Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #676
sup101
Side-Kick

Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
No kidding. I see some infractions (or outright bans) coming in the very near future.
ban for telling the truth?

Old 08-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #677
sup101
Side-Kick

@Elevator Man need to chill out.He saying the movie will suck.I'm saying he don't know what he talking about and have not seen the movie yet.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #678
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
@Elevator Man.Are you a freaking retard are just brainless?How many times ima tell you that Christopher nolan and david s. goyer wrote the story for the film and they pick zod as the main villain not Snyder.Snyder can't change are rewrite the story.Wb went forward with making the movie because nolan pitch his story to wb and they liked it.They trust nolan.If Snyder rewrite the story and change villains it will be garbage.Snyder is not good at writing stories!
Quote:
ban for telling the truth?
I'm sorry, but how is the sentence in bold "telling the truth"? Well myself and most other adults around here would call that being childish. You can disagree with someone all you want, but please don't stoop as low as to throw the childish insults. It's pointless and not needed.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #679
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm sorry, but how is the sentence in bold "telling the truth"? Well myself and most other adults around here would call that being childish. You can disagree with someone all you want, but please don't stoop as low as to throw the childish insults. It's pointless and not needed.
Everything i stated is fact.I understand where you coming from about the name calling.That dude is a troll!Nothing he saying is relevant.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #680
DogofKrypton
Banned User

Quote:
One thing I will say is this:

A troll doesn't just insult and make fun of.

When one person is doing their best to get under people's skin to provoke reactions like the one you are referencing, they are trolling. He has a victim mentality, and wants to believe it's "everyone else" and not him. His very own words support this.

So I am just going to ignore his ludicrously ridiculous statements, and let him wallow in his misery until June of 2013. But make no mistake, he IS trolling.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #681
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
@Elevator Man need to chill out.He saying the movie will suck.I'm saying he don't know what he talking about and have not seen the movie yet.
I need to chill out? You're the one resorting to name calling. I never once stated MOS will suck. I only stated the problems I have about what I was hearing about MOS.

Quote:
Everything i stated is fact.I understand where you coming from about the name calling.That dude is a troll!Nothing he saying is relevant.
Again you're the one resorting to name calling. Look if you are excited about the film good for you. If it bothers you so much that I have doubts about the film then just ignore me and move on. It's nothing to get worked up about. Btw, eventhough I have my doubts I'm still looking forward to MOS. But you seriously need to chill.

We also need to get back on topic about Zimmer scoring MOS. We've already been way off topic enough.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #682
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogofKrypton View Post
One thing I will say is this:

A troll doesn't just insult and make fun of.

When one person is doing their best to get under people's skin to provoke reactions like the one you are referencing, they are trolling. He has a victim mentality, and wants to believe it's "everyone else" and not him. His very own words support this.

So I am just going to ignore his ludicrously ridiculous statements, and let him wallow in his misery until June of 2013. But make no mistake, he IS trolling.
I understand that, and the other person is just as much in the wrong as he is. However, that doesn't give anyone the right to fly off at the mouth and call the other person (or anyone else) childish names. I have learned, just like you have, to completely ignore people such as the person causing all of this. I just don't want to see 'sup' or anyone else get banned or infracted for doing something that could have been avoided in the first place. I'm not saying that I'm perfect by any means, but sometimes you have to say to yourself, it's really not worth it.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #683
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post

After seeing TDKR twice, I have to say I'm not really that excited about Zimmer anymore. I agree with the loud music in TDKR, and Inception and TDK before that. I just don't understand Zimmer's need to have loud music, especially over scenes with people just talking. WTF. He should be scoring just the action sequences, not the dialog!
He likes scoring grass growing.

Quote:
The sound levels on Nolan's movies have started turning me off to his movies now, in fact. Which is a shame because I love his movies otherwise.

I hope with someone that's not Nolan as the director, maybe some of this accursedly loud music will be fixed.
TDKR was almost abusive. But Superman is obviously different...and even of Zimmer still does a lot of atmospheric stuff...it's a different atmosphere from Batman. I get the feeling he wants to do something very unique...not just from Williams, but his own stuff as well.

But yeah, it was heavy in TDK, but it really flogged you in TDKR.

Kinda' like a lot of this thread.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 08-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #684
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:

After seeing TDKR twice, I have to say I'm not really that excited about Zimmer anymore. I agree with the loud music in TDKR, and Inception and TDK before that. I just don't understand Zimmer's need to have loud music, especially over scenes with people just talking. WTF. He should be scoring just the action sequences, not the dialog!

The sound levels on Nolan's movies have started turning me off to his movies now, in fact. Which is a shame because I love his movies otherwise.

I hope with someone that's not Nolan as the director, maybe some of this accursedly loud music will be fixed.
Look, Nolan and his sound team could simply not use the score during these scenes, but all these movies use score to keep you in an either epic or surreal place. Zimmer straddles a fine line of being using simplistic progressions for his themes, but viscerally, his work is incredibly effective. You don't have to be crazy avant garde to make a very effective score. If he were just doing experimental pieces without having to adhere to the story, I'm sure his work would be much more musically explorative. His bombasticness is directly correlated to the stories that are being told, and I can't think of many instances where it doesnt work for the films benefit.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #685
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

The reasoning and approach were sensible of source, but the delivery was just too much at times. Sometimes it was like having sauce that was too thick and heavy, when it could stand to have more of the natural flavor come out.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 08-17-2012, 02:14 AM   #686
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I like Zimmer's overly dramatic scores. I look forward to his Superman one.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:41 AM   #687
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Im sick of not being able to properly hear dialogue because theres loud drums and **** in the background. Its irritating. And Im also seek of constant ****ing background music in almost every scene.

Nolan obviously didnt have a problem with that, so Im hoping Snyder can get Zimmer to calm down a little.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:48 AM   #688
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

That was a sound mixing problem, not Zimmer's. Nolan could've asked that they brought the music down a couple of notches.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:59 AM   #689
Asgard
Kanga Fu

It must have been a stylistic choice for Nolan to keep the music like that. Really irritating.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:06 AM   #690
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I agree, I don't know why decided to do it.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #691
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
That was a sound mixing problem, not Zimmer's. Nolan could've asked that they brought the music down a couple of notches.
It was more than a mixing issue...unless they could have turned some of the music all the way off and didn't.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #692
X Knight
Saber Class

do you think Zimmer will have anything in time for a MOS trailer in Dec.?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #693
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
do you think Zimmer will have anything in time for a MOS trailer in Dec.?
Probably not, and if he did it would be temp/synth stuff. No amount of finished score will exist until sometime in the Spring.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #694
X Knight
Saber Class

^ah, thanks.

so they will prob use the same piece of Zimmer music they used in the comic con trailer.........assuming the full trailer will be similar to the comic con one.......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 08-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #695
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
^ah, thanks.

so they will prob use the same piece of Zimmer music they used in the comic con trailer.........assuming the full trailer will be similar to the comic con one.......
Maybe, but there's no telling. Could be that cue, could be another Zimmer cue, could be a library piece that sounds like a Zimmer cue, could be a library piece that doesn't sound like a Zimmer cue. "They" will consist of the WB marketing exec in charge, the trailer house or houses they have cutting the trailer(s), what their creative choices are, what the WB president of marketing says, what music they're willing to pay to clear.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #696
shauner111
Side-Kick

What's wrong with the sound on Nolans movies? lol ive always been able to understand dialogue and im never distracted by the volume of Zimmers score. He has plenty of dialogue scenes and action scenes without ANY music what so ever.

Only on here do i hear about this stuff..

Old 08-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #697
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

I think it's more a matter of taste, and in TDKR in particular, it just felt slathered on too thick and heavy to the point it was almost distracting, even though it was composed the actual screen action. It's like if you're at a major sporting event, and something great happens and you're cheering with everyone else...but then someone screams in your ear "that's ****ing awesome, isn't it?!! Seriously, how ****ing awesome is that...have you ever seen anything so ***ing awesome...???!!!" Suddenly it's gone from really enjoyable to whoa dude. It's like, "...we get it...".

Last edited by KalMart; 08-17-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #698
Asr
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Look, Nolan and his sound team could simply not use the score during these scenes, but all these movies use score to keep you in an either epic or surreal place. Zimmer straddles a fine line of being using simplistic progressions for his themes, but viscerally, his work is incredibly effective. You don't have to be crazy avant garde to make a very effective score. If he were just doing experimental pieces without having to adhere to the story, I'm sure his work would be much more musically explorative. His bombasticness is directly correlated to the stories that are being told, and I can't think of many instances where it doesnt work for the films benefit.
I wasn't denying Zimmer's bombast, and I actually love a lot of his scores from Gladiator to Black Hawk Down and a lot of other movies. And I like his Batman score overall too. But his music has been getting way too loud for comfort on his latest movies with Nolan - Inception, TDK, and now TDKR. It just jumps way too much out of the soundtrack that it's a distraction for me. And he scores everything - which I find pretty damn annoying actually, compared to a lot of other movies that stop the music every now and then, especially for dialog-heavy scenes. Do dialog scenes really need to be scored?

Of course it's probably more of a Nolan thing than a Zimmer thing, but I hope Snyder will dial down the Zimmer factor anyway. Zimmer needs to go back to more of his subtle work from Gladiator, IMO.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #699
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
I think it's more a matter of taste, and in TDKR in particular, it just felt slathered on too thick and heavy to the point it was almost distracting, even though it was composed the actual screen action. It's like if you're at a major sporting event, and something great happens and you're cheering with everyone else...but then someone screams in your ear "that's ****ing awesome, isn't it?!! Seriously, how ****ing awesome is that...have you ever seen anything so ***ing awesome...???!!!" Suddenly it's gone from really enjoyable to whoa dude. It's like, "...we get it...".
Imagine that guy's surprise when he turns to the offender and sees

First time Ive ever seen a picture of the guy and he looks like a screamer to me.

Last edited by Asgard; 08-17-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #700
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Imagine that guy's surprise when he turns to the offender and sees

First time Ive ever seen a picture of the guy and he looks like a screamer to me.
...and with that accent....epic screaming.

Closed Thread