The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #151
THUNDERSTRIKE
UNREGISTERED EX-OFFENDER
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ah goes and beez... where the **** ah please...
Posts: 3,657
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
I would have no problem if the black costume came back forever.

it'll always be option #2, but NEVER forever...

__________________

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall
collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnnc Dee'Ya, unstable B***h-Queen, and
Ell'Yaah, her asskisser and Sleez, her ancient and savage OverSeer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the truth than the unsuspecting few that gather within the walls of her cursed medieval stronghold.
TYA'LYZ

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #152
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 15,916
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

I know it's not realistic, I'm just saying that personally I'd be all for it.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #153
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,671
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

It's going to turn out Doc Ock is somehow responsible for Spider-Man's origin. That's my theory in a nutshell. Probably by giving him powers. Maybe using him as a test subject for himself. Maybe he even arranges Uncle Ben's death, or perhaps that's the event that Doc Ock didn't plan for.

Or here's a real groan inducer. Maybe Doc Ock is his real father.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #154
THUNDERSTRIKE
UNREGISTERED EX-OFFENDER
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ah goes and beez... where the **** ah please...
Posts: 3,657
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
It's going to turn out Doc Ock is somehow responsible for Spider-Man's origin. That's my theory in a nutshell. Probably by giving him powers. Maybe using him as a test subject for himself. Maybe he even arranges Uncle Ben's death, or perhaps that's the event that Doc Ock didn't plan for.

Or here's a real groan inducer. Maybe Doc Ock is his real father.

sounds like Chapter One Version 2...

__________________

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall
collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnnc Dee'Ya, unstable B***h-Queen, and
Ell'Yaah, her asskisser and Sleez, her ancient and savage OverSeer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the truth than the unsuspecting few that gather within the walls of her cursed medieval stronghold.
TYA'LYZ

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #155
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man
 
Wadaltmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 908
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Iit's possible they will to try something like Chapter 1, saying something like it was all a scheme from the beginning. That would allow for a fresh start in Marvel NOW and for the new generation of readers.

Wadaltmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #156
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 36,926
Thumbs down Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
It's going to turn out Doc Ock is somehow responsible for Spider-Man's origin. That's my theory in a nutshell. Probably by giving him powers. Maybe using him as a test subject for himself. Maybe he even arranges Uncle Ben's death, or perhaps that's the event that Doc Ock didn't plan for.

Or here's a real groan inducer. Maybe Doc Ock is his real father.
Please god no!

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #157
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight
 
Donald Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Big Island of Hawaii
Posts: 4,315
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
I know it's not realistic, I'm just saying that personally I'd be all for it.
Aloha,
You know I would.
Spidey rules

Donald Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:22 AM   #158
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight
 
Donald Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Big Island of Hawaii
Posts: 4,315
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
OMG... OMG... OMG...

Unused Ditko Spider-Man art from AF#15 to be used as a variant for ASM #700...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marv...interview.html

Wow...

Aloha,
These will be variants that everyone will want. Let's see what type of print run they get.Marvel has purposely reduced print runs on their comics.The lower the run the greater the potential value of the comic.Who cares. It's #700 with Ditko original art. You can't ask for anything better. I strongly suggest that folks start talking to their comic book store about getting a deal on these variants. I wouldn't think about eBay- they are going to go with WHATEVER THE MARKET WILL BEAR!
A good part of the fun for me in being a comic book collector is finding the lowest price for a valuable comic.
Spidey rules

Donald Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #159
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight
 
Donald Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Big Island of Hawaii
Posts: 4,315
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Aloha,
So did anyone read #696? Things are heating up. I like the idea that Peter is looked upon as Spidey's Tech support.Two Hobgoblins in one story. You just know these guys are going to eventually kill each other or die trying.
Spidey rules

Donald Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #160
shinlyle
King of the Haters
 
shinlyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: On top of the world.
Posts: 11,762
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post
Aloha,
These will be variants that everyone will want. Let's see what type of print run they get.Marvel has purposely reduced print runs on their comics.The lower the run the greater the potential value of the comic.Who cares. It's #700 with Ditko original art. You can't ask for anything better. I strongly suggest that folks start talking to their comic book store about getting a deal on these variants. I wouldn't think about eBay- they are going to go with WHATEVER THE MARKET WILL BEAR!
A good part of the fun for me in being a comic book collector is finding the lowest price for a valuable comic.
Spidey rules
Or, if you want to guarantee you get the variant, go to www.midtowncomics.com. They usually have the specific variants up for preorder two weeks before the issue releases. It's how I got my Gwen and Venom variants for #692.

__________________
Check out my comics!
www.highburn.com

Check out my art!
http://shinlyle.deviantart.com/
shinlyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #161
Thwip!
Side-Kick
 
Thwip!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinlyle View Post
Or, if you want to guarantee you get the variant, go to www.midtowncomics.com. They usually have the specific variants up for preorder two weeks before the issue releases. It's how I got my Gwen and Venom variants for #692.
Do they deliver internationally?

__________________
My Deviantart
Thwip! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #162
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man
 
Wadaltmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 908
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post
Aloha,
So did anyone read #696? Things are heating up. I like the idea that Peter is looked upon as Spidey's Tech support.Two Hobgoblins in one story. You just know these guys are going to eventually kill each other or die trying.
Spidey rules
I only just got 696 in the mail. Pretty nice stuff. Although, I still think that at some point, we're gonna see death of Roderick Kingsley.

Wadaltmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #163
Mace Dolex
Powerful User
 
Mace Dolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,927
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by spida-man View Post
wait..spidey is getting a costume change? again?
Another costume change just means more action figure variants and more $$$$.

__________________
There are farts that smell bad and then there are farts that smell really bad, if you have one of those real bad smelly ones then that's the first signs of diarrhea.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #164
THUNDERSTRIKE
UNREGISTERED EX-OFFENDER
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ah goes and beez... where the **** ah please...
Posts: 3,657
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700



beautiful...

__________________

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall
collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnnc Dee'Ya, unstable B***h-Queen, and
Ell'Yaah, her asskisser and Sleez, her ancient and savage OverSeer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the truth than the unsuspecting few that gather within the walls of her cursed medieval stronghold.
TYA'LYZ

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #165
Thwip!
Side-Kick
 
Thwip!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700



Quesada variant

__________________
My Deviantart
Thwip! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #166
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.
 
CConn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Peter North's Southern Headquarters
Posts: 57,587
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

I'm never a big fan of those weird perspective shots.

__________________
It's like a non-consecutive 24-hour dance party.
CConn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #167
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man
 
Wadaltmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 908
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


beautiful...
I remember that image, it's in the back of the Essential Spider-Man Volume 1. Not the Superior part of course, though. I like how all that applies now... Epic and surprise filled, and the "New Amazing"... back then, it was because they were cancelling Amazing Fantasy, but now it's Amazing Spider-Man that they're cancelling.

Wadaltmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #168
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...
 
Themanofbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: With your Mom in Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 39,342
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post


beautiful...
I'm very excited to possibly owning this...

__________________
Alea Jacta Est

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #169
socool
True
 
socool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,939
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Reading #698 again, imagining Otto in Spidey's body makes so much more sense. The issue is written so incredibly well that all the small changes Slott makes don't even go noticed until you finish the issue. It's really rather brilliant.

__________________
"A Man Remembers His Debts"
socool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #170
THUNDERSTRIKE
UNREGISTERED EX-OFFENDER
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ah goes and beez... where the **** ah please...
Posts: 3,657
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
I'm very excited to possibly owning this...

what makes it even sweeter is that it took fifty years for Steve Ditko's rejected cover to the final issue of Amazing Fantasy to FINALLY make it to publication...

and even weirder that it's to be the cover to the "final" issue of Amazing Spider-Man...

yeah right, like THAT'S gonna be a permanent thing... my ass...

as much as I like Kirby, THIS is the cover that SHOULD have been on Amazing Fantasy #15... Ditko's interpretation and look of Spidey was more suitable than Kirby's cover, IMHO...

I've always felt that despite all the magnificent, powerful, grand and epic-looking characters that Kirby drew, he just could never master drawing Spider-Man, who has the look of the everyman, down-to-earth superhero...

really looking forward to this cover, as well...

__________________

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall
collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnnc Dee'Ya, unstable B***h-Queen, and
Ell'Yaah, her asskisser and Sleez, her ancient and savage OverSeer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the truth than the unsuspecting few that gather within the walls of her cursed medieval stronghold.
TYA'LYZ

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #171
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man
 
Wadaltmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 908
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
what makes it even sweeter is that it took fifty years for Steve Ditko's rejected cover to the final issue of Amazing Fantasy to FINALLY make it to publication...

and even weirder that it's to be the cover to the "final" issue of Amazing Spider-Man...

yeah right, like THAT'S gonna be a permanent thing... my ass...

as much as I like Kirby, THIS is the cover that SHOULD have been on Amazing Fantasy #15... Ditko's interpretation and look of Spidey was more suitable than Kirby's cover, IMHO...

I've always felt that despite all the magnificent, powerful, grand and epic-looking characters that Kirby drew, he just could never master drawing Spider-Man, who has the look of the everyman, down-to-earth superhero...

really looking forward to this cover, as well...
I didn't like the eyes on Kirby's cover. It looked nothing like they did in the comic itself.

Wadaltmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #172
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,959
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post


beautiful...
How can I get this variant?

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 AM   #173
Thwip!
Side-Kick
 
Thwip!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
How can I get this variant?
Contact your local comic store and say you want it asap because htey have order in an absolute crapload of #700 in order to get that variant

__________________
My Deviantart
Thwip! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #174
THUNDERSTRIKE
UNREGISTERED EX-OFFENDER
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ah goes and beez... where the **** ah please...
Posts: 3,657
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
How can I get this variant?

do you have a genie lamp laying around somewhere?...

seriously, it IS possible, but it's got a ratio of 1:200

so if your store gets around 200 books, MAYBE there'll be just ONE copy in the bunch... MAYBE...

I'm after it myself and several stores have already told me it's ALMOST gonna be an impossibility to score it...

so I'm betting we'll be paying some high prices thru our comic shops or online somewhere...

and if you're buying thru ebay, then you'll more than likely REALLY be fooked with some of the outrageous prices that I'm SURE some of those dick-head sellers will be selling it for...

so good luck to you and me, huh?

__________________

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall
collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnnc Dee'Ya, unstable B***h-Queen, and
Ell'Yaah, her asskisser and Sleez, her ancient and savage OverSeer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the truth than the unsuspecting few that gather within the walls of her cursed medieval stronghold.
TYA'LYZ

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #175
Thwip!
Side-Kick
 
Thwip!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: The Build to ASM #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
do you have a genie lamp laying around somewhere?...

seriously, it IS possible, but it's got a ratio of 1:200

so if your store gets around 200 books, MAYBE there'll be just ONE copy in the bunch... MAYBE...

I'm after it myself and several stores have already told me it's ALMOST gonna be an impossibility to score it...

so I'm betting we'll be paying some high prices thru our comic shops or online somewhere...

and if you're buying thru ebay, then you'll more than likely REALLY be fooked with some of the outrageous prices that I'm SURE some of those dick-head sellers will be selling it for...

so good luck to you and me, huh?
i got quoted a good couple of hundred for it :/

__________________
My Deviantart
Thwip! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.