Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #301
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
I still like Jablonsky's work on Transformers.
Very true, his work has been amazing.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #302
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
I still like Jablonsky's work on Transformers.
Me 2. Some really great themes, much in the epic scale and intensity of Zimmer. He would definitely have been up to the task of scoring MOS.

I also like some of his less known work, like for Sims 3. Love that playful atmosphere.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #303
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARKY View Post
They call it reboot anyway. I call it reboot, and some others do it too, certainly. It is just a different kind of "reboot". "Old" argument does not mean bad argument. I think what they do with James bond is precisely a reboot. they keep the identity of the character while changing a lot around him. Sometimes too much, would I say, but this is personnal. In the end, a "reboot" is just a name marketed to interest people who always needs new flavours, and so the word or the definition of it depends of the guys making the film. In this case, Superman has nothing to do with Donner's, so I highly doubt Zimmer's music comes close to the Superman Marche.
The point is far from Zimmer's score being close or far to Williams's. It's that this is a different franchise and take on the character and Williams' theme was not made for it.

A different score is far from changing/nott keeping the character's identity.

Quote:
And that's too bad, IMO.
Oh, and you forgot that Superboy serie was inspired of it, oh, and Smallville too, very close, they even used some "Krypton music" parts, and The S:TAS was similar too, maybe they notice how canon the what-you-define-as "William's music" was.
Ok, so crystal-looking Krypton is canon too. Superboy was definitely attached to the Donner franchise as Alexander Salkind was behind it. And well, I wouldn't use Superboy and/or Smallville as anything a Superman movie should follow.

Quote:
I think, what happens here is what we got with Batman begins. There is NO batman theme anymore, just different ones. Most people will deal with it.
In the end there is no debate at all : Zimmer could not care less for Superman but will score anyway, he stated a long time ago that his goals was NOT to do what people want or expect but surprise them with something different. So here is the situation. New score, no rewriting, new Superman identity, new concept. Who cares about what is lost behind?
Zimmer said no one could score Superman anymore.

Now he's doing it.

An idiot, hypocrite or just an arrogant prick, now he's doing it. But that's not the issue here.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #304
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Me 2. Some really great themes, much in the epic scale and intensity of Zimmer. He would definitely have been up to the task of scoring MOS.

I also like some of his less known work, like for Sims 3. Love that playful atmosphere.
Honestly, I was surprised it was as good as it was...it really created a sense of 'legend', if you will, and most importantly it had melodies that you could easily recall. The orchestration/feel of it was relatively traditional with some modern elements and all, but that sense of weight and melody I think would work great for a heroic story like Superman.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 06-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #305
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Zimmer said no one could score Superman anymore.

Now he's doing it.

An idiot, hypocrite or just an arrogant prick, now he's doing it. But that's not the issue here.
I think that in the case of that interview, he was expressing his appreciation and love for the iconic and benchmark status of Williams' Superman score. And he was right...anyone trying to follow that would be walking into a buzzsaw of pre-determinism and scrutiny. Along the way...someone, maybe Nolan, Snyder, or both...must have reached out to him and emphasized how different their movie was going to be...and that they wanted his musical voice on the piece, and only his. And they apparently changed his mind.

He probably feels the same way he did before that it's a huge challenge, and...just as much out of creative respect as for artistic originality...that stepping into that 'role' that was so timelessly occupied before is daunting. But the possibility of working on any good Superman movie for anyone is certainly attractive in and of itself, and he could have still said no if he hadn't gotten a clearer sense of taking it under his own creative wing than he did before while the project was comparatively still in its infancy.

So I think it's a bit extreme to call him a 'hypocrite' for signing on now, since he probably had more to judge by than he did before.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 06-26-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #306
Project862006
Banned User

his transformers theme is so epic
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #307
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think that in the case of that interview, he was expressing his appreciation and love for the iconic and benchmark status of Williams' Superman score. And he was right...anyone trying to follow that would be walking into a buzzsaw of pre-determinism and scrutiny. Along the way...someone, maybe Nolan, Snyder, or both...must have reached out to him and emphasized how different their movie was going to be...and that they wanted his musical voice on the piece, and only his. And they apparently changed his mind.

He probably feels the same way he did before that it's a huge challenge, and...just as much out of creative respect as for artistic originality...that stepping into that 'role' that was so timelessly occupied before is daunting. But the possibility of working on any good Superman movie for anyone is certainly attractive in and of itself, and he could have still said no if he hadn't gotten a clearer sense of taking it under his own creative wing than he did before while the project was comparatively still in its infancy.
This. 99% of us understood what he meant.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #308
Project862006
Banned User

snyder and goyer felt the same way before they finally took it on

do they not care about supes either

Old 06-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #309
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

James Horner gets a lot of slack sometimes...maybe deservedly so for using his own stuff in other movies. But I still think his best work was on Star Trek II and III.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #310
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
That old argument? Really? When has Bond ever been rebooted? All this franchise is doing is bringing in new actors to play in sequels while updating the style. That's not rebooting. They've been doing that since the 70s.

The only instances where William's music is used is the Reeve-movies (and that Donner-tribute SR). William's music is NOT cannon.
They said that the Craig films was a reboot of the series...not updating the style as you say. The producers said it themselves that these films are a reboot of the Bond franchise, just as Man Of Steel is a reboot of the Superman franchise

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 06-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #311
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

They're not equivalent, though. Bond has become (for better or for worse) a staple of movies, and part of the attraction/identity of Bond movies are of being under that same 'series' unto itself. Uniformity shared in certain areas, so to speak, is one of its hallmarks. And although it was a reboot to the Bond storyline, it's not a reinvention of his cinematic identity. Part of the attraction to the reboot of Bond is the interest in seeing how he becomes a Bond that we've gotten to know (even in different leads) in cinema. Bond's presence in movies has become one of his key traits in those movies.

But Superman IS looking to reinvent his cinematic identity by resetting completely, and not being considered to be associated in any way to earlier movies. Compared to the Bond movies, MOS is very much hoping that viewers almost forget that there ever was a Superman on the big screen.

So Bond's reboot was a reboot of the Bond franchise in movies, yes. But in comparison, MOS is more like a movie that reboots the very concept altogether of Superman. Of course, people know who Lois and Clark and Supes are...but in Bond movies past Dr. No, part of using that Bond theme is knowing that the viewer has heard it before. MOS's music, along with the film, wants it to be new and unique to that new movie only. That's why it needs brand new music all around.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #312
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:

So I think it's a bit extreme to call him a 'hypocrite' for signing on now, since he probably had more to judge by than he did before.
Oh, so he felt the exact same all the time?

I wonder why didn't he accept the challenge when he was first asked then?

I mean, he did know how Nolan worked on Batman's reboot... but somehow he thought they were going to keep Williams's theme???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
This. 99% of us understood what he meant.
It's just refreshing that 99% of people (if your research is right) is so naive.

Last edited by El Payaso; 06-26-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #313
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Oh, so he felt the exact same all the time?
In terms of respecting Williams' work and openly acknowledging how daunting it would be to compete with it in the hearts and minds of moviegoers? Heck yeah. That's why he said what he did. I'm sure he still feels that way...but knows more about the project now and feels more comfortable about contributing. Not really much different than actors or personalities who have agreed to be in movies after first declining...and he obviously doesn't need the work.

Quote:
I wonder why didn't he accept the challenge when he was first asked then?
As I said, he probably didn't know too much about it, so anyone would sort of assume that the presence of the Willams work would loom large. He said he didn't even know Snyder, and probably didn't discuss the project much then. Now..considerably later after principle is done, and after probably Nolan opening up lines of communication about the project, he probably learned more, was assured that the approach would specifically be separating itself from what had come before.....and/or found out more about the movie that piqued his interest. So he reconsidered.

It was always a case about not intruding upon that work. A big part of creative respect is giving something its own space, and knowing when you'd naturally be crowding it. And that was pretty darn clear right from that first interview. If it's clearer to him now that it's a different kind of Superman movie that would give itself breathing room from what came before, then it opens up more possibilities to not be compared to the Williams stuff by default.

Quote:
I mean, he did know how Nolan worked on Batman's reboot... but somehow he thought they were going to keep Williams's theme???
He's not part of every meeting they have, and certainly not on another film they just wrote and are helping executive produce that has nothing to do with him...until they actually approach him about doing the music. It's not like he shares an office with Nolan and is in on every piece of filmmaking information. He's got plenty on his plate already just creating the music he's hired for on Batman or whatever other movie he's doing at the time.

Quote:
It's just refreshing that 99% of people (if your research is right) is so naive.
'are'.

Last edited by KalMart; 06-27-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #314
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
In terms of respecting Williams' work and openly acknowledging how daunting it would be to compete with it in the hearts and minds of moviegoers? Heck yeah. That's why he said what he did. I'm sure he still feels that way...but knows more about the project now and feels more comfortable about contributing. Not really much different than actors or personalities who have agreed to be in movies after first declining...and he obviously doesn't need the work.
Bah, respecting an artist's merits doesn't mean you cannot produce your own take on the same subject. I'm sure he respects Williams now the same as he did before. But it was just stupid to state nobody could ever score Superman again (he compared it to Mozart right?). And he ended up doing it. The irony is too much to ignore. He's now trying to improve Mozart. According to himself.

Quote:
As I said, he probably didn't know too much about it, so anyone would sort of assume that the presence of the Willams work would loom large. He said he didn't even now Snyder, and probably didn't discuss the project much then. Now..considerably later after principle is done, and after probably Nolan opening up lines of communication about the project, he probably learned more, was assured that the approach would specifically be separating itself from what had come before.....and/or found out more about the movie that piqued his interest. So he reconsidered.

It was always a case about not intruding upon that work. A big part of creative respect is giving something its own space, and knowing when you'd naturally be crowding it. And that was pretty darn clear right from that first interview. If it's clearer to him now that it's a different kind of Superman movie that would give itself breathing room from what came before, then it opens up more possibilities to not be compared to the Williams stuff by default.

He's not part of every meeting they have, and certainly not on another film they just wrote and are helping executive produce that has nothing to do with him...until they actually approach him about doing the music. It's not like he shares an office with Nolan and is in on every piece of filmmaking information. He's got plenty on his plate already just creating the music he's hired for on Batman or whatever other movie he's doing at the time.
Sure, he did know little about how Nolan re-imagine things. Elfman's theme was probably strongly considered for Batman Begins?

Even WE knew they were trying to distance this new movie from the previous franchise.

Quote:
'are'.
You?? Doing this??

Okay:

Quote:
He said he didn't even now Snyder

'know.'

Old 06-27-2012, 01:22 AM   #315
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Bah, respecting an artist's merits doesn't mean you cannot produce your own take on the same subject. I'm sure he respects Williams now the same as he did before. But it was just stupid to state nobody could ever score Superman again (he compared it to Mozart right?). And he ended up doing it. The irony is too much to ignore. He's now trying to improve Mozart. According to himself.
Again, when someone says 'nobody can follow such-and-such', it's not necessarily a statement of anyone's inability. It's hyperbole, sure...but out of affection. You're just making it out as if you're running against him in office or the like....demonizing him for saying something as a compliment.

He said that he didn't feel that Williams' score could be improved on or matched....which it really can't....and he didn't want to feel like he was competing with that. It looks like now he also realizes better that he wouldn't have to do either to still contribute an original and memorable score of his own. People reconsider...it happens. You're making it out to be that he's backpedaling on something he felt critical about.

Quote:
Sure, he did know little about how Nolan re-imagine things. Elfman's theme was probably strongly considered for Batman Begins?
But see, Nolan's not directing MOS....so it took addressing MOS specifically after he had finished his work on TDKR to help change his mind. And if you're wondering if he puts Williams' Supes score over Elfman's Batman score in the pantheon of movie scores...he probably does, and I like many agree with him. It's a more substantially iconic cinema score to have to follow onstage. So it probably took the guy who's worked with him closely for the last eight years or so to help convince him....after they finished the score on the film they were currently doing

Quote:
Even WE knew they were trying to distance this new movie from the previous franchise.
And unlike a lot here, he probably wasn't following every link or online chat-site discussion about it. But the obvious thing was he needed more convincing...and apparently he got it. It happens. There's nothing about that to crucify him over.

Quote:
You?? Doing this??
Mine: random typo

Yours: glaring grammatical error while commenting on how 'naive' you thought a majority was.

Big difference.

Nice try, though. Enjoy the score.

Last edited by KalMart; 06-27-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #316
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Again, when someone says 'nobody can follow such-and-such', it's not necessarily a statement of anyone's inability. It's hyperbole, sure...but out of affection. You're just making it out as if you're running against him in office or the like....demonizing him for saying something as a compliment.

He said that he didn't feel that Williams' score could be improved on or matched....which it really can't....and he didn't want to feel like he was competing with that. It looks like now he also realizes better that he wouldn't have to do either to still contribute an original and memorable score of his own. People reconsider...it happens.
I agree with your interpretation. Zimmer was asked to comment on rumors that he had formally signed on to do MOS. And he truthfully denied this - adding that he hadnít even been approached about it (never met Snyder). So it wasnít a question of declining an offer; there was no offer (at the time of the interview) and Zimmer was clarifying this. (Moreover, as I mentioned, scheduling may have been in Zimmerís mind. He would be working on TDKR for a summer í12 release and MOS was set for Dec. í12.) To further quash the rumor - and as a gesture of humility and a compliment to Williams - he went on to say what a thankless task it would be.

Obviously, things changed (notably, the release date for MOS) and Zimmer was persuaded.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blo...man-fast-56714

Old 06-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #317
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
They said that the Craig films was a reboot of the series...not updating the style as you say. The producers said it themselves that these films are a reboot of the Bond franchise, just as Man Of Steel is a reboot of the Superman franchise
They may have said it. But I could never see how it could be considered a full reboot.

Pretty much for one main reason for me:

M - played by Judy Dench since Goldeneye in 1995.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 06-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #318
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Big difference between being a demon and being an idiot.

Quote:
He said that he didn't feel that Williams' score could be improved on or matched....which it really can't....and he didn't want to feel like he was competing with that. It looks like now he also realizes better that he wouldn't have to do either to still contribute an original and memorable score of his own. People reconsider...it happens. You're making it out to be that he's backpedaling on something he felt critical about.
He did backpedal.

He didn't even considered it was going to be a different score (so he doesn't have to compete wioth Williams; IF we consider scoring a Superman movie necessarily a competition), as it was when he worked himself with Nolan in a DC superhero franchise written by Goyer. Didn't that ring a bell? Really? Nor did it the fact that SR is not a referent they want to follow?

Quote:
But see, Nolan's not directing MOS....so it took addressing MOS specifically after he had finished his work on TDKR to help change his mind. And if you're wondering if he puts Williams' Supes score over Elfman's Batman score in the pantheon of movie scores...he probably does, and I like many agree with him. It's a more substantially iconic cinema score to have to follow onstage. So it probably took the guy who's worked with him closely for the last eight years or so to help convince him....after they finished the score on the film they were currently doing
The movie wouldn't have been done if not for Nolan's name and approach. This is not Snyder's movie, even when he's directing. We all know that. And well, Elfman's score might not be as high as Williams' but Zimmer knows people kept asking him for a more Elfman-esque score for Batman.

Quote:
And unlike a lot here, he probably wasn't following every link or online chat-site discussion about it. But the obvious thing was he needed more convincing...and apparently he got it. It happens. There's nothing about that to crucify him over.
Why would he ever follow links and visit forums? He has the information first-hand.

Quote:
Mine: random typo

Yours: glaring grammatical error while commenting on how 'naive' you thought a majority was.

Big difference.
Yeah. Mine: okay since it's mine. Yours: wrong.

But...
Know: verb.
Now: adverb.

Or could it be that you just made a typo and I copied and pasted something and forgot to correct the conjugation? It makes no difference as we both understood each other's posts perfectly and had no need to divert the discussion into some meaningless grammar correction.

Quote:
Nice try, though.
It was. You were needlessly criticizing something while making the same kind of mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Obviously, things changed (notably, the release date for MOS) and Zimmer was persuaded.
I want to give Zimmer some credit and think he said what he said as an strategy to actually being approached and asked to do it. Things haven't changed all that much. Williams' score is still the same and the new movie is still a different approach. It was probably more money anyways.

Last edited by El Payaso; 06-27-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #319
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Where are we getting to call Zimmer an arrogant prick from? Are we putting words in his mouth or did he go back on what he said and is singing a different tune now?

Old 06-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #320
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Where are we getting to call Zimmer an arrogant prick from?
Not many are, when it comes to this
Quote:
Are we putting words in his mouth or did he go back on what he said and is singing a different tune now?
He first expressed how daunting it was to follow Williams and didn't want to step into that sort of pre-determined 'competition', as any artist would be reluctant to do. But then he's obviously had a change of heart that took some convincing and seeing it in a different way, so he's on. Some apparently took his reluctance as a dismissal, as opposed to an expression of appreciation.

Last edited by KalMart; 06-27-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #321
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:

Somehow, some way, you'll just have to find a way to deal with it. Best of luck.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #322
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Where are we getting to call Zimmer an arrogant prick from? Are we putting words in his mouth or did he go back on what he said and is singing a different tune now?
He is singing a different tune. No, he's singing the exact opposite tune:

He said:
"John Williams, the greatest living composer - full stop. And that happens to be one of his greatest themes. So no. And I'm not thinking of rewriting Beethoven's ninth either. It just sounds like a thankless task, you know? So that's unequivocally a no."

He implied it was simply impossible and a nonsensical task (like trying to re-write Beethoven's ninth). So basically anyone attempting such a thankless task must be a poor soul destined to fail. Guess who that poor soul turned out to be.

Quote:
Not many are, when it comes to this

He first expressed how daunting it was to follow Williams and didn't want to step into that sort of pre-determined 'competition', as any artist would be reluctant to do. But then he's obviously had a change of heart that took some convincing and seeing it in a different way, so he's on. Some apparently took his reluctance as a dismissal, as opposed to an expression of appreciation.
No, not any artist think scoring a movie is just something no one would do. Not any artist would "unequivocally" say no to a challenge like that. Not any artist would make the sacorting of a new Superman movie into this self-made competition.

So the words: "So no. And I'm not thinking of rewriting Beethoven's ninth either. It just sounds like a thankless task, you know? So that's unequivocally a no" don't sound like a dismissal to you? Really?

Quote:
Somehow, some way, you'll just have to find a way to deal with it. Best of luck.
Deal with what, man?

They're not using Williams' score and are trying a different thing, just like I think it should be.

Zimmer had to swallow his own words and now is doing what he considers a "thankless task."

It sounds like everything's going the way I wanted, doesn't it?

Old 06-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #323
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:

He said:
"John Williams, the greatest living composer - full stop. And that happens to be one of his greatest themes. So no. And I'm not thinking of rewriting Beethoven's ninth either. It just sounds like a thankless task, you know? So that's unequivocally a no."

He implied it was simply impossible and a nonsensical task (like trying to re-write Beethoven's ninth). So basically anyone attempting such a thankless task must be a poor soul destined to fail. Guess who that poor soul turned out to be.
And he's still not...he's doing just his own music for the film, not reflective of Willams' at all. He's finally comfortable about it after some convincing and reconsidering, but you somehow still seem to be having trouble with that.

Quote:
No, not any artist think scoring a movie is just something no one would do.
He didn't say that no one could physically put a score to the movie, he was talking about trying to specifically stand alongside Williams' on that established pedestal. It took a while to be comfortable with there not being a contest, at least from the standpoint of the filmmakers. Again, any of knew that any composer could be put into an unfair position of comparison specifically with the legacy of the William's Superman score looming so large. And especially with him being as well-known as he is, it calls even more attention to a sense of 'competition' from viewers. He knew that as do we. So it probably took more cajoling from Nolan and Snyder to get him on board, assure him that they're not holding him up to anyone else's standard but his, and that they have full confidence in that everything about the movie will be able to stand on its own merits exclusively.

Including the area which seems to cross over to other versions more than anything in the hearts and minds of audiences...that music.

Quote:
Not any artist would "unequivocally" say no to a challenge like that. Not any artist would make the sacorting of a new Superman movie into this self-made competition.
Any artist would know the influence that he'd be up against on something so well established. It's not that he thought Elfman's Batman was bad work, he obviously just didn't revere it as much as the Williams one. And many would agree.

And there's nothing self-made about it...everyone is conscious of the Williams score, you can see how many here and in popular culture that feel that its inseparable form the character.

Quote:
So the words: "So no. And I'm not thinking of rewriting Beethoven's ninth either. It just sounds like a thankless task, you know? So that's unequivocally a no" don't sound like a dismissal to you? Really?
And guess what...they convinced him that they won't be going Beethoven on this one. He needed more convincing. Now he's got it, simple as that. If you just want to keep feeling angry about it for whatever reason...go for it, but it's because you want to be angry about it, not because there's actually hypocrisy, or arrogance, or some sort of dismissal involved on his part. You're the only one thinking that way about it. So again, best of luck.

Last edited by KalMart; 06-27-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #324
musclesforsupes
Side-Kick

My opinion is great that Hans is composing the score, however I do feel once the trailer in theatre goes or the movie for that matter starts. The GA will probably say to themselves or to there person they see the movie with..Wait where is the Superman theme?

Unless the WB markets this like Star Trek Reboot and says this is not your father's superman or something like that to tell the audience its a reboot..Who knows time will tell if the movie works or it doesn't.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #325
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:

He said:

It is indeed a daunting task. One any composer would feel if taking on a different theme. I wouldn't call him an arrogant prick though for being daunted. But where is it implied that it sounds like someone taking the task would be a "poor soul destined to fail?" At the time he probably didn't see anything with the film. Now he might have seen something that changed his mind that made him confident in him doing something differently. Perhaps now he won't look at it as trying to face up to Williams theme. Now he sees it as somethign he can do himself.

Closed Thread