu-Ray itself when it is released in September but knowing Marvel they will force a double-dip on this movie & people will have to buy it twice.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:25 AM   #31
Optimus27932
Side-Kick

I would go see a Directors Cut.More footage sounds good to me.

Optimus27932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:51 AM   #32
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Although I doubt that there will be an extended cut I'm sure I would watch it again. Only to watch the movie again in the theater after a longer period. It's not pathetic at all. Some movies I rather watch in the cinema more than at every home screen. TA is one of these.

Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:17 AM   #33
ironmaidenrules
Side-Kick

no arguments here. i needed a reason to see this movie 4 times(seeing it for the third time after TDKR)...hey money is tight....

ironmaidenrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:49 AM   #34
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Oh yes. I don't rather count what I paid for the movie so far. lol.

Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:00 AM   #35
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

If they did release an extended cut I would go and see it, but its still a bit of a sly move in my eyes by Disney/Marvel. They are just milking more from the fans that gave them this success in the first place.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #36
Aztec
Side-Kick

I needed an excuse to see this movie a few more times!

Who wouldn't want to see this #1 all time? It deserves it because it's actually a good movie unlike Cameron's 2 POS...especially god awful Avatar! Besides we the fans get a treat of potentially 35 more minutes of film.

Oh and you do know that the only reason Titantic and Derivatar are 1 & 2 is because they too were rereleased right?

So in short: Shut up and take my money!!!

Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #37
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Yeah, i agree that a DC would open up all kinda pacing issues. The pacing was pretty spot on, and adding more scenes would cause more problems. I will say that it was a tad odd constantly showing us the waitresses' reactions to Cap and the finaln battle, seeing as how in the film we didn't get to see that they actually knew each other beforehand. Adding his convo's with the waitress would be intereting, but would throw everything else out of whack.

The SM2 extended Doc Ock fights were great, but the shorter final cut we saw in the movie flowed way better. A prime example of less being more.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #38
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is such a pathetic move on Disney/Marvel's part if true. Like really?

One, it's an obvious ploy just to turn more bucks.
Well, yeah, it's a movie studio. They make movies to make money.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #39
optimus2861
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Yeah, i agree that a DC would open up all kinda pacing issues. The pacing was pretty spot on, and adding more scenes would cause more problems. I will say that it was a tad odd constantly showing us the waitresses' reactions to Cap and the final battle, seeing as how in the film we didn't get to see that they actually knew each other beforehand. Adding his convo's with the waitress would be interesting, but would throw everything else out of whack.
Huh. See, I don't think that putting that back in would add anything to the film. As it's constructed, the focus is on the waitress a couple of times to give some weight to her "Captain America saved my life" newsclip at the end. It's not just a "random civilian quote" that way - we actually got to see Cap save her life. Good filmmaking. If they knew each other beforehand it might just feel contrived - "Oh of course it's the same waitress he talked to earlier in the film. Good grief."

Agreed about the pacing as well. I think the version we have is spot-on excellent. Keep the deleted scenes for a Blu-ray feature.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #40
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I don't see how this is considered a director's cut when Whedon's cut of the film is the one released.

Of course I'd see this though.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #41
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
knowing Marvel they will force a double-dip on this movie & people will have to buy it twice.
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
If they did release an extended cut I would go and see it, but its still a bit of a sly move in my eyes by Disney/Marvel. They are just milking more from the fans that gave them this success in the first place.
OK, if that's your idea of what milking is, then tell me how the extended cut could get a theater run some other way.

TomPiltoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #42
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I hated the idea of the Maria Hill opening and endings, so I'm glad they changed them.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #43
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

This is obviously a cheap cash-grab by Marvsney.

And yes, I will also pay to see this as well should it happen. The Kool-aid has been drunk.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #44
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
Huh. See, I don't think that putting that back in would add anything to the film. As it's constructed, the focus is on the waitress a couple of times to give some weight to her "Captain America saved my life" newsclip at the end. It's not just a "random civilian quote" that way - we actually got to see Cap save her life. Good filmmaking. If they knew each other beforehand it might just feel contrived - "Oh of course it's the same waitress he talked to earlier in the film. Good grief."

Agreed about the pacing as well. I think the version we have is spot-on excellent. Keep the deleted scenes for a Blu-ray feature.
I was just pointing out that there are deleted scenes where Steve and her talk when he's in the cafe that didn't make it into the movie.

The looks she gives him during the battle are off, as they are clearly the look you give someone you actually know . The part where his mask is ripped off fits better in that context, as up until that point she looks as though she's not sure, then when she seems him without it, it's like "Oh, that IS him!". I think that was the whole reason why the mask came off originally. It doesn't take away anything from the film, and the GE probably won't think anything of it either way, but knowing what i know about the context, we could have done without them constantly showing her "hey i know him" looks throughout the battle.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #45
optimus2861
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
The part where his mask is ripped off fits better in that context, as up until that point she looks as though she's not sure, then when she seems him without it, it's like "Oh, that IS him!".
Ah, that was the point behind that! Wonder why they didn't just cut out that mask-off bit then? Perhaps they didn't have an alternate take of that particular fight scene available. I remember thinking, 'This isn't Spider-Man, we can see his face, no need to contrive a mask-off scene for the actor here..'

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #46
Gamingboy
Side-Kick

I'd probably go, depending on what I hear about it.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #47
THUNDERSTRIKE
YOU THINK THIS IS EASY?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
even so, it's not like we're wasting our money, is it?...

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #48
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

It's not underhanded at all. Underhanded is when George Lucas releases the trilogy, and then again 6 months later with some deleted scenes.

You paid money to see the movie and you got to see the movie. It's not as if it was cut or edited in a way that made it not a complete movie. Everybody saw it and loved it. Now that they know there's an audience, they figure some of us will pay to see more. We will.

Nobody got cheated.

TomPiltoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #49
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #50
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I'll be there opening day for the DC if they release it in theaters.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote