Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #376
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Default Re: RoboCop Reboot - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
It's sort of ridiculous how spectacular this cast is. MGM/Sony is going all out.

Not only that but I think this also means the script is pretty damn good. I think Padilha's vision for this is probably something else that's quite attractive for all these great actors to commit themselves to this movie.

This is by far my most anticipated movie for 2013 along with Elysium and MOS.
Agreed for me 2013 is:

1. Elysium
2. Man of Steel
3. Robocop
4. The Hobbit Part 2

*honestly I don't know a lot of others coming out lol*

But ya this is shaping up to be good.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #377
Dyson
Side-Kick

Yes, it's a great cast, but I would like to know if Laurie's character gets a right hand man to do his dirty work. I do hope this reboot gets a Boddicker type character.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #378
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Another solid addition to cast. And see I said this a few days ago we have a month to shooting and still casting. So there could still be chance for that character folks want to be in the film. And interesting move having murphy have male partner this time as rumors where going for awhile.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #379
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider

Wasn't Padilha attached to The Crow at one point? God, I hope he gets back on that after this. The freaking cast he could assemble.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #380
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I haven't seen some of these actors work, but the ones I have seen, there seems to be consistency in quality actors here.

Hopefully this film isn't wasted on them.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #381
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Michael Kenneth Williams is absolutely fantastic, I've only seen him in Boardwalk Empire and he is phenomenal in it. I wish i've seen him in The Wire though.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #382
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

Ahh two shows I've never watched that I wish I had.

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Old 08-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #383
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Michael Kenneth Williams is absolutely fantastic, I've only seen him in Boardwalk Empire and he is phenomenal in it. I wish i've seen him in The Wire though.
He played Omar in The Wire, and he was one of my favorite characters. And yes, I loved him in Boardwalk too. He's a solid actor.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #384
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

So since he is likely the lewis character would ylu guys like his last name be lewis still orr just a totally new name?

Old 08-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #385
Crockett
With Teeth

Kenneth Williams, that's dope. His superb work in The Wire & BE speaks for itself, Padilha's assembling one hell of a cast.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #386
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
So since he is likely the lewis character would ylu guys like his last name be lewis still orr just a totally new name?
I read 'Jack Lewis' before. Or was that the original Lewis? Changing to Anne because of Nancy Allen?

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 08-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #387
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Hmm I don't know I wouldn't. Mind jack lewis. And boy I was thinking since it says he is aa family friend to the murphy's I could see but kinda hope it doesn't happen he falls for alex wife after he dies.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #388
dark_b
Side-Kick

will there be any female character ?

Old 08-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #389
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider

Will Murphy's transformation into RoboCop even come from a violent attack? Or will it be a freak accident or something now?

Old 08-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #390
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
will there be any female character ?
Yes. Abbie Cornish is playing Murphy's wife in I presume to be a more fleshed out role than the original.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #391
Dyson
Side-Kick

I hope Murphy isn’t killed by some accident or something along those lines. In the original film, when Murphy is horribly killed by Boddicker and his goons, we – the audience – really feel for him. We want to see Murphy be resurrected as RoboCop and then go after the ones not just took his life but also took him away from what he loves most – his wife and child.

I think it’s critical to have Murphy be killed in a violent way by a Boddicker type character in this remake. Plus, we know that Ellen Murphy will have a bigger role so to me it would make sense to have Murphy gunned down by madmen instead of dying in some accident. We’ll see her pain and struggle over the horrible death of her husband.

I can picture a possible ending with Laurie’s character sending his right-hand man to take Ellen Murphy and her son hostage or even to be killed and RoboCop, after discovering he is really Alex Murphy, must intervene.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #392
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

I hope Murphy gets blown up in cracker factory explosion.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #393
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Omar joined this? Epic!

Old 08-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #394
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson View Post
I hope Murphy isn’t killed by some accident or something along those lines. In the original film, when Murphy is horribly killed by Boddicker and his goons, we – the audience – really feel for him. We want to see Murphy be resurrected as RoboCop and then go after the ones not just took his life but also took him away from what he loves most – his wife and child.

I think it’s critical to have Murphy be killed in a violent way by a Boddicker type character in this remake. Plus, we know that Ellen Murphy will have a bigger role so to me it would make sense to have Murphy gunned down by madmen instead of dying in some accident. We’ll see her pain and struggle over the horrible death of her husband.

I can picture a possible ending with Laurie’s character sending his right-hand man to take Ellen Murphy and her son hostage or even to be killed and RoboCop, after discovering he is really Alex Murphy, must intervene.
Completely Agree!!

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Old 08-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #395
Dyson
Side-Kick

From the looks of it, this remake of RoboCop will not be as disastrous as the Total Recall remake. I give the filmmakers credit thus far for casting not only great actors, but for creating a few new characters and not re-hashing every previous character, like what Total Recall had. I actually think turning Lewis into a male role can work and work quite well, depending on how the script was written. That being said, yes, I do think a Boddicker type villain is needed in this film. The original RoboCop and even its lame-duck sequel had a few villains (RoboCop - Jones & Boddicker / RoboCop 2 – The Old Man, Cain and.... sigh... that little punk Hob), so hopefully Hugh Laurie’s character isn’t the only villain.

At the end of the day, I just hope this remake has a good, creative script with excellent characters and strong direction from Padilha. I also hope the filmmakers haven’t forgotten what actually made the original film so unique and good; the soul of RoboCop, so to speak. I don’t want another Total Recall mess here....

Last edited by Dyson; 08-07-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #396
DrDoom
Dictator

small print.....cant....read....

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 08-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #397
Dave McFly
Has 12% of a plan

Thumbs up Re: RoboCop Reboot - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
small print.....cant....read....
Ctrl and +

XBOXLIVE!: davemcfly85
PSN ID: davemcfly85
Old 08-08-2012, 12:15 AM   #398
DrDoom
Dictator

Sorry, not gonna make everything on the page huge just to read his post lol

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 08-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #399
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Alex death would really count still on film's rating. If its r which it could be with joe background we could get something as gorey as original.

But if its pg 13 rating which is possible move to get more folks to see film betterr chance at higher box office haul/run. Probably be toned down a bit. I said it before I wouldn't mind if alex/partner are at a warehouse shootout. They exit there car and in a shootout. Bullets flying everywhere and here alex could get hit a few times in chest area and then a kill shot to head. And with bullets flying everywhere either some hit there car and blows partner away with just some scrapes but alex was there and got full blast, or same thing but with oil bins and same blows up and alex body gets engulfed and he is dead for shots but his body gets burned up too. I would be fine with that.

Last edited by Webhead2006; 08-10-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #400
Travesty
TEOL

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I just saw it for the first time. Some fan art for an updated costume. I like how its new, but still represents the original design.