The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: Civil War

View Poll Results: Who is Right in Civil War
Cap 7 58.33%
Shellhead 4 33.33%
None 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2016, 12:27 AM   #1
acedrake
Side-Kick

Default Who do you think is right and why? And what is Thunderbolt's agenda?

There are quite literary hundreds of opinions about who is right and why. I just re watched Winter Soldier and I could swear that we already have our answer for civil war in WS. Cap says a few times about how he is disillusioned about the government and people in power always having an agenda. And with the avengers's power whoever controls them will use them for his or their needs. It happened before with HYDRA and chances are there are HYDRA everywhere in capitol hill and other agencies. AND, what's with Thunderbolt? Last time we saw him he was trying to make his own super soldiers and all of the sudden he is trusted again? And now it seems he might have Cap himself tucked away in the Raft to create his own super soldiers. So please tell me what you think.

acedrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:55 AM   #2
Rowsdower!
Back in Black

Default Re: Who do you think is right and why? And what is Thunderbolt's agenda?

I don't know but I'm still surprised that they brought William Hurt back for this. I thought Marvel wanted to quietly distance themselves from the TIH movie, given their bad break up with Ed Norton and the film's lukewarm reception. I honestly didn't think Hurt was all that good in the role either, though maybe he'll be better here.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:19 AM   #3
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Default Re: Who do you think is right and why? And what is Thunderbolt's agenda?

Team Cap, all the way.

The phrase 'who watches and watchmen' comes to mind. When the people leading the charge for regulation are the ones who lack integrity and are prone to avoiding consequences for their own action, it is going to be exploited.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:07 AM   #4
ripse
Spider-Man_Blue

Cap, ofcourse what else again this is cap movie

Unless if this movie with title Ironman Civil War, then you can choose stark

Btw this cap 3 is continued from all tragedy in mcu movie like we see in trailer 2, how many people have died in new york, washington, & sokovia as a result of vigilante action and goverment need fix this, so it does not happen again and cap as a leader must be responsible about all this. I think cap try doing right thing to protect the team and people without goverment interference with full politics and corrupt

SPIDERMAN : BLUE - HULK : GRAY - CAPTAIN AMERICA : WHITE

Last edited by ripse; 03-12-2016 at 07:17 AM.
ripse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:30 AM   #5
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

Im sure Bruce would be in The Raft if he was still around.

TheVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:34 AM   #6
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

He is a SJW infringing on Cap's rights.

Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:38 AM   #7
Pink Ranger
No sir, all thirteen!

I didn't really make the connection in my mind until you decided to use Ross's nickname in the thread title. It reminded me of a less-than-noble team of metahumans with a similar name. Ones that could serve as a more realistic proxy for the Masters Of Evil ...

Last edited by Pink Ranger; 03-12-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:19 AM   #8
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Ross presentation is pretty deceptive and except in the AOU case actually works against his case if thought about for a second. Maybe just Tony and the Govt itself need some oversight or real transparency. It comes across as an attempt to manipulate emotions while ignoring facts mainly.

1st one Aliens did the damage. The Avengers actions to save people honestly seem to be the gold standard on these boards. Also wasn't the world council going to nuke NY. I'm surprised this wasn't in the shield public download from Winter Soldier

2nd Blowing up the Hellicarriers that a massive Govt organization conspiracy was going to use to kill millions and try to conquer the world - definitely score for the Superheroes

3rd literally the only one with a point. However it was all Tony.Everyone else would have stopped except Banner who was taken in by his rhetoric. Tony would just fine a way to dodge Govt supervision when he gets the next bee in his bonnet. The only superhero problem I see is frankly Tony himself.

Cap all the way. Also I bet Ross has a very shady agenda

Old 03-12-2016, 08:50 AM   #9
MbJ
Side-Kick

I'd rather not have Ross have a shady agenda. Aside from being too obvious, it undercuts the stuff the Russos have said about wanting to make it ambiguous who is right or who is wrong.

If it turns out that the side backing the Accords are led by a sinister mustache twirling villain, it instantly makes Cap correct.

MbJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:56 AM   #10
Protar
Side-Kick

Well if this where happening in real life there's no way that we'd let people with the power and technology of the Avengers run around without oversight. That should be a no-brainer. So I guess the conflict is - given the recent reveal of HYDRA corrupting SHIELD, should the government be the ones trusted with that oversight? Still ultimately on Iron Man's side unless he goes full on dictator.

Protar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:29 PM   #11
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
I'd rather not have Ross have a shady agenda. Aside from being too obvious, it undercuts the stuff the Russos have said about wanting to make it ambiguous who is right or who is wrong.

If it turns out that the side backing the Accords are led by a sinister mustache twirling villain, it instantly makes Cap correct.
Ross' history already makes him suspect and hypocritical as hell.

The Accords though seem to be a UN or at least multi-nation initiative so it's not just Ross, even as Secretary Of State, pushing for the Accords.

TalismanRing is online now   Reply With Quote