Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #626
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Maybe I am the only one in this thread who likes Zimmer's score for TDKR.
The thing is, about 75% of the TDKR score are just re-arrangements of cues that were in the first two movies (that was also a problem in the fourth POTC film). Whenever Zimmer was allowed to write new music for the new characters, he did a fine job considering.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 08-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #627
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident29 View Post
Since there are lots of diplomatic people on here I'm going to say what most rational people are thinking:

If you think there is somebody more appropriate to capture the gravity and significance of Superman musically than Hans Zimmer you need to take that crack pipe out of your mouth.

I only use my crack pipe on the weekends.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:24 AM   #628
Gabe99
Side-Kick

No John Williams Theme in Man of Steel

Zack Snyder discusses the challenges of making Superman relatable.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:26 AM   #629
Project862006
Banned User

people forget zimmer scored megamind!!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-14-2012, 02:28 AM   #630
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

No Williams theme for the reboot was very much expected and its the right move.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 08-14-2012, 02:30 AM   #631
BuddhaWasABat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
No Williams theme for the reboot was very much expected and its the right move.
Agreed.

2) The Dark Knight Rises
3) Watchmen
4) Batman Begins
5) Iron Man
6) X2
7) Avengers
8) X Men First Class
9) Spider-man 2
10) X Men
Old 08-14-2012, 02:42 AM   #632
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano

Zimmer never did Elfman's Batman theme, so I didn't expect him to anything of the sort here.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:49 AM   #633
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

NOT USING WILLIAMS THEME! NO! Impossible, this movie's gonna suck!!!!

Old 08-14-2012, 03:12 AM   #634
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I give Zimmer props for his work on Batman on the basis of creating a new sound for the character. Something I think is essential with reboots, severing ties to the past and starting fresh/doing something different. It would be a difficult task to take on, and I think he succeeded in his own right there. He went in the total opposite direction to Elfman, and was brave with it. Here we're going to gain new sounds of the Superman character that otherwise would've been left unexplored if we clung onto the past. The Williams theme will always be there to listen to.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 08-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #635
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Maybe I am the only one in this thread who likes Zimmer's score for TDKR.
Nah, I freaking loved it.

I was actually in a cinema bathroom the other day after going to see Ted, and it must have been right next to a screen showing TDKR, and I heard the music and just felt all goosepimply. It's instantly recognisable.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 08-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #636
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post

I was actually in a cinema bathroom the other day after going to see Ted, and it must have been right next to a screen showing TDKR, and I heard the music and just felt all goosepimply. It's instantly recognisable.
And fitting, considering what room you were in.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 08-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #637
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Oh, I loved it too. I saw the movie twice. Once in a reg theater with my honey and second in an IMAX theater. And I'll tell ya, it sounded amazing. I definitely recognize it with that Batman instantly. I don't mind if Zimmer's is a whistler or not because I already have one with the Williams theme. I just listened to almost every theme song used in various media for Superman and each one owned it... well except for Smallville's pop song. Everyone should give them a listen. It was a good time. I think HZ will do fine.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 08-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #638
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

If the music is anything like the music in the trailer, we could end up with something like this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Old 08-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #639
Frontier
Arkham Asylum Inmate

Yes, I'm ok with the no Williams theme. I really wanted it for "Returns" and remember being interested to know if it would happen and hating how long it took to find out it would. But I'm ok with it not being in this film, and think now it is time to move on from it.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #640
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

No surprise. Funny how Snyder can turn his back on the theme but not on Zod. And if he thinks Zimmer is going to write something "awesome". Which seems to be his favorite word as "extraordinary" is with Nolan. I just wonder what his idea of "awesome" music is since he's worked with Tyler Bates a number of times and I don't recall any of Bates' music in any film "awesome".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
people forget zimmer scored megamind!!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I didn't forget. But I remember people from various film score forums saying Zimmer only wrote the theme and Lorne Balfe (one of Zimmer's many co-composers even on TDKR) wrote the actual score for Megamind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I give Zimmer props for his work on Batman on the basis of creating a new sound for the character. Something I think is essential with reboots, severing ties to the past and starting fresh/doing something different. It would be a difficult task to take on, and I think he succeeded in his own right there. He went in the total opposite direction to Elfman, and was brave with it. Here we're going to gain new sounds of the Superman character that otherwise would've been left unexplored if we clung onto the past. The Williams theme will always be there to listen to.
You're right about it being different from Elfman's and whoever came before. It's not much different from Zimmer's other blockbuster scores. For that reason alone I think he failed writing something where I can say that's Batman. In the end it's just another generic Zimmer blockbuster action score. That's most of the time just sound design. Hopefully this is it for him on batman. If only somebody would fire Zimmer and hire somebody else for the MOS score. I'll be looking forward to the MOS score for sure. I mean he already failed to deliever a worthy score (or worthy scores in general) to one DC icon. No need for him to fail to do so again with another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post

Well I'll give Zimmer this he wrote the "noisiest" bat score yet. And that's saying a lot b/c Goldenthal's Bat scores were very loud. The difference is Goldenthal's music wasn't playing loudly over scenes with people just talking. Goldenthal's score was loud mostly during the action scenes. I'm going to make a prediction that the MOS score will be louder than TDKR and Inception.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #641
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
No surprise. Funny how Snyder can turn his back on the theme but not on Zod. And if he thinks Zimmer is going to write something "awesome". Which seems to be his favorite word as "extraordinary" is with Nolan. I just wonder what his idea of "awesome" music is since he's worked with Tyler Bates a number of times and I don't recall any of Bates' music in any film "awesome".
I think someone beat him to the punch....

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 08-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #642
sup101
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=Elevator Man;24144915]No surprise. Funny how Snyder can turn his back on the theme but not on Zod.

You have to realize that christopher nolan and david s. goyer wrote the story for the film and they came up with the villains not snyder.If they put the old theme in the film it stay the same.Zod will not be the same as the zod from the old superman movies unlike the old music if they was to use it.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #643
X Knight
Saber Class

I hope Zimmer gives MOS an actual theme and makes the score more than just "background" music. which is kind of what it felt like in the Nolan Bat films.

the MOS needs to have a heroic, majestic feel to it........it needs to feel hopeful and uplifting.......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #644
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Loudest background music in history.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #645
X Knight
Saber Class

^ lol

well, maybe background music isn't the right term.

but, the feeling I got throughout the films was that the music was just kind of "there." it's hard to explain.

it was kind of hard to pin down a definable theme ( in the same way as the Williams Superman theme or the Elfman Batman theme ).

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 08-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #646
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

This just in Hans Zimmer confirms the MOS score will be his loudest score EVER!

Old 08-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #647
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I kind of hope that Zimmer is able to create some badass music for Zod's character like how he was able to for the likes of the Joker and especially for Bane.
He will. He'll deliver the goods.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #648
sup101
Side-Kick

The score and the music in the film will mostly have a somber and dark feel to it.They hinted at what type of music they wanna use in the film with the comic con trailer and the teaser.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #649
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
You have to realize that christopher nolan and david s. goyer wrote the story for the film and they came up with the villains not snyder.If they put the old theme in the film it stay the same.Zod will not be the same as the zod from the old superman movies unlike the old music if they was to use it.

He told a ball face lie in early interviews that Zod wasn't going to be in it before eventually announcing Zod was in it. What you just said just proves Nolan some what still has control eventhough he said he's letting Snyder do his own thing.

Oh and I also want to add Snyder's giving us another Superman origin story. YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! We just can't get enough of those in Superman comic books, tv shows, cartoons, and now movies. Heck we've seen too many of those in other comic book /superhero movies.

Btw, I know using the Williams' theme will make some think of the other films and it wouldn't be right for a film that's seperating itself from past films. As this thread proves. But if you're going to ignore what preceded it and act like none of the Superman films existed. Then don't pick and choose what you don't want. Ignore everything including retelling the origin and reusing villains from previous films. I don't care if it's a new take on Zod. The point is it's still Zod. They could've easily used Brainiac, Doomsday, etc.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #650
DogofKrypton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Btw, I know using the Williams' theme will make some think of the other films and it wouldn't be right for a film that's seperating itself from past films. As this thread proves. But if you're going to ignore what preceded it and act like none of the Superman films existed. Then don't pick and choose what you don't want. Ignore everything including retelling the origin and reusing villains from previous films. I don't care if it's a new take on Zod. The point is it's still Zod. They could've easily used Brainiac, Doomsday, etc.
Then YOU should be more consistent in your complaining as well.

According to your "logic", Snyder shouldn't be using:

Superman. Lois Lane. Clark Kent. Jonathan Kent. Martha Kent. Perry White.

Since they were in the Donner movies too. YOU don't get to pick & choose either.

Closed Thread